Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 05-06-2007, 07:02 PM    (permalink
504 to ATL
Veteran

504 to ATL 504 to ATL 504 to ATL 504 to ATL

I dont think there is any stadium which can be labeled "best stadium in the nation."

To have the best stadium it all depends on the atmosphere, and that is completely dependent on the fans. The best stadium to me would have to be which ever one is loudest and most distracting to the opposing team.

raucous and rambunctious fans are what make college football, be it their tailgating before the game to celebrate a great american tradition, college football, or just the pride and school spirit they posess.

From a historic standpoint the historic college institutions which take great pride in their football must be among the top. As for noise and sheer volume that is another question.

From a personal standpoint I can say that going from capacity Clemson is one of the loudest stadiums in the nation, they dont have the most fans but are still louder than most stadiums out there. The Swamp is another great place to visit if you are a Gator fan, otherwise you team is in for some trouble.

LSU has some great tailgating and SEC games there are deafening. Heck how many other schools can claim to cause seismic readings due to a football game?

Since I am a southern boy I have not had the pleasure to visit the rest of the nation's stadiums, dont be offended if I did not include some of the preeminent stadiums it is only because I have not visited them in person.

Anyway thats my two cents for what makes a great stadium, comments appreciated.
504 to ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 12:25 AM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd love to go to a game a Kyle Field, its on my list of things to do.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 02:08 AM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sun Devil Stadium (Arizona State)

Jordan-Hare Stadium (Auburn)

Sam Boyd Stadium (UNLV)

Honolulu Stadium (Hawaii)

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 02:40 PM    (permalink
tdpennstate

Beaver Stadium- Penn State Nittany Lions!

Voted the best place in college football by SI.
Old 05-08-2007, 03:32 PM    (permalink
therock6000
Veteran

therock6000 could make a wolverine purr.therock6000 could make a wolverine purr.therock6000 could make a wolverine purr.therock6000 could make a wolverine purr.therock6000 could make a wolverine purr.therock6000 could make a wolverine purr.

3 reasons why I'd vote for Notre Dame Stadium

TOUCHDOWN JESUS! ITS LIKE REGULAR JESUS, BUT BETTER!

THE GROTTO! BLOW OUT A CANDLE AND HOPE THAT COACH TUBBY DOESN'T HAVE A STROKE BEFORE KICKOFF!

PRETTY MUCH THE MOST AWESOME DOME IN THE WORLD!

In all seriousness, the history/intanglibles (grotto, basilica, bookstore, etc.) at ND are what make it the best IMO. The seats are small and the fans are fat...not the best combination, and the crowd is mild at best...noise wise they are easily bested by SEC stadiums (and i'm sure by Big ten, twelve, whatever...i've just only experienced SEC games outside of ND).

I had a dream that Brady Quinn was rollin' with Omarosa in a 1987 LeSabre
therock6000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 03:39 PM    (permalink
LitoSheppard
Veteran

LitoSheppard needs more cowbell.

Penn state holds the most

^ bantx
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEROY_FROM_YONDER View Post
**** this forum it will never ever been good cause its memebers eat doo doo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
I just left him negative rep saying "I don't eat doo doo".
LitoSheppard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 03:32 AM    (permalink
Forzy

Just out of interest, what is the biggest/best high school stadium?
Old 05-09-2007, 04:01 AM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forzy View Post
Just out of interest, what is the biggest/best high school stadium?
I have no idea, but it would be a safe bet to assume it's somewhere in Texas. I'm interested to find this out as well. I just tried google, but didn't come up with anything. I'm sure somebody will chime in.
Old 05-09-2007, 09:49 AM    (permalink
portermvp84
Pro Bowler

portermvp84 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCJ58 View Post
Sun Devil Stadium (Arizona State)

Jordan-Hare Stadium (Auburn)

Sam Boyd Stadium (UNLV)

Honolulu Stadium (Hawaii)
IMO, one of the best stadiums out there.

Thanks to jackalope
portermvp84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 10:27 AM    (permalink
Bengals1690
Veteran

Bengals1690 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Bengals1690 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Neyland Staduim and the Horseshoe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mythbusta View Post
i love my pedestal. thats why im the mythbusta.
who dey?
Bengals1690 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 10:40 AM    (permalink
constant cough
Rookie

constant cough hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

constant cough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 01:02 PM    (permalink
JCarver27
Rookie

JCarver27 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LitoSheppard View Post
Penn state holds the most
or not, but don't let facts get in the way of a good story.
JCarver27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 10:58 PM    (permalink
kalbears13
Pro Bowler

Location: The difference between a child's toy and an adult toy
kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My High School's Football Field. Capacity: Four broken beach chairs and 7 trash cans for stray cats.

Last edited by kalbears13 : 05-24-2007 at 10:51 AM.
kalbears13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 11:25 PM    (permalink
Komp
Veteran

Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn98 View Post

But in all seriousness, Doak Campbell Stadium is a very beautiful stadium.

Doak Walker is a sight to behold, from a design/aesthetic perspective it might be the nicest.

I've never had the opportunity to attend many games, but I watch Florida games pretty religiously and every time we have to go to Neyland I crap my pants at the beginning of the game. The sea of orange is unreal and what an atmosphere, even seeing it on TV is exciting.

Sig by fenikz! Cheers!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Mr. Dukes comes from the Michael Irvin "talk loud and maybe people will think I know what I am talking about" school of football analysis.
Komp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 12:27 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LitoSheppard View Post
Penn state doesn't hold the most

Fixed that for you
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 07:19 AM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ole Miss' Vaught-Hemmingway Stadium. The Stadium + The Grove = One of college FBs best traditions.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 08:22 AM    (permalink
Acreboy
Pro Bowler

Acreboy hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Acreboy hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snuff View Post

Seriously... tailgating is untouchable, team is better than yours, and its louder.
No kidding

Acreboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 12:47 PM    (permalink
bwillie26
Veteran

bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.

Neyland Stadium

Always packed to capacity at 100k+, not to mention you can park at their stadium by riverboat. Just outrageous.
bwillie26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 12:57 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

;)
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 03:36 PM    (permalink
Titans10
Veteran

Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
Ole Miss' Vaught-Hemmingway Stadium. The Stadium + The Grove = One of college FBs best traditions.

lol, ole miss

thats like saying vandy is one of the best stadiums

All-hail Bulluck
Titans10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 03:40 PM    (permalink
TPFKA#1SaintsFan
Pro Bowler

TPFKA#1SaintsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.TPFKA#1SaintsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post

Is it in the middle of f'n nowhere? Because it sure looks like it.

Ole Miss definitely has a small stadium for an SEC school, though.
The Poster Formerly Known As #1SaintsFan

Sig by jkpigskin
TPFKA#1SaintsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 04:33 PM    (permalink
BigJohn98
Pro Bowler

BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komp View Post
Doak Walker is a sight to behold, from a design/aesthetic perspective it might be the nicest.

I've never had the opportunity to attend many games, but I watch Florida games pretty religiously and every time we have to go to Neyland I crap my pants at the beginning of the game. The sea of orange is unreal and what an atmosphere, even seeing it on TV is exciting.
What are you talking about? It's Doak Campbell, not Doak Walker. And Florida State plays there, not Florida.
BigJohn98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 06:51 PM    (permalink
remix 6
Pro Bowler

remix 6 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

love the Oregon turf aswell

and Rutgers is pretty nice

http://kimura-isao.hp.infoseek.co.jp...ersStadium.jpg
remix 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 07:00 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by remix 6 View Post

love the Oregon turf aswell

and Rutgers is pretty nice

http://kimura-isao.hp.infoseek.co.jp...ersStadium.jpg
You have excellent taste.
Old 05-24-2007, 07:14 PM    (permalink
iworshipbender
Pro Bowler

iworshipbender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iworshipbender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iworshipbender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iworshipbender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iworshipbender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iworshipbender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iworshipbender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iworshipbender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iworshipbender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iworshipbender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iworshipbender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i agree with the above two posts, it's a great facility.

I SUPPORT A GREENER OREGON
iworshipbender is offline   Reply With Quote