Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 05-02-2007, 11:22 AM    (permalink
TomatoVSC
Rookie

TomatoVSC hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default 2008 Sleeper/Homer Player

It's a bit early...I know. But, I have a very good feeling that this guy is going to be an absolute stud next year.

Branden Ore...#28. Runningback, Virginia Tech. 5'11" 202 pounds. He runs between a 4.4 and a 4.5, and is considered somewhat of an all-around back. For a guy of his weight, he throws around a lot of force...and he still has good breakaway speed. Here are his stats thus far.

Not too shabby. Especially considering that he missed 2 games this past year. Can he catch the ball? Yes. Unfortunately, our passing game was somewhat lacking this year...but watch for that to improve as well.

Why is Ore a sleeper? The past 2 years, Virginia Tech's offensive line simply hasn't been that good. But, after a couple excellent recruiting classes, we have a solid OL for next year that includes Sergio Render(Freshman All-American) and a few other solid younger guys. What excites me the most about our O-line, though, is that they practice against one of the premier DL of the nation every day.

Last year Ore averaged 4.7 YPC, had 1137 rushing yards, and 16 rushing touchdowns. Here's what I expect next year.

5.2 YPC, 1550 rushing yards, 18 rushing touchdowns. It's going to be a good year for Branden Ore.

VT student, Buccaneer fanatic
TomatoVSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 12:04 PM    (permalink
DChess
All-Pro

DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

malcolm jenkins will emerge as the number 1 corner in the nation
DChess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 12:07 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Shawn Crable all day baby....I think I still Troy Smith's helmet ringing
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 12:09 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've said it a few times already, I think David Ausberry is going to blow up this year. I think he'll have a better college career than Turner.
Old 05-02-2007, 12:17 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Marcus Freeman #1 OLB tOSU
Robiskie and Hartline
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 12:25 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DChess View Post
Agreed, alot of people are sleeping on Jenkins right now.
Old 05-02-2007, 12:31 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

IMO, 'Dre is by far the most underrated player in college football, mostly against the SEC

6'5 240

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 12:33 PM    (permalink
-black
Pro Bowler

-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Marcus Ball, Florida State

-sig by jkpigskin
-black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 12:34 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Darius Heyward-Bey
Keon Lattimore
Lance Ball
Old 05-02-2007, 12:39 PM    (permalink
JCarver27
Rookie

JCarver27 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

So many VTech fans are high on Ore......like winning the Heisman high.......like you're smoking a blunt high.
JCarver27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 01:09 PM    (permalink
reigle9
Veteran

reigle9 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

#14 Anthony Morelli
reigle9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 01:28 PM    (permalink
critesy
All-Pro

critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ben Tate, RB Auburn....yes another good rb from AU

RIP, Sean Taylor.
critesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 01:29 PM    (permalink
gstock05
Veteran

gstock05 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

How about some people that actually haven't totally been heard of yet?

Sam Shields- WR for the U is going to burst onto the national spotlight. His game is a lot like Manningham, and he was probably Miami's best receivers last year as a freshman.

Dominique Douglas- WR for Iowa. Another fast freshman stud who was one of the best receivers Iowa had as a freshman. Should be one of the best in the big 10 next year.

Demarco Murray- RB Oklahoma... once again, some talk about him, but he's never started. Should get the bulk of the carries for OU this year.

Jeff Cumberland- TE Illinois. Played very well as a frosh. Measurables are quite freakish. IMO he's the illini's best player along with Davis. He'll shine this year.

Kurt Coleman- Ohio State Safety. Reminds me a lot of Donte Whitner. Undersized, but is extremely instinctual, and is the definition of a playmaker. He outplayed all OSU's safeties in the spring including Jamario Oneal, and a few upperclassmen. Him along with Anderson Russel should be a formidable combo.
gstock05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 01:47 PM    (permalink
Gchu83
Rookie

Gchu83 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Gchu83 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Drew Kelson- Both Scout and Rivals had Kelson rated the #1 Safety in the Nation back in 2004. Got moved to OLB because Chizik wanted speed at LB, but never really did a whole lot there.

He will move back to Safey this season and hopefully he can be the player that earned him that #1 position ranking.
Gchu83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 02:03 PM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Malcom Jenkins... So good he can get to the quarterback and catch the throw before it leaves his hand...

lol idk what the **** cupito is doing...

clearly he isnt a sleeper anymore because so many people acknowledge the fact he was probably a first round corner this year...

but he is a homer player of mine...
Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 02:16 PM    (permalink
snuff

As much as I hate this team I must say 6.7yards per carry as a Freshman is godly.

Although this one ups him:

Quote:
Doubtful. Check out Aqib Talib sometime or Antoine Cason.

Some other players that will probably break out:
Jonathan Hefney (S Tennessee)
Terrance Taylor (DT Michigan)
Brandon Graham (DE Michigan)
Robert Rose (DE tOSU)
Sergio Kindle(LB Texas) (I hope where the **** did he go)
Brandon Flowers (DB Vatech)

Last edited by snuff : 05-02-2007 at 02:27 PM.
Old 05-02-2007, 02:25 PM    (permalink
DChess
All-Pro

DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snuff View Post
As much as I hate this team I must say 6.7yards per carry as a Freshman is godly.

Although this one ups him:

Doubtful. Check out Aqib Talib sometime or Antoine Cason.

Some other players that will probably break out:
Jonathan Hefney (S Tennessee)
Terrance Taylor (DT Michigan)
Brandon Graham (DE Michigan)
Robert Rose (DE tOSU)
Sergio Kindle(LB Texas) (I hope where the **** did he go)
im actually extremely big on cason, but i would put paul oliver infront of talib, anyone who can shutdown cj, is good in my book.

also cj spiller, is amazing. biggest mistake of his life though, signing to clemson and not florida. wouldve started right away for them, now he has to split time

also, kindle will be starting this eyar, have no idea why he wasnt before but this year he is
DChess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 02:33 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

TE Travis Beckum for the Wisconsin Badgers. He really emerged as the Badgers top receiving threat for John Stocco at the end of the year and he should continue to progress and be a star after converting from LB.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 02:35 PM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reigle9 View Post

#14 Anthony Morelli
I hope your right...If Justin can stay out of jail I'll go with him.

Maurice Evans as well

Thank you Lebron James, you are truly a King Among Men.

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

I remember Marshawn Lynch

Last edited by DeathbyStat : 05-02-2007 at 02:37 PM.
DeathbyStat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 02:42 PM    (permalink
-black
Pro Bowler

-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
im actually extremely big on cason, but i would put paul oliver infront of talib, anyone who can shutdown cj, is good in my book.

also cj spiller, is amazing. biggest mistake of his life though, signing to clemson and not florida. wouldve started right away for them, now he has to split time

also, kindle will be starting this eyar, have no idea why he wasnt before but this year he is
I say Spiller has a better shot at cracking 1,000 yards at Clemson ( traditional running team) then at Florida (a spread option). I think Clemson will better prepare him for the NFL also. If he wanted to win a NC and be close to his daughter, then year he should have chosen UF. But Clemson will do him fine because him splitting will still result in multiple 1,000 yard seasons.

-sig by jkpigskin
Old 05-02-2007, 02:42 PM    (permalink
constant cough
Rookie

constant cough hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Richard Murphy RB LSU

constant cough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 02:45 PM    (permalink
snuff

You meant Keiland Williams RB LSU right?

This guy?

The guy you mentioned didn't even touch the ball last season...

Last edited by snuff : 05-02-2007 at 02:47 PM.
Old 05-02-2007, 02:47 PM    (permalink
elway777
All-Pro

elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillaraiderfan View Post
I've said it a few times already, I think David Ausberry is going to blow up this year. I think he'll have a better college career than Turner.

Yeah but most fans are not overly impressed with Turner. I will Kyle Moore at DE. He's a freak of a player.
elway777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 03:03 PM    (permalink
-black
Pro Bowler

underhyped guys that im extremely high on and think will develope into househould names or all american type players

lets start off with my team

Marcus Ball OLB Florida State

would have been a five star recruit if not for injuries and grade problems. He was having a dominant year (as a BACKUP) as a freshman before getting injured for the year. He has shown flashes to be special, and every bit as good as Lawrence Timmons

Everett Griffen DE Florida State

reminds me of a younger Kam Wimbley. Will start at DE this year and was very productive as a freshman. Quick burst off the line and has the size of most of FSU's past rush ends

Caz Piurowski LT Florida State

Was recruited as a bit time TE prospect. During recruiting season he told coaches he planed to move to OT. He started at TE as a true Freshman last season (along with Brandon Warrenn) and was very quick for a big tall TE and blocked very well. Now with the coaching a Trickett (one of the best OL coaches in the country) I think he will develope into an all Star OT. He is already 6'7 285 and now just has to get stronger and learn the posistion. By the end of 2008 he could be one of CFballs premiere up and coming Olineman. Is only a true Sophomore but is taking a page out of Tony Boseli, Robert Garrery, Eric Winston, Joe Thomas, and Joe Staleys playbook by starting off as a TE and moving to tackle.

Jamie Robinson CB Florida State

was a top notch recruit and has the ideal size and speed combination you look for. Antonio Cromartie called him "the next" in a long line of standout Seminole defensive backs. Is 6'2 and all he needs to do is continue to become a better cover corner.

now on to other players across the nation

Cornelluis Ingram TE Florida

almost transfered because of his lack of chances to play at QB but slowly he became s very solid TE this past year. By the end of the year he was on of Florida's main targets. I can only see him getting better and should be one of cfballs best pass receiving TE's. Outstanding size and speed.

Anthony Schriotto S Penn State

Big time hitter and playmaker that should help Penn State form one of the better secondaries in the big 10. He was one of the most impressive platers I saw in all of football by the end of the year and it woulld shock me if he doesnt have an All American type year. Was only a sophomore last season, so he can only improve. I think he will eventually be a 1st or 2nd round draft pick

Mike Jenkings CB South Florida

VERY underated and truly one of the best CB's in the country. Has fantastic size and good speed and reminds me alot of Derelle Revis from Pitt. Plays the run very well and just has to become more smooth in his backpedal.

Dexter MCCluster WR Ole Miss

does not have the size or straight ahead burning deep speed you like in a smallish receiver, but he is a playmaker. Was one of Ole Miss's few bright spots as a true freshman. He should eventually turn into a Steve Smith type receiver.

I'll do a few more later on

-sig by jkpigskin
Old 05-02-2007, 03:05 PM    (permalink
snuff

I forgot this guy...

Brandon Spikes LB Florida.