Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 05-02-2007, 01:52 AM    (permalink
Shockey80

Default Best group of D-backs in the NFL?

I think it might be the Redskins

Landry/Taylor at the safetys, Dave Macklin, Fred Smoot, and Carlos Rogers at CB

but its definitly close. what team do you think?
Old 05-02-2007, 01:58 AM    (permalink
McBain
Veteran

McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockey80 View Post
I think it might be the Redskins

Landry/Taylor at the safetys, Dave Macklin, Fred Smoot, and Carlos Rogers at CB

but its definitly close. what team do you think?
hopefully our d-line will step-up big time this year otherwise having the worlds greatest secondary won't matter. With that said, i think Andre Carter will surprise a lot of people, he came on very strong at the end of the year. If we can get any kind of pass rush we will be a tough team to beat if not, we'll be lucky to go 8-8. Also, you forgot Shawn Springs. The broncos have to be a close second just with Bly/Bailey or the ravens with McAllister, Rolle, Reed and Dawan Landry.

Last edited by McBain : 05-02-2007 at 02:00 AM. Reason: Ravens
McBain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 02:08 AM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Three first rounders in the Redskins db corps is interesting, but hardly makes them the best. This is Baltimore, by a lot.
Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 02:15 AM    (permalink
McBain
Veteran

McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward View Post
Three first rounders in the Redskins db corps is interesting, but hardly makes them the best. This is Baltimore, by a lot.
Actually 4

Springs #3 to Seahawks
Taylor #5
Landry #6
Rogers #8

Smoot #34 or something in the second...

We draft dbs like the lions draft recievers. But ours are a but more successful.
Old 05-02-2007, 02:24 AM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McBain View Post
Actually 4

Springs #3 to Seahawks
Taylor #5
Landry #6
Rogers #8

Smoot #34 or something in the second...

We draft dbs like the lions draft recievers. But ours are a but more successful.
Forgot about Springs, but I was mostly commenting on the fact that Rogers, Landry, and Taylor may eventually pan out, but it hardly indicates how good they are.
Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 02:26 AM    (permalink
The Great Jonathan Vilma
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i wouldn't say its the Redskins. Landey is a rookie who hasn't taken a snap, Rogers hasn't proven himself enough to make him a strong part of the "top secondary". I'm not a huge fan of Smoot, but i love Taylor. They would be up there though, just not the best

Ravens is solid all around, because the weakest link is probably Landry and he played solid as a rookie.

Then again it might be Dallas because Newman and Williams are the best things this world has ever seen (thought i would get this started because we know it will at some point turn to a discussion about them)

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by dRaFtDoRk View Post
You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.
The Great Jonathan Vilma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 02:26 AM    (permalink
McBain
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward View Post
Forgot about Springs, but I was mostly commenting on the fact that Rogers, Landry, and Taylor may eventually pan out, but it hardly indicates how good they are.
Yeah, i agree. Draft status doesn't mean they're all going to play up to where they are drafted.... but they certainly have some gaudy expectations.
Old 05-02-2007, 02:28 AM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Baltimore. Easily.

This thread will probably have a short shelf-life.
Old 05-02-2007, 02:31 AM    (permalink
The Great Jonathan Vilma
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah, i agree. Draft status doesn't mean they're all going to play up to where they are drafted.... but they certainly have some gaudy expectations.
ya, look at Mike Rumph and Philip Buchanan, man they give the U a bad rep.

Quote:
You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.
Old 05-02-2007, 02:35 AM    (permalink
McBain
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Jonathan Vilma View Post
i wouldn't say its the Redskins. Landey is a rookie who hasn't taken a snap, Rogers hasn't proven himself enough to make him a strong part of the "top secondary". I'm not a huge fan of Smoot, but i love Taylor. They would be up there though, just not the best

Ravens is solid all around, because the weakest link is probably Landry and he played solid as a rookie.

Then again it might be Dallas because Newman and Williams are the best things this world has ever seen (thought i would get this started because we know it will at some point turn to a discussion about them)
Rogers is solid, if he could hold on to potential interceptions it wouldn't even be discussion. Hands of stone be damned!

Lets say it like this then, the redskins don't have the best secondary, but they certainly have the highest expectations and probably the most talent. Granted, what is talent without production?

Anyway, i wasn't crazy about the Landry pick, i like him and i think he's a great player and is going to be a great player. But i'm definetly one with the mind-set that we should have gone d-line. Alas, Gregg Williams is a cocky mofo. Hopefully my team won't pay too harshly for his arrogance.
Old 05-02-2007, 02:36 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oakland, in my mind.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 02:38 AM    (permalink
McBain
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
Oakland, in my mind.
I was under the impression Huff wasn't doing much of anything.

What is it, Washington, Asomuagha, Huff and who? Schwiegart?
Old 05-02-2007, 02:41 AM    (permalink
Non_Sequitur
Veteran

Non_Sequitur hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

The Jets don't have it bad now that we have Revis. Kerry Rhodes and Erik Coleman were both All-Rookie team performers, and Rhodes outplayed just about every Safety in the entire league last year. Dyson is a legit number 2, fringe number 1, and with Revis coming in we're now solid.

But with all that said, I think it's a toss up between the Broncos or the Ravens.

Last edited by Non_Sequitur : 05-02-2007 at 02:49 AM. Reason: add some Bold to my post
Non_Sequitur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 02:42 AM    (permalink
The Great Jonathan Vilma
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

ya McBain, Rogers is solid. but what i was saying is that he isn't a guy that would make u say, "he's a key reason they are the best defensive back group in the league". just to clarify.

i'm not goin to pass it to the Raiders just yet, i'm wanting to see next year then i'll throw them in the discussion. no denying the good (great?) year last year, but i want to see more

Quote:
Old 05-02-2007, 02:45 AM    (permalink
The Great Jonathan Vilma
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

dude, please don't throw in the Jets yet, i don't wanna have a "Jets fans are clueless" type attack. We aren't even close to being in the Top Defensive Back group in the league discussion yet.
Revis is a rookie, Dyson is solid but unspectacular and will be a good #2 if Revis can be that #1 (yet to be determined), Coleman is solid, and i love Kerry Rhodes and think he'll be a top saftey in this league, but all together, u'd be hard pressed to have me in my top 5 even, but if they get there next year, i will be one of the happiest people u'll see.

WE ARE NOT LIKE THE DALLAS FANS. PLEASE FORGIVE HIM!

Quote:
Old 05-02-2007, 02:46 AM    (permalink
Non_Sequitur
Veteran

Non_Sequitur hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
dude, please don't throw in the Jets yet, i don't wanna have a "Jets fans are clueless" type attack. We aren't even close to being in the Top Defensive Back group in the league discussion yet.
Revis is a rookie, Dyson is solid but unspectacular and will be a good #2 if Revis can be that #1 (yet to be determined), Coleman is solid, and i love Kerry Rhodes and think he'll be a top saftey in this league, but all together, u'd be hard pressed to have me in my top 5 even, but if they get there next year, i will be one of the happiest people u'll see.

Did you even read my post. I said it was Denver or Baltimore. I was just talking about how the Jets are at least getting there.
Non_Sequitur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 02:49 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I was under the impression Huff wasn't doing much of anything.

What is it, Washington, Asomuagha, Huff and who? Schwiegart?
Huff wasn't making 'big plays' per say. Still as a rookie he played rather solid.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 02:49 AM    (permalink
The Great Jonathan Vilma
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

just wanted to make sure people didn't flame u, or Jet fans. i agree the Jets are on the right track, but that we can discuss in the Jets board in greater detail.

Quote:
Old 05-02-2007, 04:05 AM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

Quote:

If by Dallas Fans you are talking about t-newfan41/Achilles33, please do not include the rest of us in that generalization. In fact there were a handful of us calling for CB in the first round. Aside from Newman and Williams, no one in the the secondary is considered a top tier player by any cowboy fans (at least i hope).

On the subject of williams, lets just say if he doesnt "earn" the pro-bowl this year, i think alot of us are going to start changing opinions on how great of a player we think he is.
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 04:11 AM    (permalink
TheChampIsHere
Veteran

TheChampIsHere hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Ravens right now, Reed is easily the best DB in this league, McCalister re-emerged as a shutdown CB, and then Rolle and Landry are very nice starters.

I wouldnt be surprised if in a couple years the Falcons have the best. Hall should continue to develop and the sky is the limit with him and I am a big fan of Houston, he is a potential shutdown CB and Jimmy Williams I think will make a very good FS. Milloy is still a solid SS but I expect they'll replace him soon.
TheChampIsHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 04:19 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChampIsHere View Post
Ravens right now, Reed is easily the best DB in this league, McCalister re-emerged as a shutdown CB, and then Rolle and Landry are very nice starters.

I wouldnt be surprised if in a couple years the Falcons have the best. Hall should continue to develop and the sky is the limit with him and I am a big fan of Houston, he is a potential shutdown CB and Jimmy Williams I think will make a very good FS. Milloy is still a solid SS but I expect they'll replace him soon.
Heard of Champ Bailey? I hear he is pretty good.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 04:21 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Champ Bailey alone makes Denver the best, add Dre Bly, Domonique Foxworth & John Lynch(even if he isnt that good anymore)

& the Pat's secondary is kinda underated, Samuels, Harrison, Meriweather, James

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 04:36 AM    (permalink
damasta13

Wot about the packers? They have woodson and harris at corner, depth is a little weak but they are very good, then at safeties they have collins who is a beast, and rouse could turn into a decent player too.
So without looking at depth they are pretty good!
Old 05-02-2007, 04:49 AM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
Oakland, in my mind.
While I'd love to agree, I can't quite yet.

Asomugha has been very good for two straight years now, but Fabian still has a lot of room to grow. Chad Johnson was waxing poetic about the game the kid played against him last year last season, but he needs to pick his spots to take risks a little better. I love Huff and I think he's got a very bright future, but Schweigert is probably going to be replaced in the next few years if the team really wants to make an elite secondary.

It probably has more potential than any other in the league, but it has quite a bit of developing to do.
Old 05-02-2007, 04:54 AM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Packers aint even close to being the best group of D-backs... this is hands down Denver & Baltimore no one comes close to either of them yet
Crazy_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote