Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 05-01-2007, 07:37 PM    (permalink
jkpigskin
Pro Bowler

jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ryan Sims was the most overrated DT in his draft....

some people were saying he was better than John Henderson and Albert Haynesworth, and boy were they wrong

not sure if he can revive his career but i guess its worth a shot

Go Ravens!
jkpigskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 09:24 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't believe someone actually gave something up for Ryan Sims.
Old 05-01-2007, 10:06 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24cadillac24 View Post
etk, stop being such a skeptic about the draft. It has been received well by most 'guys in the know' and many others on the boards. We had a good draft. It wasn't a great one, but it was decent enough.
Am I not entitled to my own opinion and is it wrong to 'dare to be different'? I don't like our draft plan nor do I like many of the specific players we took. We haven't had a single productive draft under Gruden and this one will not break the trend. Gaines Adams and Tanard Jackson could become fixtures in our defense, but the rest of the guys are unlikely to reach expectations.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 02:49 AM    (permalink
simms2clayton

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
We haven't had a single productive draft under Gruden and this one will not break the trend. Gaines Adams and Tanard Jackson could become fixtures in our defense, but the rest of the guys are unlikely to reach expectations.
WHAT? Not one single productive draft...are you out of your ******* mind?

Okay. I guess then that players like Michael Clayton, Caddillac Wiliams, Barrett Ruud, Alex Smith, Dan Buenning, Paris Warren (good for a 7th rounder), Davin Joseph, Jeremy Trueblood, Maurice Stovall, and Bruce Gradkowski are all mediocre players.

That isn't even counting Alan Zemaitis and TJ Williams from the 2006 draft because they got injured so who knows. Also, the 2004 draft was crap because it was a McKay draft (who has been having some great drafts of late in Atlanta)...only drafts 05-07 are Allen drafts.

Just be quiet, you probably can't even spell football.

Last edited by simms2clayton : 05-02-2007 at 02:53 AM.
Old 05-02-2007, 02:59 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Am I not entitled to my own opinion and is it wrong to 'dare to be different'? I don't like our draft plan nor do I like many of the specific players we took. We haven't had a single productive draft under Gruden and this one will not break the trend. Gaines Adams and Tanard Jackson could become fixtures in our defense, but the rest of the guys are unlikely to reach expectations.
If you want to wallow in your own negativeness then go ahead, but I myself like to be optimistic about our draft picks.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 03:01 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by simms2clayton View Post

Okay. I guess then that players like Michael Clayton, Caddillac Wiliams, Barrett Ruud, Alex Smith, Dan Buenning, Paris Warren (good for a 7th rounder), Davin Joseph, Jeremy Trueblood, Maurice Stovall, and Bruce Gradkowski are all mediocre players.

That isn't even counting Alan Zemaitis and TJ Williams from the 2006 draft because they got injured so who knows. Also, the 2004 draft was crap because it was a McKay draft (who has been having some great drafts of late in Atlanta)...only drafts 05-07 are Allen drafts.

Hate to break it to you, but Gradkowski and Warren at this stage are less than mediocre players. Clayton, Williams, Buenning, Smith, Buenning, Joseph and Trueblood have proved it on the field and were good picks. The jury is still out on Ruud but I have really high hopes for him this season.

Old 05-02-2007, 07:50 AM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think it's a worthy gamble for Tampa Bay. Ryan has talent. He was always overrated, but there's talent there. The likelihood was that someone would take a gamble on him if he got cut, there was no guarantee that Tampa Bay could get him. I'm sure they didn't give up much for him, and now they get him in and get to work with him early on. Definitely makes sense for KC, as they would've cut him.

Btw, I liked Tampa Bay's draft. They really have a good looking OL right now, and they added depth at a lot of key spots. Peterson is a good looking talent inside, and Adams adds an edge rusher. Piscitelli is the type of safety that could really excel in the scheme, a la John Lynch, and Quincy Black is a bit raw, but has top linebacking potential. I'm assuming Tanard gets worked at CB, and he's ap otential fit there as well. Marcus Hamilton is a potential scheme fit late as well. Could've used a WR in there somewhere perhaps, but it was a really sound draft, IMO. I expect they'll watch the wires to see if a WR falls out, or perhaps make a deal for one.

Overall, they are one of my top 10 drafts.
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 01:52 PM    (permalink
portermvp84
Pro Bowler

portermvp84 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Soild starter, I'm guessing the Bucs gave up a 6th rounder.

Thanks to jackalope
portermvp84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 02:05 PM    (permalink
Ho0k Em'
Pro Bowler

Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by portermvp84 View Post
Soild starter, I'm guessing the Bucs gave up a 6th rounder.
Solid bench warmer you mean. He should never sniff the starting line-up.
Old 05-02-2007, 02:25 PM    (permalink
JCshutEmDown
Rookie

JCshutEmDown hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

People were calling Warren Sapp a bust after 1995 and then in his first year in Kiffin's defense in 1996 he doubled his tackles and tripled his sacks. I'm not saying Sims will be even close to Sapp, but he was the 6th overall pick and this defense is made for the 3-technique DT.
JCshutEmDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 03:52 PM    (permalink
marks01234
Veteran

marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's worth about a 7th in 2050.
marks01234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 04:06 PM    (permalink
TwOne
Rookie

TwOne hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toonsterwu View Post

Btw, I liked Tampa Bay's draft. They really have a good looking OL right now, and they added depth at a lot of key spots. Peterson is a good looking talent inside, and Adams adds an edge rusher. Piscitelli is the type of safety that could really excel in the scheme, a la John Lynch, and Quincy Black is a bit raw, but has top linebacking potential. I'm assuming Tanard gets worked at CB, and he's ap otential fit there as well. Marcus Hamilton is a potential scheme fit late as well. Could've used a WR in there somewhere perhaps, but it was a really sound draft, IMO. I expect they'll watch the wires to see if a WR falls out, or perhaps make a deal for one.

Overall, they are one of my top 10 drafts.
Finally someone else besides me and S2C that love our draft and Piscitelli and Jackson will most likely end up starting this season at Safety

Angels Record: 6-8
TwOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 04:30 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by simms2clayton View Post

According to your philosophy you can combine players from three drafts into one good one. Try telling me we've had one individual draft that has been an overwhelming success. 2005 was pretty good, but time will tell how good.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-02-2007, 04:32 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Hate to break it to you, but Gradkowski and Warren at this stage are less than mediocre players. Clayton, Williams, Buenning, Smith, Buenning, Joseph and Trueblood have proved it on the field and were good picks. The jury is still out on Ruud but I have really high hopes for him this season.
Ruud has proven a lot more on the field than Trueblood, Smith and recent Clayton. Buenning played well as a rookie but injuries may hamper his future success.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-02-2007, 05:39 PM    (permalink
#1chiefs_fan

its about time we got rid of his lazy a$*
Old 05-02-2007, 06:57 PM    (permalink
Ho0k Em'
Pro Bowler

Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCshutEmDown View Post
People were calling Warren Sapp a bust after 1995 and then in his first year in Kiffin's defense in 1996 he doubled his tackles and tripled his sacks. I'm not saying Sims will be even close to Sapp, but he was the 6th overall pick and this defense is made for the 3-technique DT.
1995 was his rookie year so you really can't compare the two. This guy is entering his 6th year with a total of 5 sacks.
Old 05-02-2007, 08:17 PM    (permalink
ks_perfection
Veteran

ks_perfection hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Gruden should have taken Winston Justice instead of Joseph. Than not take Trueblood in the 2nd.
ks_perfection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 09:29 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ks_perfection View Post
Gruden should have taken Winston Justice instead of Joseph. Than not take Trueblood in the 2nd.
Davin Joseph>>>>>Winston Justice for now.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-03-2007, 09:01 AM    (permalink
ks_perfection
Veteran

Quote:
Davin Joseph>>>>>Winston Justice for now.
How do you know? Justice hasn't played yet.
Old 05-03-2007, 09:12 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
How do you know? Justice hasn't played yet.
Can you read? Hence etk using the words "for now".

Old 05-03-2007, 09:18 AM    (permalink
ks_perfection
Veteran

Quote:
Can you read? Hence etk using the words "for now".
Okay, so how do I compare how 1 guy who isn't playing to 1 that is?
Old 05-03-2007, 09:28 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Okay, so how do I compare how 1 guy who isn't playing to 1 that is?
You were the first one to compare apples to oranges comparing a guard with a tackle.

Old 05-03-2007, 10:00 AM    (permalink
-black
Pro Bowler

-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chris Hovan all over again......hopefully

-sig by jkpigskin
-black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 11:32 AM    (permalink
simms2clayton

Quote:
According to your philosophy you can combine players from three drafts into one good one. Try telling me we've had one individual draft that has been an overwhelming success. 2005 was pretty good, but time will tell how good.
Man, no one has a perfect draft. No body can get every pick right. Your expectations are too high. Btw, when this team starts winning again thanks to these past 2 drafts, don't cheer a single play. Just sit there and say to yourself that Bruce Allen doesn't know what he is doing. Only that.
Old 05-03-2007, 11:35 AM    (permalink
simms2clayton

Quote:
Warren will never be better than a 5th WR on this team. I realize that, but that doesn't mean he is a bad draft pick.

How can you judge a player only after their rookie year. Gradkowski was a ****** rookie with no running game and a bad defense. Just because he isn't VY doesn't mean he is a bad player. I think Grad will be a very good backup for this team for years to come. Not bad for a 6th rounder (I think he was our 6th rounder, maybe a 5th but who cares.)