Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-16-2006, 04:59 PM    (permalink
Windy
All-Pro

Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Concord83
Obviously someone has never written a term paper before. And yes, I have quite a bit to look forward to. And, amazingly enough, I do know how to construct a coherent sentence. But thanks for analyzing my life anonymously over a message board like you have any clue who I am. It's helped me so much!! Maybe we can start assuming the other has never been to college and is working at a local fast food establishment too? Now THAT would be fun!

Get a life, doucheguzzler.

:) 8)
Windy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 05:00 PM    (permalink
frogstomp

Quote:
Obviously someone has never written a term paper before. And yes, I have quite a bit to look forward to. And, amazingly enough, I do know how to construct a coherent sentence. But thanks for analyzing my life anonymously over a message board like you have any clue who I am. It's helped me so much!! Maybe we can start assuming the other has never been to college and is working at a local fast food establishment too? Now THAT would be fun!

What does writing a term paper have to do with the fact that you were completely wrong, and simply can't admit it?

Oh wait. I forgot you still aren't even in the third grade, why would I expect anything more from you? :roll:

Oh, you also started a lot of sentences with "And." Perhaps you should work on that, or get a writing tutor.
Old 10-16-2006, 05:02 PM    (permalink
frogstomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stiller

Just simply stating the fact that if everyone thinks that ben is just a "Game Manager" and won't be elite, there's 3 QB's that are considered elite, winning games the same way ben does.

C) Givens > than Wilson/Washington. Reid Hasn't Played and Santonio is a Rookie. The Steelers WR's aren't exactly flattering.
Givens was on their team last year, not this year. It would be Givens against Randle El. Branch and Givens vs Ward and Randle El. Pretty much even, no?

Also, the Patriots run game was absolutely horrible last year.
Old 10-16-2006, 05:03 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frogstomp
Quote:

Just simply stating the fact that if everyone thinks that ben is just a "Game Manager" and won't be elite, there's 3 QB's that are considered elite, winning games the same way ben does.

C) Givens > than Wilson/Washington. Reid Hasn't Played and Santonio is a Rookie. The Steelers WR's aren't exactly flattering.
Givens was on their team last year, not this year. It would be Givens against Randle El. Branch and Givens vs Ward and Randle El. Pretty much even, no?

He's still just a game manager, by this boards standards.
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 05:05 PM    (permalink
Wynel

Quote:
Quote:

What does writing a term paper have to do with the fact that you were completely wrong, and simply can't admit it?

Oh wait. I forgot you still aren't even in the third grade, why would I expect anything more from you? :roll:

Oh, you also started a lot of sentences with "And." Perhaps you should work on that, or get a writing tutor.
You're turning this discussion worthless.
Old 10-16-2006, 05:05 PM    (permalink
frogstomp

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

No. The difference was that Brady put up over 4000 yards with a mediocre offense.
Old 10-16-2006, 05:06 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

No. The difference was that Brady put up over 4000 yards with a mediocre offense.
I'm talking this season.

He has losses when he throws over 30 times. Therefore he will never be anything more than a game Manager.
Old 10-16-2006, 05:08 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10
Mr. Stiller-

Since you value the ring oh-so-much when evaluating a QB...can you give me a rundown on your opinion of Dan Marino?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 05:09 PM    (permalink
frogstomp

Quote:

I'm talking this season.

He has losses when he throws over 30 times. Therefore he will never be anything more than a game Manager.
...what? How can you just talk about one season? If you talk about this season, Brady has better stats than Ben with a *much* worse offense. Why are you even bringing Brady into this, anyways? It makes no sense. You could bring Rivers into it, or Eli, since that is what this is about.
Old 10-16-2006, 05:10 PM    (permalink
Concord83

Quote:
Quote:

OHEMGEE!!! You didn't put a comma after "Oh" in your second paragraph!!! You've obviously not mastered 4th grade english!! Oh, that's right, why would I expect anything more from you?

Well, I'm sure if you'd ever bother to read any books, you'd know that there are countless authors who use the term "hypotheticals." :roll: Whether or not it's a recognized word is neither here nor there. The effect was the same and it was used correctly. Get over your wannabe-english-teacher self and make a valid point that doesn't have to do with grammar usage.

Oh, right. If you had a valid point, you would probably not be wasting time on parts of speech, right?
Old 10-16-2006, 05:11 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Quote:
Quote:

I'm talking this season.

...what? How can you just talk about one season? If you talk about this season, Brady has better stats than Ben with a *much* worse offense. Why are you even bringing Brady into this, anyways? It makes no sense. You could bring Rivers into it, or Eli, since that is what this is about.

I was pointing out. The main knock on Roeth is that when he passes over 30+ times, he loses. I was just pointing out that it's true for Brady and Palmer as well. Meaning if their Elite, and Roeth isn't, there's a totally biased view of what an elite QB is.

Brady's Line has played better and his WR's have been getting open. Up until yesterday, NE's entire offense was outplaying the Steelers.
Old 10-16-2006, 05:14 PM    (permalink
frogstomp

Quote:
OHEMGEE!!! You didn't put a comma after "Oh" in your second paragraph!!! You've obviously not mastered 4th grade english!! Oh, that's right, why would I expect anything more from you?

Well, I'm sure if you'd ever bother to read any books, you'd know that there are countless authors who use the term "hypotheticals." :roll: Whether or not it's a recognized word is neither here nor there. The effect was the same and it was used correctly. Get over your wannabe-english-teacher self and make a valid point that doesn't have to do with grammar usage.

Oh, right. If you had a valid point, you would probably not be wasting time on parts of speech, right?
I'm not arguing at all, I simply said that "hypotheticals" isn't a word. Which it isn't. You just came in out of nowhere and made the idiotic statement that it is. It isn't my fault you like to be on the wrong side of arguments. I'm sure you were there defending Rosie O'donnels heterosexuality.

Anyways, there's another author that uses terms that may or may not be recognized as "words." His name is Dr. Suess. He's around your reading level, so I'd pick up some of his books.
Old 10-16-2006, 05:17 PM    (permalink
frogstomp

Quote:
I was pointing out. The main knock on Roeth is that when he passes over 30+ times, he loses. I was just pointing out that it's true for Brady and Palmer as well. Meaning if their Elite, and Roeth isn't, there's a totally biased view of what an elite QB is.

Brady's Line has played better and his WR's have been getting open. Up until yesterday, NE's entire offense was outplaying the Steelers.
Look at Ben's stats over his career. He has less pass attempts than Vick, who runs the best run offense in the NFL. When you're throwing that little, it's hard to argue that you're doing much more than "managing the game."

Ben is a good QB. He will get better. He will be in the top 5 in the next couple of years. He is also starting to do more than just manage the game. I'm not arguing any of that. However, I am saying that I feel like Rivers and Manning will be the better quarterbacks. That's it.
Old 10-16-2006, 05:18 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I'm talking this season.

I think it's more he plays like trash when he throws 30+ times. Obviously if you're throwing 30+ times you aren't in front much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 05:19 PM    (permalink
Concord83

Aww, I love it when people on message boards post lame insults. It makes me smile and my day brighter. Nice try, lady. Maybe next time you can throw out the "yo mamma" jokes or maybe a really clever "knock, knock" joke. Those are always harsh. Last I checked, you were the one that brought out grammer in a post, so how did this turn into being my fault for saying he used it correctly? Just because a word isn't in Webster doesn't mean you can't use it.

regardless, this thread needs to get back on topic. this is the last i'm posting about what is or isn't a word. If you feel the need to get the last word in, be my guest.
Old 10-16-2006, 05:21 PM    (permalink
Basileus777
All-Pro

Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:

I'm not arguing at all, I simply said that "hypotheticals" isn't a word. Which it isn't.
Sorry, it is indeed a word.

http://dictionary.reference.com/sear...q=hypothetical
–noun
5. a hypothetical situation, instance, etc.: The Secretary of Defense refused to discuss hypotheticals with the reporters.

Don't worry, I'm sure you can find another lame semantical argument. Unless of course, dictionary.com is part of the pro-Ben conspiracy.
Basileus777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 05:22 PM    (permalink
frogstomp

Quote:
Aww, I love it when people on message boards post lame insults. It makes me smile and my day brighter. Nice try, lady. Maybe next time you can throw out the "yo mamma" jokes or maybe a really clever "knock, knock" joke. Those are always harsh. Last I checked, you were the one that brought out grammer in a post, so how did this turn into being my fault for saying he used it correctly? Just because a word isn't in Webster doesn't mean you can't use it.

regardless, this thread needs to get back on topic. this is the last i'm posting about what is or isn't a word. If you feel the need to get the last word in, be my guest.
Thank god. I was scared you were going to keep calling me made up names. :roll:

I never said he used anything incorrectly. I simply said that he used a word that isn't actually a word. You said it was. Wow. Hard to understand, isn't it?
Old 10-16-2006, 05:24 PM    (permalink
frogstomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basileus777
Quote:
Quote:

I'm not arguing at all, I simply said that "hypotheticals" isn't a word. Which it isn't.

–noun
5. a hypothetical situation, instance, etc.: The Secretary of Defense refused to discuss hypotheticals with the reporters.

Don't worry, I'm sure you can find another lame semantical argument.
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/hypotheticals :shock:
Old 10-16-2006, 05:25 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
going 15-1 as a rookie starter? Thats Common, no elite players haven't done this.
He had nothing to do with that. Kyle Orton had similar success as a rookie QB. Anybody can play that way, with stellar run offense and defense. I don't see anyone claiming Kyle Orton is an elite NFL QB because of his "W-L" record.

Quote:
Winning your first ever rookie playoff game? Thats common, Every rookie does this.
He did everything in his power to lose that game. He was lucky that the Jets didn't have a kicker.

Quote:
Winning a ring? Every QB gets his chance to do this.
Trent Dilfer won a ring, Dan Marino didn't. The Super Bowl is the epitomy of a team accomplishment.

Quote:
Being the youngest QB to ever win a superbowl? This is challenged yearly.
See above, he's better to be lucky than all that good.

Quote:
Leading a good team to 2 straight winning seasons, AFC Championships and a superbowl win? Eh, I'm tired of hearing this story, it's old, happens yearly.
He didn't "lead" anything. He played controlled football, while relying on a awesome Dick LeBeau defense and a phenomenal run blocking O-Line.

You can try as hard as you can, just keep doing it, keeping giving Ben all the credit for their success.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 05:26 PM    (permalink
Basileus777
All-Pro

Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

–noun

Don't worry, I'm sure you can find another lame semantical argument.
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/hypotheticals :shock:
Did you actually read my post? Dictionary.com uses the word in their example. Who cares if it has its own entry or not.
Basileus777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 05:27 PM    (permalink
Zim3031
Pro Bowler

Zim3031 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver
Quote:
going 15-1 as a rookie starter? Thats Common, no elite players haven't done this.
He had nothing to do with that. Kyle Orton had similar success as a rookie QB. Anybody can play that way, with stellar run offense and defense. I don't see anyone claiming Kyle Orton is an elite NFL QB because of his "W-L" record.

Quote:
Winning your first ever rookie playoff game? Thats common, Every rookie does this.
He did everything in his power to lose that game. He was lucky that the Jets didn't have a coach.

Quote:
Trent Dilfer won a ring, Dan Marino didn't. The Super Bowl is the epitomy of a team accomplishment.

Quote:

Quote:
Leading a good team to 2 straight winning seasons, AFC Championships and a superbowl win? Eh, I'm tired of hearing this story, it's old, happens yearly.
He didn't "lead" anything. He played controlled football, while relying on a awesome Dick LeBeau defense and a phenomenal run blocking O-Line.
I'm not going to get into the arguement, I just had to make a correction
Zim3031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 05:28 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver
Quote:

Quote:
He did everything in his power to lose that game. He was lucky that the Jets didn't have a kicker.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
He didn't "lead" anything. He played controlled football, while relying on a awesome Dick LeBeau defense and a phenomenal run blocking O-Line. He's an alright NFL QB that looks great at times because he has been on a stellar football team.
Which I've pointed his stats towards Palmer and Brady's but just like when I said he and Eli have problems in the same area? You can't compare Ben to anyone because he's the worst QB known to man. A lot of QB's on run first teams lose games when throwing fo 30+ tries... Like i showed both Palmer and Brady did, but thats ok, because they're not Ben.
Old 10-16-2006, 05:29 PM    (permalink
frogstomp

Quote:
Did you actually read my post? Dictionary.com uses the word in their example. Who cares if it has its own entry or not.
:shock: It's USED by dictionary.com? Wow... that means that http://dictionary.reference.com/search?r=2&q=Phiz is a real word too! I can start citing this for all my University Essays. Thank you!
Old 10-16-2006, 05:33 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Mr. Stiller-

Answer my question.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 05:33 PM    (permalink
Concord83

so, you cite it not being there as proof of it not being a word, and then you use another entry to discredit the site? hmm...okay. :roll:

back on topic, out of ben, eli, and philip, who is next to win a championship?