Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-15-2006, 10:46 PM    (permalink
cgf

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Windy City Big Gamer Uno
did eli play well today?
not really. 17-30 180 2 Tds and 2 ints, Rivers is better and I have said it since there college days. They will both be amazing down the road.
Rivers isn't better than eli as ELi has shown he is clutch, rivers hasn't
Old 10-15-2006, 10:48 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgf
Quote:
Quote:
did eli play well today?
not really. 17-30 180 2 Tds and 2 ints, Rivers is better and I have said it since there college days. They will both be amazing down the road.
rivers has yet to get his chance. Overall I think he is the better of the two.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 10:49 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgf
Quote:
Quote:
did eli play well today?
Clutch is winning a playoff game. Not rallying to beat the Eagles in week 2.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 10:56 PM    (permalink
cgf

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgf
Quote:
Quote:
did eli play well today?
How bout ralying to beat an AFC championship game caliber Denver team in denver last november, in his first year starting. ELi is a QB who has proven to money late in games, period, there's no denying that fact.
Old 10-15-2006, 11:00 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgf
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgf
Quote:
Quote:
did eli play well today?
How bout ralying to beat an AFC championship game caliber Denver team in denver last november, in his first year starting. ELi is a QB who has proven to money late in games, period, there's no denying that fact.
Nope. Try again. The only QB of the bunch that has won a meaningful game is Big Ben, and there's no denying that fact.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 11:01 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eli is good because of his supporting cast, IMO. I still believe he will be great one day but, if say Tiki or Plax went down, would Eli play well.... I doubt it.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 10-15-2006, 11:02 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Eli is good because of his supporting cast, IMO. I still believe he will be great one day but, if say Tiki or Plax went down, would Eli play well.... I doubt it.
Eli played his best half of the season without Plax.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 11:04 PM    (permalink
Concord83

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgf
Quote:
Quote:
did eli play well today?

ben and philip had great games today. eli had a horrible first half but rallied in the 2nd. seems like the story of his career so far. oh, and yes, eli was TOTALLY clutch against the panthers in the playoffs last year. god he owned them.
Old 10-15-2006, 11:07 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10
Quote:
Thats surprising. Anyway, if Tiki were to go down... he'd be screwed. Right now he is just driving the bus, he isnt really great by any means. He will be one day, as of right now, I say he is good not great and is not on the same level of a Philip Rivers.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 10-16-2006, 06:26 AM    (permalink
marks01234
Veteran

marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For every clutch Eli performance, there is a Carolina Panthers disaster performance.
marks01234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 11:03 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Thats surprising. Anyway, if Tiki were to go down... he'd be screwed. Right now he is just driving the bus, he isnt really great by any means. He will be one day, as of right now, I say he is good not great and is not on the same level of a Philip Rivers.
1. Didn't you also say Drew Bledsoe is better than Eli Manning? How did that one turn out?

2. Eli Manning has played well this year inspite of Tiki Barber outside of this Falcons game. Before the redskins game, Tiki was averaging roughly 50 yards on the ground against Philly and Seattle and Eli was carrying our offense. Thats a weak argument, anyone who watches the Giants will tell you that Eli can do very well without Barber out of the backfield

3. Eli had his best half without Plaxico Burress in the lineup. In fact, he hits Toomer just as much as Plax

4. You also used to use "inaccuracy" and completion % as an excuse. Well, Eli is 3rd in the league in completion %.

5. Phillip Rivers supporting cast is just as good if not better than Elis. Plus he has a far superior oline. Don't use supporting cast as a reason to knock Eli then turn around and say Rivers doesn't have at the very least equal talent.

6. Driving the bus is what Ben did, throwing 19 times. Eli throws over 30 times a game, and has the 2nd most TDs in the league. The only guy ahead of him is McNabb and he didn't have the bye yet. Eli Manning is also 6th in the league in yards. Thats not "driving the bus", thats carrying the offense.
Old 10-16-2006, 11:06 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snortie
Nice to see, Ben shutting all you haters up. Funny how you all want to be the first to make mad monkey love to Eli and want to just make up excuses for Bens success in his young career. Just goes to show, Ben can lead a team, wether you want to admit it or not. Now of course, 1 game doesn't mean he won't make mistakes this season, but to call for his benching, and say he is overrated is just plain stupid. He is just as valuable to his team, as any other qb in the league.
PLEASE. He went 16-19 and had a good game. You know why? BECAUSE HE THREW IT 19 TIMES...thats why. If anything, he's proven our point about him being a game manager. The diapers came back on yesterday, and he plays well. Do you honestly think Charlie Batch couldn't make the same throws yesterday? I saw the whole game, Ben's first read was open every time he threw the ball. And they weren't just open, they were ridiculously open, like there wasn't a defender within 15 yards of them. Give me a break. Ben will shut us up when he WINS a game with 30+ throws. Let's see him do that. Gradkowski couldve won you yesterday's game. 19 throws is a joke.
Old 10-16-2006, 11:19 AM    (permalink
glennjamen3
Rookie

glennjamen3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

all three are going to be phenomenal qb's... but can we cut the ***** about ben being horrible. you can say he just manages games, i mean you cant really argue that i guess but if you watch him play i dont think you'd be saying the same thing. he makes throws when he needs to, he has won games on his arm, and hes poised as anybody. i think its a little silly to come in here after 4 bad games and say that he is terrible because hes had many more good ones to go along with it.

as far as eli or rivers? its kind of hard since philip has only played in a couple games but ill give him the slight edge since he had no problem with going to san diego in the first place.

Thank you Jimmy for the sig.
glennjamen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 11:23 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennjamen3
all three are going to be phenomenal qb's... but can we cut the *********** about ben being horrible. you can say he just manages games, i mean you cant really argue that i guess but if you watch him play i dont think you'd be saying the same thing. he makes throws when he needs to, he has won games on his arm, and hes poised as anybody. i think its a little silly to come in here after 4 bad games and say that he is terrible because hes had many more good ones to go along with it.

as far as eli or rivers? its kind of hard since philip has only played in a couple games but ill give him the slight edge since he had no problem with going to san diego in the first place.
I agree to an extent. I actually was one of the guys here who has supported Ben against the hate. But to say that he's proving the haters wrong is inaccurate. No one here said that he can't win games. He obviously can. We question his ability to put the offense on his shoulders and carry the offense like great qbs do. He hasn't done that yet, and has failed miserably when put in that situation. Until he does, I cannot put him on the same level as Eli or Rivers. But yes, saying Ben stinks is very inaccurate.
Old 10-16-2006, 11:23 AM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense
Quote:
Nice to see, Ben shutting all you haters up. Funny how you all want to be the first to make mad monkey love to Eli and want to just make up excuses for Bens success in his young career. Just goes to show, Ben can lead a team, wether you want to admit it or not. Now of course, 1 game doesn't mean he won't make mistakes this season, but to call for his benching, and say he is overrated is just plain stupid. He is just as valuable to his team, as any other qb in the league.
PLEASE. He went 16-19 and had a good game. You know why? BECAUSE HE THREW IT 19 TIMES...thats why. If anything, he's proven our point about him being a game manager. The diapers came back on yesterday, and he plays well. Do you honestly think Charlie Batch couldn't make the same throws yesterday? I saw the whole game, Ben's first read was open every time he threw the ball. And they weren't just open, they were ridiculously open, like there wasn't a defender within 15 yards of them. Give me a break. Ben will shut us up when he WINS a game with 30+ throws. Let's see him do that. Gradkowski couldve won you yesterday's game. 19 throws is a joke.
He doesn't have to throw it more than that. He brings them to the lead and then the defense does the rest. Seriously are that big of a hater? Or are you just not very smart? Maybe if your team could actually hold a lead year after year, you might not have to throw the ball 30+ times a game. Also, if you lost Barber, there is no way Eli could lead that team. Say what you will, but you really ought to look into the game, not your heart.
Old 10-16-2006, 11:35 AM    (permalink
Zim3031
Pro Bowler

Zim3031 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
1. Didn't you also say Drew Bledsoe is better than Eli Manning? How did that one turn out?

2. Eli Manning has played well this year inspite of Tiki Barber outside of this Falcons game. Before the redskins game, Tiki was averaging roughly 50 yards on the ground against Philly and Seattle and Eli was carrying our offense. Thats a weak argument, anyone who watches the Giants will tell you that Eli can do very well without Barber out of the backfield

3. Eli had his best half without Plaxico Burress in the lineup. In fact, he hits Toomer just as much as Plax

4. You also used to use "inaccuracy" and completion % as an excuse. Well, Eli is 3rd in the league in completion %.

5. Phillip Rivers supporting cast is just as good if not better than Elis. Plus he has a far superior oline. Don't use supporting cast as a reason to knock Eli then turn around and say Rivers doesn't have at the very least equal talent.

6. Driving the bus is what Ben did, throwing 19 times. Eli throws over 30 times a game, and has the 2nd most TDs in the league. The only guy ahead of him is McNabb and he didn't have the bye yet. Eli Manning is also 6th in the league in yards. Thats not "driving the bus", thats carrying the offense.
The Giants haven't been conistent offensively until Tiki started rolling. The only win before Tiki broke out was a miracle comeback against the Eagles, And even then the Giants had only one good quarter. There's no way the Giants could've conistently won like that every game.

I don't see how you can say that Eli carried the offense in Seattle, seeing as how he threw the game away in the first quarter and only padded his stats in a meaningless fourth quarter.

And surely you saw the Atlanta game. Eli was downright awful. Surely you can't really believe that Eli would've saved the day in the end. Tiki and is 227 yard performance was to thank for their second half offensive explosion.

Let's not forget that Eli is also second in the league in interceptions. This offense lives and dies on Tiki. Eli's not quite ready to carry the offense.
Zim3031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 11:36 AM    (permalink
marks01234
Veteran

marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't know about this one. I'll agree that the supporting cast are a push, the Chargers OL is far from superior to anybody espically in the passing game.
marks01234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 11:37 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
He doesn't have to throw it more than that. He brings them to the lead and then the defense does the rest. Seriously are that big of a hater? Or are you just not very smart? Maybe if your team could actually hold a lead year after year, you might not have to throw the ball 30+ times a game. Also, if you lost Barber, there is no way Eli could lead that team. Say what you will, but you really ought to look into the game, not your heart.
1.Read back at all the comments Ive said in this thread. You'll see that Ive defended Ben against all the "bench him now" talk.

2. No one with a brain is saying that he stinks. We're saying that he is a game manager. He is not on the same level as Eli or Rivers because he has proven throughout his career that when you need him to carry the offense, he fails. Now prior to the past 2 games, Ive said Ben is still better than Rivers at the moment. But Ive now changed my tune after seeing Rivers put up great games 2 time in a row throwing for 35+ times. Thats 2 more games than Ben his whole 3 year career. Now, can Ben win games? Of course. Can he lead the Steelers? Yes he can. But can he lead a team with his arm? No, he can't. Not yet at least. All this talk about him being a top 10 qb in the league prior to the season was inaccurate. When you say he shut us up, you are wrong. All he did was manage the game to a victory, which is what we've been trying to say this whole time. Before he can shut any "haters" up, we need to see him carry the offense. Not throw 19 balls to his first read off PA pass. Thats not leading the team. Thats managing it.
Old 10-16-2006, 11:38 AM    (permalink
frogstomp

1. Manning

2. Rivers

3. Big Ben

Ben has won, yes, but look at what he does. With better receivers, a better line, and a better defense, he put up

168 62.7 2385 8.90 17 9 98.6 last year.

You know how everyone says Vick is overrated?

214 55.3 2412 6.23 15 13 73.1 last year.

And that's not including rushing yards, in a "bad" season for Vick. So, how is Big Ben one of the top 5 QB's to Steeler fans while Vick is a horrible player? Hmm...

Anyways, Rivers and Eli are both significantly better QB's than Big Ben, from what I've seen of them so far.
Old 10-16-2006, 11:43 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zim3031
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

The Giants haven't been conistent offensively until Tiki started rolling. The only win before Tiki broke out was a miracle comeback against the Eagles, And even then the Giants had only one good quarter. There's no way the Giants could've conistently won like that every game.

I don't see how you can say that Eli carried the offense in Seattle, seeing as how he threw the game away in the first quarter and only padded his stats in a meaningless fourth quarter.

And surely you saw the Atlanta game. Eli was downright awful. Surely you can't really believe that Eli would've saved the day in the end. Tiki and is 227 yard performance was to thank for their second half offensive explosion.

Let's not forget that Eli is also second in the league in interceptions. This offense lives and dies on Tiki. Eli's not quite ready to carry the offense.
That game against the Eagles, Eli played well the entire game. His oline finally gave him time in the 4th and he did great, but Eli himself was playing extremely well the entire game when he had time to throw the ball.

Against Seattle, yes he played horrible in the 1st quarter. But even before the 4th, he was playing real well in the 2nd and 3rd quarter. Like we've said before (this has been beaten to absolute death), its not Eli's fault his WR's dropped 2 surefire TD passes and had a fumble in the 2nd and 3rd quarter. Also make no mistake, Seattle was playing the 4th quarter tight after Eli started to come back, and they still couldn't stop him.

Eli was not horrible against Atlanta. He had a rough start, but he was unconscious in the 2nd half. Did you even watch the game? He had a bad first half, but was real good in the 2nd. And thats against a great pass defense in Atlanta.

I will accept the point on INTs. I can point out that at least half of his INTs were off his WR's hands/chest...but INTs are INTs at the end of the day. Yes, he needs to be a little more careful with the ball, but outside of the INTs, he has really shut all the haters up. I noticed there is a TON of Eli hate on this board, and everyone is just looking for a new excuse to rag on him, but you can't deny his ability. Sooner or later, all you guys are just gonna have to deal with it.
Old 10-16-2006, 11:45 AM    (permalink
Basileus777
All-Pro

Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frogstomp
1. Manning

2. Rivers

3. Big Ben

Ben has won, yes, but look at what he does. With better receivers, a better line, and a better defense, he put up

And that's not including rushing yards, in a "bad" season for Vick. So, how is Big Ben one of the top 5 QB's to Steeler fans while Vick is a horrible player? Hmm...

Anyways, Rivers and Eli are both significantly better QB's than Big Ben, from what I've seen of them so far.
Ben hasn't had better receivers than Eli since his rookie year. And are you actually claiming that Vick's numbers are as good as Ben's? Well besides having a 25 point better passer rating, Ben also competed 7% more of his passes for 2.7 more ypa. Ben also had more tds and less INTs with less attempts. The only reason the yardage numbers look similar is because Ben was hurt much of the year.
Basileus777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 11:48 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basileus777
Quote:
Originally Posted by frogstomp
1. Manning

2. Rivers

3. Big Ben

Ben hasn't had better receivers than Eli since his rookie year. And are you actually claiming that Vick's numbers are as good as Ben's? Well besides having a 25 point better passer rating, Ben also competed 7% more of his passes for 2.7 more ypa. Ben also had more tds and less INTs with less attempts. The only reason the yardage numbers look similar is because Ben was hurt much of the year.
How about all those screen passes Ben does for like 30+ yards? Those don't pad his stats? Michael Vick would be very capable in Pittsburgh's offensive scheme. Ben hasn't shown any more than Vick. And Steeler fans want to talk about poor WR cores, just look at ATL. Vick needs WRs badly.
Old 10-16-2006, 12:16 PM    (permalink
Zim3031
Pro Bowler

Zim3031 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
That game against the Eagles, Eli played well the entire game. His oline finally gave him time in the 4th and he did great, but Eli himself was playing extremely well the entire game when he had time to throw the ball.
The Giants put up a measly 7 points in the first 3 quarters. His offensive wasn't spectacular but he still had chances to make throws that he didn't make until the fourth quarter.

Quote:
Against Seattle, yes he played horrible in the 1st quarter. But even before the 4th, he was playing real well in the 2nd and 3rd quarter. Like we've said before (this has been beaten to absolute death), its not Eli's fault his WR's dropped 2 surefire TD passes and had a fumble in the 2nd and 3rd quarter. Also make no mistake, Seattle was playing the 4th quarter tight after Eli started to come back, and they still couldn't stop him.
The Giants were down by 32 points by halftime, and 39 by the fourth quarter. Eli played absolutely horribly. No way in Hell does shredding up the second team playing prevent even remotely matter to the outcome of the game.

Quote:
Eli was not horrible against Atlanta. He had a rough start, but he was unconscious in the 2nd half. Did you even watch the game? He had a bad first half, but was real good in the 2nd. And thats against a great pass defense in Atlanta.
As a matter of fact I did watch this game, seeing as how CBS refuses to put on any good games when the Giants are playing

Not horrible? Do i need to point out his stats at the beginning of this game? Eli did nothing in this game until Tiki started running the rock that the Giants offense started being explosive. That's because Tiki is the catalyst for this offense. Eli isn't quite there yet.

Quote:
I will accept the point on INTs. I can point out that at least half of his INTs were off his WR's hands/chest...but INTs are INTs at the end of the day. Yes, he needs to be a little more careful with the ball, but outside of the INTs, he has really shut all the haters up. I noticed there is a TON of Eli hate on this board, and everyone is just looking for a new excuse to rag on him, but you can't deny his ability. Sooner or later, all you guys are just gonna have to deal with it.
If by off their hands you mean 10 feet away from where they're supposed to be and where the receiver is stretching out just to tip them then you're right.

I in no way am an "Eli hater" I just see that Tiki is the key to this offense in every way. And until I see Eli conistently play football for four quarters I will remain that way
Zim3031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 12:28 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
The Giants put up a measly 7 points in the first 3 quarters. His offensive wasn't spectacular but he still had chances to make throws that he didn't make until the fourth quarter.
Chances? He had less than 2 seconds to let it go. The first drive, he has time, result is 7 points. Until the 4th he doesn't have time, in the 4th he does and he comes back. Also don't forget the costly penalties that kept bringing the offense backwards everytime they gathered momentum. Eli isn't the only one on that offense, other guys gotta do their job too.

Quote:
The Giants were down by 32 points by halftime, and 39 by the fourth quarter. Eli played absolutely horribly. No way in Hell does shredding up the second team playing prevent even remotely matter to the outcome of the game.
So Eli plays defense now? Even with those picks, if the defense limits them to field goals, and actually stopped the Hawks, Eli wouldn't have to throw every play. And Seattle's second team came in the beginning of the 4th. After 2 TDs, the starters came back and Eli faced blitzes etc. He still couldn't be stopped.

Quote:
As a matter of fact I did watch this game, seeing as how CBS refuses to put on any good games when the Giants are playing

Not horrible? Do i need to point out his stats at the beginning of this game? Eli did nothing in this game until Tiki started running the rock that the Giants offense started being explosive. That's because Tiki is the catalyst for this offense. Eli isn't quite there yet.
Eli is known as a 2nd half qb throughout his career. So now, you say he only played well in this game because of Tiki. Against Philly, he got lucky. Against Seattle, he padded his stats. Against Washington, you haven't provided an excuse yet but Im sure you can come up with something...but the point is, you have an excuse to discredit him every game. Thats not hating? Ask anyone who watches our games consistently and they'll tell you we'd be NOTHING without him. He is our offense. We can lose Tiki and still win games. We lose Eli for the season, and we're done. Period. Eli is more important to this offense than Tiki. By a mile. And ATL has an incredible pass D by the way. Even Peyton isn't unstoppable every quarter of every game.

Quote:
If by off their hands you mean 10 feet away from where they're supposed to be and where the receiver is stretching out just to tip them then you're right.

I in no way am an "Eli hater" I just see that Tiki is the key to this offense in every way. And until I see Eli conistently play football for four quarters I will remain that way
I can cite every single INT he threw and prove you wrong here, but its pointless. A lot of people have this preconceived idea that Eli is still inaccurate. Forget last season. This season he has been very accurate, one of the most accurate in the league in fact. I challenge you to show me any qb in NFL history that threw every single ball in the game in the right spot. If Eli throws even one bad ball, the whole world rags on him. Meanwhile, he's more accurate than McNabb but McNabb is an MVP candidate. Please. We also forget that he went against some very tough defenses. He doesn't have the liberty of playing KC or Oakland twice a year, nor does he have the liberty of playing Cleveland and Cinncy's D twice a year.
Old 10-16-2006, 12:44 PM    (permalink
eacantdraft
Pro Bowler

eacantdraft smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Quote:
When you complete 16 out of 19 for 12 yards per attempt, you don't need to throw it more. You Eli fangirls are laughable. The Giants won yesterday because of Tiki and defense. Eli barely completed more than half of his passes and that 6.0 ypa was fantastic :roll: Eli needed to throw 11 more times in order to complete 1 more pass than Ben.

The object of football is to win championships, not to please the fangirls and the fantasy geeks. Pittsburgh did it last year and Denver and San Diego are doing it this year. Run the ball and playing defense.

Eli showed he was effective yesterday as a game manager though he still has to learn to turn it on in the first half.
eacantdraft is offline   Reply With Quote