Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Who is the best RB of this group?
Fred Taylor 3 2.83%
Reggie Bush 10 9.43%
Deuce McAllister 4 3.77%
Steven Jackson 84 79.25%
Edgerrin James 5 4.72%
Voters: 106. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-01-2007, 07:41 PM    (permalink
nfrillman
Veteran

nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.
Default Who is the best RB of this group?

There is a bit of a debate going on and I was wondering if you guys could help us out and vote on this.

I am done arguing, until somebody says something stupid.

Last edited by nfrillman : 05-01-2007 at 07:43 PM.
nfrillman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 07:43 PM    (permalink
Ho0k Em'
Pro Bowler

Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.

Jackson
McAllister
Bush
James
Taylor

At this point in their career IMO.
Space Ghost
Veteran

Space Ghost hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I'd take Jackson for sure, after him I'd probably take Fred Taylor if he could give me 16 un-injured games.
Space Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
lionsfan81
Rookie

lionsfan81 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.lionsfan81 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Steven Jackson
lionsfan81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 07:48 PM    (permalink
Im_a_Romosexual
Pro Bowler

Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Reggie Bush is the total opposite of the other guys listed...
Im_a_Romosexual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 07:53 PM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler

JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.

That's not a debate. Steven Jackson is one of the best Running backs in the league (Second best IMO). The other guys don't have a legitimate place in that discussion if he's in it.
JK17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 07:55 PM    (permalink
Ho0k Em'
Pro Bowler

Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK17 View Post
That's not a debate. Steven Jackson is one of the best Running backs in the league (Second best IMO). The other guys don't have a legitimate place in that discussion if he's in it.
You think Steven Jackson in better than LJ???
Old 05-01-2007, 07:56 PM    (permalink
benroethlisberger

Fred Taylor #5
Reggie Bush #4
Deuce McAllister #3
Steven Jackson #1
Edgerrin James #2

Here's how I rate them in order.
Old 05-01-2007, 07:58 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jackson is the 3rdbest Rb in the NFL.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 07:59 PM    (permalink
nfrillman
Veteran

nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Well that is my opinion that he is top 3 and top 5 without a doubt, but this guy in the Rams Team Board listed those guys along with LT, LJ, Gore, Alexander, and Portis which are at least debatable as better than Jackson. I told him if he wanted to be taken seriously he had better not be saying Edge, Deuce, Bush, or Taylor are better than Jackson, so I decided to prove it to him with this poll.

Old 05-01-2007, 08:00 PM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler

JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ho0k Em' View Post
You think Steven Jackson in better than LJ???
Yes. LJ is overrated (Edit: bad word choice, I don't mean he isn't good), that comes with a bias partly as a Charger fan but also based on the system he is, getting 30+ carries a game. A lot of his numbers his breakout year were inflated because of that dominant O-Line and people wouldn't plan for him. I know numbers don't tell a whole story but look at their numbers if you want (they don't indicate that SJ or LJ is better, just that they are close in numbers, with a slight overall edge to SJ).

Jackson had 348 carries for 1528 yards and 13 TDs, as well as 90 catches for 806 yards and 3 TDs.

Johnson had 413 carries for 1789 yrds and 17 TDs, as well as 41 catches for 410 yards and 2 TDs.

They have similar YPC (4.4 to 4.3 with Jackson being the better). When you take into account total yardage Jackson also has the edge and is a much more signifcant threat and multi-talented RB.

Now that being said I know its not clear cut and those guys are 2-3 probably in the league, its just my personal preference of SJ over LJ.
Old 05-01-2007, 08:02 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Larry had 10 yrds per reception. was it hisfault he wasnt utilized in thepassinggame as much?

But The armadillo is the 3rd best and might leap frog Johnson this year.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 08:03 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jackson. The dudes an absolute beast. I wouldn't put James behind a good line all that far behind.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 08:03 PM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
Larry had 10 yrds per reception. was it hisfault he wasnt utilized in thepassinggame as much?

Jackson had about 9 if I'm doing the math right, but it could be his fault because he could not be as powerful of a threat as a receiver....
It could aslo be though that the Chiefs would rather use him as a runner, which is why like I said, its so close and its a matter of personal preference with those two guys, and I just like what jackson brings to the table better.
Old 05-01-2007, 08:04 PM    (permalink
nfrillman
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post

I really don't think that 17 catches is enough of a sampling size to bring up his 10.0 yards per catch. I am of the same opinion as many of you that LJ and SJ are very close for 2nd. Being a Rams fan I'd take Jackson just because LJ is getting so many carries I don't know how long he will last.

Old 05-01-2007, 08:07 PM    (permalink
Ho0k Em'
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Yes. LJ is overrated (Edit: bad word choice, I don't mean he isn't good), that comes with a bias partly as a Charger fan but also based on the system he is, getting 30+ carries a game. A lot of his numbers his breakout year were inflated because of that dominant O-Line and people wouldn't plan for him. I know numbers don't tell a whole story but look at their numbers if you want (they don't indicate that SJ or LJ is better, just that they are close in numbers, with a slight overall edge to SJ).

Jackson had 348 carries for 1528 yards and 13 TDs, as well as 90 catches for 806 yards and 3 TDs.

Johnson had 413 carries for 1789 yrds and 17 TDs, as well as 41 catches for 410 yards and 2 TDs.

They have similar YPC (4.4 to 4.3 with Jackson being the better). When you take into account total yardage Jackson also has the edge and is a much more signifcant threat and multi-talented RB.

Now that being said I know its not clear cut and those guys are 2-3 probably in the league, its just my personal preference of SJ over LJ.
I have a hard time believing you watched the Chiefs this past year if your calling our line dominate. Our line wasn't even solid let alone dominant. Their line is much better than ours. I'll give you that Jackson is a better reciever, but he plays in a system more favorable for RB's recieving out of the backfield. LJ was ALWAYS the focus of other teams. LJ isn't a scrub recieving though. I'm not going to say you opinion is wrong or even far gone, but i just simply don't agree. I'm obviously a bit bias, but most people would agree with me.
Old 05-01-2007, 08:09 PM    (permalink
Ho0k Em'
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfrillman View Post
I really don't think that 17 catches is enough of a sampling size to bring up his 10.0 yards per catch. I am of the same opinion as many of you that LJ and SJ are very close for 2nd. Being a Rams fan I'd take Jackson just because LJ is getting so many carries I don't know how long he will last.
I probably would too, but right now IMO LJ is the better running back.
Old 05-01-2007, 08:10 PM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ho0k Em' View Post
I have a hard time believing you watched the Chiefs this past year if your calling our line dominate. Our line wasn't even solid let alone dominant. Their line is much better than ours. I'll give you that Jackson is a better reciever, but he plays in a system more favorable for RB's recieving out of the backfield. LJ was ALWAYS the focus of other teams. LJ isn't a scrub recieving though. I'm not going to say you opinion is wrong or even far gone, but i just simply don't agree. I'm obviously a bit bias, but most people would agree with me.

I wasn't talking about last year I was talking about LJ's 1750 yard season, in 05 i think it was. And the line was pretty dominant then, and he had the advantage of sneaking up on some teams because Priest Holmes was still the main guy....

I would agree that the line has fallen apart as of late though, and that LJ is still a decent threat out of the backfiled, just a matter of preference with SJ over LJ...and that I'm a Charger fan.
Old 05-01-2007, 08:10 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Steven Jackson for sure

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 08:11 PM    (permalink
swagger
Veteran

swagger hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Steven Jackson.

sig by vikes99ej

RIP Sean Taylor
4/1/1983 - 11/27/2007
swagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 08:12 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jackson
McAllister
Bush
Taylor
James

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 08:13 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Steven Jackson is very versatile and has the punishing size to be a dominating force.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 08:14 PM    (permalink
swagger
Veteran

swagger hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I still think Edge would be a top back if he had the blocking.

sig by vikes99ej

RIP Sean Taylor
4/1/1983 - 11/27/2007
swagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 08:15 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Stephen Jackson. He is young and extremely productive. He'll be my #1 target this year for Fantasy Football.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 08:16 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jackson by a frickin country mile.
Paul is online now   Reply With Quote