Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Chicago Bears Team Forum

Chicago Bears Team Forum Discuss Ditka and Da Bears

Old 04-29-2007, 12:56 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Yes we did, you want him????
We liked him in the late 3rd, not so much late 2nd. Still better than Wolfe though.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 01:48 AM    (permalink
Bearsfan123
Pro Bowler

Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i say this is a very bad draft.

Olsen- Help the offense blah blah blah. He cant block, and people seem to keep forgetting we are a run-first team. So what hes supposed to only play on for sure passing downs? a waste.

Bazuin- Since when did we need another DE? We had a solid rotation with our 3-4 guys and now we either have to get rid of one, or give another roster spot to a DE. Bad pick but good guy.

Wolfe-.......hes frickin 180 lbs and has as much pro potential as a homeless druggy. Worst pick by far.

Okwo- Who? I never heard of him and although that doesnt make him bad it just irritates me that we didnt grab a more highly thought of guy. Semi-Bad to possibly mediocre pick.

My grade- D- JA must have decided to take off his Jesus suit today and unfortuneatly we still have Lance Pansy Briggs on the team.

Whitney Mercilus will be a better and more productive player than Shea McClellin

In Tyler We Trust

Welcome to Project Mayhem

This was stolen, and I appreciate it.
Jimmy Buckets <3
Bearsfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 01:51 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just becuase you don't know much about prosepcts doesn't mean it's anyone else's fault. Your comments speak for themselves.

Old 04-29-2007, 01:53 AM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

oh wow... I completely missed Jackson getting drafted. I thought he was still there.

The Wolfe pick doesn't seem as bad anymore actually. But Pittman would have been much better.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Smokey Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 02:06 AM    (permalink
Bearsfan123
Pro Bowler

Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Just becuase you don't know much about prosepcts doesn't mean it's anyone else's fault. Your comments speak for themselves.
and who exactly didnt i know about? Olsen is known as a guy who is a bad blocker. Bazuin I like but we have no need for a 5th DE. Wolfe is tiny and really has no pro potential. Okwo is the only one you got me on. I dont know anything about him, but like i said in my first post, Im just a little irritated JA didnt go with a more highly touted prospect.

Whitney Mercilus will be a better and more productive player than Shea McClellin

In Tyler We Trust

Jimmy Buckets <3
Old 04-29-2007, 02:26 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearsfan123 View Post
and who exactly didnt i know about? Olsen is known as a guy who is a bad blocker. Bazuin I like but we have no need for a 5th DE. Wolfe is tiny and really has no pro potential. Okwo is the only one you got me on. I dont know anything about him, but like i said in my first post, Im just a little irritated JA didnt go with a more highly touted prospect.
Touted by whom? What prospect? Are you taking into account system and how that fits?

Anyone can just take the top player on a list, look at Matt Millen.

Pro-bowl TE's in today's game aren't good blockers. They are faster and more fluid. Kellen Winslow isn't a great blocker, you wouldn't take him on this team? Get real. He's big, he's fast, he runs good routes and has tremendous hands.

Who is our 4th DE? Bazuin will play from day 1. It's obviously not the biggest need but he'll contribute, and I think the next shoe will probably fall sometime during training camp. We're only one injury away from having a huge need at pass rush.

To say that Wolfe has no pro potential is dumb. Really dumb. He's not a #1 starter, but as a 3rd down back, special teams guy, and as a catcher out of the backfield he's solid. I don't love the pick, but he's a good change of pace from Benson.

You're just going off of baseless ranking systems that don't take into account any specificity.

Last edited by bearsfan_51 : 04-29-2007 at 02:30 AM.
Old 04-29-2007, 02:26 AM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Let the picks sit. I remember this time last year being really angry about picking hester and D. Manning so high. It worked out well. So give it time, give it time.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 02:57 AM    (permalink
VoteLynnSwan
All-Pro

VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears10 View Post
Let the picks sit. I remember this time last year being really angry about picking hester and D. Manning so high. It worked out well. So give it time, give it time.
this is exactly how i feel... my gut feeling tells me that i should hate this draft, but I'll trust Jerry Angelo this time and see how it works out.

Sig by me... Hold the applause.
VoteLynnSwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 03:12 AM    (permalink
SFbear
Veteran

SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Olsen - surprised we went with a more pass oriented TE but in Lovie's press conference he said he thought Olsen was a good blocker and that for today's tight ends you look for someone who can stretch the field. If that's what Turner is looking for in his offense then we definitely addressed it perfectly. I am happy we got a playmaker in the passing game but am worried Olsen was mostly combine hype.

Bazuin - is said to be purely be a value pick. Too much talent to pass on him. Also Ive read somewhere that the Bears have been shopping Alex Brown. High motor guy who forces turnovers and makes plays in the backfield, can't complain. I was positve we were going to go Quincy Black here but Tampa picked him up a few picks later.

Wolfe - Ugh...at the very least this guy will be fun to watch. That is until he gets tackled and broken in half. Kids got heart though. Plays tough for his size.

Okwo- typical tampa 2 linebacker. Could be a liability in the run game.

Haven't seen anything yet that shows Lovie is serious about shoring up our run D considering Boone and Scott(likely) are leaving. Could be worse if Briggs holds out.
SFbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 04:25 AM    (permalink
pellepelle_10
Veteran

pellepelle_10 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.pellepelle_10 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I will say I do like that Offensive Guard we drafted. LOL!!!
Old 04-29-2007, 07:36 AM    (permalink
OhioState
Veteran

OhioState hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.OhioState hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

i don't like it right now but i don't doubt i will like it next january
Old 04-29-2007, 09:08 AM    (permalink
Hurricane Ditka
Team Leader
All-Pro

Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pellepelle_10 View Post
I will say I do like that Offensive Guard we drafted. LOL!!!
Value wasn't there. I'll be surprise if we don't go oline in the fourth.

sig by VLS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey Joe View Post
I don't care...
Hurricane Ditka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 09:27 AM    (permalink
evershot
Rookie

evershot hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricane Ditka View Post
The value was there at the 37th pick if they kept it. Justin Blalock was still available. If Angelo really wanted too he could have kept the 37th pick and take Blalock and no one would have faulted him because Blalock in the second would have been good value.
evershot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 09:34 AM    (permalink
Hurricane Ditka
Team Leader
All-Pro

Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evershot View Post
The value was there at the 37th pick if they kept it. Justin Blalock was still available. If Angelo really wanted too he could have kept the 37th pick and take Blalock and no one would have faulted him because Blalock in the second would have been good value.
The San Deigo trade was too good to pass up.

sig by VLS
Quote:
I don't care...
Hurricane Ditka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 10:10 AM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evershot View Post
JA didn't want Blalock, he wanted Gonzo. Which is why he traded down. Obviously he didn't feel too good about Sears or Blalock, because if he did he would have stayed.

I thought our first day was very, very solid. And like 51 said, you can't just draft names. JA drafts guys who fit our system, and he did it again today.

And yes, we owned SD in that trade. And this gives us the ability to move up in the 4th if JA has someone he's targeting.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 10:21 AM    (permalink
DaBears0530
Rookie

DaBears0530 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

i actually like the Wolfe pick a lot, with the proper coaching he could be great. Also the bears have one of the best strength and conditioning coaches in the league so i look for him to get much bigger.
Old 04-29-2007, 10:25 AM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricane Ditka View Post
Oh yeah, I so called that JA wouldn't draft OL.

Old 04-29-2007, 10:34 AM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

I really don't see the need in trying to draft a "steal" OL second day anyway. Next year's class is going to have a lot of good limemen prospects. I really think Angelo will wait until next year to address the offensive line.

I am hoping for either John Wendling, Fred Bennett, or David Irons in the 4th. In the 5th, I think JA will go with Baker from Florida, and then maybe OL or CB or S depending on what we did in the 4th.

Both 7th round picks, I kinda don't care. JA usually doesn't go BPA in the 7th, but picks good developmental guys.

Old 04-29-2007, 10:45 AM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I really don't see the need in trying to draft a "steal" OL second day anyway. Next year's class is going to have a lot of good limemen prospects. I really think Angelo will wait until next year to address the offensive line.

I am hoping for either John Wendling, Fred Bennett, or David Irons in the 4th. In the 5th, I think JA will go with Baker from Florida, and then maybe OL or CB or S depending on what we did in the 4th.

Both 7th round picks, I kinda don't care. JA usually doesn't go BPA in the 7th, but picks good developmental guys.
How about Smardzija in the 7th round? Yea I know he's with the Cubs but if that falls through, we have a 1st Round caliber WR in our hands. Hell it's worth a shot isn't it...

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 10:45 AM    (permalink
DaBears0530
Rookie

DaBears0530 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

how about drafting Allen Barbre or Doug Free in the 4th?
Old 04-29-2007, 10:47 AM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

I don't care. Any 7th rounder we pick isn't going to make the team anyway. If we did draft Shark, if baseball doesn't work in lets say 3 years, he returns to the NFL, would we still own his rights?

Old 04-29-2007, 11:41 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

There is still some talent at the offensive line to be had. The Bears said that nearing the 31st pick they were expecting to get Olsen, Staley, or Grubbs, and that they would have stayed and taken one of those players in that order, so it's not like o-line wasn't a question. They were also considering Blaylock at 31, but wanted to pick up an extra third so that they could get Wolfe and Okwo who they both were targeting in the late 3rd (or at least more likely a runningback and a linebacker).

I like this draft, and don't see why everyone is so upset. Every pick makes sense for our scheme and for what we need. Bazuin is the only pick that doesn't fill an immediate need, but I think someone could get shifted to DT or that Alex Brown may actually be shipped out.

We're not picking with picks in the top of the round, so to expect to get elite prospects outside of round 1 is unrealistic.

Old 04-29-2007, 11:57 AM    (permalink
Bearsfan123
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Touted by whom? What prospect? Are you taking into account system and how that fits?

Anyone can just take the top player on a list, look at Matt Millen.

Pro-bowl TE's in today's game aren't good blockers. They are faster and more fluid. Kellen Winslow isn't a great blocker, you wouldn't take him on this team? Get real. He's big, he's fast, he runs good routes and has tremendous hands.

Who is our 4th DE? Bazuin will play from day 1. It's obviously not the biggest need but he'll contribute, and I think the next shoe will probably fall sometime during training camp. We're only one injury away from having a huge need at pass rush.

To say that Wolfe has no pro potential is dumb. Really dumb. He's not a #1 starter, but as a 3rd down back, special teams guy, and as a catcher out of the backfield he's solid. I don't love the pick, but he's a good change of pace from Benson.

You're just going off of baseless ranking systems that don't take into account any specificity.

i apologize for not commenting back earlier i had to get ready for work. As to the highly touted remark, yes i was taking into account how he fits in the system the guy i had in mind was Rufus Alexander a guy who is said to be a perfect fit for the cover 2. Hes also from a program JA seems to like.

Your right pro-bowl tes arent the best blockers but most are solid. Gonzalez isnt terrible, Shockey gives good effort, the only one i can think of who would probably be bad is Antonio Gates. Tho ill admit i havent heard anything about his blocking. This guy is terrible. And we are not a pass first team, so im just disappointed in JA for doing what the media thought best instead of waiting and taking a guy who is more balanced and can help in other ways.

Our 4th DE is Israel Idonije. Hes not great but hes not terrible. Will Bazuin be an upgrade? yes. But now is Idonije strictly a DT? We now have a roster spot filled with a player who was not even a really big want, although a good value.

I think Wolfe will get killed by linebackers in this league. Hes rail thin and is not going to be able to pass block rush backers. Plus if Benson does go down we have to change the identity of our team because neither of our backup runningbacks are similar to our starter.

BF51 don't insult my intelligence, i read just as much as you do and I make my own conclusions. I wouldn't be on this site if I just went on "baseless ranking systems." So don't be so presumptuos.

In Tyler We Trust

Jimmy Buckets <3
Old 04-29-2007, 12:33 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Lots of good possibilities for the next pick. A couple of good lineman went off the board (seeing Dallas take Free was unfortunate) but Beekman is still on the board if that's a player that interests them.

I would love Aundrae Allison. I can't believe so many teams are shying away from him just because of the small-school rep. Dude can fly. David Clowney is still around too.

John Wedling, Josh Gattis, or Kenny Scott would all be real nice value in the secondary as well.

Hell I'd take a late-round flyer on Troy Smith at this point too. He's already much better than Kyle Orton in my mind.

Old 04-29-2007, 12:35 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

I think the reason why Rufus is falling is the 4.81.

He was presumed to be a good fit for the cover 2, but with that speed it just wouldn't work. Tim Shaw or Earl Everett would have been an ok picks, but honestly Okwo was the best linebacker at the time. Read up on him, I think you'll be pleased.