Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 05-02-2007, 10:17 AM    (permalink
JCarver27
Rookie

JCarver27 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

not much homerism in this thread
JCarver27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 10:50 AM    (permalink
constant cough
Rookie

constant cough hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Best Stadiums are in the SEC. Duh
constant cough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 11:59 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by constant cough View Post
Best Stadiums are in the SEC. Duh
Please don't...even if your kidding...

let's atleast keep this a thread about homerism arguing with homerism and not SEC vs. the world
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 03:54 PM    (permalink
Veteran

22,895 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by benchod View Post
Its old?

The Coliseum is like the Sports Arena the USC basketball team used to play in, it has 'history' and that's about it.

I prefer the Rose Bowl.
The question is what isn't great about it. I mean the place is always going crazy beautiful weather a great atmosphere etc.
22,895 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 03:58 PM    (permalink
snuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by 22,895 View Post
The question is what isn't great about it. I mean the place is always going crazy beautiful weather a great atmosphere etc.
Ummm Its in Los Angeles.
Old 05-02-2007, 03:59 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well, for starters, the place is half-empty during SC down years.
Old 05-02-2007, 05:59 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll put the Big House in there, simply because I like the history and the team of course. But unfortunately, the design is absolutely not conducive to making a loud stadium. In terms of actual crazy, fun atmosphere to watch a game, I've been to better, but it's still my favorite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!
ironman4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 06:10 PM    (permalink
BigJohn98
Pro Bowler

BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Guys, come on now. It's gotta be the Orange Bowl. ;)

But in all seriousness, Doak Campbell Stadium is a very beautiful stadium.

BigJohn98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 06:11 PM    (permalink
TH3
Veteran

TH3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.TH3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Nebraska has one of the best stadiums and some of the best fans in the nation

Edit: I am an Oklahoma fan

Last edited by TH3 : 05-02-2007 at 06:16 PM.
TH3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 06:15 PM    (permalink
Unbiased
Pro Bowler

Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Shouldn't the thread title just be "Name your team's stadium here?"
Unbiased is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 06:28 PM    (permalink
Titans10
Veteran

Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The modern day Roman Coliseum

Neyland Stadium

All homerism aside
The Swamp
Death Valley
Florida State's(whatever the name)

All-hail Bulluck
Titans10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 07:22 PM    (permalink
AggieGreg06
Rookie

AggieGreg06 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Last edited by AggieGreg06 : 05-02-2007 at 10:23 PM.
AggieGreg06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 07:43 PM    (permalink
JoeSixPac
Rookie

JoeSixPac hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I would post a picture but i'm a N00b and don't know how.

the big house
JoeSixPac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 10:19 PM    (permalink
benchod
Rookie

benchod is a cocksman.benchod is a cocksman.benchod is a cocksman.benchod is a cocksman.

Quote:
You realize the weather argument is moot when the Rose Bowl is not more than 20 miles north.
benchod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 05:51 AM    (permalink
Bigbadbob72
Rookie

Bigbadbob72 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tEk View Post
why the rosebowl is incredibly uncomfortable to watch a game at. at least for visitors. i mean you sit on a metal bench with no back support. how lame is that.
I'm pretty sure that there are no more benches and it is all stadium seats now. If not then its only a small little bit that isn't and to bad if your sitting there.
Old 05-05-2007, 01:04 PM    (permalink
kalbears13
Pro Bowler

Location: The difference between a child's toy and an adult toy
kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know how you think the Colliseum(spelling?) is the best stadium. It's in the middle of the ghetto and I remember the bathrooms being port-a-potties and to get in the stadium you have to walk in through a long and narrow tunnel. Plus I had the worst experience ever there.
Old 05-05-2007, 04:58 PM    (permalink
Bigbadbob72
Rookie

Bigbadbob72 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalbears13 View Post
I don't know how you think the Colliseum(spelling?) is the best stadium. It's in the middle of the ghetto and I remember the bathrooms being port-a-potties and to get in the stadium you have to walk in through a long and narrow tunnel. Plus I had the worst experience ever there.
ya it does suck and every one from USC thinks everything they has is the best. Its not the best stadium.
Old 05-05-2007, 05:19 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
haha no offense sweetness...I wasn't that impressed this year...most students thought going to the bars was tailgating...but the student section was pretty organized
That's why I said "post rennovation" and the tailgaiting hasn't been good because our team has sucked the past 4 or 5 years. With some expectations now, it'll be much better. I think I'm going to the Michigan Game though, which should be pretty awesome.

When the rennovations get done at Memorial, it's going to look pretty nice. It won't be the best stadium, but it'll be much improved.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 05:54 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im glad Im not the first to say Neyland

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 07:37 PM    (permalink
CrackerJack465
Rookie

CrackerJack465 could make a wolverine purr.CrackerJack465 could make a wolverine purr.CrackerJack465 could make a wolverine purr.CrackerJack465 could make a wolverine purr.CrackerJack465 could make a wolverine purr.CrackerJack465 could make a wolverine purr.CrackerJack465 could make a wolverine purr.

The Horseshoe
Old 05-05-2007, 07:39 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It'd be a bit more interesting if folks would actually post a reason or two as to why their stadium should be considered among the best. I mean, we're all homers when it comes to this topic, but at least back it with some substance.
Old 05-05-2007, 08:10 PM    (permalink
cardsalltheway
Veteran

cardsalltheway is a cocksman.cardsalltheway is a cocksman.cardsalltheway is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
That's why I said "post rennovation" and the tailgaiting hasn't been good because our team has sucked the past 4 or 5 years. With some expectations now, it'll be much better. I think I'm going to the Michigan Game though, which should be pretty awesome.

When the rennovations get done at Memorial, it's going to look pretty nice. It won't be the best stadium, but it'll be much improved.
You really think that's gonna be a fun game to go to?

Designs by D-Unit

ILEMTPKC - I Love Eli Manning <The Patriots Killer> Club
cardsalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 03:39 AM    (permalink
texassooner59

Home of the Sooners baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 05-06-2007, 12:35 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

since we are all just touting our homer stadiums, I'll go with Kyle Field:

But that is an older pic, it shows the old video screen at the bottom, what it's not showing is the 110 foot tall video board they built before this season, which contains 590,000 pixels on 154 video panels with a screen size of 74 ft by 54 ft:

I just think ours is the best because people here will cheer non-stop and they stay the whole game, even if we are losing by like 30 points.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Last edited by Brent : 05-06-2007 at 12:37 PM.
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 06:45 PM    (permalink
NittanyLion2k7
Pro Bowler

NittanyLion2k7 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Beaver Stadium

107,000 + capacity, 2nd largest in America behind only the Big House.

Tailgating is very good but I dont' think it's the best in America. Homefield edge is very good however as the Lions win about 80% of all there home games.

Took down alot of good teams at Beaver Stadium, most recently in 2006 the OSU team lost there shot at a national title after falling to the Lions in primetime 17-10.
NittanyLion2k7 is offline   Reply With Quote