Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 04-29-2007, 09:09 PM    (permalink
freebirdsrams02
Veteran

freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Best Off-Season

So now that the Draft is over which teams have had the best off-season.

Sig made by Falcon from E Oakland

"Spread'em and Shread'em"
freebirdsrams02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 09:18 PM    (permalink
lionsfan81
Rookie

lionsfan81 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.lionsfan81 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebirdsrams02 View Post
So now that the Draft is over which teams have had the best off-season.
patriots and san fran, no doubt about that.
lionsfan81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 09:19 PM    (permalink
MasterShake
Rookie

MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsfan81 View Post
patriots and san fran, no doubt about that.
without a doubt, SF and NE.

See how I reworded that to form my own opinion.
MasterShake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 09:21 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bills have a good one for sure

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 09:32 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know about best. But just to add some input.

Dallas's biggest need going into the offseason was backup QB and a mauler RG.
They landed Davis who they got ripped for but he was a local guy and actually has good remarks from playing inside vs. outside.
Brad Johnson as a proven player to spot start if needed. Not to mentor Romo.
We resigned our C Gurode before FA...and got a steal money wise which many people don't realize.
We also resigned our RT Columbo who was argueably our best offensive line player for a 2 year 1 million dollar deal.

In the draft we got out pass rusher that Wade "needed" for our defense. Another high character guy.
Marten can play 4 positions along the line..gave us a swing tackle we lost in Fabini.
Future LT in Free which was a overlooked need by most.
Got out future kicker and current KOS in Folk.
Landed our nickel replacement for Glenn in Brown late in the draft.

As far as assessing needs in the offseason...I would say dallas has had an A. Maybe not the best...but definatly top 1/3 of the league.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 09:35 PM    (permalink
KILLERSANTA
Pro Bowler

KILLERSANTA hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I think the lions had the best Draft ;)
Old 04-29-2007, 09:39 PM    (permalink
JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pro Bowler

JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Browns had a pretty good offseason, along with NE, SF, ATL, Detroit, and the Jets.
Old 04-29-2007, 09:39 PM    (permalink
HawkeyeFan
Rookie

HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

San Fransisco. But I'll add some input because its my job.

Rams: Additions through Free Agency.
WR Drew Bennett
TE Randy McMichael
LB Chris Draft
S Todd Johnson
DE James Hall
WR/KR/PR Dante Hall
CB Mike Rumph
CB Lenny Walls
RB Travis Minor
P Donnie Jones

Rams: Additions through Draft:
DL Adam Carriker
FB/HB Brian Leonard
CB Jonathan Wade
C Dustin Fry
DT Clifton Ryan
OT Ken Shackleford
DT Keith Jackson (Possibly the steal of Day 2)
WR Derek Stanley

Rams: Subtractions
Kevin Curtis
Shaun McDonald
Brandon Green
Old 04-29-2007, 09:43 PM    (permalink
KWill93
Rookie

KWill93 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

New England.

Sig by Ctmagic24
KWill93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 10:09 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

New England
49ers
Raiders

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Carr to Cooper in 2015

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 10:27 PM    (permalink
757Dawg
Rookie

757Dawg is a cocksman.757Dawg is a cocksman.757Dawg is a cocksman.757Dawg is a cocksman.757Dawg is a cocksman.

The New England Patriots have had a phenomenal offseason.

Call me a homer if you will though, but I feel the Browns had the best 'overall' offseason.

Ask any Browns fan that has followed this team. Since 1999 we have struggled to put even just a quality offensive line on the field. The Tim Couch saga was a disaster in large part because of the lack of importance placed on the guys up front. The David Carr era in Houston is eerily similar. If you draft a QB high, you better have a solid line in place to protect your investment. Both franchises chose a QB with their first pick, failed to address the OL, and suffered the consequences.

This offseason we signed Eric Steinbach, who is one of the premier OGs in this league and is still just 27 years of age. His presence alone will make the OL better as we have gotten putrid play from our guards in recent years.

Then we hit the grand slam and drafted Joe Thomas. Someone who is dubbed as a bookend left tackle who will start for the next 10+ years. When you receive comparisons to Tony Boselli, you're a special player.

LT: Joe Thomas
LG: Eric Steinbach

I know I speak on behalf of all Browns fans when I say, "Oh....my.....God."

And then we just happened to draft a franchise caliber QB in Brady Quinn, someone who is about as NFL ready as a college QB can be. Mentioned in the same breath as Carson Palmer and Tom Brady.

Phil Savage, I thank you. In just a matter of months you have changed the entire dynamics of the Cleveland Browns. We've been suffering for years, but I think this is when it all comes to together and we finally bring the Browns back to the level where they should be.
757Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 10:42 PM    (permalink
rainbeaukid2
All-Pro

rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

San Francisco

-offseason acquisitions
tully banta-cain
michael lewis
nate clements
ashlie lelie
darrell jackson

-draft
patrick willis
joe staley
jason hill
ray mcdonald
jay moore
dashon goldson
joe cohen
tarell brown
thomas clayton

with this offseason, the niners filled basically all of their needs including
SS-michael lewis
cb-nate clements,tarrell brown
OT-joe staley
RB-thomas clayton
LB-jay moore, patrick willis, tully banta-cain
WR-ashley lelie, darrell jackson, jason hill
FS-dashon goldson
DE-ray mcdonald
NT-joe cohen

with this offseason, the niners filled all of their needs and now have very few pressing needs
Old 04-29-2007, 10:48 PM    (permalink
MasterShake
Rookie

MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbeaukid2 View Post
San Francisco

-offseason acquisitions
tully banta-cain
michael lewis
nate clements
ashlie lelie
darrell jackson

-draft
patrick willis
joe staley
jason hill
ray mcdonald
jay moore
dashon goldson
joe cohen
tarell brown
thomas clayton

with this offseason, the niners filled basically all of their needs including
SS-michael lewis
cb-nate clements,tarrell brown
OT-joe staley
RB-thomas clayton
LB-jay moore, patrick willis, tully banta-cain
WR-ashley lelie, darrell jackson, jason hill
FS-dashon goldson
DE-ray mcdonald
NT-joe cohen

with this offseason, the niners filled all of their needs and now have very few pressing needs
All very true, but don't forget NT Aubrayo Franklin. ;)
MasterShake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 10:55 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am a Pats fan and we did have a great off-season. We added a great deal of talent into our WR corps (Randy Moss, donte Stallworth, Wes Welker, and Kelly Washington) to help out Tom Brady. We needed a safety and we picked up versatile Brandon Meriweather who can play both spots ad also corner. We needed a DE/OLB so we picked up perhaps one of the best 'tweeners in the game, Adailus Thomas. But we really failed to address one of our biggest needs, ILB. Tedy Bruschi shouldn't be playing football anymore, you can see it every time he steps on the field. He is old and worn out, he had a great career but must end it before he really hurts himself. Vrabel is solid, but he is getting up there in age and wear as well.

The draft was really a confusing ordeal. We traded away 2 out of our 3 day 1 picks. We used our first pick to take Brandon Meriweather, which was great. We also traded our 4th for Randy Moss, which appears to be a good move. The rest of the draft was basically used to add depth at already strong positions and to let the new players sit and develop.

Hopefully the team has enough ammo to gear up for a super bowl run, the Patriots still have a bad taste in their mouthes from the way last season ended.
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 10:57 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Detroit improved . . . their only significant subtraction was backup safety Terrance Holt.

I'd say they are top ten in terms of most improved this offseason, but I still don't see us winning more than 6 games in 2007.
Old 04-29-2007, 10:57 PM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.

Thought Buffalo had a great Offseason. As bad as many think it is, it really wasnt.

Lost-
Willis Mcgahee
Nate Clements
Takeo Spikes
London Fletcher-Baker
Kelly Holcomb

Gained-
Derrick Dockery
Langston Walker
Jason Whittle
Darwin Walker

Draft picks-
Marshawn Lynch
Paul Posluszny
Trent Edwards
John Wendling
AJ Wright
CJ Ah You
Derrick Schouman

We lost 2 LB, Spikes and Fletcher. Spikes was on the downside, and Ellison is an up and coming LB and should be more than a replacement. Fletcher racked up alot of tackles, but many were WAY off the LOS. Pos will perform much better than Fletcher did, as Pos will be playing the MLB. We lost Willis, who was a cancer to the team and wasnt at all near the hype he made himself out to be. Lynch should be more than an adequate replacement for him along with Thomas and Wright. The OL was upgraded HUGE. Should help the run game, JP Losman get time, and let the TE be free so they dont have to stay in and block. We lost NAte Clements, who I think was the biggest lost. But for a cover 2 corner, he wasnt worth 80 million. Ashton Youboty is still solid, and will be good as the cover 2 corner. I think they had a very solid off season.
Billingsley26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 10:58 PM    (permalink
BuckNaked
All-NFLDC

BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vinny Ciurciu + Vishante Shiancoe = Championship
BuckNaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 11:30 PM    (permalink
portermvp84
Pro Bowler

portermvp84 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I can tell you who had the worst off season the Packers.

Thanks to jackalope
portermvp84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 11:56 PM    (permalink
rainbeaukid2
All-Pro

rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
Detroit improved . . . their only significant subtraction was backup safety Terrance Holt.

I'd say they are top ten in terms of most improved this offseason, but I still don't see us winning more than 6 games in 2007.
they also lost dre bly
Old 04-30-2007, 12:19 AM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by portermvp84 View Post
trying to take a cheap shot like how i did lol, we signed our own, Jenkins and Barnett so im happy with what we did.
Old 04-30-2007, 12:41 AM    (permalink
Football Fan
Veteran

Football Fan smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by portermvp84 View Post
Agreed, absolutely terrible.
Football Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 06:36 AM    (permalink
BoltsOnTheBeach

Chargers certainly used the term off-season pretty literally. No one acquired in FA, but resigning a few quality players, and no movement of Michael Turner....

Then comes draft day and with the first pick they use it on a guy projected by many as a late 2nd to early 3rd rounder.

Then give up a bunch of picks to acquire Eric Weddle, who i definitely like but would have rather taken 1st over Davis.

way off-season guys
Old 04-30-2007, 07:01 AM    (permalink
Non_Sequitur
Veteran

Non_Sequitur hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billingsley26 View Post
Thought Buffalo had a great Offseason. As bad as many think it is, it really wasnt.

Lost-
Willis Mcgahee
Nate Clements
Takeo Spikes
London Fletcher-Baker
Kelly Holcomb

Gained-
Derrick Dockery
Langston Walker
Jason Whittle
Darwin Walker

Draft picks-
Marshawn Lynch
Paul Posluszny
Trent Edwards
John Wendling
AJ Wright
CJ Ah You
Derrick Schouman

We lost 2 LB, Spikes and Fletcher. Spikes was on the downside, and Ellison is an up and coming LB and should be more than a replacement. Fletcher racked up alot of tackles, but many were WAY off the LOS. Pos will perform much better than Fletcher did, as Pos will be playing the MLB. We lost Willis, who was a cancer to the team and wasnt at all near the hype he made himself out to be. Lynch should be more than an adequate replacement for him along with Thomas and Wright. The OL was upgraded HUGE. Should help the run game, JP Losman get time, and let the TE be free so they dont have to stay in and block. We lost NAte Clements, who I think was the biggest lost. But for a cover 2 corner, he wasnt worth 80 million. Ashton Youboty is still solid, and will be good as the cover 2 corner. I think they had a very solid off season.

So by your own description, the long and short of it is that you guys only lost a little bit. That's not really something to be happy with.
Non_Sequitur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 10:33 AM    (permalink
portermvp84
Pro Bowler

portermvp84 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
trying to take a cheap shot like how i did lol, we signed our own, Jenkins and Barnett so im happy with what we did.
Hey don't forget about Frank Walker, he's nothing to shake a stick at.

Thanks to jackalope
portermvp84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 12:01 PM    (permalink
tomh1991

PATRIOTS -
Adalius Thomas
Randy Moss
Donte Stallworth
Brandon Merriweather

NUFF SAID