Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Washington Redskins Team Forum

Washington Redskins Team Forum Discuss the Skins

Old 04-29-2007, 07:45 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default LaRon Landry Thread

Woot Woot!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bip9KlMxd04

My Boi.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Last edited by SeanTaylorRIP : 04-29-2007 at 07:48 AM.
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 07:48 AM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Landry and the Reaper...insanity.
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 07:49 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses View Post
Landry and the Reaper...insanity.
Who gives a hoot if we can't cause pressure Landry and Taylor will be amazing to watch.

Old 04-29-2007, 12:27 PM    (permalink
critesy
All-Pro

critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

im hoping it'll be something like off the movie mighty ducks 3? maybe where there is the bash brothers and they just knock the ... out of people and then they get all pumped and started going crazy together.

ahhhh yes :)

RIP, Sean Taylor.
critesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 11:11 AM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i thought if we stayed at 6 this is who we'd get so its not a surprise, i think it was the right choice with the players left. landry will really help taylor cause now sean can just be a true fs, taylor too many times had to come up for the hit after a rb ran through our line and lb's, landry is a great tackler who can play up in the box and really help stop the run. i also think his atleticism will help his deep coverage develop after some experience in the nfl. the only problem i had with the draft was that we werent able to trade out of the 6 with ap and quinn still left, hopefulyl skins had balls though and rejected trades they felt were weak. also dont really understand the palmer pick, thought we really coulda used one of our late rounders to try and find a gaurd with some potential

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao
703SKINS202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 05:09 PM    (permalink
skinzzfan25
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.

Well saying that Quinn fell to 21, doesn't look like anybody wanted to trade anyway...

We took the best defensive player in the draft, I'm not complaining.
Old 04-30-2007, 06:34 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghettosermon View Post
Who gives a hoot if we can't cause pressure Landry and Taylor will be amazing to watch.
I think with this move, Washington should go back to a more blitz heavy defense.

Because with the lack of pressure from the dline, this team will need to do some blitzing to make up for it. With safetys like Taylor and Landry, you can do it more often and not worry about the deepball as much.

Safety blitzes should be happening quite often as well. Imagine being an offense and trying to figure out which safety is gonna come on teh blitz?

I like Marcus Washington puttin his hand on the dirt as a DE more often this upcoming year as well.

Andre Carter needs to have a big year. Kedric Golston's development is key as well. Theyre gonna need his interior pressure.

Last edited by bigbluedefense : 04-30-2007 at 06:37 PM.
bigbluedefense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 07:05 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

I think Andre Carter will be huge this year, but even if he gets 8+ sacks he needs help from the other side. Phillip needs to continue to be solid and hopefully Hickman can do something. Also front office said that we will acquire a DE through trade, guys we have been targeting have been Derrick Burgess and Alex Brown but IMO they are too costly, a more subtle addition would be much needed.

Old 04-30-2007, 09:40 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think Andre Carter will be huge this year, but even if he gets 8+ sacks he needs help from the other side. Phillip needs to continue to be solid and hopefully Hickman can do something. Also front office said that we will acquire a DE through trade, guys we have been targeting have been Derrick Burgess and Alex Brown but IMO they are too costly, a more subtle addition would be much needed.
Any news of what Williams plans on doing? Is he gonna stick with the Cover 2 scheme, or go back to more man coverage blitzing?

I think the current roster is more suited towards man coverage blitzing.

But then again, I hate Cover 2/Tampa 2, so I have a bias.
Old 04-30-2007, 10:14 PM    (permalink
boisefan
Rookie

boisefan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Any news of what Williams plans on doing? Is he gonna stick with the Cover 2 scheme, or go back to more man coverage blitzing?

I think the current roster is more suited towards man coverage blitzing.

But then again, I hate Cover 2/Tampa 2, so I have a bias.
Williams loves to Blitz, and I believe if we stay healthy, and use Taylor/Landry smart, that we can have a good, solid defence this year.

I agree though, we definitly need to blitz more, you cant get pressure dropping everyone back and having a 4 man rush.
boisefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 12:33 AM    (permalink
Nitschke-Hawk
Pro Bowler

Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.

You got the real bash em brothers this year. Congrats on getting probably my favorite player in this year's draft.

Bosanac01
Nitschke-Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 09:52 PM    (permalink
boisefan
Rookie

boisefan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitschke-Hawk View Post
You got the real bash em brothers this year. Congrats on getting probably my favorite player in this year's draft.
ty, He is a great defensive player...im probably going to post some youtube video's of him once my internet speeds up... stupid dial up
boisefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 01:27 AM    (permalink
reese

dear redskins,

can we please have sean taylor?...im sure he wants to come back home.

ty,
miami fan
Old 05-15-2007, 11:22 PM    (permalink
Woody56
Veteran

Woody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

edit ,,,,,,,

Last edited by Woody56 : 05-20-2007 at 10:13 AM.
Woody56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 02:30 AM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So I am pretty pissed that you guys took Laron Landry from within our grasps. I mean, I am learning to cope with the Jamaal Anderson pick as it is...but you guys? I mean wtf...You guys dont even need a ****in safety.

Way to vault yourself to my most despised team outside the NFC South.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 07:40 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
So I am pretty pissed that you guys took Laron Landry from within our grasps. I mean, I am learning to cope with the Jamaal Anderson pick as it is...but you guys? I mean wtf...You guys dont even need a ****in safety.

Way to vault yourself to my most despised team outside the NFC South.
We didn't need a safety???? Vernon Fox is a good starting safety???? I bet you don't even know who he is.

Old 05-30-2007, 08:27 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
We didn't need a safety???? Vernon Fox is a good starting safety???? I bet you don't even know who he is.
But DL was so much of a bigger need.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
Old 05-30-2007, 09:19 PM    (permalink
skinzzfan25
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.

Quote:
But DL was so much of a bigger need.
We now have the secondary and linebackers to run some of GWs exotic blitz packages. Look back at 04 and 05, almost none of the sacks came from the defensive line positions. Pressure caused by McIntosh and Washington from the edge will cause more bad passes and chances for our DBs to make a play.

Last year (except post-brunell) the offense was terrible. We almost never played with a lead. GW is a lot more open and crazier with his blitzes when we have a lead and a margin for error.

Plus, Salave'a is back along with Springs. No way in hell should Carlos Rogers be your #1 corner with Ade Jimoh #2. That just spells failure. With a solidified SS (PP, heck even Stoutmire and eventually Landry), Taylor can freeroam and get back to headhuntin. Don't get me wrong, DL is a need. We are probably going to get somebody after June 1st cuts, but no big splash. But there is no way we pass on the best defensive player in the draft, to pick some guy who had one hot year. Landry was a 4 year starter at LSU, I watched a lot of gamefilm and rarely saw him get beat deep.

Landry>Andersen.
Old 05-31-2007, 12:14 AM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

You had no idea how depressed I was draft day. I hope Jamaal Anderson wins DROTY and Laron busts. Just to prove you wrong.

But I guess it does make sense. Just a bit of sense.

Old 05-31-2007, 03:33 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

With 1 pick 1 player, will not make a difference so we took the best available defender.

Old 06-01-2007, 12:05 PM    (permalink
skinzzfan25
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
You had no idea how depressed I was draft day. I hope Jamaal Anderson wins DROTY and Laron busts. Just to prove you wrong.

But I guess it does make sense. Just a bit of sense.
4 year college starter vs 1 year wonder.

The odds aren't in your favor to say the least.

BTW, I don't think Anderson will bust. He has all the potential in the world, he's just a little too raw for me at this point.
Old 06-16-2007, 02:43 PM    (permalink
HoopsDemon12
Pro Bowler

HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.

whenever i hear his name i just keep seeing him SMOKE that bama QB .. over and over and over again... wow i want him ... lucky skin fans

Sig By Diehardvikingfan
HoopsDemon12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 09:22 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

This is just the beginning...

Old 06-17-2007, 10:20 PM    (permalink
critesy
All-Pro

critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

of... ?

wawawoowowowa (10 chars)

RIP, Sean Taylor.
critesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 06:03 PM    (permalink
McBain
Veteran

McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by critesy View Post
im hoping it'll be something like off the movie mighty ducks 3? maybe where there is the bash brothers and they just knock the ... out of people and then they get all pumped and started going crazy together.

ahhhh yes :)
do you think Al Saunders has the flying V in his play book?