Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Who deserves a title shot more?
Quinton "Rampage" Jackson 12 30.77%
Lyoto "Dragon" Machida 27 69.23%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-03-2012, 10:33 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh07039 View Post
yeah ive been watching cause i got nothing better to do. Im stuck up in my sisters shoebox of an apartment in boston because i havent had power since monday. Watching a stream i found and just glad to be warm and not in the dark.
damn man that sucks, i had off work for 2 days and a day without power but i cant complain at all.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 10:38 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Location: "Im against Picketing, but I don't know how to show it"-Mitch Hedberg
josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
damn man that sucks, i had off work for 2 days and a day without power but i cant complain at all.
Its the second time in 2 years i have lost power for an extended period so its pretty old already. I'm just happy that i had someplace to go. It would have been freezing in my house the last few nights.

I cant believe how recently Anthony Johnson was insisting on fighting at 170.
Old 11-03-2012, 10:45 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

HOLY FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF lmaooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Rumble looks huge at 205 lmao.

Old 11-03-2012, 10:49 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
HOLY FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF lmaooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Rumble looks huge at 205 lmao.
I still dont understand how he even came close to 170 within the last few years. He is so huge.
Old 11-03-2012, 10:52 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh07039 View Post
I still dont understand how he even came close to 170 within the last few years. He is so huge.
yup and he's 6-1" so he's not short. but you could really see how much his face has filled out, he really was killing his body by fighting at 170 let alone 185. He's 4-0 out of the UFC, let him back in at 205 and he can be at least an exciting gatekeeper.

Old 11-03-2012, 11:04 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Quote:
yup and he's 6-1" so he's not short. but you could really see how much his face has filled out, he really was killing his body by fighting at 170 let alone 185. He's 4-0 out of the UFC, let him back in at 205 and he can be at least an exciting gatekeeper.
Absolutely, hes definitely not going to be a guy who will contend with Jones but I dont see any reason why he can't compete with some guys at 205 in the UFC. Id like to see him go up against a guy around the bottom of the top ten or a little below. He has got good striking and decent wrestling.

Maybe Little Nog or someone around there. I assume hes locked in to WSOF for a few though.
Old 11-03-2012, 11:53 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Give him Vinny Magalahes, see if Vinny can survive getting knocked out long enough to pull guard, then see if Rumble can survive 30 seconds before tapping.

Old 11-04-2012, 01:14 AM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Give him Vinny Magalahes, see if Vinny can survive getting knocked out long enough to pull guard, then see if Rumble can survive 30 seconds before tapping.
I would love that for the sheer novelty of it. I am a big time Vinny fan so it would be nice to see how he would do against a legitimate striker. When I heard Rumble say that hes starting to like bjj now, i just chuckled because i remember hearing him talk **** about how boring it was a million times.
Old 11-08-2012, 09:03 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Strikeforce is done. Ronda is UFC champ. Last strikeforce event in January. Glad its finally done.

Edit: Random thought, but i was just watching monty python and I just thought it would be amazng if a fighter came out to the theme music and walked out like john cleese in the ministry of funny walks.

Last edited by josh07039 : 11-08-2012 at 09:15 PM.
josh07039 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 07:23 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

I like Rich but F yeah Cung Le, I love that guy. He's 40 has big physical limitations but still can scrap with middle tier middleweights. I only wish he could have focused on MMA earlier because for all intents and purposes we have heard about his great takedown defense and is what a JC wrestling champ? Anyways it would have been amazing to have seen him in MMA in his physical prime.

Old 11-17-2012, 09:02 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.vipboxsports.eu/boxing/71...am-online.html
Old 11-17-2012, 10:49 PM    (permalink
Job Reborn
Veteran

Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

holy **** hendricks.
Job Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 10:50 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Hendricks power is insane. Hendricks just may be a legit challenge to GSP.

Old 11-17-2012, 11:38 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Did they really need to have a camera solely focused on Anderson when a majority of the time he sat their not reacting to anything?
Old 11-17-2012, 11:41 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Hendricks power is insane. Hendricks just may be a legit challenge to GSP.
Indeed. The only way you can beat GSP is having huge power and catching him or being able to neutralize his wrestling. Hendricks might be able to do both, but GSP's wrestling could just be some next level ****.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTgiants View Post
Did they really need to have a camera solely focused on Anderson when a majority of the time he sat their not reacting to anything?
He did get visibly disappointed when GSP made the final TD to finish the fight. You can tell Silva doesn't respect it, especially when Georges just hurt him in an exchange.
Old 11-17-2012, 11:48 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For all the **** he takes about his GnP, GSP sure put a lickin' on Condit tonight.
Old 11-17-2012, 11:53 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

The blood made it look much better than it was, but yeah, I have no qualms about the way he fought tonight. Didn't really make a bigtime push to finish at any point in time, but Condit was throwing out a sub every 5 seconds, so that was the right call.
Old 11-17-2012, 11:59 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

I know we have been looking for the superfight for forever but I am actually much more interested in Hendricks vs GSP than GSP vs Anderson at this point. If not Elenberger vs Hendricks is a matchup I would love to see. To be honest with me only seeing him having a few fights left the only dream fight for Anderson I'd like is vs Bones which is highly unlikely. Or maybe Andreson vs Rashad. I just think GSP still has a ton of challenges out there at WW. Hendricks is an interesting fight, Nick Diaz fight is looming out there, Marquardt coming from strikeforce, or a rematch with Carlos.

Old 11-18-2012, 12:09 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Well, I'd love to see Anderson-GSP. Hendricks can wait. I am in no way more interested in a Hendricks fight and I LOVE Hendricks. 2 of the top 3 p4p (including the goat) going at it.....that's the dream right there. Nothing beats that.
Old 11-18-2012, 12:16 AM    (permalink
Job Reborn
Veteran

Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
Well, I'd love to see Anderson-GSP. Hendricks can wait. I am in no way more interested in a Hendricks fight and I LOVE Hendricks. 2 of the top 3 p4p (including the goat) going at it.....that's the dream right there. Nothing beats that.
Fedor was something incredible too in his prime.
Job Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 12:24 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job Reborn View Post
Fedor was something incredible too in his prime.
Yeah, Fedor was incredible. It's tough to make a case against Anderson though, especially with the way Fedor's career ended (obviously the same could happen to Anderson; hasn't yet though). The dude hasn't lost (except for a DQ) since 2005 and stopped 17 of the 19 opponents in question. His quality of opposition is much better too, all Fedor really had was Nog and Cro Cop.
Old 11-18-2012, 09:19 AM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

The only thing Ill say about a Hendricks-GSP fight is that GSP has shown that he can easily defeat these wrestler-power puncher types. Hendricks has shown insane power, but I feel like GSP will take him down as he lunges forward with his crazy power punches.

As for the Anderson fight, I feel like GSP has a good shot, but Anderson is just so much bigger than he is and has crazy killer instinct.
Old 11-18-2012, 01:44 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want to see GSP vs. Anderson because it's the two smartest fighters in the game going at it. For years I've thought it would be a great battle to see. With Anderson winding down on his career he seems to want it too. That payday would be major.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 07:28 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Man View Post
I want to see GSP vs. Anderson because it's the two smartest fighters in the game going at it. For years I've thought it would be a great battle to see. With Anderson winding down on his career he seems to want it too. That payday would be major.
I wouldn't call Anderson the smartest fighter, to be honest he doesn't really ever implement a gameplan, what he is however is the most instinctive and skilled fighter out there. GSP will have his gameplan to take down Anderson ASAP so we'll see how easy it comes.

Old 11-19-2012, 01:40 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anderson' a really smart guy because he knows guy's weaknesses in and out, and there isn't anyone better at figuring out a fighter than Anderson. When he's got you down it's a wrap. At this point I have a hard time believing that he could be in the cage with you for 5 rounds without figuring out how to shut your whole game down. That's what makes a GSP and Jones fight interesting to me. GSP can definitely stay away from what Anderson has, and Jones is a great wrestler that could do a ton of damage with his elbows to Anderson. The problem is that Anderson has a rock solid chin, and you can't do the same thing to him twice. If either fight happens I'd be happy as hell.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote