Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 02-26-2009, 10:17 PM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
I don't know I heard too he supposedly isn't really looking into SJ but honestly for this kid it makes the most sense. He wants to be the star taking all the shots, and for a Brooklyn kid it's got to be a dream putting up 30+ shots every night in Madison Square Garden.
Well that is true.. but if he wants to be on a stage he needs to come to UMD.. we play Duke and NC and Wake 2 times each. We have more exposure on a national scale on the east coast. Kansas is cool but playing once in awhile on national TV in small markets regularly shouldn't be the way to go for a 1 and done type guy.

Would rather see him come to college park for one year and put us in place to get some other big recruits and shut up everyone and get them off Gary's back
ChefMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 08:45 AM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

On the Lance Stephenson front:

Quote:
Lance Stephenson says he has already made up his mind about college.

He’s just not ready to announce it to the world yet.

"I already know where I’m going," the 6-foot-5 Stephenson said Wednesday afternoon at a press conference at Madison Square Garden in advance of Saturday’s PSAL championship game. "I been having it in my head about a week ago."

Asked why he didn’t just announce right then, Stephenson smiled and said, "It’s not the right place."

Stephenson said he will attend either "St. John’s, Maryland [or] Kansas" and that he talks with coaches from each school every day.
So we are still in it, WF is out, and this quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance Stephenson
I want a coach that’s going to push me, the players surrounding me are good, and I just want to have a chance to win the tournament
It leads me to believe St. Johns is out of the picture too. So it wouldn't be too far off to think its down between us and KU. My money is on Lance being a Jayhawk but we can wait and see.

If GV stays, we add a legit difference maker in Lance Stepehenson, and actually have two legit big men in Jordan Williams, and James Padgett, the Terps could be making even more noise next year than they are this year.

Oh yeah, 2:30 The Golden Bears are going home baby! FEAR THE TURTLE!
Old 03-19-2009, 01:23 PM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
On the Lance Stephenson front:

So we are still in it, WF is out, and this quote:

It leads me to believe St. Johns is out of the picture too. So it wouldn't be too far off to think its down between us and KU. My money is on Lance being a Jayhawk but we can wait and see.

If GV stays, we add a legit difference maker in Lance Stepehenson, and actually have two legit big men in Jordan Williams, and James Padgett, the Terps could be making even more noise next year than they are this year.

Oh yeah, 2:30 The Golden Bears are going home baby! FEAR THE TURTLE!
That is great news !!!

If we get him that puts us back on the right path..even if its just for 1 season.. but I think NBA scouts will see his stock rise more playing for Gary and learning how to play defense rather then going to Kansas and learning how to be the man for Bill Self.
Old 03-31-2009, 08:26 PM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

GREAT NEWS ON THE LANCE STEPHENSON FRONT

Kansas is not sure whether Sherron Collins and Cole Aldrich will forgo the remainder of their eligibility. That would keep them at 15 players on scholarship 2 over the limit for the NCAA and which would mean they would have to cut players or ask players to pay their own way to stay on the team. This gives UMD an edge in the Lance Stephenson sweepstakes!!!

So stay positive Terp Fans!!!!
Old 03-31-2009, 09:40 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefMike View Post
GREAT NEWS ON THE LANCE STEPHENSON FRONT

Kansas is not sure whether Sherron Collins and Cole Aldrich will forgo the remainder of their eligibility. That would keep them at 15 players on scholarship 2 over the limit for the NCAA and which would mean they would have to cut players or ask players to pay their own way to stay on the team. This gives UMD an edge in the Lance Stephenson sweepstakes!!!

So stay positive Terp Fans!!!!
we are only going to have him for one year anyways

thanks to steel man for the fresh sig
mikehop05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 11:39 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well he is supposedly announcing today (April 1st) so let's hope for the best, though from what I read Kansas has pulled pretty far ahead in the sweepstakes.

One thing that could play out in our favor, is now that Callipari is going from Memphis to Kentucky, Xavier Henry is probably going to get out of his commitment to Memphis and one of the likely landing spots is said to be Kansas, if he goes to Kansas, that would mean Lance = Terp.

Last edited by ccB : 03-31-2009 at 11:44 PM.
ccB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 01:05 AM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Gary Williams recently traveled to Brooklyn for an in house visit with Lance Stephenson but as time goes by it's looking less and less likely that we sign him.

BUT...

The Terps were one of the first teams to contact top 100 player PF Deshawn Painter when he decommited from Florida. We were his top 5 before he commited to Florida and he is expected to visit College Park in the near future. I think Painter would be a fantastic addition to our team, I think he has a lot of potential and could be that James Gist-like player that we missed this year.
Old 04-20-2009, 02:21 PM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

St Johns is still in the mix though.. so its a little nervy... good news about Painter though... he could be a beast for us...
Old 04-24-2009, 03:19 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

2010 Top 150 player and Montrose Christian star SG/SF Terrence Ross has signed with Maryland. This is huge, he has the potential to be a star.

http://www.testudotimes.com/2009/4/2...-terp#comments
Old 04-26-2009, 07:31 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Congratulations to

Darrius Heyward-Bey (Raiders, 1st rd 7th overall)
Kevin Barnes (Redskins, 3rd rd 80th overall)
Moise Fokou (Eagles, 7th rd 230th overall)
Jaime Thomas (Colts, 7th rd 236th overall)
Dan Gronkowski (Lions, 7th rd 255th overall)

On being the UMD Draft Class of 09!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999

Last edited by EdReedUnstoppable : 04-26-2009 at 07:35 PM.
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 07:34 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post
Congratulations to

Darrius Heyward-Bey (Raiders)
Kevin Barnes (Redskins)
Moise Fokou (Eagles)
Jaime Thomas (Colts)
Dan Gronkowski (Lions)

On being the UMD Draft Class of 09!
Hell I fight for DHB any time I can. I hate how analysts all of a sudden act like he's Justin Gatlin and is just a track star who has no football skills. His hands are so underrated. Hell I bet they would have liked Usain Bolt more than DHB. Barnes I am so excited to see with the Skins. He should get pt early and might be our only DB who can catch the ball. The last 3 I don't think will make their rosters. Fokou has a chance and could be a dynamite special teams player, but it will be hard to make the Eagles roster. Hopefully someone will pick up Edwin Williams and Jeremy Navarre.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 07:38 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Hell I fight for DHB any time I can. I hate how analysts all of a sudden act like he's Justin Gatlin and is just a track star who has no football skills. His hands are so underrated. Hell I bet they would have liked Usain Bolt more than DHB. Barnes I am so excited to see with the Skins. He should get pt early and might be our only DB who can catch the ball. The last 3 I don't think will make their rosters. Fokou has a chance and could be a dynamite special teams player, but it will be hard to make the Eagles roster. Hopefully someone will pick up Edwin Williams and Jeremy Navarre.
I disagree I think Thomas and Gronkowski, especially Gronkowski will make their teams. Gronkowski is a rare blend of size, and blocking ability, he is extremely underrated, I was kinda hopin for us to get him.

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
Old 04-26-2009, 07:49 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post
I disagree I think Thomas and Gronkowski, especially Gronkowski will make their teams. Gronkowski is a rare blend of size, and blocking ability, he is extremely underrated, I was kinda hopin for us to get him.
They drafted Pettigrew though who is Grankoswki except far superior in every aspect. They already have Fitzsimmons and Michael Gaines on the roster.

Old 06-12-2009, 05:37 AM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

Lance Stephenson's Father was reported in a NY paper to have said that he really likes Maryland and that Gary has still been in contact with Lance.

Its looking more and more like a reality that Lance will end up in the ACC and here in College Park. He won't be a one and done guy he will give a school 2 seasons. I think with Vasquez and Lance (if he signs) and the front court we signed this year we will be competitive and get back to the NCAA tourney to compete. Then next year after Lance has had a year to develop defensively under Gary, and the other guys have gotten another season under their belts. With a good class in 2010 it could be scary again in College Park !
Old 06-13-2009, 01:10 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

Quote:
They drafted Pettigrew though who is Grankoswki except far superior in every aspect. They already have Fitzsimmons and Michael Gaines on the roster.
Im pretty sure they cut Gaines, Gronkowski is gonna make that squad!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
Old 09-03-2009, 09:10 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Whos ready for Saturday night?!!?!? Was listening to Terp Talk radio yesterday and I am pumped for this season. Even with the loss of DHB I think that we are a better team than last year. We are so deep at skilled positions.

The Cal game is going to be tough but I think a 21 pt spread is ridiculous. We handled Cal last year. Although it was at MD, I still think we should be able to at least keep this one close. We just have to find a way to minimize big runs from Best. As much as I am not a big Michael Turner fan, he usually does play better in big games and he has a ton of weapons this year. I love Torrey Smith and Adrian Cannon has caught a lot of attention in scrimmages. Fridge says Cannon has been in the weight room and studying more than anyone this offseason.

Our running game is going to be so nasty. We all know that Da'Rell is an absolute beast. Word from the offseason is that Meggett looks great. He's trimmed down and Fridge says he's seeing the field a lot better. Behind them we have two true freshman that I can't wait to see develop, DJ Adams and Caleb Porzel.
Old 09-03-2009, 10:48 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Hah I wish the terps had Michael Turner

Anyways I'm not as confident as I was last year going up against Cal. I think they have more stability now. The thing that scares me the most is how poor Maryland's run defense was. I mean damn Darren Evans and so many other backs ran all over the Terps. I'd be scared as hell of Javhid Best just exploding. Turner needs to consistently put up scoring drives in order for the Terps to have a chance. Scott and Meggett need to be monsters, but still Turner will need to make plays. Meggett runs hard but his vision last year was horrible. He would just run into piles.

Old 09-03-2009, 11:16 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Hah I wish the terps had Michael Turner
ha my bad. obviously meant "Chris" Turner...

And on Meggett, thats exactly what Fridge was talking about. He was pretty pleased with how Meggetts vision has really gotten better finding the holes.
Old 09-03-2009, 12:37 PM    (permalink
dcarey20
Pro Bowler

dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.

I'm ready...
Old 09-03-2009, 03:37 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Also because of the west coast time it just happens to be played at the perfect time for me to watch.

Old 09-03-2009, 04:23 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

Im so excited for the season to start, yet at the same time Im pretty sure Cal is gonna beat us to within an inch of our lives saturday night.

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
Old 09-03-2009, 04:37 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Fokou is making the roster, he is already the second string SLB, has taken reps with the first team at MLB, is an ace special teams player and has really stood out all pre-season. I fully expect him to start at least one game this season and receive more play time than the average 7th round pick. He is versatile and can play any of the 3 spots and with all the depth and injury issues, that will certainly come in handy on the Eagles roster. He might be the starter next season, the Eagles have a habit of letting linebackers walk and Chris Gocong is heading into free agency. I like Fokou a lot.

Also I like some of the prospects from Maryland. More specifically I'm interested in seeing how Chris Turner develops, he has all the tools and could really rise up in this weak class of QBs, every year there is a sleeper that rises up like Freeman, Cutler, Russell and Flacco and this year I think that sleeper is going to be either Pike, Turner or Hiller all 3 of whom are big pocket presences who can move and have strong arms.

Da'Rel Scott and Cory Jackson also interest me. But the prospect I REALLY want to see is Bruce Campell who if he has a good year has a good shot at being the #1 OT in this draft class. The two corners are also pretty good along with Skinner at safety. I think this class will be much better than that of '09.
Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 05:22 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Any thoughts on the QB transfer from Miami(OH)? I can't remember his name but after he sits out this year he'll have 2 years left
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 09:39 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
Any thoughts on the QB transfer from Miami(OH)? I can't remember his name but after he sits out this year he'll have 2 years left
You'll never hear his name because Danny O'Brien is silly!!!!

And also I think Cory Jackson has a shot to be considered the best FB in the draft class next year.

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
Old 09-05-2009, 06:47 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

I can't wait to see Kenny Tate. I have only heard amazing things on his offseason improvements. At 6-4" with his speed and instincts if he gets bigger and continues to learn the safety position he is a guy who has a Sean Taylor like facility. Whether he ever gets close to reaching that is a long shot, but he could be a stud safety and I really can't wait to see him play.