Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: O-line VS. D-line
O-line 77 57.46%
D-line 57 42.54%
Voters: 134. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-30-2007, 03:48 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Dominating O-line VS. Unstoppable D-line

I always wonder about this topic, I am not sure what I would rather have.

It is tough to say would I rather have a o-line like this

LT-Orlando Pace
LG-Steve Hutchinson
C-Olin Kruetz
RG-Randy Thomas
RT-Jordan Gross

compared to

DE-Jullius Peppers
DT-Shaun Rogers
DT-Tommie Harris
DE-Aaron Kampman

so what would you rather have?
Old 04-30-2007, 03:50 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, first of all, you should replace Randy Thomas with Shawn Andrews and Orlando Pace with Walter Jones.

Secondly, I have no idea. They say that defense wins championships, but offensive line and ball control can help your defense do its job. A good Oline can help your offense throw and pass, and it keeps the defense off the field to rest, so I'll pick OLine.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 03:51 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yea I just put up god players at the position, not necessarily the best because they can be argued.
Old 04-30-2007, 03:51 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Fair enough. I posted my rationale.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Old 04-30-2007, 03:53 PM    (permalink
High Roller
Rookie

High Roller hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

O-Line. If you have a great o-line, you can run the ball and control the game.

Faithful Niner Fan
High Roller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 03:55 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I picked d-line. If they truly are "unstoppable," that means they can stop the run, and the pass, which would pretty much sets you up to win.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 03:55 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tough question...
But without a good D-Line your secondary will get exploited from a lack of pass rush and your LB's would have to do all the work against the run. Without a good O-Line your QB wont be able to find the open WR and the RB's wont find the holes, but like bsaza said if you can control the ball you can help the D, so I'd say O-Line.

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 03:58 PM    (permalink
Phrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston View Post
I picked d-line. If they truly are "unstoppable," that means they can stop the run, and the pass, which would pretty much sets you up to win.
^^^^^^
Offense sells tickets, Defense wins championships.
Old 04-30-2007, 04:00 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Defense wins championships!

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 04:04 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

No matter how you vote, it would be awesome to see that OLine and that DLine play against each other in a game that matters.

Old 04-30-2007, 04:05 PM    (permalink
portermvp84
Pro Bowler

portermvp84 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I think I'd rather have a great oline, so my team could put points on the board.

Thanks to jackalope
portermvp84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 04:06 PM    (permalink
VoteLynnSwan
All-Pro

VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

even the best defensive line will get winded if they're on the field the whole game. You need to control the clock, to control the clock you need to run the ball, to run the ball you need a good offensive line.

Sig by me... Hold the applause.
VoteLynnSwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 04:08 PM    (permalink
Phrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
No matter how you vote, it would be awesome to see that OLine and that DLine play against each other in a game that matters.
I totally agree, maybe we could see something along those lines (no pun intended) at the pro-bowl....nope no way in hell.
Old 04-30-2007, 04:10 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

The Pro Bowl doesn't matter at all and is a complete waste of my time. I don't care about the Pro Bowl at all. In fact, I wish they'd stop doing it at all.

Old 04-30-2007, 04:12 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Offensive line. It's a lot harder to assemble a dominate offensive line than it is to assemble a dominate defensive line.
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 04:20 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

a great o-line is no match for a great d-line.

but the thing is is that that D-Line you made is really just a 'specific' type d-line.
tommie harris, 3-tech. i'd take john henderson and stroud over rodgers and harris.
although i love tommie harris, he's got the moves of a DE but the power of a DT.. and he runs a 4.7... two power tackles and two speed edges (say a healthy strahan and peppers, and stroud and henderson (mostly because DT's function like the O-Line most of the time anyway... i'd rather have two guys who work well together than two guys from two teams... *shrugs*)... Olin Kreutz is the odd man out. He's smart. he's fast. He's got decent power, but he'll still get crushed by a guys big enough to play two-gap. and then at what point does lateral mobility and the 3-4 come in...

i mean.
i'd take 3-4

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 04:21 PM    (permalink
ks_perfection
Veteran

ks_perfection hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

5 Pro Bowl players is better than 4.
ks_perfection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 04:25 PM    (permalink
Phrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by ks_perfection View Post
I don't like that logic.
Old 04-30-2007, 04:26 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As a Pats fan I have seen us win superbowls with an average OL (especially 2001) and some great DL's. I personally prefer the DL because a very good one can make it nearly impossible for an opposing offense to be successful.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 04:26 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ks_perfection View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrost View Post
I don't like that logic.
I agree with Phrost. The number of pro bowlers is irrelevant. This is a question about style of play and ones preference.

Old 04-30-2007, 04:30 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

id take the oline

My Raiders Mock

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 04:30 PM    (permalink
SFbear
Veteran

SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The thing with successful offensive lines is that they may have a few highly talented players at the LT spot and maybe center but overall they become successful after building chemistry and as playing as a single unit. The dropoff in production from the All-pro line and any of the above average lines in the NFL won't be that large. Defensive lines however are more about putting a bunch of athletes out there and letting them loose. Having multiple players that require double teams makes you exponentially better. Overall I think you get more bang for your buck on D-line.
SFbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 04:31 PM    (permalink
Phrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
id take the oline
If I had to witness what you have had to witness....I would too.
Old 04-30-2007, 04:45 PM    (permalink
ncstateviking
Rookie

ncstateviking hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

i would rather have the great oline. even if 2 of the olineman get beat, the others could leave the back enough wiggle room to get a few yards. if the dline has even one guy consistently getting beat by his man, the offense will exploit it.
ncstateviking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 05:54 PM    (permalink
Michigan
Who wants to sex Mutombo?
Pro Bowler

Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i'm a defense first guy, but I'd take the o-line. all defenses suck when they're tired