Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Who deserves a title shot more?
Quinton "Rampage" Jackson 12 30.77%
Lyoto "Dragon" Machida 27 69.23%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-04-2007, 06:44 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
Theres a MMA academy on Boston st in Canton (I believe) I plan on joining when I have the funds (I think its 100 a month)
yea I think I have seen their commercials on WEC before. I was thinking about gettin a instructional video off of sherdog but it probably isn't worth it.

Last edited by Ravens1991 : 09-04-2007 at 06:46 PM.
Ravens1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 06:52 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.martialartstutor.com/

This site has free online instructional videos in a ton of martial arts styles
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 07:25 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

thanks SuperKevin, SuperKevin in the USMC what martial arts do they teach you?
Old 09-04-2007, 07:29 PM    (permalink
Nerv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
I know when my friend came back from boot camp and was showing us some of the hand to hand combat he learned, a lot of it was Muay Thai'esque involving knees & elbows.
Old 09-04-2007, 07:41 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It's called Marine Corps Martial Arts Program(MCMAP). it's a combination of Krav Maga, Brasilian Jiu-Jitsu, and Muay Thai. At the lowest levels they teach you basic strikes and defense techniques. As you learn more you learn a lot of choke holds, submission moves, and throws
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 07:58 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Nice I was reading about it on wikipedia, it sounds perfect for self defense and things you would encounter in the marines.
Old 09-04-2007, 08:23 PM    (permalink
Nerv

Ya Krav Maga is very combat oriented. Krav Maga I believe is Hebrew for simply 'close combat' and basically has an element of every martial art in it. Though it concentrates a lot on disarms and fighting off opponents who have weapons or other advantages over you.
Old 09-04-2007, 08:28 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

yea I remember flipping through some MMA magazine I got a 7-11 and it had the Isralie special forces leader teaching everybody how to disarm guns and knives.
Old 09-06-2007, 02:55 PM    (permalink
Man_Of_Steel
Pro Bowler

Man_Of_Steel hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I cant wait to see Rampage this Saturday.
Man_Of_Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 03:06 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Me and my buddy got a bet, if Henderson wins he has to be my beer ***** and if Rampage wins i have to be his, so go Henderson

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 03:08 PM    (permalink
Man_Of_Steel
Pro Bowler

I want Rampage to win badly. Im sick of him not getting the respect he deserves.
Old 09-06-2007, 03:13 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man_Of_Steel View Post
I want Rampage to win badly. Im sick of him not getting the respect he deserves.
What respect does he deserve? He got freaking owned by Wandy and Shogun and than came to the UFC and looked bad against Eastman and got a flash KO over Chuck Liddell, hes overrated more than anything and even if he beats Hendo he will still be overrated because by beating Hendo he will be beating a natural 185-er, which any 205 fighter should be able to do that.
Old 09-06-2007, 04:23 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

so true CCBG, Silva and Shogun kneed him so hard he is lucky his nose didn't fly through the back of his head. If anything he is overrated.

If Pride was Still around Rampage would be ranked 4th in Pride.

1. Shogun(demolished him at total elemination 2005)
2.Dan Henderson(KO against Silva puts him #2)
3.Wanderlie Silva(2 dominations of Rampage, one almost kneeing his head to outerspace)
4.Rampage

Last edited by Ravens1991 : 09-06-2007 at 04:31 PM.
Ravens1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 06:21 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
so true CCBG, Silva and Shogun kneed him so hard he is lucky his nose didn't fly through the back of his head. If anything he is overrated.

If Pride was Still around Rampage would be ranked 4th in Pride.

1. Shogun(demolished him at total elemination 2005)
2.Dan Henderson(KO against Silva puts him #2)
3.Wanderlie Silva(2 dominations of Rampage, one almost kneeing his head to outerspace)
4.Rampage
I'd say 5th after Theirry Sokoudjo (sp)
Old 09-06-2007, 06:38 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

possibly but I think Rampage charisma helps him out a lot in terms of popularity because he is a funny guy, personally I didn't like how him and his trainer were gossiping in a way about Shogun and Wandi jucing.
Old 09-06-2007, 08:12 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
possibly but I think Rampage charisma helps him out a lot in terms of popularity because he is a funny guy, personally I didn't like how him and his trainer were gossiping in a way about Shogun and Wandi jucing.
Whether its true or not, I think thats just Rampage making excuses on why he got OWNED, HARD, 3 TIMES!
Old 09-06-2007, 08:27 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

I agree those are some preety entertaining beat downs you have to admit. Like how he said he knew Wandi was going to lose against Henderson because he couldn't juice and his brains were still messed up against Cro Cop. It isn't the smartest idea to start stuff w/ Wandi who nearly killed Rampage twice. Plus if you saw Wandi go into that stand up war against Hunt I doubt Rampage will hurt Wandi at all.
Old 09-07-2007, 03:15 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Something that I think leads to Fedor being signed by the UFC.

now check it out now.
http://www.ufc.com/index.cfm?pn=2&fa...er.AllFighters

Fedor isnt up there.

Perhaps they announce him tommorow.

Also does anybody know when the fight will be held, I will need to know when to stop scanning MMA boards because I might just blow something up if the fight ges spoiled.
Old 09-07-2007, 04:57 PM    (permalink
Nerv

If youre planning on watching UFC 75 tomorrow do not go to any MMA board at any time under any circumstance. That is my warning right there, because you will most likely see spoilers.

Oh and I really wouldnt be surprised if more than 50% of Pride guys were on some type of juicer.

And CCB that comment that any 205'er should be able to beat Dan Henderson is pretty dumb. Hendo can beat 99% of 205'ers in the world.

A nice photo montage of Wandy/Rampage II

Old 09-07-2007, 04:58 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Yeah there has been a lot of slip ups with the Fedor signing, they are trying to hide it but it keeps getting leaked through various sources, I read an article on it today on one of hte MMA blog sites, the same thing happened when the UFC tried keeping the Cro Cop signing a secret. It will be announced tommorow I almost guarantee it.
Old 09-07-2007, 05:00 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerv View Post
If youre planning on watching UFC 75 tomorrow do not go to any MMA board at any time under any circumstance. That is my warning right there, because you will most likely see spoilers.

Oh and I really wouldnt be surprised if more than 50% of Pride guys were on some type of juicer.

And CCB that comment that any 205'er should be able to beat Dan Henderson is pretty dumb. Hendo can beat 99% of 205'ers in the world.
1-2351S-Video.jpg[/IMG]
I didnt mean any, but its like a lose lose situuation for Page, if he wins people are going to be like so what he beat a MW. If he loses people are going to talk about how he couldnt beat a middleweight. Its almost the same scenario for when Linland went up against Fedor. He had nothing to lose. But Fedor had everythign to lose and really nothing to gain.
Old 09-07-2007, 05:04 PM    (permalink
Nerv

Lindland also fought Rampage at WEC before it was purchased by the UFC. Rampage won a controversial close decision. But it has been said that his last year or so in Pride and up until the UFC picked him up Rampage wasnt really training much, didnt have an actual trainer, etc etc. So... lets get this fight on!

Oh just to be an ass, Henderson is more of a natural 205'er than 185, he cuts a lot of weight to make 185. Hendo also beat Big Nog weighing under 200 lb's -- Hendo is a beast, I certainly wont hold anything against Rampage (or anyone) that loses to Hendo because he is a stud.
Old 09-07-2007, 05:05 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

I agree CCBG because were else would Fedor go to face somebody that could beat him.

BTW Nerv those are great pictures Wanderlie is a monster and my 2nd favorite fighter.

I would love to see Wanderlie go up against Phil Baroni, watching Phil talk trash and get demolished like when Frank Shamrock nearly killed Phil.
http://www.veoh.com/videos/v841425xxNK6ARh

I was surprised when the commantator said it was louder then Couture VS. Silva.
Old 09-07-2007, 05:05 PM    (permalink
Man_Of_Steel
Pro Bowler

What do you guys mean spoilers? Isnt the event always live?
Old 09-07-2007, 05:28 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Not this one it will go on I believe 2 PM EST and shown 9 PM EST.

About CC VS. Kongo I think CC will be pissed after that lose to GG and possibly take Kongo head off.