Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 04-30-2007, 04:15 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dear Randy,

Break a leg, literally.

Love,

sarf
Old 04-30-2007, 04:20 PM    (permalink
Phrost

He still has speed, he just doesn't enjoy playing for garbage...aka Oakland.
Old 04-30-2007, 04:58 PM    (permalink
lod01
Veteran

lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keakathin View Post
If I was Moss I woulda quit too. He was on pace to break every receiving record imaginable and then has to play for the most idiotic coaching staff assembled in NFL history.
LOL. The best part of watching them weekly was when something would go horribly wrong. They would pan over to Art Shell. He always carried around this clipboard and he would write things down.

I would love to see what he wrote. Something like:

'Remember to ask OC what went wrong.'
'Hmmm, that worked back in the 70's.'
'Note to self, self....you really suck.'
'I'll try that one again next week.'

Feel free to add to this one.
lod01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 08:30 PM    (permalink
Keepin' it Keak

Quote:
Originally Posted by lod01 View Post
LOL. The best part of watching them weekly was when something would go horribly wrong. They would pan over to Art Shell. He always carried around this clipboard and he would write things down.

I would love to see what he wrote. Something like:

'Remember to ask OC what went wrong.'
'Hmmm, that worked back in the 70's.'
'Note to self, self....you really suck.'
'I'll try that one again next week.'

Feel free to add to this one.
'Can't show weakness. Must make same face throughout entire game'
Old 04-30-2007, 08:47 PM    (permalink
kalbears13
Pro Bowler

Location: The difference between a child's toy and an adult toy
kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

haha. The first thing I thought of when I saw that poem was analyzing it. I looked at the rhyme scheme and all that. I like the internal rhyme but you had that one slant rhyme right after. Good poem. Stupid English Class.
Old 04-30-2007, 08:49 PM    (permalink
TwOne
Rookie

TwOne hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

This is from a Raiders fan from another site, I didnt write this:

Quote:
Hey Randy,

How does it feel to be worth a 4th round draft pick? The Raiders were so desperate to unload you and your cancerous attitude we just dumped you for basically a 3rd tier CB.
We were so desperate to get rid of you we even did the unmentionable & the unthinkable ...we contacted the Denver Broncos to see if there was any interest from them! (Though it was probably more of a tactic similar to giving your enemy a box of poisoned chocolates)
The fact is, we probably would have dropped you on Monday if no takers came aboard and would have been dancing like Pat Riley after he won the championship.

Yeah, it must have been tough for a talent of your ability to deal with such a young QB, a poor offensive line, and a terrible play calling coaching staff. We understand that.
But why couldn't you have just a pinch of integrity and take the losses like a man. It's part of the game.
You were given the honor of being named our Captain, and what you did with that was disgusting. You blamed everyone else for your dropped balls. "I don't play well when I'm not happy and I'm not happy when I lose."
It's too bad that several of our losses were due to you dropping balls that hit you on the numbers.
I remember 2 INT's that were directly due to you not trying to make a play on the ball, you just looked it right into the defenders' hands without even flinching. What a joke.

How 'bout a little accountability? I guess that's way too much to ask.

Andre' Johnson dealt with a QB that was on his butt half the time from his warm butter offensive line giving in on every 3rd play. But you never heard him b@*#h & moan about it. He lined up and ran his next route like a pro.

Good riddance, I hope the 3rd tier CB ( John Bowie ) we picked up meets you in the playoffs in 2008 and picks off Tom Brady because you didn't hook back to the ball for the game winning TD... only to seal you OUT of the HOF.

Angels Record: 6-8
TwOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 08:53 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwOne View Post
This is from a Raiders fan from another site, I didnt write this:
haha pretty funny

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Carr to Cooper in 2015

RaiderNation is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 08:54 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillaraiderfan View Post
Dear Randy,

Break a leg, literally.

Love,

sarf
lol putting that in sig + rep

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Carr to Cooper in 2015

RaiderNation is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 09:00 PM    (permalink
Bigburt63
Veteran

Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The patriots have done similar things during their recent run of succes (i.e. rodney harrison, corey dillon, brian cox). they bring in a guy who has character concerns (dillon was the same way, giving up on his team, not wanting to play for them) and it has worked out very well every time. until one of the moves doesnt work I have faith that belicheck and co. know what they are doing. also, just the fact that he took close to a $5 mill pay cut to do it makes me think that he truly does want to be here and is serious about playing
Bigburt63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 09:08 PM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler

JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrost View Post
He still has speed, he just doesn't enjoy playing for garbage...aka Oakland.
The guy runs a 4.29 fourty and your willing to just disregard the performance and attitude he's shown just like that?

Now I'm not gonna bash the Pats, I dont know how the hell they were able to bring in so many players this offseason, and they're terrifying. Moss could be explosive, but speed is only half the battle when you have to wonder how much of it the guy will actually feel like using.
JK17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 09:14 PM    (permalink
Keepin' it Keak

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK17 View Post
The guy runs a 4.29 fourty and your willing to just disregard the performance and attitude he's shown just like that?

Now I'm not gonna bash the Pats, I dont know how the hell they were able to bring in so many players this offseason, and they're terrifying. Moss could be explosive, but speed is only half the battle when you have to wonder how much of it the guy will actually feel like using.
I'm gonna say A LOT considering he's on a good team... which was the ONLY REASON he claims he didn't try in the past... because HE KNOWS no matter how good he plays the team still is gonna lose. Why can't people put things together. It's like a crack addict who is moved to a recovery clinic... he can do no wrong.

K it's nothing like that but .... yall know i got a lil mary j in me
Old 04-30-2007, 09:25 PM    (permalink
locseti
Veteran

locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keepin' it Keak View Post
I'm gonna say A LOT considering he's on a good team... which was the ONLY REASON he claims he didn't try in the past... because HE KNOWS no matter how good he plays the team still is gonna lose. Why can't people put things together. It's like a crack addict who is moved to a recovery clinic... he can do no wrong.

K it's nothing like that but .... yall know i got a lil mary j in me
That is BS, nice attitude - "We have no chance of winning so Im not gonna try"

Man, if the Pats are down 20, better take Moss out the game cause he aint gonna try if he thinks they dont have a chance of winning the game.

Last edited by locseti : 04-30-2007 at 09:27 PM.
locseti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 09:34 PM    (permalink
Keepin' it Keak

Quote:
Originally Posted by locseti View Post
That is BS, nice attitude - "We have no chance of winning so Im not gonna try"

Man, if the Pats are down 20, better take Moss out the game cause he aint gonna try if he thinks they dont have a chance of winning the game.
Are the Patriots ever down 20?
Old 04-30-2007, 09:41 PM    (permalink
Bengals1690
Veteran

Bengals1690 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Bengals1690 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
i really dont think you understand the point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mythbusta View Post
i love my pedestal. thats why im the mythbusta.
who dey?
Bengals1690 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 09:50 PM    (permalink
Keepin' it Keak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals1690 View Post
i really dont think you understand the point.
I get the point. People are acting like this guy has done this his whole career. Sure he made a stupid statement in the media with the Vikings about he plays when he wants to play... after that he tried his hardest. His hardest. Randy really give it 123%. 123 because thats the most possible. Most people say 100, but 123 is like the maximum pokemon level, so thats the scale I use on humans for effort. Jerry Rice was a 121.

Then Randy journeyed onward to the vast lands of Oakland, filled with murder victims, caters and ar-15's. Where more murders are committed on Sundays then completed passes. Whose his quarterback? A old loser past his prime. Ok, lets upgrade. How bout a dee dee dee who can't throw a pass forward and smiles when everyone else is sad... like one of those special kids that just really don't know whats going on around them. He sucked. Lets upgrade to a 2nd year nerd coming off shoulder surgery. Plus he looked like a giraffe because his helmet was so small. WOW. TIME TO BE MOTIVATED. THIS TEAMS GOING PLACES.

But Randy wasn't doomed forever. For one day, the castle of Everquest (New England Patriots) called him to form an alliance. He now has the biggest alliance ever, bigger then Doug Christie and his demon wife.

The future looks bright .... it looks bright.

[purple kush.... why not write a story]
Old 04-30-2007, 09:53 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's one of the greatest posts I've seen in a little while on here
Pit Bull #53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 09:56 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That was great
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 10:02 PM    (permalink
locseti
Veteran

locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
When he drops the only potential TD's they will be.
Old 04-30-2007, 10:02 PM    (permalink
Keepin' it Keak

I was gonna write a intellectual response ... but then my brain died on me. And the story just came to me.
Old 04-30-2007, 10:14 PM    (permalink
locseti
Veteran

Quote:
I get the point. People are acting like this guy has done this his whole career. Sure he made a stupid statement in the media with the Vikings about he plays when he wants to play... after that he tried his hardest. His hardest. Randy really give it 123%. 123 because thats the most possible. Most people say 100, but 123 is like the maximum pokemon level, so thats the scale I use on humans for effort. Jerry Rice was a 121.

Then Randy journeyed onward to the vast lands of Oakland, filled with murder victims, caters and ar-15's. Where more murders are committed on Sundays then completed passes. Whose his quarterback? A old loser past his prime. Ok, lets upgrade. How bout a dee dee dee who can't throw a pass forward and smiles when everyone else is sad... like one of those special kids that just really don't know whats going on around them. He sucked. Lets upgrade to a 2nd year nerd coming off shoulder surgery. Plus he looked like a giraffe because his helmet was so small. WOW. TIME TO BE MOTIVATED. THIS TEAMS GOING PLACES.

But Randy wasn't doomed forever. For one day, the castle of Everquest (New England Patriots) called him to form an alliance. He now has the biggest alliance ever, bigger then Doug Christie and his demon wife.

The future looks bright .... it looks bright.

[purple kush.... why not write a story]
Don't you mean Bronic?
Old 04-30-2007, 10:18 PM    (permalink
locseti
Veteran

Quote:
I was gonna write a intellectual response ... but then my brain died on me. And the story just came to me.
Can't write no intellectual response smokin all that macaframabamma
Old 04-30-2007, 11:00 PM    (permalink
locseti
Veteran

Everyone is blaming last season (one of the worst in league history) as the reason why he quit trying. "He had bed and breakfast calling the plays" and the line was one of the worst ever, "I would pack it in if Aaron Brooks and Andrew Walter were throwing to me too" etc.

What you're forgetting is that in his first year here, before bed and Breakfast, before the silent, dim-witted mass of flesh was patrolling the sidelines with his clipboard full of shopping lists, Randy quit. Norv Turner had our offense at least producing, and it was clear Moss was dogging it, dropping balls, and speaking out agianst the club. We lost a bunch of close games that year, and he dropped some key passes. He never once was the Randy of old in the Silver and Black. And we have one abysmal year and he's ready to throw in the towel. Not even give this new coaching staff a chance, or give this young defense a chance to carry the team back to our winning ways. With our defense playing so well, All Moss would have to do is actually give a little effort and catch some fades in the end zone. But how could you throw it to him when you didn't have any faith he was gonna go up and get it? We had to get rid of him.

It was so sad to watch Walter scrambling around, clearly looking for Moss, and pleading with him to try and get open. Thanks for helping out the young QB..It just pisses me off, this team is on it's way, you busters keep clowning the OAK, but were coming back. Gonna surprise some people this year, and Moss' selfish attitude didn't allow him to be a part of it.

Moss had a shot at being the greatest, but he pissed it all away...Its funny to think that some people used to speak his name in the same breath as Jerry Rice's.
Old 04-30-2007, 11:02 PM    (permalink
Keepin' it Keak

1. You act like Moss can be open every play when he's double / triple covered at times.

2. You do realize you just made 3 consecutive posts and noone has responded. Perhaps you now realize your value to society.
Old 04-30-2007, 11:18 PM    (permalink
locseti
Veteran

Quote:
1. You act like Moss can be open every play when he's double / triple covered at times.

2. You do realize you just made 3 consecutive posts and noone has responded. Perhaps you now realize your value to society.
1. I dont act like Moss can get open at all, cause he never tried to.

2. If this board was the extent of my society, as it may well be for you due to your constant attempts to regain membership and the right to post, I would have offed myself long ago
Old 05-01-2007, 12:11 AM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
Icon

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by locseti View Post
1. I dont act like Moss can get open at all, cause he never tried to.

2. If this board was the extent of my society, as it may well be for you due to your constant attempts to regain membership and the right to post, I would have offed myself long ago
HAHAHA
Locseti...youve become one of my favorite posters on this site.
Imma see if this fits on my sig haha

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote