Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Denver Broncos Team Forum

Denver Broncos Team Forum Discuss the Broncos

Old 04-28-2007, 09:44 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elway777 View Post
Where do we pick in the 4th?
We don't, apparently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 10:07 PM    (permalink
ripdw27
Veteran

ripdw27 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

im not to high on taking two d ends in the 1st two rounds they best have 20 sacks between them
what did we do in round 3
ripdw27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 10:56 PM    (permalink
M
Rookie

M hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Ryan Harris
OT | (6'4", 305, 5.09) | NOTRE DAME

Was used in scheme to pull a lot so good fit here. Not overly agressive or mean but more of a technician, a finess player. He started the last 44 straight games for ND so good durability.

Not sexy but we all talked about the value of drafting O and D line.

We only have 2 more picks in the draft:
round 6 2(176);
round 7 23(233) - so dont stay up analyzing who are the top 50 player left because it will not matter to the Broncos, short of a trade.
M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 10:58 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ryan Harris, OT, Notre Dame. He's athletic, and I think I remember hearing he can fit at guard. He has very quick feet and when he plays with good technique he's a very good pass blocker. Potential heir to Matt Lepsis.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-28-2007, 10:58 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

Oops. Slow connection thing. Double post.

Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) : 04-28-2007 at 11:18 PM.
Old 04-28-2007, 11:23 PM    (permalink
JCutlery
Veteran

JCutlery hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Wow, nice job!

We went all lineman, I'm so happy Shanahan got his priorities straight. I'm not totally thrilled about the trade-up for Moss, but hey, he might be worth it.
Old 04-28-2007, 11:32 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Harris is smart, agile and mobile... 3 things that mesh well with our blocking scheme. He is a good pass blocker, particularly against speed guys. His problem will be the point of attack and big, physical DE's.

Anyway, I'm happy as hell that Shanny saw the light and upgraded both lines rather than going LB + skill positions (which I feared might happen).
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 02:38 AM    (permalink
ripdw27
Veteran

we need to trade for a 4th rounder i think we still have a few needs namely secondary linebacker wide receiver... speaking of which has sidney rice been drafted?
Old 04-29-2007, 02:43 AM    (permalink
JCutlery
Veteran

JCutlery hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripdw27 View Post
we need to trade for a 4th rounder i think we still have a few needs namely secondary linebacker wide receiver... speaking of which has sidney rice been drafted?
Yeah, Rice went to the Vikings.

I don't think we have a huge need at LB. I think we need a safety, and luckily a lot of the safeties fell. Too bad we don't have a 4th to pick up a guy like Wendling or Gattis. But, I'd be satisfied with a Kevin Payne/Daren Stone in the early 6th round. Look for the Broncos to possibly gamble with that 7th and pick a player with some character questions. Why not give Marcus Thomas a chance if he's there?

Last edited by JCutlery : 04-29-2007 at 02:48 AM.
JCutlery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 03:42 AM    (permalink
ripdw27
Veteran

we need to take the marques colston of the draft lol thatd be nice
Old 04-29-2007, 08:39 AM    (permalink
elway777
All-Pro

elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

If Gattis or Wendling fall to the 6th rd. i'd be ecstatic.
elway777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 11:39 AM    (permalink
elway777
All-Pro

elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

What did we trade?

2 UF DL who are great pass rushers, yet have questionable work ethic & character.

This has really been a boom or bust draft.
Old 04-29-2007, 11:45 AM    (permalink
elway777
All-Pro

Why would we give up a 3rd rounder?
Old 04-29-2007, 11:45 AM    (permalink
Invesco

We traded this years 6th and 7th and next years 3rd for a 4th round pick that we got Marcus Thomas at.
Old 04-29-2007, 01:11 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I suspected Shanny was taking a close look a Thomas. He's a disruptor / penetrator DT, which is a rare commodity in this draft. If he wasn't such a questionable individual, he would've been a 1st round pick.

Shanny likes to gamble, and Thomas is a big one. If it pays off, though, the upgrade to our DL from this draft will be huge.
Old 04-29-2007, 01:23 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

I wanted Thomas for a while. I don't really like what we gave up though, but being a bad mamajama is a good thing on the D-Line. As long as it doesn't carry off the field too much.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-29-2007, 02:38 PM    (permalink
Invesco

Leonard Peters as a UDFA?
Old 04-29-2007, 02:43 PM    (permalink
elway777
All-Pro

I'd rather look at Micheal Johnson if he goes undrafted.
Old 04-29-2007, 04:43 PM    (permalink
M
Rookie

M hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Trade today was:
Broncos Get
4th round, No. 121: Marcus Thomas, DT, Florida

Minn Gets
6th round, No. 176: Rufus Alexander, LB, Oklahoma
7th round, No. 233
2008 3rd-round pick (ouch!)

This was a lets make a deal kind of draft! Much more than I thought or wanted and in the end our first round selection really cost us; it was the direct cause of our second day draft trade. The third round pick next year makes me concerned but Marcus Thomas is clearly worth the gamble.

Both Jarvis Moss and Marcus Thomas have a lot of talent, but we gave up an awful lot for these two. If one, or both, pan out to be solid starters, then it was clearly worth it - but is feels more like a leap of faith than our drafts in the past!

I am very happy that we focused on the line in this draft despite my strong desire to pick up Bush in the 3rd prior to the draft beginning. It is not sexy but smart (I just wish a safety had fallen to us).

Interesting who the UFA will be as Ramonce Taylor has all the physical tools to be starter on specialty teams, but nickle head like Mo. Clarett!
M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 04:49 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

If these picks pan out, I think we might have one of the best D-Lines in the league in the near future. If we have Warren at NT, Thomas at UT, and Moss and Crowder on the ends, not a lot of teams are gonna have better than that.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-29-2007, 05:44 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutlerChris View Post
If these picks pan out, I think we might have one of the best D-Lines in the league in the near future. If we have Warren at NT, Thomas at UT, and Moss and Crowder on the ends, not a lot of teams are gonna have better than that.
I agree. The young guys will get a chance to develop as a unit, which is a nice benefit of taking them all in the same draft. The fact that Moss and Thomas were teammates doesn't hurt either.

I like the upside a lot at this point. Thomas is the key, though. Keep him on the straight-and-narrow and he'll be a real force inside, which will create opportunities for everyone else.
Old 04-29-2007, 08:12 PM    (permalink
Invesco

We just got another DT from Florida..Steven Harris.

http://www.gatorsports.com/apps/pbcs...ORS01/70429009

Quote:
Three other undrafted Gators, fullback Billy Latsko, center Steve Rissler and defensive tackle Steven Harris, also signed free agent deals shortly after the draft, with the Carolina Panthers, Dallas Cowboys and Denver Broncos, respectively.
Old 04-29-2007, 08:23 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

Hopefully everyone we play's O-Line is as easy as OSU's was. Lol.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-29-2007, 09:24 PM    (permalink
broncofan4lyfe
Rookie

broncofan4lyfe hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Personally i was really suprised that Ole Miss OLB Rory Johnson went undrafted, especially with how well he played with Patrick Willis this season. I would very much like to see the broncos taking a run at him in the free agency.
broncofan4lyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 09:25 PM    (permalink
elway777
All-Pro

We also signed Wisconsin corner Roderick Rogers.