Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 04-26-2007, 06:35 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Maryland Terrapins Football

I'm sure most if not all Ravens fans here love the Terps, so I'd like to know your season outlook. Who will be QB Steffy or Portis, who will start RB Ball or Lattimore although they will probably just split carries again so it doesn't matter, and this year I think Erin Henderson and Darrius Heyward Bey will both prove to be first rounder, as both are eligible next year. Also whats the news on Jared Gaither?

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 08:38 AM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hopefully the starting QB will be Josh Portis. The RBs will split carries but I hope to see more Keon Lattimore than Lance Ball. And yes Erin Henderson and Derrius Heyward-Bey are definitely first rd talent and should both be 1st rd picks!!! And I believe Gaither is back meaning if he has a great season he is Levi Brown next year, a guy who comes from out of nowhere to be a top 10 pick.

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 08:40 AM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Steffey has been declared the Starter already. He has supposedly looked very good also.
Old 04-26-2007, 08:42 AM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
Steffey has been declared the Starter already. He has supposedly looked very good also.
All hope is lost.

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
Old 04-26-2007, 08:43 AM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can anyone tell me about Josh Portis? Hes a sophmore right?

I think the terps have a really good chance to win the ACC next year. If our QB situation goes good we should have a pretty solid offense and you guys are right Erin Henderson is a beast and will be a better version of his brother. Im pretty excited for Maryland football.

On a side note, I cant wait for Antwine Perez to play. He transfered here from USC. He will have to sit out all next year but the kid is a monster safety prospect and could be the next "Sean Taylor" type safety.
Old 04-26-2007, 09:23 AM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.

Gaither will have 1 more year of eligibility I think he needs to come back for his senior year. Not only will it make MD a MUCH better team but he can refine his skills and potentially be a TOP 10 pick. He is a physical beast that is getting better and better game by game. Most players his size played Varsity Football for 4 years in HS then went on to play in College somewhere so by the time they get to the NFL they have some wear on their tires sort of speak. Gaither though only played 1 year of HS football then went to a Prep school before coming to UMD and starting at LT so he only has 4 years of organized football experience ! He probably has one of the biggest upsides at LT then anyone I have seen play in long time. Someone with his physical attributes learning to play the position correctly from a quality coach at a big school, he will not have bad habits just limited experience when he gets to the NFL.
ChefMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 09:24 AM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

Quote:

I think the terps have a really good chance to win the ACC next year. If our QB situation goes good we should have a pretty solid offense and you guys are right Erin Henderson is a beast and will be a better version of his brother. Im pretty excited for Maryland football.

On a side note, I cant wait for Antwine Perez to play. He transfered here from USC. He will have to sit out all next year but the kid is a monster safety prospect and could be the next "Sean Taylor" type safety.
Not familiar with the transfer from USC ? That would be great if we had someone like that on the Team !!! Why did he transfer and where is he from ???
Old 04-26-2007, 02:44 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefMike View Post
Not familiar with the transfer from USC ? That would be great if we had someone like that on the Team !!! Why did he transfer and where is he from ???

Scout.com had him ranked as a 5 star recruit. I think he transferred from USC because of the lack of playing time in the future. Hes from Camdem NJ and this is what scout has to say about him.

"Can you say Ronnie Lott, Perez is explosive when he closes on an opposition he acts like he was just shot out of a cannon. He finishes each tackle, and punsishes the opposing player. A very versatile and athletic prospect. Needs to improve his coverage skills, but should have no problem doing so."
Old 04-26-2007, 04:10 PM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

WOW that would be great if we could get ahold of him and he plays up to that level.. We totally could be out playing Teams like Va Tech and our recruiting them too...Friedgen needs to be a better job recruiting those Top notch players in PA and the Carolinas not just getting those super freaks that can bench press the weight room and will probably run at the next olympics !! I trust him though and that method worked for Bowden at FSU it just took awhile for him to catch up with those athletes and find out how to use them..
Old 04-26-2007, 04:14 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just imagine if Maryland landed those high profile guys who showed interest initially in Maryland like Marvin Austin and Percy Harvin, and Derrick Williams.

Old 04-26-2007, 04:39 PM    (permalink
dcarey20
Pro Bowler

dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.

The upcoming season should be an exciting one. We have a bunch of NFL-caliber players that don't get talked about very often.

First off, I'm a bit dissapointed about Steffy being our guy. I guess he has looked better, but I really want Portis to be our starter at quarterback.

Lance Ball and Lattimore are money as a 1-2 combo, I love how we use them.

Darrius Heyward-Bey is one of my favorite players and if he continues to progress, I think he's a first rounder. 6'2", 210 pounds, legit 4.3 speed doesn't come around that often. And I think he actually has room to get bigger and faster.

Erin Henderson is amazing as well. Tackling machine with great talent, and I think he could be as good as his brother was. A sleeper pick for the Butkus award in my opinion and potential 1st rounder.

If Gaither has a good year, and than has some Maryland type workouts, he should also be a 1st rounder.

Another guy that doesn't get talked about very often is nose tackle Dre Moore. I think he had a great year last season. He's got ridiculous potential. 310 pounds with 4.8 speed and great strength. I realize this is a bit optimistic, but if he has a great season, I think he could hear his name called in the first round.
Old 04-26-2007, 04:48 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Erin won't be as good as EJ in college but Erin is a much better prospect, his athleticism is what separates him from EJ. EJ would be the next Ray Lewis if he was more fluid.

Old 04-26-2007, 04:55 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I cant wait to see Zach Brown as our RB. MD state title for 100 and 200 meter runs, plus 215 pound state champion, my friend wrestled him and said he was the strongest person he ever wrestled, I cant wait to see him on the field.
Old 04-26-2007, 05:32 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghettosermon View Post
Just imagine if Maryland landed those high profile guys who showed interest initially in Maryland like Marvin Austin and Percy Harvin, and Derrick Williams.
Also it would have been nice if Melvin Alaeze didnt get kicked off the team. For a while I had visions of Alaeze and Austin as the most beastly DT duo ever. Now we have neither.
Old 04-26-2007, 05:55 PM    (permalink
go_ravens94
Veteran

go_ravens94 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
I cant wait to see Zach Brown as our RB. MD state title for 100 and 200 meter runs, plus 215 pound state champion, my friend wrestled him and said he was the strongest person he ever wrestled, I cant wait to see him on the field.
Cool. Looks like we have a bright future at RB!
Old 04-26-2007, 06:06 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Perez could be a monster in the secondary once he's able to play. I look forward to watching him come next year.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 06:32 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cant wait to see Hayward-Bay this year. Who does everyone think will get drafted this year?
Quote:
Percy is 757 fo life
Word

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 06:32 PM    (permalink
go_ravens94
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
Cant wait to see Hayward-Bay this year. Who does everyone think will get drafted this year?
Heyward-Bey, Ball, Lattimore are for sure.
Old 04-26-2007, 06:35 PM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

Quote:

Don't forget Aurelious Benn this year that went to Illinois instead of UMD... he and Heyward-Bey would have been an incredible 1-2 at WR !! Instead he is going to be catching the ball for Juice Williams that bastard !!!
Old 04-26-2007, 07:51 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Being a Redshirt Sophmore I think Heyward might stay, but guys like VD sure help out his draft hype.

Old 04-26-2007, 08:04 PM    (permalink
Troj2man
Rookie

Troj2man hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Word out of UMD is that Heyward-Bey is struggling with his GPA. Ralph Friedgen said that he wants his players to carry at least a 2.5 GPA. Heyward-Bey is coming in at around 2.0-2.2 right now. Hopefully he can get his grades up and be able to play football this year.

Also did anyone else hear that Jeremy Ricker has decided to transfer? He said that he wasn't getting a fair shot. It's a shame that kids like this think they should have everything handed to them. Sure he was upset about Portis coming in, but he should have stuck it out for at least a year. After all, Hollenbach was 4th on the chart and took over the job due to injury. He went on to start for 2 straight years. Something similar could have happened with Ricker.
Old 04-26-2007, 08:09 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troj2man View Post
Word out of UMD is that Heyward-Bey is struggling with his GPA. Ralph Friedgen said that he wants his players to carry at least a 2.5 GPA. Heyward-Bey is coming in at around 2.0-2.2 right now. Hopefully he can get his grades up and be able to play football this year.

Also did anyone else hear that Jeremy Ricker has decided to transfer? He said that he wasn't getting a fair shot. It's a shame that kids like this think they should have everything handed to them. Sure he was upset about Portis coming in, but he should have stuck it out for at least a year. After all, Hollenbach was 4th on the chart and took over the job due to injury. He went on to start for 2 straight years. Something similar could have happened with Ricker.
The 2.5 GPA is if the wish to play 2 sports, he wants to run track but isn't being allowed due to him not having a 2.5. He's fine in terms of football but is unable to compete in track, and thats Friedgen's rule about the 2.5 not a NCAA.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 10:02 AM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcarey20 View Post
The upcoming season should be an exciting one. We have a bunch of NFL-caliber players that don't get talked about very often.

First off, I'm a bit dissapointed about Steffy being our guy. I guess he has looked better, but I really want Portis to be our starter at quarterback.

Lance Ball and Lattimore are money as a 1-2 combo, I love how we use them.

Darrius Heyward-Bey is one of my favorite players and if he continues to progress, I think he's a first rounder. 6'2", 210 pounds, legit 4.3 speed doesn't come around that often. And I think he actually has room to get bigger and faster.

Erin Henderson is amazing as well. Tackling machine with great talent, and I think he could be as good as his brother was. A sleeper pick for the Butkus award in my opinion and potential 1st rounder.

If Gaither has a good year, and than has some Maryland type workouts, he should also be a 1st rounder.

Another guy that doesn't get talked about very often is nose tackle Dre Moore. I think he had a great year last season. He's got ridiculous potential. 310 pounds with 4.8 speed and great strength. I realize this is a bit optimistic, but if he has a great season, I think he could hear his name called in the first round.
I think Dre could be a first day pick, I really love the way he plays on that DL. 2 other guys I think we'll see playing on sundays soon from UMD are Jeremy Navarre just a beast and a very good DE, prolly a tweener in the pros, and Trey Covington I think he could be a great 3-4 OLB and heres to hoping he plays that position greatly in a black Ravens jersey!!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
Old 04-27-2007, 06:09 PM    (permalink
dcarey20
Pro Bowler

dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_ravens94 View Post
Heyward-Bey, Ball, Lattimore are for sure.
If Heyward Bey and Henderson come out, they will both be high picks.

Others include Dre Moore, who should be at least a day 1 pick, Jared Gaither in the first or second round, Joey Haynos 2nd day, and definitely Lance Ball and Keon on second day with an outside chance for first.
Old 04-27-2007, 06:37 PM    (permalink
go_ravens94
Veteran

Forgot about Gaither and Erin.