Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 05-02-2007, 06:44 AM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Baltimore.

Oakland maybe in a little while, but Baltimore's is just too good.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 06:50 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

just imagine if they still had champ....
Old 05-02-2007, 08:48 AM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Panthers have the best corner back trio, we just need a decent safety

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 09:23 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Eagles are not the best, but they are certainly solid. They have the best FS in the game the last 7 years in Brian Dawkins, 2 Pro-Bowl CB's in Sheppard and Brown, and a servicable SS in Considine. There are some depth concerns, but the Eagles have been mass-producing nickel-CB's from late round picks and UDFA's for years now.

I think the Ravens are the best secondary right now, with Oakland, Philly, and Denver (in no particular order) running behind them. These are the top 4 teams, with Dallas running fifth, IMO.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 09:49 AM    (permalink
NIN1984
Pro Bowler

NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
While I'd love to agree, I can't quite yet.

Asomugha has been very good for two straight years now, but Fabian still has a lot of room to grow. Chad Johnson was waxing poetic about the game the kid played against him last year last season, but he needs to pick his spots to take risks a little better. I love Huff and I think he's got a very bright future, but Schweigert is probably going to be replaced in the next few years if the team really wants to make an elite secondary.

It probably has more potential than any other in the league, but it has quite a bit of developing to do.
Not a lot of Raider fans like Schweigert but he was apart of the #1 pass defense in the NFL. I have not given up on him yet, it took Asomugha till he's 4th year to break out. Schweigert has gotten better in each season and I'm hoping he stays.

plus he's a good leader.
Old 05-02-2007, 10:47 AM    (permalink
portermvp84
Pro Bowler

portermvp84 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I hope Schweigert sticks around, he's proven he's good against pass situations, but nort so good on run plays.

IMO they best is stil the Ravens they have play makers on their whole defense.

Thanks to jackalope
portermvp84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 11:09 AM    (permalink
Bengals1690
Veteran

Bengals1690 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Bengals1690 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

denver and baltimore, nuff said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mythbusta View Post
i love my pedestal. thats why im the mythbusta.
who dey?
Bengals1690 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 11:14 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm still laughing that the first 5-10 posts were about whether or not the Redskins had the best secondary in the league. They're third best in their own division...

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Old 05-02-2007, 11:43 AM    (permalink
AdrianWilson12
Veteran

AdrianWilson12 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I quite like 3/4 of Carolina's secondary, although there is a markable difference between Marshall, Lucas, Minter and then Williams. Minter has long been a top 10 safety and Lucas is very solid. Marshall was the best rookie CB last year and constantly made big plays. Gamble is arguably the best nickle CB in the league too.

I don't think they are the best, Baltimore deserves that title uncontested. I certainly think the Panthers deserve a mention in this thread and probably are top 5 in the league IMO.
#1--Russell I can't be too disappointed in this pick because he is, realistically, a huge upgrade (in the same way that the Great Wall of China would be a huge upgrade over the fence in my backyard) over Andrew Walter.
AdrianWilson12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 11:55 AM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Washington
Landry/Taylor/Smoot/ROgers/Macklin/Springs??? When healthy is dominate

If Green Bay had a Nickel and SS then they could be mentioned

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 12:02 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kansas City
Law/Surtain/Page/Pollard/Wesley
lol
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 12:11 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Washington?

Hey I like the potential of Taylor-Landry....but Landry hasn't done anything at the pro level thus he can't be something that puts a unit over the top. Rogers has been OK at best and Smoot might be close to the end considering how he looked last year.

I'm going with Baltimore....they have the best safety in the game in Reed, an up and comer in Landry that played awesome in a rookie year, McCalister is still a top 3 CB in this league and Rolle is more than serviceable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 12:14 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
Washington
Landry/Taylor/Smoot/ROgers/Macklin/Springs??? When healthy is dominate
First of all, I think you mean 'dominant'.

Secondly, I think you are overrating them. Let's review:

Landry: Rookie. Unproven. Great college career, but he has to adjust to the NFL.

Taylor: Most physically gifted S in the league, but he had a horrendous 2006. Needs to get back on track, wrap up better on his tackles, and not overrun plays as much. Could be the best FS in the league if he's coached properly and focuses.

Smoot: Has regressed since he left Washington. Not a lock to be a competent starter in the NFL anymore.

Rogers: Showed a few flashes, but he is inconsistent. Cannot intercept the ball to save his life. Needs to play with better outside technique. Not a #1 CB just yet, but there is potential.

Macklin: Probably the best Dime CB in the league, but he's aging and probably won't make as much of an impact as you think. Would be an average nickel CB if needed.

Springs: Solid #1 CB, but he has a few injury concerns. I love him as the leader of the Skins secondary, but he is also getting older.

Overall, the Skins have potential in the secondary, but their proven assets (Springs and Taylor) had a collectively dreadful 2006. When you factor in the anemic Redskins pass rush and the need for several of these players to rebound or develop quickly, and you cannot put Washington in the top 5 in secondary. If things break right and they are coached properly, they could reach that level this year, but right now, they are second tier.

Old 05-02-2007, 05:31 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSite View Post
Panthers have the best corner back trio, we just need a decent safety
I still think Denver's combo of Bailey/Bly/Foxworth beat out the Panthers.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 05:43 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Baltimore... Raiders need to get a saftey and they will be a top 5 one

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Carr to Cooper in 2015

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 05:46 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Landry and Taylor might be the best young safety duo in the league. However Shawn Springs is older and always hurt, Carlos Rogers hasn't proven to be a good corner yet, and no one else on that roster is good. Solid maybe, good no.

The best secondary is in either Chicago, Denver, or Baltimore. If Baltimore had another good CB it wouldnt be much of a debate. I'll say Denver for now since they have the best CB in Bailey, and a pro bowler opposite him in Bly, plus John Lynch who is still pretty good. Ferguson is underrated.
Old 05-02-2007, 05:49 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward View Post
Three first rounders in the Redskins db corps is interesting, but hardly makes them the best. This is Baltimore, by a lot.
Sean Taylor - 5th overall
LaRon Landry- 6th overall
Carlos Rogers - 9th overall
Shawn Springs - 4th overall? (somewher in top 10 anyway)

But still, Redskins' secondary might be top 10 on paper, but hardly on the field. It won't help that they have no pass rush either.
Old 05-02-2007, 05:50 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIN1984 View Post
Not a lot of Raider fans like Schweigert but he was apart of the #1 pass defense in the NFL. I have not given up on him yet, it took Asomugha till he's 4th year to break out. Schweigert has gotten better in each season and I'm hoping he stays.

plus he's a good leader.
People were ripping on Stu far more than he deserved last year. To be honest, with Huff draped all over whoever he was covering, a lot of traffic got funneled in Schweigert's direction.

That said, I'm not sure I see more than an average start there and if we're going to rank this team as having one of the best secondaries in the league, that position would require an upgrade more than any other (except maybe nickel corner).
Old 05-02-2007, 06:22 PM    (permalink
GermanSaint
Veteran

GermanSaint hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

eagles (10 chars)
Old 05-02-2007, 06:25 PM    (permalink
skinzzfan25
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.

All homerism aside I'm takin the Ravens.

But hopefully 2-3 years the Redskins will be up there. We need Big Joe + Griffen healthy and to take up as much space as possible, and Carter providing a good rush.

In GW's defense almost all of the sacks, forced fumbles and picks (duh) come from the LBs and DBs. Fletcher needs a big body in front of him to keep the Oline down and it's a sure tackle. Rocky is lookin good as a edge blitzer and edge run support, and Marcus Washington always looks good.

People also forget we have Prealeau who will be healthy this year. He can play any DB position, so expect him to help out on nickel and dime packages.
Old 05-02-2007, 06:25 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ravens No question, and their weakest link is not Dawan Landry it is Samari Rolle. I predict 3 from them in the pro bowl, C-Mac, EReed, and Dawan who will be huge this year. Skins defensive backfield so much improved since last year. As long as our corners can stay healthy we are golden and this year we actually have legit backups in Fred Smoot and David Macklin. At safety we have one of the best duo's backed by surprisingly great Vernon Fox, Pearson Prealiou who missed all of last year and Reed Doughty who has starting potential in the future elsewhere.

Of course Broncos have to be mentioned.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 08:08 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Might not have anything to do with this thread, but a lot last year packers fans were saying they have a great secondary/the best because they had a top ranked pass defense. Miami had a top 5 pass defense this year, and the DBs are the worst unit on the team (other than QB). Also the Packers had a bad run defense, so teams ran it all the time, Miami also had a 10 top rush defense, so anyone saying their team is the best because of the pass defense doesn't work.

As for the best secondary, I'd lean Baltimore, but it's hard to be a bad secondary when you get 60 sacks in one season.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 08:20 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-NFLDC

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1.Baltimore
2.Denver
3.New England
4.Chicago
5.Falcons
6.Titans (if they had Pacman)

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 08:20 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Would I be crazy to think Atlanta will be considered up there, this time next year?

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 08:31 PM    (permalink
skinzzfan25
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
are you kidding? it wouldn't even be a discussion? wow. i hope someone else already made you regret saying that.
Well he did drop around 5 (maybe more) picks this season. Probably those yellow gloves he started wearing lol. Oh well, this season he's workin with Darrell Green and Deion Sanders. Two of the best ever.