Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Who deserves a title shot more?
Quinton "Rampage" Jackson 12 30.77%
Lyoto "Dragon" Machida 27 69.23%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-29-2007, 06:17 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man_Of_Steel View Post
So you agree with me lol?
I think I may have misunderstood what you said.
Old 12-29-2007, 06:18 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man_Of_Steel View Post
Damn my dish is out I may not get to see it.
go to hooter's

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 06:18 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
yea I think Wand and GSP win, from the stuff I have read it seems like Wand is a monster in training, training better then he ever has.
His training is some of the best stuff I've seen.

I agree with him and GSP as winners, gonna be good stuff.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 08:15 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
His training is some of the best stuff I've seen.

I agree with him and GSP as winners, gonna be good stuff.

figured i would check in before the fights. Wands training was beast, but was it just me or did he seem slow as **** hitting the pads? I think his arms were too big. That said, I am still pulling for him and GSP hard, if either loses I will be severely disappointed.
Old 12-29-2007, 11:26 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Liddell vs Silva is next! :D
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 11:59 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chuck Liddell back on the winning side of a fight!
Old 12-29-2007, 11:59 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Iceman Is Back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 12:08 AM    (permalink
cordscords
Rookie

cordscords hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

That fight was everything I hoped it would be.
cordscords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 12:10 AM    (permalink
Rich Jr
Veteran

Rich Jr smells like sex panther.Rich Jr smells like sex panther.

I'm so glad Ice Man won but he needs to get off cocaine.
Rich Jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 04:56 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

GSP is a god, Hughes isn't even in the same league as him anymore, he dominated him in every facet of the fight

Old 12-30-2007, 12:18 PM    (permalink
bernbabybern820
Pro Bowler

bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lol how can GSP possibly lose anymore? 20 year winning streak anymore? lol.

Soku was very very disappointing but Machida was very impressive.
They said I couldn't be a high school QB. They said I couldn't get a D1 scholarship. BeerBaron said I couldn't beat the Bears. - Tebow

Proving the doubters wrong.
bernbabybern820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 12:49 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Soko is still raw
Machida looked good
Silva needed to go after Liddell in round 3, the 2 refs were retards for giving Liddell round 2.
GSP is a monster nobody is in the same league as him.
Old 12-30-2007, 01:06 PM    (permalink
cordscords
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
Soko is still raw
Machida looked good
Silva needed to go after Liddell in round 3, the 2 refs were retards for giving Liddell round 2.
GSP is a monster nobody is in the same league as him.
I gave Liddell round 2. He went down twice but they were very weak hits and he just lost his footing. He popped right back up both times and started to jab. After that he pressured Silva into the cage and cut him big time. He was also able to take him down. Silva certainly won the first half of the round, but I thought what Chuck did was more impressive.
Old 12-30-2007, 02:17 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

Silva definitely won round 2 imo, landed a lot more shots and rocked Chuck a couple times, Liddell only got that one elbow in that cut Wandy

but either way Liddell actually looked like normal Liddell maybe he going to take **** serious again

Old 12-30-2007, 03:46 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quick hits...

Silva won round 2 there should be no discussion. This is the best possible outcome for the fight, Liddell ressurected his career (and his fan base) and Wandy isnt in no worst shape (career wise) than he was previously to this fight. You will see this fight again.

I think Chute Boxe defintely played with roids, Wandy looked far less explosive, did not have the stamina he had in pride, and looked a little deflated. Still, his performance is a lot better than most of the Pride guys who have stepped into the octagon. One thing is for sure Wandy can take a shot.

Lyoto Machida is the number 2 LHW in the world eat my nuts if you think other wise. I knew that if Soko didnt get a flash knockout the fight would go the way it went. Machida will be the champion in 08 assuming he gets a shot after Forrest.

GSP is the number 1 p4p fight in the world. He is amazing at every facet of MMA, hes just a freak.

Last edited by ccB : 12-30-2007 at 04:31 PM.
ccB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 05:06 PM    (permalink
JF4
Pro Bowler

JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I knew Lidell would win. Everyone was on Wands nuts but Lidell is a badass and he looked very impressive. It's going to be really interesting to see how the UFC matches up the amazing talents of the LHW division in the new year.

Sokoudjou is my hero too. That mask he wore into the octogan!!! CLASSIC!

stephenson86
JF4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 05:24 PM    (permalink
cordscords
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JF4 View Post
I knew Lidell would win. Everyone was on Wands nuts but Lidell is a badass and he looked very impressive. It's going to be really interesting to see how the UFC matches up the amazing talents of the LHW division in the new year.

Sokoudjou is my hero too. That mask he wore into the octogan!!! CLASSIC!
I was surprised Wand was the favorite in Vegas. The matchup clearly favored Chuck.
Old 12-30-2007, 05:53 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by cordscords View Post
I was surprised Wand was the favorite in Vegas. The matchup clearly favored Chuck.
If i were a bookie i would have Wand favored too, it wouldn't be by much but he still would be, I hope we get to see those two fight a couple more times everyone of them will be an instant classic

Soko vs Wand would be a good fight as well

and if Machida gets a shot at Rampage after Griffin I will take that bet instantly

Old 12-30-2007, 06:11 PM    (permalink
cordscords
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
If i were a bookie i would have Wand favored too, it wouldn't be by much but he still would be
I made these comments on another forum before the fight:

Both fighters are coming off 2 losses so it's not like Silva is a stud right now. Chuck has experience in the octagaon, Silva doesnt. Most importantly the matchup favors Chuck. Silva cant exhance punches with him. Chuck is the superior striker and counter puncher. Silva needs to bring him down, and Chucks takedown defense is great. Chuck is also a great wrestler, so if he takes Wand down he can start pounding away.

Silva has to scale back his aggressive approach. Chuck has caught opponents chasing him with with flying knees, elbows, etc. He just plants his back foot and drives. Wand is tailor made for Chuck. His only chance is to take him, and getting there in the first place is a challenge.
----------

Everything I said held up. Their 2 styles clearly apeared in favor of Chuck. People just get bug eyed when they see Silva's highlight reel. It's a different style against weaker competition.
Old 12-30-2007, 06:40 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Chuck won, yes but I think you guys are underestimating Wandy. This isnt a case of Rich Franklin vs Anderson Silva where Anderson would win 10 outta 10 fights. That fight last night was a lot closer than anyone is making it. Wandy caught and staggered Liddell a few times the same way Liddell caught wandy. It was a 29-28 fight. Its not like Wandy came out there and got KTFO, he took it to the decision, showed that he has an amazing chin and actually did great for his UFC Debut (I am not counting the old days of UFC when he faught because its a completely different company now) I feel like this is a match up where either fighter could win any given fight. All one of them needs is one shot the land flush. Also the "against weaker competition" argument is ********. If anything Wandy's list of opponents is far more impressive than Liddells. I am a fan of Liddell and I am glad he won because it would have probably meant retirement for him otherwise.
Old 12-30-2007, 07:04 PM    (permalink
cordscords
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
Chuck won, yes but I think you guys are underestimating Wandy. This isnt a case of Rich Franklin vs Anderson Silva where Anderson would win 10 outta 10 fights. That fight last night was a lot closer than anyone is making it. Wandy caught and staggered Liddell a few times the same way Liddell caught wandy. It was a 29-28 fight. Its not like Wandy came out there and got KTFO, he took it to the decision, showed that he has an amazing chin and actually did great for his UFC Debut (I am not counting the old days of UFC when he faught because its a completely different company now) I feel like this is a match up where either fighter could win any given fight. All one of them needs is one shot the land flush. Also the "against weaker competition" argument is ********. If anything Wandy's list of opponents is far more impressive than Liddells. I am a fan of Liddell and I am glad he won because it would have probably meant retirement for him otherwise.
Believe me I have a ton of respect for Wand. He was the face of PRIDE and has taken out his fair share of names. I just don't think he should have been the favorite. It should have been slightly in the favor of Chuck.

I still disagree it was a 29-28 fight. Somebody stated earlier that 2 judges scored it that way. Not true. 2 judges scored it 30-27 Chuck. So I'm not crazy, and neither are several people posting on MMA message boards who think Chuck won that round. Silva won the first half, Chuck won the second half. How you choose to score it is a toss up. IMO Chuck was unfazed that round, while Silva was rattled. 10-9 Chuck.
Old 12-30-2007, 09:00 PM    (permalink
JF4
Pro Bowler

JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cordscords View Post
Believe me I have a ton of respect for Wand. He was the face of PRIDE and has taken out his fair share of names. I just don't think he should have been the favorite. It should have been slightly in the favor of Chuck.

I still disagree it was a 29-28 fight. Somebody stated earlier that 2 judges scored it that way. Not true. 2 judges scored it 30-27 Chuck. So I'm not crazy, and neither are several people posting on MMA message boards who think Chuck won that round. Silva won the first half, Chuck won the second half. How you choose to score it is a toss up. IMO Chuck was unfazed that round, while Silva was rattled. 10-9 Chuck.
Wanderlei won that round, I have no idea what you were watching. UFC judges are pretty bad too sometimes, we've all seen the Bisping Hamill fight.

stephenson86
JF4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 09:01 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

no way at all that Chuck won round 2, all he did was throw a elbow that cut a forehead that was covered in scar tissue, Silva had more punches and knocked Liddell down twice, it easily went to Silva.

Wand needs to go back to training w/ knees, Wand had some opportunities to throw them but didnt.
Old 12-30-2007, 09:02 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Wanderlei won that round, I have no idea what you were watching. UFC judges are pretty bad too sometimes, we've all seen the Bisping Hamill fight.
I think a lot of it deals w/ bias to certain fighters.
Old 12-30-2007, 09:14 PM    (permalink
cordscords
Rookie

Quote:
Have you ever tried watching the Bisping-Hamill fight with the sound off? It's a lot closer than you think, but I do think they got the decision right.

Listening to Goldberg yell "Silva trying to finish him!" a few times that round made me crack a smile. Goldberg and Rogan are painful. Silva was never that close.

Also to the person who said there was a bias, none here. I picked Rampage over Chuck. Though I thought Chuck would destroy Jardine.