Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 08-31-2010, 04:32 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
Some of these posts are hilarious.
including yours?
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 04:35 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was always good at hedging my statements, sir.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 04:42 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
I was always good at hedging my statements, sir.
There's a flaming vagina in your avi

Leinart reference!
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 05:12 PM    (permalink
San Diego Chicken
Pro Bowler

San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Arizona should have traded Leinart two years ago. Now they can't get anything for him. If you don't want him around, why string him along?
Old 08-31-2010, 06:42 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

According to Jay Glazer he is being shopped around, has play good enough to be worth a conditional 5th maybe bumps up to a 4th if he hits certain numbers

My guess is Washington

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 06:58 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-matt-leinart/

Definitely being shopped, but his contract blows up in 2011 so it's unlikely he gets moved. He'll probably be outright cut.
Old 08-31-2010, 07:08 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You can tell my posts were from my drinking days, it's a good thing I gave that up. :)
Old 08-31-2010, 07:26 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seattle??

Man, if he's a division rival... he's going to try his hardest to take it out on the cards. keyword: try

I could see him succeeding there with Carroll.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 07:36 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
Is Leinart getting screwed over this pre-season?

Last I checked, his stats are 19/23 with a passer rating of over 100. And that's without Fitzgerald playing in any of them, and of course without Boldin.

So obviously he doesn't have as much to work with as normal, but still, 23 passes, only 4 have hit the ground. It hasn't led to many points though, but isn't that what we get from guys like David Garrard and Mark Sanchez?

I don't like Leinart, but I think he's getting hosed a bit. He can only do so much with what he's been given..... anyone who doesn't think Fitzgerald won't make a difference in terms of more yardage and points?

(I used the search for titles with Leinart, and all were old. Didn't want to create another thread, so here we go here.... interesting look back as well. Shiver, lol.)

How many incompletions did you expect him to have when he's checking it down and throwing swing passes to RB's constantly? You won't win a game that way, or generate any points, which is the one stat you consistently left off in your post. Instead of focusing on completions, look at how many 1st downs he's completed or how many scoring drives he's led.

He had his first start back in 2006 evidenced by this thread, he came from a pro style offense, he was a top 10 pick, there is no reason at all he should be still looking pitiful out on the field like he does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 07:50 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-matt-leinart/

Definitely being shopped, but his contract blows up in 2011 so it's unlikely he gets moved. He'll probably be outright cut.
none of that is guaranteed, was built so the team would be forced to renegotiate

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 08:04 PM    (permalink
Bucs_Rule
Veteran

Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't see any team giving up much since they know the Cardinals would only shop him if they are likely going to release him.

I can't see a team give up much for a guy that won't throw the ball more then 8 yards down the field. At least throw it 10 so you can pick up a first down on one pass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
There's a flaming vagina in your avi

Leinart reference!
Oh that was disappointing. I looked at his avatar and saw something from Hobbits dreams. It instead of something that I thought couldn't exist and after 3 seconds of thinking otherwise I am back to my original assessment.

Last edited by Bucs_Rule : 08-31-2010 at 08:07 PM.
Bucs_Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 09:25 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
How many incompletions did you expect him to have when he's checking it down and throwing swing passes to RB's constantly? You won't win a game that way, or generate any points, which is the one stat you consistently left off in your post. Instead of focusing on completions, look at how many 1st downs he's completed or how many scoring drives he's led.
That's where YAC come into play.
Look, I don't like Leinart at all, think he's a punk and was stupid to stay at USC for his senior year, and dumber yet for knocking up an ugly USC basketball player when he should have been banging Playmates and cheerleaders only.

However, he's been playing with dogcrap this preaseason, no Fitzgerard or Boldin of course. But he's been playing against 1st string defenses. His team has been overmatched and his receivers, backs, TEs etc aren't getting open and the ones who are haven't gotten any YAC for him.

The QB rating system is flawed, but his is a lot better than Anderson's is.
Neither guy has looked good because the bottom line is points, and wins.

Still, I think Leinart is getting hosed a little bit here. If Anderson had played well or lit it up, yeah, that's another story. But both guys have done little, partly because they aren't playing their best WR and lost their #2 in the off-season.

Remember, Kurt Warner was washed up in St Louis, and then NYG, but when he got to have Fitzgerald and Boldin, all of a sudden he became a Hall of Famer again. WR's make a difference.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 10:42 AM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want nothing to do with Matt Leinart. I can't believe the Raiders are actually involved in preliminary trade discussions for this guy, unless there is valid reason for concern with Campbell's injury. He's everything I don't want in a Raiders QB, and that includes intangibles.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 11:26 AM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
Seattle??

Man, if he's a division rival... he's going to try his hardest to take it out on the cards. keyword: try

I could see him succeeding there with Carroll.

Doubt Carroll would go after him after acquiring Charlie Whitehurst and fans around here want a differant guy to be the savior here and he plays about 3 miles north of Qwest field.

As for Lineart his play in the preseason is probably a little too criticized seeing as he's been without Larry Fitzgerald, and Anquan Boldin for that matter.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 11:38 AM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm sure Wisenhunt's decision stems far more from seeing Leinart practice every single day for the last three years than it does with three preseason games. Call me crazy.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 11:56 AM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
According to Jay Glazer he is being shopped around, has play good enough to be worth a conditional 5th maybe bumps up to a 4th if he hits certain numbers

My guess is Washington
Probably deserved its own thread, but espn.com says he's trade bait. I know they tend to manufacture stories on that website, but this seems legit.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5518740

From top draft pick to prerelease, decline & fall! I realize the rules in Zona & for the Bidwill Family are different where they commit franchise suicide from time to time, like good players turned into Pro Bowlers who take them to the Big Show then told to hit the road when they want more $, but this is plain freaking dumb when you consider the alternative is Derek Anderson, & behind him 2 rookies.

Maybe 619 is right, if the Raiders are serious about trading for him that says a lot about the severity of Campbell's injury.

Last edited by LizardState : 09-01-2010 at 12:10 PM.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 02:14 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Al Davis is probably still thinking Kenny Stabler is going to walk through the front door so interest in Matt would probably make some sense. I'm just hoping Pete isnt interested up in Seattle. He didnt seem to want Reggie Bush so doubt he would want Lineart, but stupidity isnt uncommon in this town.
Old 09-01-2010, 02:15 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rumors that he is going to the Giants:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ade-to-giants/
Old 09-01-2010, 02:18 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Makes no sense for us to waste a draft pick and money on him. Gradkowski is a very good back up and should maybe even be a start in the league and Boller has looked decent as our 3rd string guy. If Campbell is out the first week or 2 Im fine with Gradkowski. In a way Im actually pulling for him to beat out Campbell

EDIT:
Quote:
ESPN’s Adam Schefter is once again making untrue statements about The Oakland Raiders, this time regarding Matt Leinart. The Raiders have never discussed trading for Leinart.

The Raiders are very happy about their quarterback situation.
http://www.raiders.com/news/article-...e-3719312a9320

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

Last edited by RaiderNation : 09-01-2010 at 02:23 PM.
RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 02:22 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Wow, that would suck for Leinart.

Isn't Buffalo a natural fit?
We know first-hand that Brian Brohm ain't the future.

Who's Washington's QB of the future after McNabb breaks down?
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 02:48 PM    (permalink
BigBanger
Veteran

BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
Makes no sense for us to waste a draft pick and money on him. Gradkowski is a very good back up and should maybe even be a start in the league and Boller has looked decent as our 3rd string guy. If Campbell is out the first week or 2 Im fine with Gradkowski. In a way Im actually pulling for him to beat out Campbell

EDIT:

http://www.raiders.com/news/article-...e-3719312a9320
Leinart's arm is not strong enough to be a Raider.

He's like Brady Quinn, he just checks it down on every play. Pretty boring offense that has never worked and never will.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PossibleCabbage View Post
I would like it if there were more successful black Quarterbacks in the NFL...
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
iamcandian lives in a cabin in the Yukon Territory and writes letters to railroad barons about the price of hard tack.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorsBullsFan View Post
I could possibly see Matthew Stafford Dropping out of the 1st round
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoRavens View Post
Tahj Boyd has the best fundamentals of any QB in this class, I think his game translates great to the NFL.
BigBanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 03:53 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

It makes sense they need a back up.
Old 09-01-2010, 04:26 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
It makes sense they need a back up.
I'd rather Rhett Bomar.
Old 09-01-2010, 04:51 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Anquan Boldin gives his two cents on the matter.

http://sportsradiointerviews.com/201...he-next-level/

Quote:
On the quarterback situation in Arizona Ė specifically how Matt Leinart hasnít secured the starting job and if heís surprised by that:

ďHonestly no. Thatís just because Iíve been there and witnessed the relationship between both Matt and Coach Whisenhunt. So Iím actually not surprised. I donít really want to speak too much on that because itís not my problem. If it doesnít refer to anybody in black and purple, I really could care less.Ē
Old 09-01-2010, 04:52 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow apparently the cards are still talking to kurt warner?
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote