Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Who deserves a title shot more?
Quinton "Rampage" Jackson 12 30.77%
Lyoto "Dragon" Machida 27 69.23%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-29-2013, 12:23 AM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
Icon

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's why you check kicks!!

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 12:26 AM    (permalink
RufusMcDaniel
Mage Bros
Pro Bowler

RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ughhhhhhhhh.
RufusMcDaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 12:28 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcn92 View Post
I immediately regret watching the replay of that leg kick. (Throws up)
I'm so glad I recognized what happened before I actually saw IT. Didn't see it, and I'm better off for that.
Old 12-29-2013, 12:28 AM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What a **** way for Anderson to lose. I hate seeing those types of injuries, and I hope he heals correctly at his age.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 12:32 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

wtf did i just see I don't watch it a lot and the one night I watch I see this ****

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 12:34 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just don't think Anderson has it left in him to rehab from that and be motivated at his age. I hope Weidman finally gets to drop that whole fluke thing. Yeah it ended on a freakish injury but Weidman was dominating and showed that he could stop Anderson at any time with his power and ground control. Weidman is too aggressive and powerful to not be able to finish Anderson in 5 like Chael was.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 12:35 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's unfortunate to see, but it wasn't nearly as gruesome as Kevin Ware's.
Old 12-29-2013, 12:37 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We broken legs now.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 12:38 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's surprising it doesn't happen more, but it really takes the perfect storm of a guy throwing hard on a kick and getting it checked on the knee to generate a grotesque outcome like that. So sad as the biggest Anderson fan, hopefully Weidman can choke out or KO juicing Vitor so that he can have a decisive win with no controversy. I really want to see Weidman vs Jacare sooner than later.

Old 12-29-2013, 12:39 AM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
I just don't think Anderson has it left in him to rehab from that and be motivated at his age. I hope Weidman finally gets to drop that whole fluke thing. Yeah it ended on a freakish injury but Weidman was dominating and showed that he could stop Anderson at any time with his power and ground control. Weidman is too aggressive and powerful to not be able to finish Anderson in 5 like Chael was.
How was Weidman dominating? He had some nice top control, but nothing spectacular. Rogan may have creamed, but when he got Anderson down it looked more like he was off balance than him being hurt. Who is to say that the other 4 rounds wouldn't have been Anderson breaking Weidman down? Weidman still could have won by knockout too, but that fight wasn't dominant in any fashion before the freak injury. Not hating on Weidman at all, but Rogan makes his offense look much better than it is because Anderson was rolling to make sure that most of his shots didn't land clean.

Old 12-29-2013, 12:44 AM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
Icon

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How was he not dominating? When one controls the entire round....that's dominating.

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 12:53 AM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

There's a difference between controlling and dominating. Weidman definitely won the round, but dominating is something where one guy can't do anything, and Anderson had plenty of successful offense off of his back. He also turned his head and rolled with the punches and elbows on the ground. Anderson is great at not getting hit clean, and a lot of Weidman's strikes on the ground looked more powerful than what they were because Anderson slipped them.

Old 12-29-2013, 02:20 AM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Rogan may have creamed, but when he got Anderson down it looked more like he was off balance than him being hurt
I wouldn't call it dominating either but Anderson's eyes closed and his body went limp after that right hand in the clinch. He recovered quickly once he hit the ground and was able to avoid any major damage but he was definitely in trouble for a few seconds.
Old 12-29-2013, 06:03 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Uriah Hall is so worthless as an MMA fighter. Dude basically knocks out Chris Leben and acts like he didn't do his job. He simply has no clue.

I also loved Rogan crediting Browne's (illegal) elbows for the KO and not the ******* knee that actually did it.

Last edited by nepg : 12-29-2013 at 06:09 AM.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 09:23 AM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought those elbows looked very close to 12-6. When it wasn't called I assumed there was something related to a grounded opponent in the rule. I've only ever seen it in a grounded position but after reading the rule it says nothing about position only trajectory of the strike so I would have to agree that they should be illegal. I've seen many fighters throw similar strikes from that position though and it has never been called.
Old 12-29-2013, 12:57 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmG6376 View Post
I thought those elbows looked very close to 12-6. When it wasn't called I assumed there was something related to a grounded opponent in the rule. I've only ever seen it in a grounded position but after reading the rule it says nothing about position only trajectory of the strike so I would have to agree that they should be illegal. I've seen many fighters throw similar strikes from that position though and it has never been called.
They also were in violation of the mohawk/headphones rule.
Old 01-25-2014, 10:24 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Location: "Im against Picketing, but I don't know how to show it"-Mitch Hedberg
josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dont know if anyone else watched tonight. But I was a little amazed by how much Rogan and Goldberg thought it was a foregone conclusion for Henderson. I really thought Thompson won in spite of the hand injury. Im not sure how many times Ive thought Henderson got away with an undeserved decision. I actually thought thompson won all but the third round. I really think Henderson is great but doesn't seem to be able to really put it together with finishes. Im most impressed by his ability to avoid submissions (minus the pettis fight) because that is a great percentage of what i do in bjj class.

As much as I found it boring, at least GSP dominated his fights en route to a decision. I feel like Henderson just sneaks by almost every time.

Last edited by josh07039 : 01-25-2014 at 10:27 PM.
josh07039 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 10:25 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

I thought Thompson won it rather easily. WTF was that decision?
Old 01-25-2014, 11:50 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
I thought Thompson won it rather easily. WTF was that decision?
I knew in my head Henderson would get the decision before the fight even started but when thompson started really taking it to him I go suckered in just like in the second edgar fight when I didnt even think it was close. I dont understand how Henderson seems to think he won every fight with seeming 100% certainty.

Last edited by josh07039 : 01-25-2014 at 11:52 PM.
Old 01-25-2014, 11:57 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, that should've been 4-1 Thompson.
Old 01-26-2014, 12:22 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Didn't one judge have it 49-46 for Henderson? When Buffer said "49..." I was like "OK, they didn't **** it up, afterall!"
Old 01-26-2014, 10:58 AM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

I think Thompson probably lost the fight by not striking enough when he had dominant positions. He was looking for submissions and wasn't really striking. While logic should dictate that control and dominant positions mean something, I feel like judge see back mount with no strikes or submissions as an impasse more than something that scores points. It just shows how these judges still don't really understand how to score grappling exchanges. The way they score grappling seems to be that unless you have dominant position for the entire round or score with gnp, it means very little. Legitimate submission attempts and dominant positions with no finish seem to be viewed as little more than failure by ton of judges.
Old 01-26-2014, 11:55 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

It was pretty even, the opposite of what I expected. Thomson won the grappling, Bendo won on the feet based off of octagon aggression and compustrike. I thought clearly Thomson won 3-2 but whatever. Very interesting but Thomson said that even if he had won and was offered the title shot again he still might retire because he doesn't see the point in winning the championship if he won't stick around to defend it, so in the end although a robbery I'm fine with the decision since A i like Bendo and B at least it keeps him relevant since he has a future in the UFC unlike Thomson who that could very well be his last fight.

This for Bendo reminds me of Phil Davis vs Machida, if anything the win hurts him more in public opinion than had a dropped a semi close fight. Bendo really developed a bad mentality of point fighting ever since he became champion. He's never had KO power and his best finisher has always been the guillotine, but now he doesn't even take chances at a finish when it's there. I think the best thing for him to really test him and see if he has what it takes to get back to the top is the trilogy fight with Cowboy, that will really test him mentally. Either that or Khabib since that's a guy who can take his spot.

Last edited by SeanTaylorRIP : 01-26-2014 at 02:10 PM.
Old 01-26-2014, 09:54 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
It was pretty even, the opposite of what I expected. Thomson won the grappling, Bendo won on the feet based off of octagon aggression and compustrike. I thought clearly Thomson won 3-2 but whatever. Very interesting but Thomson said that even if he had won and was offered the title shot again he still might retire because he doesn't see the point in winning the championship if he won't stick around to defend it, so in the end although a robbery I'm fine with the decision since A i like Bendo and B at least it keeps him relevant since he has a future in the UFC unlike Thomson who that could very well be his last fight.

This for Bendo reminds me of Phil Davis vs Machida, if anything the win hurts him more in public opinion than had a dropped a semi close fight. Bendo really developed a bad mentality of point fighting ever since he became champion. He's never had KO power and his best finisher has always been the guillotine, but now he doesn't even take chances at a finish when it's there. I think the best thing for him to really test him and see if he has what it takes to get back to the top is the trilogy fight with Cowboy, that will really test him mentally. Either that or Khabib since that's a guy who can take his spot.
I have no way of knowing anything about what Henderson's deal is in terms of his training, strategy, mentality, etc. However, I definitley think he has the tools to be a finisher. I really mean that as a compliment of his skills but I question what is going on strategically that he never finishes. It isn't like GSP where he stuck to his most dominant position and kept punching people in a position that wouldn't allow for power. Henderson is willing to trade at times and will at times try to grab submissions but never seems to try to put together enough damage to finish even if he doesn't have one punch power.

Last edited by josh07039 : 01-26-2014 at 09:58 PM.
Old 02-01-2014, 08:23 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Kevin Lee-Al Iaquinta is an awesome fight so far.