Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-02-2006, 01:43 AM    (permalink
BUSTKUNTLAWL
Veteran

BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Tommie Harris

Best DT in football.

Is it even a discussion? I don't think so.

He is playing at any EXTREMELY ELITE level.

I think he was only successfully blocked tonight 2 times.. Against a pretty damn good OL.

He will end up in the HOF if he stays healthy.

Anyone disagree? If you do.. you obv didn't see the clinic he put on tonight.

This guy is an ANIMAL.
BUSTKUNTLAWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 01:55 AM    (permalink
Windy
All-Pro

Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.

There will be a ton of people posting he isn't. I personally think he's top 3 though. He is a crusher
Windy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 01:55 AM    (permalink
IRONMAN27

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSTKUNTLAWL
Best DT in football.

Is it even a discussion? I don't think so.

He is playing at any EXTREMELY ELITE level.

I think he was only successfully blocked tonight 2 times.. Against a pretty damn good OL.

He will end up in the HOF if he stays healthy.

Anyone disagree? If you do.. you obv didn't see the clinic he put on tonight.

This guy is an ANIMAL.
obviously there is room for debate on this. No subject is without it. Stroud, Henderson, Hampton are all around his level and in my opinion are all interchangeable as the number 1. harris is a top tier DT and may be the best, but he is in no way shape or form the clear cut best
Old 10-02-2006, 02:20 AM    (permalink
Tobzilla
Pro Bowler

Tobzilla hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Tobzilla hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

He's up there with Kevin Williams and Jenkins but I wouldnt put him in the hall quite yet. :roll:

PM me for sig requests
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Connery View Post
Suck it Trebek!
Tobzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 02:51 AM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love Harris, but you're forgetting that this isn't last year's Seahawks' O-line. He played a pretty terrible interior line, actually. But, he's nearing where Henderson and Williams are, and has a ways to go before he gets to Shaun Rogers.
Old 10-02-2006, 04:37 AM    (permalink
swagger
Veteran

swagger hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

The NFC North is a hell of a division for defensive tackles: Kevin Williams of the Vikes, Shaun Rogers of the Lions and Tommie Harris of the Bears.

Throw in the Jaguars boys, Stroud and Henderson, and those are my picks for the 5 best deefensive tackles in the NFL. In any given order.

sig by vikes99ej

RIP Sean Taylor
4/1/1983 - 11/27/2007
swagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 06:09 AM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Though he has played well, there are a few DTs better. He is top 5, and if he keeps this up, probably top 3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma View Post
who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?
bearfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 06:32 AM    (permalink
IBleedNavyandOrange
Rookie

IBleedNavyandOrange hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

He's a monster, and a pretty humble guy, all things considered. I'm not ready to put him in the HOF yet--especially as the Bears have a history of great defensive linemen (from Doug Atkins to Dan Hampton and Richard Dent). But if he continues to perform at the level he's been hitting lately... or, even scarier, if he continues to improve... well, he should probably consider buying a condo in Hawaii.
Old 10-02-2006, 07:41 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He is extremely good. And the defensive scheme that Chicago plays just lets him shine and look even better. However I don't think he is top 5 yet. Close though. Top 10 yes, but not top 5.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 08:52 AM    (permalink
Bearsfan123
Pro Bowler

Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10
He is extremely good. And the defensive scheme that Chicago plays just lets him shine and look even better. However I don't think he is top 5 yet. Close though. Top 10 yes, but not top 5.
Could you name 5 better? I can only say 3 are on his level or maybe a little better. Henderson Stroud and S Rogers.
Bearsfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 08:55 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearsfan123
Quote:
Could you name 5 better? I can only say 3 are on his level or maybe a little better. Henderson Stroud and S Rogers.
Should we start bringing 3-4 NTs into the discussion or are we takling strictly 4-3.
Old 10-02-2006, 08:57 AM    (permalink
Bearsfan123
Pro Bowler

Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Should we start bringing 3-4 NTs into the discussion or are we takling strictly 4-3.
4-3 because 3-4s have diff responsibilities, right?
Bearsfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 09:06 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
4-3 because 3-4s have diff responsibilities, right?
Yes, but the original post said all DTs. On top of the three you listed, I still think Rod Coleman is better than Harris for now. And both those DTs are very similar in how they play the game. If Harris could keep this up all year, I would have to say Harris but I doubt he can keep this up because that would be quite the unbelievable season. When healthy Kris Jenkins is still better. He is also right on par with Haynesworth and Kevin Williams. So I would say there are 5 better than him in my opinion and then there are 2 more that he is interchangable with. 6-8 in my quick rankings. But if you add 3-4 players he would drop down a couple more spots.
Old 10-02-2006, 09:06 AM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tommie is a beast. He's one of my favorite players. I use to watch him all the time when he played here at OU. Unfornuately he, and quite a few others, are on the bears
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 09:10 AM    (permalink
jkpigskin
Pro Bowler

jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

its kinda hard to put the tag on anybody being the best DT, but tommie harris is elite and i would love to have him on my team

Go Ravens!
jkpigskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 10:22 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He might be the best passrusing DT, but there are a lot of good DT's out there that merit consideration. But some of the one Jughead mentioned are a bit silly. Have you seen much of Tommie Harris? Keep this up? He was first team all NFL last year, this isn't some kind of fluke. He's been more or less dominant since he entered the league.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 10:31 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51
He might be the best passrusing DT, but there are a lot of good DT's out there that merit consideration. But some of the one Jughead mentioned are a bit silly. Have you seen much of Tommie Harris? Keep this up? He was first team all NFL last year, this isn't some kind of fluke. He's been more or less dominant since he entered the league.
Who is silly that I mentioned ahead of him? And I thought he was undeserving of being first team all NFL. He only received that honor becuase of the players around him. I put him in the 6-8 range as far as best 4-3 DTs. For such a passrushing threat, he only had 3 sacks last year. I know that isn't everything and you can still be disruptive without getting sacks but 3 is a bit low. This year he already has 5 which is amazing but I want to see him keep this pace. The scheme and talent around him really helps him.
Old 10-02-2006, 10:35 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Who is silly that I mentioned ahead of him? And I thought he was undeserving of being first team all NFL. He only received that honor becuase of the players around him. I put him in the 6-8 range as far as best 4-3 DTs. For such a passrushing threat, he only had 3 sacks last year. I know that isn't everything and you can still be disruptive without getting sacks but 3 is a bit low. This year he already has 5 which is amazing but I want to see him keep this pace. The scheme and talent around him really helps him.
Tommie is in the backfield on almost every play. He elevates the players around him and is double teamed most of the time. Both of the sacks he had last night were when he completely bulled both the guard and the center. He also has almost caught the handoff twice in the last two games now.

I like Rod Coleman. Rod Coleman ain't Tommie Harris. And while Kevin Williams might have been an elite DT in his first few years, his play has dropped off a bit for whatever reason. In terms of disruption I don't think anyone is better than Tommie (although I'd accept Shaun Rogers as just all around better). In terms of stopping the run I'd be glad to give you Henderson, Stroud, Hampton, etc. But nobody penetrates the interior line like Tommie. At least nobody that I've seen.

Old 10-02-2006, 10:38 AM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

id have him top for me because he has his best years ahead of him, he has 5 sacks in 4 games :shock: which is awesome for a DT and also hes finally hit that next level which has made him reach his full potential, who knows, there may be more room for improvement
stephenson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 10:45 AM    (permalink
Basileus777
All-Pro

Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He is a top 3 DT along with Shaun Rogers and John Henderson (ignoring players in a 3-4) . He is probably the best pass rushing 1 gap DT in the NFL. Kris Jenkins and Kevin Williams might be in this discussion if it was 2 or 3 years ago, but right now they are not playing up to their potential.
Basileus777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 10:47 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basileus777
He is a top 3 DT along with Shaun Rogers and John Henderson (ignoring 3-4 NTs) . He is probably the best pass rushing 1 gap DT in the NFL. Kris Jenkins and Kevin Williams might be in this discussion if it was 2 or 3 years ago, but right now they are not playing up to their potential.
I agree on Kevin Williams but Jenkins is playing pretty damn well again. It wasn't that he ws playing badly, the guy was hurt the last two years. The guy played in 5 games the last two seasons. Is it any suprise that Peppers is looking better than he has the last two seasons once Jenkins came back.
Old 10-02-2006, 10:54 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Quote:
He is a top 3 DT along with Shaun Rogers and John Henderson (ignoring 3-4 NTs) . He is probably the best pass rushing 1 gap DT in the NFL. Kris Jenkins and Kevin Williams might be in this discussion if it was 2 or 3 years ago, but right now they are not playing up to their potential.
I agree on Kevin Williams but Jenkins is playing pretty damn well again. It wasn't that he ws playing badly, the guy was hurt the last two years. The guy played in 5 games the last two seasons. Is it any suprise that Peppers is looking better than he has the last two seasons once Jenkins came back.
The fact that Jenkins is about a 20% to make it through a 16 game season is all the more reason to preclude him from this discussion. And so far the Panthers D does not look impressive at all. Is it that hard to remember the Falcons absolutely steam-rolling them in week 1?

Old 10-02-2006, 11:01 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
The fact that Jenkins is about a 20% to make it through a 16 game season is all the more reason to preclude him from this discussion. And so far the Panthers D does not look impressive at all. Is it that hard to remember the Falcons absolutely steam-rolling them in week 1?
Thats just one game, the first of the year, against the number 1 rushing team in the NFL. And no one is even close to the Falcons rushing attack. Since then they have looked very well. But the problem with the Panthers is their LBs. Both Jenkins and Peppers have played very well.
Old 10-02-2006, 11:45 AM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Best in the league, no discussion? No way. He certainly makes a case for a top 5 DT, and probably is, but to say he's the best with no discussion is just silly.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 11:53 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would not say the best yet but he is dam close hell of a player!!!