Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Who deserves a title shot more?
Quinton "Rampage" Jackson 12 30.77%
Lyoto "Dragon" Machida 27 69.23%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-22-2007, 02:14 PM    (permalink
SubNoize
Veteran

SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
I think GSP is just to slick and athletic for Hughes, GSP out wrestled Kosheck who has been called the best wrestler in MMA. He is the complete package.
what happend against Serra? Oh yeah, proof that know matter how good you're perceived you still can get taken down at any moment in the octagon.
SubNoize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007, 02:39 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yep I do agree that anything is possible and Hughes has a shot, but I would put my $ on GSP.
Old 12-22-2007, 05:58 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really don't understand how someone can prefer Hughes to GSP by saying GSP is arrogant. Hughes is like the most arrogant person in the whole of MMA.

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 08:58 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKfan View Post
I really don't understand how someone can prefer Hughes to GSP by saying GSP is arrogant. Hughes is like the most arrogant person in the whole of MMA.
yeah he is a total ass and GSP is by all accounts a nice guy. By the way, I figured I would let u guys know that I probably wont be around all that much anymore. I didnt want to start a thread because its not really thread worthy imo, but a lot of the cooler people hang out around this topic. It's nothing in particular really, I guess the fantasy section kind of dying was the main thing, I just outgrew the place I guess. Anyways, good luck to everyone in whatever u wind up doing and I will be sure to drop by once in a while, but it has been fun posting on here for the past couple of years and thanks to all my buddies from the old school fantasy section back when it was actually cool and drafts got finished in a timely manner haha. best of wishes, peace.

For the shout outs (as is customary):

UK- one of my boys here
Nvot- ditto
Ravens- ditto
Ghetto- ditto, the man freaking recommended me for mod haha
CCB- ditto
D Unit- say what u want, but the man was reliable for drafts
Stufazz- the man helped me learn soccer which is now maybe my #3 sport

and any other mma fans, boxing fans, or old school fantasy people that i forgot.

lata

Last edited by Rob S : 12-23-2007 at 09:07 PM.
Rob S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 09:00 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ps: for UK: I am going to be over in Europe next semester of college so i may hit u up on msn for some questions that most idiot americans would probably have about life over there haha.
Old 12-23-2007, 09:03 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

no u will be missed in the MMA section you were a knowledgable poster, I will talk to you about MMA on AIM some time Rob, please stop by a lot. I will remember the old school fantasy section were the finals in every draft were you VS. CCBG,but I beat both of you in the most recent MMA draft suckas!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-23-2007, 09:09 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubNoize View Post
what happend against Serra? Oh yeah, proof that know matter how good you're perceived you still can get taken down at any moment in the octagon.

yeah bc 4 oz gloves are the ultimate equalizer.......everyone knows fluke losses are very possible in mma for the sheer fact that a clean shot has a damn good chance of KOing or seriously stunning u. thats why i stick to good old 8oz ers haha. MMA is for people who are out of their f*cking minds seriously, I like watching tho :)
Old 12-23-2007, 09:22 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

yea I prefer MMA because I like olympic and college wrestling and it is kinda like the closest thing to pro. I just dont have the killer instinct for fighting, I am a flight guy when it comes to fight or flight response. fought MMA my friend today w/ 12 and 14 OZ gloves and all I did was go for wrestling takedowns, I finally caught him in a rear naked choke, it was nice.
Old 12-24-2007, 07:06 AM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
ps: for UK: I am going to be over in Europe next semester of college so i may hit u up on msn for some questions that most idiot americans would probably have about life over there haha.
Cool man, I don't get on too much now with work and everything, but you can always shoot me an e-mail. Good luck with whatevrr you're up to.

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2007, 03:26 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

did anybody get anything MMA related from Santa?

I got Pride Legacy volume 3(12-16) pride critical countdown 2005, pride final conflict 2005, UFC 47&48 2 pack, UFC 66, UFC 75 and I will be getting UFC 79 saturday and my parents are letting me throw a party.
Old 12-25-2007, 09:37 PM    (permalink
JF4
Pro Bowler

JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
did anybody get anything MMA related from Santa?

I got Pride Legacy volume 3(12-16) pride critical countdown 2005, pride final conflict 2005, UFC 47&48 2 pack, UFC 66, UFC 75 and I will be getting UFC 79 saturday and my parents are letting me throw a party.
I was really hoping for one of those but I ended up getting just the UFC Knockouts, which i've only seen about 10 times on spike. I guess it's my fault though because I never really specified what type of DVD I wanted and any non UFC fan would pick the Knockouts over anything else.

stephenson86
JF4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2007, 09:52 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

yea I watched Critical countdown and Shogun VS. Lil Nog was one of the best if not the best fights I have seen.
Old 12-26-2007, 06:04 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

UFC 79 in two days, lets hope that it is actually exciting unlike the last card that I thought would be awesome UFC 76

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 06:18 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
UFC 79 in two days, lets hope that it is actually exciting unlike the last card that I thought would be awesome UFC 76
This is one of the most important fights of Liddell's career so it should be real good. I dont want it to be the end of the Iceman. :(
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 06:23 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

I like the Iceman, but I like Wand more, I hope Wand finishes him quick. It can really go either way, Liddell can catch him w/ a counter right or Wand can push the pace and hopefully KO him, word is Liddell is gonna take him down since he has been training w/ Cal Poly wrestling coach. And I am not sure if we will see any vicious Thai clinch knee flurries because Wand said he is training boxing and JJ,possibly we see him throw punches from the clinch instead of knees. I want to see another 15 knee combo like Rampage 1.

Also I got UFC 75 for Christmas and I re-watched Hendo VS. Rampage, I think Hendo won rounds 1 and 5, Rampage clearly won 4, but 2 and 3 were dead even and they would go to the Champ like that, I think Hendo could win a re-match but w/ Dan being 37 I doubt it happens.
Old 12-26-2007, 07:39 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

http://www.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=news.detail&gid=9215

Rampage trainer picks Wand to win, also Big John McCarthy and The Natural have picked Wand to win
Old 12-26-2007, 07:46 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Rampage trainer picks Wand to win, also Big John McCarthy and The Natural have picked Wand to win
I dont think there really is a fave in this fight but im pulling for the Iceman. Hes arguably done as much for the sport as anybody.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 07:57 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

If Couture says it, it must be so

has he ever been wrong?

Old 12-26-2007, 08:01 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

I know he got GG VS. CC, Rampage over Hendo, and I believe Rampage VS. Liddell, but then again he wouldn't throw a person that trains at his gym under the bus. Either way I still got Wand by hopefully a vicous knee combo but I think it will go the distance. I think in the 3rd round Liddell starts going for takedowns.
Old 12-26-2007, 08:37 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

Quote:
I know he got GG VS. CC, Rampage over Hendo, and I believe Rampage VS. Liddell, but then again he wouldn't throw a person that trains at his gym under the bus. Either way I still got Wand by hopefully a vicous knee combo but I think it will go the distance. I think in the 3rd round Liddell starts going for takedowns.
He also had Griffin over Shogun & Jardine over Liddell, I can't remember if he had Kongo over CC but I think he did

Old 12-26-2007, 08:45 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

what a beast.

My predictions for the 2 main fights

GSP VS. Hughes- GSP wins via G'n'P in round 3

Wand VS. Chuck- decapitation via knees round 2
Old 12-26-2007, 08:49 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

always got to love the decapitation prediction

I got

GSP vs Serra
GSP via TKO round 2

Liddell vs Wandy
Wandy via TKO round 2

Soko vs Machida
Soko via TKO round 3

but the last time I predicted 3 KO's I got 3 decisions, so I'm no Couture

Old 12-26-2007, 08:50 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

I will lean to Soko because he is training w/ team quest but I havent seen enough of his opponent to make a decision.
Old 12-26-2007, 08:51 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

Quote:
I will lean to Soko because he is training w/ team quest but I havent seen enough of his opponent to make a decision.
Machida will only win via decision imo, he could take him down and hold him there, but then again I have no clue how good Soko's ground game is as he hasn't had to use it yet, for all i know he could pull a gogoplata

Old 12-26-2007, 08:55 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

yea all we know about Soko is he hits hard, is a Judo beast, and killed a lion with a 1 punch upper cut back in Africa:)

since he trains w/ Quest I think his takedown defense and being able to get off bottom will be good, plus he will be good in the over/under clinch due to his judo and training w/ a couple of the worlds best greco wrestlers.