Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 09-21-2006, 08:09 PM    (permalink

I know its early but I will be getting one of the two and I need some input. From what I have read and seen they seem to be pretty equal right now.. at least in my mind. I have always been a 2K guy but if Live is better I will get it. Any and all information/opinions are needed and welcome.
Old 09-21-2006, 08:09 PM    (permalink

I'd go with NBA Live
Old 09-21-2006, 08:11 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gameplay and graphics go to 2K7. I've never been a Live fan, I dont think basketball is one of EA's strengths.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 08:12 PM    (permalink
JETS5128
Pro Bowler

JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

2k always has the best features, but i think live just plays better, i'll prbably be getting it, i hope they release a demo

Sig by Me
JETS5128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 08:13 PM    (permalink

2k was better last year IMO
Old 09-21-2006, 08:18 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like 2k6 more for 360 but last year i played Live more when i had PS2 but id probably go with 2k6
Old 09-21-2006, 08:19 PM    (permalink
FlutiesDropKick
Pro Bowler

FlutiesDropKick hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.FlutiesDropKick hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

2K is overall a better game but IMO Live has a more fluid gameplay. I think that is due more too its arcade style. I would go for 2K

Sig thanks to VLS

My BC Iggles. (13-4)
FlutiesDropKick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 08:23 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Since my favorite basketball game all time is NBA Jam I have to go with live. The thing about basketball games is I only play them with friends over, they are boring single player cause the Computer player just holds the ball for 23 seconds than shoots it.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 08:24 PM    (permalink
FlutiesDropKick
Pro Bowler

FlutiesDropKick hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.FlutiesDropKick hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettosermon
Since my favorite basketball game all time is NBA Jam I have to go with live.
what about Bill Lambier's Combat Basketball....thats everyones favorite?

Sig thanks to VLS

My BC Iggles. (13-4)
FlutiesDropKick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 09:28 PM    (permalink
jkpigskin
Pro Bowler

jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the 2k franchise has only 1 advantage on ea sports... that is in basketball

Go Ravens!
jkpigskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 09:31 PM    (permalink
transcendent

I thought live was as good as its ever been last year its gameplay was very solid. Didnt play 2K though. I dont buy non EA games.
Old 09-21-2006, 09:31 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

2k7, Live is too complicated. I don't have the patience to master the controls. I like the complexity of Madden, but when I'm playing a bball vid game, I wanna be able to just pick up the controller and have fun. Football is more of a thinking man's game, so I can understand and appreciate the complexity of Madden. Bball is a simple game, no need to make the video game so damn complicated.
Old 09-21-2006, 09:32 PM    (permalink
transcendent

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense
2k7, Live is too complicated. I don't have the patience to master the controls. I like the complexity of Madden, but when I'm playing a bball vid game, I wanna be able to just pick up the controller and have fun. Football is more of a thinking man's game, so I can understand and appreciate the complexity of Madden. Bball is a simple game, no need to make the video game so damn complicated.

I didnt find it complicated at all. What was so hard?
Old 09-21-2006, 09:38 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by transcendent
Quote:

It takes a couple of games to really get down. The controls are a lot more intricate than the 2K series. You can pick up the controller in 2k and work like 3 buttons and have a good time. For live, you gotta know how to use all 8 buttons and when to use em. Its nice when you spend time learning it, but I just wanna play a simple bball game. I got much more enjoyment out of the 2k series, it was simpler and funner to me. Just work the right analog stick and pass or shoot. Simple and still fun.
Old 09-21-2006, 09:43 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

It takes a couple of games to really get down. The controls are a lot more intricate than the 2K series. You can pick up the controller in 2k and work like 3 buttons and have a good time. For live, you gotta know how to use all 8 buttons and when to use em. Its nice when you spend time learning it, but I just wanna play a simple bball game. I got much more enjoyment out of the 2k series, it was simpler and funner to me. Just work the right analog stick and pass or shoot. Simple and still fun.
THats funny because the controls are way more complicated in the 2k series. Knowing how to do crossovers and stuff took a while for me to figure out with last years. Live is way more cut and dry IMO
Old 09-21-2006, 09:48 PM    (permalink
JETS5128
Pro Bowler

JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:

I think if anything, 2k is more complicated than live

Live is right stick to do moves, B to shoot, A to pass, R turbo

2k has 3 buttons to drop step, 2 buttons to alley-oop, and the most ******** move sheme ever, and shot stick

Sig by Me
JETS5128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 09:50 PM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.

New NBA steet game is comming out also.
Old 09-21-2006, 09:54 PM    (permalink
transcendent

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexDown

Hope its better than crappy Vol. 3 was.
Old 09-21-2006, 10:07 PM    (permalink
NIN1984
Pro Bowler

NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

NBA 2K7 for sure
Old 09-21-2006, 11:02 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by JETS5128
Quote:
Quote:

I think if anything, 2k is more complicated than live

Live is right stick to do moves, B to shoot, A to pass, R turbo

2k has 3 buttons to drop step, 2 buttons to alley-oop, and the most ******** move sheme ever, and shot stick
Thats exactly what I was saying even though i like NBA 2k a lil bit more its defintely got the more complicated button scheme i dont know what this guy was talking about.
Old 09-21-2006, 11:04 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have always played Live and it is always solid. bball games generaly are not my favorites anyway
Old 09-21-2006, 11:29 PM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Quote:

Me to. I would pay 60 for a Vol. 2 with updated rosters.
Old 09-21-2006, 11:29 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

the original was the best IMO
Old 09-21-2006, 11:30 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

2k7 for sure.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 11:32 PM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsalltheway
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

the original was the best IMO
I rented that game out like 20 times the summer it came out. It was great but lacked 4 player mode.