Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-08-2010, 04:51 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Word on the street is that Whisenhunt really likes Max Hall.

I don't know if that's true or just an unsubstantiated rumor though.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 09:20 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
Hmmm.... I never bought into all those conspiracy theories that stated Whisenhunt was out to get him and didn't like him but I'm starting to buy into it more and more now.

Seeing how Whisenhunt soured his relationship with Big Ben, Boldin, Edge, Leinart and now Beanie Wells, I really think he's playing a game of favorites with his players and it looks to be costing the team.

Driving home at like 12am I was listening to an LA sports radio show called JT and Vic the Brick and they were talking about Coaches who believe in their coaching ability more than the players (ie. Belicheck vs. Moss) saying how Whisenhunt believes he was directly responsible for their recent success and thinks he could have plug and played any players into his system and got similar results.

I hope this doesn't end up kicking themselves in the ass.

Considering how GOD AWFUL Derek Anderson has been can we really believe Whisenhunt saw enough good about him to be like "that is our guy for the season"

Agreed.

For Whisenhunt to bring in DEREK ANDERSON as if he were the 'answer' at QB, well, I for one question the man's player evaluation skills, especially at QB.

Basically he lucked up into Kurt Warner, and has been down on Leinart forever.

Leinart was given a fraction of the amount of games to prove himself that most top picks are given, and I still don't believe USC made Leinart 'look' good.
IMO Leinart was a beast in college who made several mediocre WRs look like major pro prospects.

Granted his arm is pedestrian, but it's still adequate by NFL standards.

I think Whisenhunt didn't like Leinart from the moment he was hired to be the Cards HC, and now after reclamation project Anderson pooped himself, he's starting a rookie.
Old 10-10-2010, 09:10 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
He's come down crashing though, and the reason seems pointed to his personal relationship with the players. It's my way or the highway. It works for some coaches (Parcells/Belichick) though.
It works for Parcells and Belichick because they build the culture of the team around their ways. It's what KC has been doing the last 2 years. Whisenhunt never built that team up to be about his deal. He just went in there and expected all of the players to automatically be on board with his style. It's not so bad when you're winning, but when you start losing just a little bit it will all come crashing down.
Old 10-10-2010, 10:06 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
Agreed.

For Whisenhunt to bring in DEREK ANDERSON as if he were the 'answer' at QB, well, I for one question the man's player evaluation skills, especially at QB.

Basically he lucked up into Kurt Warner, and has been down on Leinart forever.

Leinart was given a fraction of the amount of games to prove himself that most top picks are given, and I still don't believe USC made Leinart 'look' good.
IMO Leinart was a beast in college who made several mediocre WRs look like major pro prospects.

Granted his arm is pedestrian, but it's still adequate by NFL standards.

I think Whisenhunt didn't like Leinart from the moment he was hired to be the Cards HC, and now after reclamation project Anderson pooped himself, he's starting a rookie.
Just because it's an opinion doesn't mean it can't be wrong, and in this case your opinion is wrong, Dwayne Jarrett and BMW dominated in college because no one could match them physically. So Leinart just had to lob it up to them and they'd come down with it. That's not an opinion, that's what that USC team did. Steve Smith was the only WR there who didn't rely on his freakish athletic gifts.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote