Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Who deserves a title shot more?
Quinton "Rampage" Jackson 12 30.77%
Lyoto "Dragon" Machida 27 69.23%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-02-2014, 07:44 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
The top guys would run over Kennedy. I just don't think he's that good. His entire game is smothering his opponent. Every other part of his game is ****. Machida and Weidman wouldn't get taken down by him, and Vitor would knock him out pretty early in the fight.

He survived against Bisping because Bisping has pillow hands. Any other MW hitting him with the shots Bisping was landing, and he goes out.
It's more so because he was much more willing to bang with Bisping at times, I definitely agree that he will be outstruck by many guys but as far as being finished he never got finished facing the likes of Mayhem Miller twice, Robbie Lawler, Nick Thompson, Luke Rockhold, Jacare, and Manhoef.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 09:23 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Location: "Im against Picketing, but I don't know how to show it"-Mitch Hedberg
josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That is all
josh07039 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 10:44 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

James Thompson, the Finkin Meathead. ROFL.

http://www.mma-core.com/videos/fight...r_121/10071770
Old 06-14-2014, 11:37 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kind of a joke that they're trying to sell us Mighty Mouse and whoever he's fighting is the main event and not McDonald-Woodley. I'll probably turn it off for the Mighty Mouse fight.
Old 06-15-2014, 04:12 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

So glad I didn't sit through the Mighty Mouse fight. Stopped paying much attention to Rory-Woodley after the first round. Woodley simply isn't ready for that level of competition.

I love how Dana will ***** about the fights on TUF being lame, but look at the product you're expecting people to pay for, dude. Feijao was out of shape again, Arlovski-Schaub was completely lame, and ******* Ryan Jimmo was on the main card for a UFC ###... And maybe you should have developed the 125 division before handing out a belt for a 4-fighter weight class? Dodson's the only 125er who can hang with Mighty Mouse.
Old 06-15-2014, 02:57 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think they could afford to do a few less shows a year. Just by taking away 3-4 total shows, you can easily distribute good fights to bolster many cards. The issue at the moment is that they are wasting one or two legit fights on many of the fight pass cards that most people aren't going to watch. Unless it is actually selling well, they might be wiser to make those cards even weaker to be totally prospects and regional guys. A fight like Moussassi and Munoz on this card or the fox card would have instantly made either a ton stronger.

I am amazed at how bad Rogan and Goldie have gotten recently. I used to defend Rogan while recognizing a lot of the Goldie hate is related to what his job actually calls for. However, even though Rogan still does a good job at explaining complex positions, he is more and more trying to sell the viewer than actually explaining the action properly. A few years ago, Rogan would definitely have referred to little action there was in a fight like Arlovski-Schaub; instead he was trying to make every excuse for how bad it was.
Old 06-16-2014, 04:30 AM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I may do what WARD did and take some MMA classes. They sound like fun and a good workout.
Old 06-19-2014, 11:45 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Very strange but Urijah Faber vs Bruce Leeroy will be on the prelims at UFC 175. Faber is a top 10 draw in the UFC and Faber is recognizable. So strange considering that Marcus Brimage vs Russell Doane and Uriah Hall vs Thiago Santos are on the main card. If it's just about trying to get prelims viewers Uriah Hall vs Santos would make sense since lots of people would tune in just to see Hall.

Old 06-19-2014, 11:55 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayceheathman View Post
I may do what WARD did and take some MMA classes. They sound like fun and a good workout.
My friend takes Krav Maga classes that pretty much encompass every discipline of MMA. He loves it.
Old 06-24-2014, 04:57 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Not sure how many of you are interested in pure grappling, but many of the Metamoris 4 match ups were announced and some of them are pretty interesting. I wouldn't bother posting it here usually because its not strictly MMA related but having Sonnen and Barnett on the card changes that a bit. I bought the last Metamoris and loved it. Very much looking forward to this one.

Chael Sonnen vs. Andre Galvao
Saulo Ribeiro vs. Comprido Medeiros
Dean Lister vs. Josh Barnett
Keenan Cornelius vs. Vinny Magalhaes
Kit Dale vs. Garry Tonon.
Old 07-05-2014, 03:33 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Tonight is the first UFC card in forever that's worth a ****.

Lyoto looks completely ripped. He's never been this lean. Not sure if that will be good or bad for him. He's pretty much my favorite, so obviously I'm rooting for him.

I don't give a **** about women's fights, but it should be a good one. Struve-Mitrione is guaranteed to deliver entertainment. This is Uriah Hall's last chance. Has to be. I don't care about Brimage-Doane.

Faber-Caceres is going to be awesome in the prelims. Can't wait for tonight.
Old 07-05-2014, 04:36 PM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Pro Bowler

cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hyoto. Is. Da CHAMPION!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
We've already seen that your love is only capable of destroying.
cgf (Rosebud) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 11:01 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Uriah Hall stopped being a *****. So awesome.
Old 07-05-2014, 11:06 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

I love that Uriah's corner basically bullied the doctor into not stopping the fight. He kept insisting that the toe was a serious issue but they just shouted at him and then ignored him so he did nothing.
Old 07-05-2014, 11:49 PM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Pro Bowler

cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lyoto is coming The Chris. Lyoto is coming.

Quote:
Old 07-05-2014, 11:52 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

I wouldnt be shocked if lyoto wins but I think Weidman has it. I cant pick for **** though so Lyoto may be a lock.
Old 07-05-2014, 11:53 PM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Pro Bowler

I can see either winning, but Lyoto can do this and is going to because he's the awesomest.

Quote:
Old 07-06-2014, 12:34 AM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

That was a really great fight. Weidman and Machida both looked pretty great. It got really interesting when Weidman slowed down a bit and Machida feared the takedowns less. When he started opening up with the kicks he really had success. I guess its a catch 22 though. IF he threw more kicks early he might have been taken down much more.
Old 07-06-2014, 12:37 AM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Pro Bowler

He definitely tired the chris out in those first 3 rounds, if he could've snuck some more body kicks in and maybe even stole one of those first three rounds he could've been champ. Really hope we get to see these two go at it again down the road. Let the chris take care of jacare and vitor's trt-less corpse while lyoto has a blockbuster with rockhold, assuming he wins his next fight, and a title eliminator assuming he beats luke.

So far in lyoto's MW career he has fought three times and I can't wait for re-matches of two of them. Hope they keep this matchmaking up with him cause there's some more great fights at MW for Machida to star in.

Quote:
Old 07-06-2014, 12:44 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

I just don't like Weidman. I don't know why. He's really good. Lyoto poured it on in the last two rounds. That was crazy to watch. I think Lyoto could have caught him with a front kick to the head, but never attempted it. No idea why. Weidman's defense was completely open to it most of the fight, and especially when he was in lala land.

Not sure who I want either to fight next. Vitor's getting his title shot if he can ever make weight again, and he'd be a tough fight for Weidman. I love Mousasi, but I don't like his TDD against Weidman. Lyoto will crush pretty much anyone at 185 outside of Weidman.

Hoping Rashad Evans drops down. He's long overdue to make the move. I don't even like him, but there would be some great fights waiting for him.
Old 07-06-2014, 01:08 AM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Pro Bowler

I think Jacare can beat the Chris, vitor will get his ass kicked and even though I love saucey's slick ground game, striking and iron chin I to have a hard time seeing him beat the chris. Although if he can tire the chris out like lyoto did, he has the chin and power to put him to sleep in those later rounds.

Quote:
Old 07-06-2014, 09:15 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Jacare vs Weidman would be contested on the feet neither will take the other down. Standing Weidman would convincingly win on the score cards if it went to decision, but standing 5 rounds with Jacare especially the first 3 rounds is dangerous with his power. I'd still pick Weidman but it wouldn't shock me if Jacare pulled it off. While an improved striker I don't see him being on Weidman's level. Weidman is so good and improving every time, soon enough people will view him on the same level as Cain in terms of his position in the division. After Jacare and an Anderson comeback of course, very few can contend with him. He will run through Vitor and dump him on his ass and submit him within a few rounds. Rockhold is the only other guy who would be interesting, he could take Weidman on the feet and Rockhold is a very strong grappler.

Old 07-06-2014, 12:49 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

I would love to see a ground fight between Jacare and Weidman. Even Weidman and Rockhold on the ground really intrigues me. However, I agree that those fights would likely be largely striking battles.

I don't know if this is it for you nepg but the feeling I get is that Weidman gives off a bit of a high school bully vibe. He seems like the guy in school who was great at every sport without trying and also cocky and dickish about his own awesomeness. I get that feeling from him but he seems like a nice enough guy overall if still a bit of a tool. I also think the thick Long Island accent hurts him a bit from a perception standpoint. There is something unappealing about it with many people. Longo and Serra pull it off because they are both hilarious but Weidman doesn't have their personality.

This idea came from Ben Fowlkes and I think its a really good one. To sell Weidman, the UFC should treat him the way WWE treats guys that aren't great talkers. They just have him talk the absolute minimum amount and then let the manager do all the selling and promoting. If Serra and Longo were the ones giving quotes for the pre fight videos, it would be amazing.

Last edited by josh07039 : 07-06-2014 at 12:53 PM.
Old 07-06-2014, 12:57 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
Icon

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think mma fans would be too keen on having a wwe type set up. They'd make the connection right away and may reject it imo

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 01:07 PM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Pro Bowler

Brock's entire existence would seem to disagree with MMA fans having a problem with the UFC being all WWE about things.

Quote: