Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 04-25-2007, 04:33 PM    (permalink
constant cough
Rookie

constant cough hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

He looked really good the few USC games I saw last year. I thought he stood out on defense. I can easily see him being a 1st rounder for sure.
constant cough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 06:19 PM    (permalink
Ho0k Em'
Pro Bowler

Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.

mehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Last edited by Ho0k Em' : 04-25-2007 at 06:22 PM.
Ho0k Em' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 06:21 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by remix 6 View Post
do u know who Sean Taylor is? ..doesnt sound like it
I do know who Sean Taylor is. The lingering image of him covering someone I have is Stallworth juking the crap out of him and scampering for a TD. Maybe I need to watch more Skins games, sorry
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 06:30 PM    (permalink
elway777
All-Pro

elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSTKUNTLAWL View Post
I'm not taking shots @ Mays.. I like him.. He's obviously a freak.

But the Taylor comparsion is really really bad IMO.

Well the comparison is just coming from the size and speed obviously.

Anybody who has watched Mays this spring knows how much his game has matured. Im excited to see him play this year.
elway777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 06:54 PM    (permalink
BUSTKUNTLAWL
Veteran

BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elway777 View Post
Well the comparison is just coming from the size and speed obviously.

Anybody who has watched Mays this spring knows how much his game has matured. Im excited to see him play this year.
He seemed soft to me last year.. But you have definitely seen him more than me.

& Taylor is the exact opposite of soft.. That's why I didn't like the comparsion.
BUSTKUNTLAWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 08:44 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jballa838 View Post
he should have went to UW. :(
Don't worry.. My brother Mason Foster is coming!

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 08:51 PM    (permalink
JoeMontainya
Veteran

JoeMontainya needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jericho@SC View Post
According to Scott Wolf, Mays has said that he ran a 4.28 in the 40 during Spring Workouts.

I don't believe it myself, and you probably won't either. But remember that Mays was a three time State Track Champion in the 100 m in Washington.

If his real time is anywhere near that though, he'll have NFL scouts salivating over him in 2 years.
Every single prospect says they run under 4.4, but come combine time, it doesnt happen that often. Ted Ginn is 100X faster than Mays and he didnt even run that fast. Noone should argue Mays being faster than Ginn.
JoeMontainya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 08:59 PM    (permalink
Veteran

22,895 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Mays was a stand out at Saftey Postion and really helped out our Secondary. He was a true Freshman last year and he is gonna be better this year. Comparing him to Sean Taylor is a good comparison. He's got his size and speed. He may not hit like him yet, but like I said he's a true Freshman and he will only get better. Scott Ware a few years back wasn't all that big of a hitter, but In his Senior he hit the sh!t out of people. Mays will be a Taylor type and be Drafted in the First Round. We are...SC! Fight On!
22,895 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 09:02 PM    (permalink
DoWnThEfiElD
Pro Bowler

DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mays will be a good comparison to Taylor once he plays like him and its not just based on size and speed ok? I don't care if he was a true frosh last year, he hasn't done anything that warrents a comparison to Taylor beyond looking the part. A lot of guys look the part.
Old 04-25-2007, 11:55 PM    (permalink
snuff

No matter how you cut it Antwaine (sp) Perez would of made a better Safety, had he not gotten hurt, but now he is lost in the middle of no where at I believe Rutgers.
Old 04-25-2007, 11:57 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post
Don't worry.. My brother Mason Foster is coming!
nice. (10 char.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 08:04 AM    (permalink
lbmtrojan

Wow, we sure have cannonized Sean Taylor. As a true freshman Taylor was a nickle/dime back. Mays was the starter. Mays was a 2nd team Sporting News AA as a true freshman. I would say it's more than relevant to compare the two when looking at both at similar points in thier career. Heck, I'd say Mays is a year ahead of Taylor so far in development.

Also, it's really great that Taylor can hit so hard, but I'm pretty sure the point is to get the opponent on the ground. Taylor often times tries for the big hit at the expense of the sure tackle.

Also, I don't believe Mays rana 4.28. I'd believe it more if it was 4.48, which is still pretty fast. BTW Taylor ran a 4.49 at 6'2 230 pounds. Mays is 6'4 225. Oh yeah, and didn't Calvin Johnson, at 6'5 239 pounds, just run a 4.35 40? So perhaps Mays is close to Johnson's speed...

Last edited by lbmtrojan : 04-26-2007 at 08:10 AM.
Old 04-29-2007, 07:32 PM    (permalink
songofthesword

i'm so glad arkansas doesn't play SC anymore
Old 05-15-2007, 04:43 AM    (permalink
reese

sean taylor can cover and whoever says he cant doesnt watch him play....and just becuz he got beat on a double move by stallworth doesnt mean he cant cover either....i remember champ bailey gettin shook out of his cleats by t.o. that doesnt mean he cant cover does it?
Old 05-16-2007, 03:24 PM    (permalink
Veteran

22,895 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by songofthesword View Post
i'm so glad arkansas doesn't play SC anymore
Yep we own you in all Sports.
22,895 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 05:56 PM    (permalink
tEk
Veteran

tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

FSU backed out of the non-conference game this year so we get to trounce idaho. YEAH!

Hitman D
tEk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 06:00 PM    (permalink
energizerbunny
Veteran

energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

whenever I saw him play last year he looked no where near that fast. But he was a track star so its pretty believable.

Last edited by energizerbunny : 05-17-2007 at 08:09 PM.
energizerbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 06:14 PM    (permalink
reese

everyone knows timed speed and game speed is totally different...so just cuz he ran a 4.2 doesnt mean he plays that fast
Old 05-28-2007, 12:26 PM    (permalink
dre1614
Rookie

dre1614 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reese View Post
sean taylor can cover and whoever says he cant doesnt watch him play....and just becuz he got beat on a double move by stallworth doesnt mean he cant cover either....i remember champ bailey gettin shook out of his cleats by t.o. that doesnt mean he cant cover does it?
no he can't, at least in the NFL he can't.

He is almost as bad as Roy Williams, in terms of coverage ability. Hell Patrick Crayton has burnt Sean Taylor twice in the last 2 years.

ill name a few more

Reggie Brown
Dante Stallworth
Randy Moss
Terry Glenn
and i hardly ever watch Redskins games lol

The facts are while he has decent speed, he is not that good of a cover safety.
dre1614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 02:36 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elway777 View Post
Mays can cover
Taylor can not

Besides he was a true freshman, and isn't even close to hitting his true potential.
Sean Taylor covers the whole field. How dare you insult the Great Sean Taylor by putting his name in the same post as this glorified track star? Hehehe

Old 05-28-2007, 02:38 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre1614 View Post
no he can't, at least in the NFL he can't.

He is almost as bad as Roy Williams, in terms of coverage ability. Hell Patrick Crayton has burnt Sean Taylor twice in the last 2 years.

ill name a few more

Reggie Brown
Dante Stallworth
Randy Moss
Terry Glenn
and i hardly ever watch Redskins games lol

The facts are while he has decent speed, he is not that good of a cover safety.
People are gonna get burned.. It happens. No DB can be perfect. Sean Taylor's coverage is good. Why cover the guy when you can just flinch at him and he'll drop? lol Anyone remember when Jerry Porter raped Champ Bailey in the game in the snow?

Old 05-28-2007, 03:16 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
i dont believe this for 4.28 seconds
funny.....

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 04:14 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post
Sean Taylor covers the whole field. How dare you insult the Great Sean Taylor by putting his name in the same post as this glorified track star? Hehehe
glorified track star? have you even seen him play?
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 12:15 AM    (permalink
Clayton89
Rookie

Clayton89 is a cocksman.Clayton89 is a cocksman.Clayton89 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbmtrojan View Post
Wow, we sure have cannonized Sean Taylor. As a true freshman Taylor was a nickle/dime back. Mays was the starter. Mays was a 2nd team Sporting News AA as a true freshman. I would say it's more than relevant to compare the two when looking at both at similar points in thier career. Heck, I'd say Mays is a year ahead of Taylor so far in development.

Also, it's really great that Taylor can hit so hard, but I'm pretty sure the point is to get the opponent on the ground. Taylor often times tries for the big hit at the expense of the sure tackle.

Also, I don't believe Mays rana 4.28. I'd believe it more if it was 4.48, which is still pretty fast. BTW Taylor ran a 4.49 at 6'2 230 pounds. Mays is 6'4 225. Oh yeah, and didn't Calvin Johnson, at 6'5 239 pounds, just run a 4.35 40? So perhaps Mays is close to Johnson's speed...
Well Sean Taylor also had two really good safeties in Ed Reed and James Lewis playing ahead of him where as Mays came into a secondary where they had lost both the starters form the year before and suffered some injuries during the spring so its not really fair to compare them at that stage. Taylor arguebly should have been an AA his sophmore year and played pretty damn well in the National Championship Game. Plus the Sporting News AA team is an opinion of their sports writers as opposed to the AP
Old 05-31-2007, 04:36 PM    (permalink
BUSTKUNTLAWL
Veteran

BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snuff View Post
No matter how you cut it Antwaine (sp) Perez would of made a better Safety, had he not gotten hurt, but now he is lost in the middle of no where at I believe Rutgers.
Didn't he go to Maryland?
BUSTKUNTLAWL is offline   Reply With Quote