Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Who deserves a title shot more?
Quinton "Rampage" Jackson 12 30.77%
Lyoto "Dragon" Machida 27 69.23%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-15-2007, 04:38 PM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
Just wanted to announce that UFC 79 will be the 1st UFC card I buy, I am so pumped. I am getting on demand so I can still get PPV right?

anyway I was happy Little evil beat Swanson but I wish the fight lasted longer.

Also who is pumped for UFC 79?
Im very excited to watch my boy GSP tear Hughes apart.

Phillies 2007 NL East Champions & Back to Back MVP Award Winners.
Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia Flyers 19-14-4 = 42 points
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2
RyanLeaf#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 04:58 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yea GSP is a beast I think he has potential to be p4p #1. I also hope Wand wins, I wanna see the future of 205 (Sokodjuo). This has potential to be the best UFC card ever.
Old 12-16-2007, 10:51 AM    (permalink
Man_Of_Steel
Pro Bowler

Man_Of_Steel hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
Just wanted to announce that UFC 79 will be the 1st UFC card I buy, I am so pumped. I am getting on demand so I can still get PPV right?

anyway I was happy Little evil beat Swanson but I wish the fight lasted longer.

Also who is pumped for UFC 79?
Im lucky, I get all those PPV events free, havent missed one in like 3 years.
Man_Of_Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 11:10 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

whats your secret?
Old 12-17-2007, 12:58 PM    (permalink
JF4
Pro Bowler

JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know if you guys saw this but it's pretty weird.

http://canadianpress.google.com/arti...5d0A3NI9xzHzFg

Quote:
SAO PAULO, Brazil - Brazilian mixed-martial arts fighter Ryan Gracie was found dead Saturday in a Sao Paulo prison cell, a day after being arrested on suspicion of theft, police said.
Quote:
Globo TV said Farias tested Gracie's urine shortly after his arrest and found traces of cocaine, crack and marijuana. Bittencourt would not comment on the unconfirmed reports, and Farias could not be contacted at his drug rehabilitation clinic.

stephenson86
JF4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 01:25 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I heard that on Sherdog, I never saw Ryan fight but I heard he fought and lived hard, which seems to be the case.

I get all of the PPV's free as well, albeit a day late, but that's because I am in the UK.

Just had my Octagon necklace arrive today which I am pleased about :D

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 02:40 PM    (permalink
cordscords
Rookie

cordscords hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Couture said nothing is finalized, but all signs point to a fight with Fedor in October. Likely an M-1 fight.

So Couture continues to age, and it's not in a cage :(

Still I'm excited to see these guys go at it.
cordscords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 03:20 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cordscords View Post
Couture said nothing is finalized, but all signs point to a fight with Fedor in October. Likely an M-1 fight.

So Couture continues to age, and it's not in a cage :(

Still I'm excited to see these guys go at it.
Oh man, that would be awesome. I don't see how it's possible though, with Couture's contract situation.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 06:15 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Couture contract ends in October, so the fight can be after that.
Old 12-21-2007, 10:57 PM    (permalink
cordscords
Rookie

cordscords hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Couture has now said the fight doesnt appear likely, due to some kind of contract confliction with the UFC :(

Pretty Boy Floyd also looks like he's gonna turn MMA!

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/box...ory?id=3165552
cordscords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 11:00 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've been watching a lot of WEC lately and have to say Uriah Faber is a beast
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 11:08 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cordscords View Post
Couture has now said the fight doesnt appear likely, due to some kind of contract confliction with the UFC :(

Pretty Boy Floyd also looks like he's gonna turn MMA!

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/box...ory?id=3165552
not a good move on his part IMO, 30 is just to old to start learning everything involved in MMA, he would more than likely just be a sideshow act put up against lowlifes who have no ground game

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007, 09:24 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

I think he can develop into something decent, he can hit hard and is great athlete.
Old 12-22-2007, 09:26 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
I've been watching a lot of WEC lately and have to say Uriah Faber is a beast
Yes he is a monster
Old 12-22-2007, 09:44 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

word is GSP is looking amazing in training.

http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/...5326&zoneid=13

I would be nervous if I was Matt Hughes.
Old 12-22-2007, 12:03 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
There was also some speculation around the gym, although St-Pierre did not confirm this, that he had actually been anticipating the possibility of Serra pulling out of the fight and thus had been going through his regular intensive training rituals for 12 weeks leading up to the fight. This is interesting because his Dec. 29 opponent, Matt Hughes has repeatedly stated that one of the factors he chose to take the fight was that because he felt St-Pierre may not have had sufficient time to prepare. If what St-Pierre’s teammates are saying is true, Hughes may be in for a bit of a surprise.
I hadn't heard this before, but it sounds like it could be the case. Hughes fears GSP and wants him at an unfair advantage, whereas GSP is a smart guy. I hope GSP tears him apart.

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007, 12:21 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As long as Mayweather devotes the next two years or so to really learning some jiu-jitsu or wrestling, he could be a dangerous MMA fighter. Nobody in his weight class will be better than he is on their feet.
Old 12-22-2007, 01:39 PM    (permalink
SubNoize
Veteran

SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKfan View Post
I hadn't heard this before, but it sounds like it could be the case. Hughes fears GSP and wants him at an unfair advantage, whereas GSP is a smart guy. I hope GSP tears him apart.
GSP is a punk, he's going down and I can't wait to hear him whine like he did after he lost to Serra.
SubNoize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007, 01:41 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubNoize View Post
GSP is a punk, he's going down and I can't wait to hear him whine like he did after he lost to Serra.
lol never gonna happen

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007, 01:44 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i dont think it'll work. boxing and MMA are 2 COMPLETELY different sports. Also the way he fights wouldd not work at all in MMA.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007, 01:47 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
i dont think it'll work. boxing and MMA are 2 COMPLETELY different sports. Also the way he fights wouldd not work at all in MMA.
He could still spend the next 2 years training heavily and fighting cake fights and be 32 and in the prime of his career
Old 12-22-2007, 01:52 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
He could still spend the next 2 years training heavily and fighting cake fights and be 32 and in the prime of his career
there's so much he has to learn though to be that effective. Best route would be to try to learn what Chuck does and have GREAT take down defense and go for the knockouts because he's no BJ penn; he won't be able to learn a style of MMA that well in 2 years.

who knows, it could work if he's that dedicated though but he's not even that dedicated to boxing so i question if he'd be dedicated to MMA.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007, 02:00 PM    (permalink
SubNoize
Veteran

SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
lol never gonna happen
you say that like Hughes has never beat St. Pierre. I would def. like to see them go further than 2 rounds though. I just can't stand the arrogance of GSP and then when he loses he makes up excuses like trouble in his personal life, just admit that you got beat down for christ's sake.
SubNoize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007, 02:07 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

I think GSP is just to slick and athletic for Hughes, GSP out wrestled Kosheck who has been called the best wrestler in MMA. He is the complete package.
Old 12-22-2007, 02:08 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
there's so much he has to learn though to be that effective. Best route would be to try to learn what Chuck does and have GREAT take down defense and go for the knockouts because he's no BJ penn; he won't be able to learn a style of MMA that well in 2 years.

who knows, it could work if he's that dedicated though but he's not even that dedicated to boxing so i question if he'd be dedicated to MMA.
If he starts training JJ and a bit of wrestling he can be fine, obviously to be world title contender he will need a lot of BJJ and wrestling training.

BTW UFC 74 and 75 are now in stores, I am going to get UFC 75 for Christmas.