Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Who deserves a title shot more?
Quinton "Rampage" Jackson 12 30.77%
Lyoto "Dragon" Machida 27 69.23%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-26-2007, 08:57 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

btw Soko is my friend on MySpace
Old 12-26-2007, 08:58 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

haha i am friends w/ Hendo, I applied for Rampage but he denied, myspace is for freshman, facebook is so much better.
Old 12-26-2007, 09:00 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i don't know how to use facebook and i haven't been on myspace in like 6 months, i just thought it was funny that he had an account
Old 12-26-2007, 09:03 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yea a lot of MMA fighters have accounts, it is good publicity
Old 12-28-2007, 12:24 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

does anyone else think it is dumb that they are hyping Chuck VS. Wand as the most anticipated fight in history, when only 3.5 months ago Hendo VS. Rampage was it?
Old 12-28-2007, 12:31 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chuck is gonna get murdered. i just have that feeling he is on the backend of the curve now. hasnt really been the same since the rampage ass whoopin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 12:33 PM    (permalink
cordscords
Rookie

cordscords hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Predictions for the 2 big fights 2morrow:

Liddell over Silva
GSP over Hughes
cordscords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 12:35 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

yea I think Wand and GSP win, from the stuff I have read it seems like Wand is a monster in training, training better then he ever has.
Old 12-28-2007, 02:52 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jballa838 View Post
Chuck is gonna get murdered. i just have that feeling he is on the backend of the curve now. hasnt really been the same since the rampage ass whoopin.
same can be said about wandy.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 02:55 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

I see it more in Chuck then Wand, Wand got KO while having the flu and got kicked by a leg that only Mark Hunt can survive. While Chuck lost to Keith Jardine.
Old 12-28-2007, 03:01 PM    (permalink
JF4
Pro Bowler

JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jballa838 View Post
I think people are really underestimating Chuck. He's probably the best LHW Champ the UFC has ever had. He made a stupid mistake by overlooking Jardine IMO but this guy still has the stand-up to KO anyone in LHW (except jeremy horn!) Wand ofcourse is an animal but Chuck is gonna come out and probably be in the best shape of his life also. All the talk is about Wand's training and about how Wand is working so hard. I guarantee Chuck is working just as hard, if not harder. IMO Chuck needs this fight more than Wand and I just have a feeling he's gonna catch Wand and KO him.

stephenson86
JF4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 03:24 PM    (permalink
Man_Of_Steel
Pro Bowler

Man_Of_Steel hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

GSP, I want him to win badly.
Man_Of_Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 03:25 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

I got GSP,Soko, and Wand winning.
Old 12-28-2007, 03:40 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree with what JF4 says, Chuck needs this fight way more than Wandy does. though both are coming off 2 losses Wandy's two losses are a bit more explainable, one he was fighting a top 3 HW in the world at the time and the other came to Henderson who many feel is a top 5 LHW, dare I even say top 3.

Chuck's losses have been far more devistating. By being destroyed by Rampage a second time it kind of **** blocks Chuck from getting the title as long as Page is holding it. Its sort of like a Rich Franklin, Anderson Silva scenario. Rich is a great fighter but its pretty much been proven he cannot beat Anderson. Thats what its starting to look like between Liddell and Jackson, Liddell is a great fighter but its as if Jackson just has his card. On to his second loss in a row, yes Keith Jardine is now looked at as a top 10 LHW in the world, but before that fight he was coming off being dominated by Houston Alexander, I have a feel ethe UFC were thinking, hmmm Jardine is suseptable to being KO-ed lets but him in against Liddell and get Chuck back on the winning path, WRONG! Jardine came in with a great gameplan (thanks Greg Jackson!) and beat Chuck. So now as it stands, Chuck is a 37 year old fighter, who is clearly losing some of his world famous ability and is on a 2 fight losing streak. Wandy is what? 31? Hes still got the youth and ability to bounce back from a 3 fight losing streak, I am not sure Chuck does.

With all this being said no one should count out either fighter, they both have the ability to end the fight with one punch. For this fight I am taking Wandy but if Chuck K-Wandy-TFO will I be surprised? **** NO! Hes Chuck Mother ******* Liddell thats what he does, Knocks people out.

EDIT: As for the other fights give me:

GSP over Hughes ( I think it will be dominant)
Machida over Soko (I do not want to see either lose :( and I see scenarios for both guys winning, If it goes the distance Machida, if its stopped early Soko)
Guillard over Clementi ( I actually honestly seeing Clementi winning via sub but I hate him too much to pick him)
Polai over Eddie Sanchez (Sanchez is becomming hte HW Elvis Sinosic)
Crane over Irvin (WATCH OUT! Luis Cane is a BAD MAN, reguardless who wins this will be a KO)

**THIS HAS BEEN CCBG DROPPING KNOWLEDGE. WE NOW RETURN TO YOUR MMA DISCUSSION**

Last edited by ccB : 12-28-2007 at 03:46 PM.
ccB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 09:26 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

I think GSP comes out angry, after his lose to Serra Hughes and Sherk were on the floor pating each other on the back and giggling, even though GSP beat both of them.
http://media.ufc.tv/i.cfc?method=get...753263AAB5.jpg

Apparently Wand jumped at Chuck and Chuck flinched then gave Wand the bird. This will be a good fight, Wand looks like a tank look at those arms. Wand also said in the press conference that he has been training 4 six months for this fight. It will be a goody.

I am hearing Chuck flinched and he didnt flinch, either way I wanna see somebody get knocked out.

Last edited by Ravens1991 : 12-28-2007 at 09:28 PM.
Ravens1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 09:02 AM    (permalink
cordscords
Rookie

cordscords hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Chuck weighed in 2nd. After he weighed in at 204, he took close to a minute getting fully dressed before going over to pose. When he walked over Silva then took off his shirt to show he was looking jacked. Chuck had a look on his face like "ok. you're in shape. cool. so am i." Chuck was giving him the crazy eyes, Silva was doing some head bobbing when he tried to make Chuck flinch. Chuck didnt flinch. Dana stepped in while both fighters started to back away. Chuck then flipped the bird. Silva started yelling and walkng towards him, but nothing happened after that.

Cant wait :)
cordscords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 10:03 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

yes it will be a good fight. I cant wait either.

WAR WAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-29-2007, 10:05 AM    (permalink
Man_Of_Steel
Pro Bowler

Man this is gonna be awesome.
Old 12-29-2007, 10:07 AM    (permalink
Man_Of_Steel
Pro Bowler

Question, The Rampage vs Griffen Ultimate Fighter show starts airing in April and filming in January. That would mean the fight wouldnt be until nearly June. There is no way Rampage dosent fight until then, any thoughts?
Old 12-29-2007, 10:08 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

unfourtanetly it starts at 10:00 EST.
Old 12-29-2007, 10:08 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man_Of_Steel View Post
Question, The Rampage vs Griffen Ultimate Fighter show starts airing in April and filming in January. That would mean the fight wouldnt be until nearly June. There is no way Rampage dosent fight until then, any thoughts?
isnt he hurt that will make him take sometime.
Old 12-29-2007, 11:53 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

hopefully that will be the future.
Old 12-29-2007, 03:01 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man_Of_Steel View Post
How is there no way he will fight until June? Its the same situation as the Hughes Serra fight and look how long they made them wait to fight. Rampage's next fight will be in June against Forrest, there will be nothing before that.
Old 12-29-2007, 05:02 PM    (permalink
Man_Of_Steel
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
How is there no way he will fight until June? Its the same situation as the Hughes Serra fight and look how long they made them wait to fight. Rampage's next fight will be in June against Forrest, there will be nothing before that.
So you agree with me lol?
Old 12-29-2007, 05:03 PM    (permalink
Man_Of_Steel
Pro Bowler

Damn my dish is out I may not get to see it.