Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Who deserves a title shot more?
Quinton "Rampage" Jackson 12 30.77%
Lyoto "Dragon" Machida 27 69.23%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-20-2013, 08:33 AM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Those are awesome pics. You are one lucky man.

What a card. Best of the year so far? That Diego-Melendez tilt was an absolute war.
Old 10-20-2013, 09:28 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 09:47 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

any gifs of Cain licking the blood? he went BJ Penn on us

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 09:50 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't really get why so many people dislike Cain.
Old 10-20-2013, 11:09 AM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Location: "Im against Picketing, but I don't know how to show it"-Mitch Hedberg
josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't dislike Cain but I've never gotten behind him. He just comes off as intense and boring. Junior comes off as downright loveable.

Junior's strategy made no sense to me. He just kept shuffling back to the cage. Trying to land only crazy **** like spinning kicks and haymakers is just not a good idea against Cain. I was really amazed he didn't try to keep him off with some jabs. He landed it a few times here and there, but didn't commit to keeping cain off him with strikes. He just seemed content to be pressed against the cage and then eventually push cain off a little. I got no sense that JDS had worked on anything that involved maintaining distance. He clearly worked on grappling and staying up but not on jabs and little leg kicks that can keep a guy off a little. Even with a better strategy, Cain likely still wins, but I was expecting a more logical strategy from JDS.
Old 10-20-2013, 11:13 AM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
I don't really get why so many people dislike Cain.
I think it's his stupid tattoo.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 05:53 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

JDS didn't want to get taken down so he put his back against the cage, that was his strategy.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 06:01 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
JDS didn't want to get taken down so he put his back against the cage, that was his strategy.
Which is also why they need to re-add takedown defense in the judges scoring. Cain really wasn't doing anything against the cage and I feel like Herb should have separated them to get the fight moving along. It wasn't like JDS was trying to get out of those positions and all Cain was doing was failing takedowns.
Old 10-20-2013, 06:18 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
Which is also why they need to re-add takedown defense in the judges scoring. Cain really wasn't doing anything against the cage and I feel like Herb should have separated them to get the fight moving along. It wasn't like JDS was trying to get out of those positions and all Cain was doing was failing takedowns.
I'm not sure I'd say that because all of the damage JDS took was because Cain had him against the cage, Cain wanted no part in them striking at a distance. I will say the style Cormier and Cain are employing is incredibly boring. Makes you wonder how the fight would turn out in a ring instead of the octagon where the cage was like an extra arm.

Old 10-20-2013, 06:47 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If it was a ring instead of a cage, JDS would've been tasting some nasty gnp all fight.
Old 10-20-2013, 10:52 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not completely sure about that. It's the most likely and logical scenario but I don't think JDS would get handled like that.

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 02:33 AM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
Those are awesome pics. You are one lucky man.

What a card. Best of the year so far? That Diego-Melendez tilt was an absolute war.
Thanks! The card was awesome. Even the prelims were awesome. Each one was from a tko or a submission. Only a couple of the fights in the whole card went to decision and they were all awesome other than the Big Country/Cormier fight.

I'm surprised the refs didn't call the Diego fight. Each time they stopped it, the crowd got nervous because we wanted them to keep going, but that cut was awful. That fight was so awesome. I turned to the kid next to me after the Dodson KO and said that that fight and KO can't be beat. Then Diego comes with the next fight and blows it away.
Old 10-21-2013, 03:24 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
If it was a ring instead of a cage, JDS would've been tasting some nasty gnp all fight.
Not really. You can't hold a guy against the ropes like you can against a cage. The ref would have separated them pretty much immediately any time it got to the ropes. JDS would have had a lot more freedom to throw his hands and Cain still wouldn't be able to get take downs.
Old 10-21-2013, 07:21 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Not really. You can't hold a guy against the ropes like you can against a cage. The ref would have separated them pretty much immediately any time it got to the ropes. JDS would have had a lot more freedom to throw his hands and Cain still wouldn't be able to get take downs.
JDS wasn't sprawling though. He was backpedaling to the cage as fast as possible. You can't do that with so much vigor if you know you can go thru the ropes at the other end.

Cain just has his number. Ring, cage, street, whatever....he will beat him 7 or 8/10 times.
Old 10-25-2013, 08:58 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Tito has withdrawn from his fight with Rampage due to a neck injury, and the PPV card has now been moved to spike for free. This is the best news ever. Now I dont have to watch the one fight i didn't want to see and I don't have to waste money to watch Chandler vs Alvarez 2, Curran vs Strauss, King Mo vs Emmanuel Newton rematch, plus Cheick Kongo beat up on Quieroz.

Old 10-26-2013, 04:42 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Machida is pure class

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 05:18 PM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Veteran

cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Holy ****, is lyoto fighting at 185 now? That's so awesome. Worth that ******** Phil Davis loss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
We've already seen that your love is only capable of destroying.

Last edited by cgf (Rosebud) : 10-26-2013 at 05:37 PM.
cgf (Rosebud) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 05:30 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

That matchup was a death sentence for Munoz.
Old 10-26-2013, 06:00 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Location: "Im against Picketing, but I don't know how to show it"-Mitch Hedberg
josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That matchup was a death sentence for Munoz.
Not sure how anyone could have picked Munoz. On the ground maybe Munoz could have landed some big shot I jus saw no way he was going to get it there. Munoz has always had that insane GNP power but never really landed any significant shots on the feet.
Old 10-26-2013, 07:00 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh07039 View Post
Not sure how anyone could have picked Munoz. On the ground maybe Munoz could have landed some big shot I jus saw no way he was going to get it there. Munoz has always had that insane GNP power but never really landed any significant shots on the feet.
Yeah, I don't see anyone at 185 getting Machida to the ground. Should be fun watching him clear out the garbage ass wrestlers in that division (sooo many ******, boring wrestlers at 185!).
Old 10-26-2013, 07:40 PM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Veteran

cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So does that mean that once Lyoto's cleared out everyone from that division he'll fight Anderson?

Quote:
Old 10-26-2013, 08:01 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Nope. My guess is that Anderson will avenge his title loss and then vacate the belt to go fight Jones (or fight GSP, then vacate for Jones), leaving 185 to Lyoto.
Old 10-26-2013, 08:17 PM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Veteran

Quote:
Nope. My guess is that Anderson will avenge his title loss and then vacate the belt to go fight Jones (or fight GSP, then vacate for Jones), leaving 185 to Lyoto.
That's what I figured. Oh well Lyoto should run this division for as long as he'd like and I'd love to see that.

Quote:
Old 10-27-2013, 01:32 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

I just want to know wtf Jimy Hettes is doing fighting on undercards still.
Old 11-02-2013, 11:39 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Excellent fight as expected. Chandler should get the decision, but some great drama there with Alvarez's late rnc attempts.