Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 05-01-2007, 10:53 PM    (permalink
HuskerNation
Rookie

HuskerNation needs more cowbell.
Default Fred Rouse........He's back!!!!!!!!

Let's be honest, no receiver is ever gonna be jack crap in that thing they call an offense at FSU, and I don't really blame Freddy for getting pissed and bouncing. Yeah, I know he got booted too, but he was leaving either way. Fred Rouse in Mike Price's offense is gonna be scary folks. Go back and watch the high school high-lights and you'll see why he is considered one of the greatest prospects ever to come out of Florida, the size, speed, body control, are just flat out rediculous. Once he gets up to speed in Price's offense, and gets his game speed going again, we could be talking about him being the best in the entire NCAA a year from now (Yes, he is that good). Can't wait for the Fred Rouse show down in El Paso.
Old 05-01-2007, 11:13 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

From what I have seen of him during spring ball, he was nothing special. He did nothing in the spring game, and not much else during the practice(when he wasn't hurt.) He may have been great in high school, but I don't see him amounting to anything at UTEP. He ran a terrible 40 time(around a 4.7). He also seems to have a pretty bad attitude also.
Old 05-01-2007, 11:40 PM    (permalink
Joeyjr09

He has a horrible attitude, never got along well in the FSU lockeroom and never really showed much talent on the field. I was expecting so much of him when he got to FSU but he was outplayed by fellow freshman Greg Carr who was not nearly as talented as Rouse was.

You can say all you want about the FSU offense but they lead the ACC in passing the year Rouse was there and he could not even get on the field in that pass happy offense. I seriously doubt he's gonna suddenly put it all together at UTEP if he couldn't cut it in an FSU offense that did nothing but throw the ball.

You can say all you want about Rouse planning on leaving but that was because he was a crybaby that wanted his WR position handed to him and did not want to earn it. He was kicked out off the football team because he was a cancer to the team. When was the last time you've seen a top prospect get kicked out of school and actually turn into a superstar somewhere else? Very rare that will ever happen. Good luck with him but I go to FSU and have seen the kid and your getting set up for a big letdown with him.

He's TO without the talent.
Old 05-01-2007, 11:52 PM    (permalink
snuff

Looks like Huskernation is getting dominated again...
Old 05-02-2007, 11:53 AM    (permalink
Newbs24
Rookie

Newbs24 is a cocksman.Newbs24 is a cocksman.Newbs24 is a cocksman.Newbs24 is a cocksman.

I really hope this kid can turn it around and make it to the L. He looks to have taken the Charles Rogers pill for becoming slower.

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermario86 View Post
Stanton will be a pro bowler his 5th year book it.
Newbs24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 01:31 PM    (permalink
HuskerNation
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by snuff View Post
Looks like Huskernation is getting dominated again...
Dominated? Nah, people can state their opinions. Just cause a couple folks disagree doesn;'t change my min dabout him. He ran that 4.7 or whatevere with a serious leg injury. He will be more than fine at UTEP.
Old 05-18-2007, 07:59 PM    (permalink
jbooshey
Rookie

jbooshey is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjbooshey is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjbooshey is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjbooshey is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjbooshey is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjbooshey is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjbooshey is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjbooshey is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjbooshey is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjbooshey is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjbooshey is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

I remember back in the day when he was in high school and ESPN the Mag ran a story on him...the subject...leaving high school for the pros much like basketball at the time...I would think that they aren't going to touch on that story a second time.
jbooshey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 08:08 PM    (permalink
-black
Pro Bowler

-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

fred mutha effin rouse.....what more can i say

-sig by jkpigskin
-black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 11:53 PM    (permalink
BigJohn98
Pro Bowler

BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wasn't all that impressed when I watched his film. Julio Jones looks 10x better than Rouse did IMO.
BigJohn98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 12:15 AM    (permalink
BuddyCHRIST
Veteran

BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

horrible attitude, when he's yelling at your coaches like Keyshawn or T.O. you'll realize you made a mistake.
BuddyCHRIST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 05:38 AM    (permalink
reese

hope he gets it together i hate to see talent like that go to waste
Old 05-19-2007, 10:42 AM    (permalink
DoWnThEfiElD
Pro Bowler

DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wasn't he the kid who said he could go to the pros from high school what a moron.
Old 05-19-2007, 11:00 AM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No better than Johnnie Lee Higgins.

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 03:11 PM    (permalink
HuskerNation
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebow305 View Post
No better than Johnnie Lee Higgins.
How can you make a statement like that when Rouse is a soph. and higgins is a graduating senior who is 3 years older with more experience? Idiotic stuff man....
Old 05-19-2007, 03:19 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Fred Rouse will be a top 15 WR this year. Put that in a sig ladies and gents

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 08:44 PM    (permalink
SHOWTIME

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyjr09 View Post

When was the last time you've seen a top prospect get kicked out of school and actually turn into a superstar somewhere else? Very rare that will ever happen.
MR. RANDY MOSS HIMSELF OF COURSE

After originally signing a letter of intent to play college football with Notre Dame in 1995, Moss took part in a racially-charged fight at his high school that left one person hospitalized. He entered a plea of guilty to battery, and received probation along with a 30-day suspended jail sentence.[4] Notre Dame subsequently revoked his scholarship, but this did not stop another high-profile college football program from giving him a chance. Notre Dame officials suggested he attend Florida State due to the reputation of its coach, Bobby Bowden, for handling troubled players.[5] However, because of his signed letter of intent at Notre Dame, the NCAA considered him a transfer student, which made him ineligible to play for the Seminoles in the 1995 football season. He was red-shirted in his freshman season.[5] While at Florida State, Moss ran a 4.25 40-yard dash while only Deion Sanders, with a 4.23 40-yard dash, had achieved better.[1]

In 1996, while serving his 30-day jail sentence in a work-release program from 1995, Moss tested positive for smoking marijuana, thus violating his probation, and was let go by Florida State. He served an additional 60 days in jail for the probation violation.[5]

Ultimately, Moss transferred to Marshall University, about an hour's drive from his home. Because Marshall was then a Division I-AA school, NCAA rules allowed him to transfer there without losing any further eligibility. In 1996, he set the NCAA Division I-AA records for most games with a touchdown catch in a season (14), most consecutive games with a touchdown catch (13), most touchdown passes caught by a freshman in a season (29), and most receiving yards gained by a freshman in a season (1709 on 78 catches), record which still stands. Moss was also the leading kickoff returner in Division I-AA on the season, with 484 total yards and a 34.6 yard average. Marshall went undefeated and won the Division I-AA title in its last season before moving to Division I-A.
Old 05-20-2007, 09:52 PM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskerNation View Post
How can you make a statement like that when Rouse is a soph. and higgins is a graduating senior who is 3 years older with more experience? Idiotic stuff man....
UHHHHH...... I'm saying he will be no better than Higgins when it is all said and done.... Idiotic stuff man. :p

My reply was idiotic? This whole THREAD was idiotic!

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 01:10 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHOWTIME View Post

After originally signing a letter of intent to play college football with Notre Dame in 1995, Moss took part in a racially-charged fight at his high school that left one person hospitalized. He entered a plea of guilty to battery, and received probation along with a 30-day suspended jail sentence.[4] Notre Dame subsequently revoked his scholarship, but this did not stop another high-profile college football program from giving him a chance. Notre Dame officials suggested he attend Florida State due to the reputation of its coach, Bobby Bowden, for handling troubled players.[5] However, because of his signed letter of intent at Notre Dame, the NCAA considered him a transfer student, which made him ineligible to play for the Seminoles in the 1995 football season. He was red-shirted in his freshman season.[5] While at Florida State, Moss ran a 4.25 40-yard dash while only Deion Sanders, with a 4.23 40-yard dash, had achieved better.[1]

In 1996, while serving his 30-day jail sentence in a work-release program from 1995, Moss tested positive for smoking marijuana, thus violating his probation, and was let go by Florida State. He served an additional 60 days in jail for the probation violation.[5]

Ultimately, Moss transferred to Marshall University, about an hour's drive from his home. Because Marshall was then a Division I-AA school, NCAA rules allowed him to transfer there without losing any further eligibility. In 1996, he set the NCAA Division I-AA records for most games with a touchdown catch in a season (14), most consecutive games with a touchdown catch (13), most touchdown passes caught by a freshman in a season (29), and most receiving yards gained by a freshman in a season (1709 on 78 catches), record which still stands. Moss was also the leading kickoff returner in Division I-AA on the season, with 484 total yards and a 34.6 yard average. Marshall went undefeated and won the Division I-AA title in its last season before moving to Division I-A.
Hey congratulations you can copy and paste from Wikipedia! That's impressive
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 01:24 AM    (permalink
Joeyjr09

Quote:

OK so of all the guys that transfer from a top division 1 school to second tier programs, the only player you can think of is Randy Moss.

I hate it when people think they are smart by posting this stuff. Just because one guy did it, does not make it likely. Randy Moss is the exception, not the rule. For every Randy Moss that makes it, there's hundreds or thousands that don't.

And to top it off, it figures the only guy you can find is one of the best WRs of our time. Rouse isn't anywhere near that level. I watched him play 1st hand. He faded into the background every chance he got.

BTW... Randy Moss was still running 4.25 40's while all this was going on. Rouse ran a 4.7. But your 100 percent right, if Randy Moss can do it, so can Fred Rouse. Please think before you copy other's info and post it on here.
Old 05-21-2007, 01:27 AM    (permalink
reese

Quote:
OK so of all the guys that transfer from a top division 1 school to second tier programs, the only player you can think of is Randy Moss.

I hate it when people think they are smart by posting this stuff. Just because one guy did it, does not make it likely. Randy Moss is the exception, not the rule. For every Randy Moss that makes it, there's hundreds or thousands that don't.

And to top it off, it figures the only guy you can find is one of the best WRs of our time. Rouse isn't anywhere near that level. I watched him play 1st hand. He faded into the background every chance he got.

BTW... Randy Moss was still running 4.25 40's while all this was going on. Rouse ran a 4.7. But your 100 percent right, if Randy Moss can do it, so can Fred Rouse. Please think before you copy other's info and post it on here.

i think he only posted that becuz someone asked when is the last time somethin like that happened...i dont thnk he posted it tryin to say that rouse would make it cuz moss did
Old 05-21-2007, 01:37 AM    (permalink
Joeyjr09

Quote:
Originally Posted by reese View Post
i think he only posted that becuz someone asked when is the last time somethin like that happened...i dont thnk he posted it tryin to say that rouse would make it cuz moss did

I was the one that posted when was the last time something like that happened. It wasn't meant for a literal anwser. The fact that he had to go all the way back to Randy Moss proves my point that the chances of Rouse making it are slim to none.

Last edited by Joeyjr09 : 05-21-2007 at 05:09 AM.
Old 05-21-2007, 01:39 AM    (permalink
reese

Quote:
I was the one that posted when was the last time something like that happened. It was meant for a litteral anwser. The fact that he had to go all the way back to Randy Moss proves my point that the chances of Rouse making it are slim to none.

ok well like i said he answered ur question...randy moss was the last one to do it...no where in his post did he say rouse was gonna do it..he just said moss was the last
Old 05-21-2007, 02:31 AM    (permalink
SHOWTIME

Quote:
Originally Posted by reese View Post
ok well like i said he answered ur question...randy moss was the last one to do it...no where in his post did he say rouse was gonna do it..he just said moss was the last

exactly my point :-) thanx. i doubt the guy will even get through a full semester of college, doesnt seem dedicated enough. i was just making a point that it has been done before

Last edited by SHOWTIME : 05-21-2007 at 02:33 AM.
Old 05-21-2007, 05:07 AM    (permalink
Joeyjr09

Quote:
exactly my point :-) thanx. i doubt the guy will even get through a full semester of college, doesnt seem dedicated enough. i was just making a point that it has been done before
We all know it has been done before. That point of the question was to show that it does not happen very often. The question was not mean to be taken in a literal sense. If you read it in the context of the rest of the post instead of just taking out the question, you would see that I was merely using it to point out that those situations rarely pan out.

When asked the question, people should think, notice they can't find a person off the top of their head and then understand my point more clearly that these situations rarely pan out. Obiviously, you did not understand that as you took the question in a literal sense. Learn how to read in the context of what's going on with the rest of the post instead of taking every sentence literally.

Last edited by Joeyjr09 : 05-21-2007 at 05:10 AM.
Old 05-21-2007, 03:54 PM    (permalink
SHOWTIME

somebodys taking this a little personal huh lol bro this is just a thread and not who wants to be a millionare. so chill out, your not going to lose any lifelines if your wrong :-)

Last edited by SHOWTIME : 05-21-2007 at 03:57 PM.