Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 04-27-2007, 01:30 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
Akers is an icon in Philly. He's a huge fan favorite. He's also working out all offseason in Philly, so he was an easy choice to market the team. The Eagles probably also wanted to appease some of the latent racism in their blue collar fanbase by having a white player model the jersies. It had to be a factor there.
Really? They don't like the black players in Philly?
Old 04-27-2007, 01:31 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They don't mind the black players in Philly, but they also like to see the white players recognized or represented. It's very latent, but it still exists. Regardless, Akers is a top-5 jersey seller for the Eagles, so why not put him out there?

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 01:34 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
They don't mind the black players in Philly, but they also like to see the white players recognized or represented. It's very latent, but it still exists. Regardless, Akers is a top-5 jersey seller for the Eagles, so why not put him out there?
Come to think of it, if you were to put a white face to represent the Eagles, Akers is probably the only guy who fits the bill. Maybe Runyan. But from what Ive heard, Eagle fans aren't the biggest Runyan fans.
Old 04-27-2007, 01:39 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Eagles fans like Runyan fine, but Akers won the 4th and 26 game and has been pretty consistent over the years. He is also very fan friendly and signs a ton of autographs.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Old 04-27-2007, 01:41 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
The Eagles fans like Runyan fine, but Akers won the 4th and 26 game and has been pretty consistent over the years. He is also very fan friendly and signs a ton of autographs.
Usually during Eagles Giants games, I hear philly fans tearin him a new arse. But then again, thats probably because he's Strahan's wipping boy over the years.

Akers is a very solid kicker. I think he's top 3 in the league. I think Vinatieri, then Stover, then Akers.
Old 04-27-2007, 01:43 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

That is a fair assessment. I like Akers quite a bit. He has a lot of range and is consistent. He also mixes it up on special teams and will tackle on the kick returns. 2 years ago, he actually broke his nose making a tackle on a return.

Old 04-27-2007, 01:52 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That is a fair assessment. I like Akers quite a bit. He has a lot of range and is consistent. He also mixes it up on special teams and will tackle on the kick returns. 2 years ago, he actually broke his nose making a tackle on a return.
And got rouged up on the Giants sideline.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjaTQ0EPyRM
Old 04-27-2007, 01:54 PM    (permalink
DraftMasterG
Rookie

DraftMasterG needs more cowbell.

negative repped for blinding me
DraftMasterG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 01:54 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post

Before this turns out to be a Giants/Eagles war...for the record, its hard to argue that Akers didn't deserve an asswhoopin for what he did. He tried getting a little too cute, and paid the price for it.

He's lucky Feeley saved him. That couldve gotten real ugly.
Old 04-27-2007, 01:57 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
if Akers manages to sell one (1) of those ulgy jerseys he is one hell of a salesman. Those things are hidious. And the one fan he sells that jersey to would of course have to be put down for his own good.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 01:57 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Before this turns out to be a Giants/Eagles war...for the record, its hard to argue that Akers didn't deserve an asswhoopin for what he did. He tried getting a little too cute, and paid the price for it.

He's lucky Feeley saved him. That couldve gotten real ugly.
I always think of that commerical where Akers gets picked last of all the football stars for the pick up game. I believe it was a Reebok commercial. Thats the way I imagine him to be. The dorky kicker who just wants to fit in. Tried to be a tough guy that one time and get roughed up a bit.
Old 04-27-2007, 02:01 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
I always think of that commerical where Akers gets picked last of all the football stars for the pick up game. I believe it was a Reebok commercial. Thats the way I imagine him to be. The dorky kicker who just wants to fit in. Tried to be a tough guy that one time and get roughed up a bit.
Lol, thats a good analogy.

I got money on Feeley if they ever threw down. Feeley is pretty jacked for a kicker.
Old 04-27-2007, 02:03 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Lol, thats a good analogy.

I got money on Feeley if they ever threw down. Feeley is pretty jacked for a kicker.
If only he could kick as good as Akers he might still be a Giant.

I think Feely comes from a family of all Marines. And the only reason he wasn't one was because he could kick a football.
Old 04-27-2007, 02:08 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
If only he could kick as good as Akers he might still be a Giant.

I think Feely comes from a family of all Marines. And the only reason he wasn't one was because he could kick a football.
I think his broken foot scared Reese off. He wasn't that bad of a kicker at all. But after he broke his foot, he could barely kick, and I think Reese is shying away from anyone with any type of injury.

In a division where games are gonna be closely fought, Im not so sure how I feel about having a rook FG kicker as our guy. That could be a serious issue.
Old 04-27-2007, 02:08 PM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I didn't think they were that bad.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 02:10 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

These jersies are no worse than some of the actual team jersies from the 1970's and 1980's.

Old 04-27-2007, 02:14 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma View Post
I'd buy it.
if u really want to here is the link to do so.
http://store.philadelphiaeagles.com/...?deptcode1=582

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 02:16 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Adam Podlesh would kick all punters/kickers a$$ess
Okay jerseys
Im still waiting for Green Bay to wear these
http://www.nflshop.com/product/index...entPage=family

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 02:28 PM    (permalink
Creek
Hall of Famer
Pro Bowler

Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

That's not fair, he was outnumbered. One on one with anyone on the Giants, Akers is winning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snuff View Post
Yeah, good joke. Awesome.
Creek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 02:30 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creek Lewis View Post
That's not fair, he was outnumbered. One on one with anyone on the Giants, Akers is winning.
Funny. You are quite the comedian Creek. I think Coughlin could kick Aker's ass.
Old 04-27-2007, 02:31 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

I think Akers could beat Coughlin at Madden.

Old 04-27-2007, 02:32 PM    (permalink
JF4
Pro Bowler

JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I kind of like them, for a one game thing, why the hell not.

stephenson86
JF4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 02:33 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
I think there is a good chance Coughlin doesn't know what Madden is. Ha.
Old 04-27-2007, 02:38 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
He probably would. Bc Coughlin would just come out with 3/4 WRs on every play and streak everybody.

*sigh*......
Old 04-27-2007, 03:03 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He probably would. Bc Coughlin would just come out with 3/4 WRs on every play and streak everybody.

*sigh*......
I do believe Coughlin could make the Madden version of Eli cry.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote