DorianSmith
Rookie

DorianSmith needs more cowbell.

Sammie Stroughter
DorianSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 11:23 PM    (permalink
TigerBait45
Veteran

TigerBait45 is a cocksman.TigerBait45 is a cocksman.TigerBait45 is a cocksman.

I'd like to see Holiday get the ball a little more than last year. Hes not big enough to carry a full load, but it seems like every time he touched the ball last year he went a long way.

You can use him a ton of ways, too. Returning kicks, sweeps and throws out of the backfield are the most obvious, but I'd like to see him get used as kinda a slot receiver, if that makes any sense. Not really a WR, hes too small for that..but maybe line him up there and throw a screen to him.

I honestly expect Keiland Williams to end up being the #1 back, also. Murphy may be really good, but Williams is the one with playing experience.
TigerBait45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 11:44 PM    (permalink
gstock05
Veteran

gstock05 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snuff View Post
Mario gave Jenkins the drop step move and was completely gone.... But Henne over through it.

Not sure how good Jenkins would have to cover Limas Sweed as Mccoy sucked in his 2nd game ever...

Not sure how good he had to cover Derrick Williams since Derrick Williams didn't have a QB and didn't do anything last year.

Not sure how good he did against Florida as they put up 800.

I am not even sure who covered him the rest of the game Manningham the rest of the game.

I am not sure Cason covered all these people, but hey who knows.Dwayne Jarret(36 yards), Jason Hill(21 and injured I think), Dwayne Bowe(65 but a blowout), Desean Jackson(131 =/), Steve Smith(9), Derrick Hagen(47) and so on.

Not sure if you would consider any of them bigtime, but yea... More impressive than your hommie.

Also:
Ohio States line > Arizona and Kansas
Ohio States Safeties > Arizona and Kansas
FWIW the double move Manningham put on was when he was against Antonio Smith I believe. Either way, you can make an arguement like this for just about any player in the nation. As for florida, i'd say about 75% of their passing yards came off screens over the middle. In fact, I don't remember a single time a receiver simply beat the cornerback on a deep route except maybe for Dallas baker vs. Smith.
gstock05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 12:42 PM    (permalink
Tampa 2 4 life
All-Pro

Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Matt Grothe will have a breakout year.

Quote:
Sports television channel ESPN named Grothe the "biggest surprise" in all of the Big East Conference for the 2006 football season. In total offensive yards, Grothe accumulated an average of 246 yards per game, second to only Louisville's Brian Brohm in 2006 Big East play. Nationally, he ranked #17 in total offense for 2006 and was the 2nd ranked freshman in the country in that category. [1]"

At South Florida, Grothe has rewritten the record book, surpassing 3000 yards of total offense in his first full season and passing for more than 2400, obliterating both school records formerly held by Marquel Blackwell, a feat even more impressive when one considers that those records were originally established against far inferior competition. On December 1, 2006, the Sporting News magazine named Grothe the 2006 Big East Freshman of the Year, as well as naming him to the Big East All-Freshman team. The Tampa Tribune also named Grothe the Big East Rookie of the Year.

* 2006 Big East Rookie of the Year
* 2006 Sporting News Big East Freshman of the Year
* 2006 Sporting News Big East All-Freshman Team
* 2006 Scout All-American Freshman Team (2nd team)
* 2006 Tampa Tribune Big East Freshman of the Year
* 2007 Nationalchamps.net Heisman Watch Candidate"

Source: Wikipedia
Player Card: http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player...layerId=173139
Old 05-03-2007, 12:58 PM    (permalink
-black
Pro Bowler

-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

USF is on the rise :)

we will soon be a BCS Bowl representative within the next few years

-sig by jkpigskin
-black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 01:21 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Grothe is def. going to be someone to watch for this year. I am really impressed with him and USF is really an up and coming program. The Big East is not left for dead like many thought it would be.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 01:28 PM    (permalink
Tampa 2 4 life
All-Pro

Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -black View Post
USF is on the rise :)

we will soon be a BCS Bowl representative within the next few years
Most Definitely. The Big East may turn out to be one of the most competitive conferences.
Old 05-03-2007, 01:35 PM    (permalink
-black
Pro Bowler

-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love Jim Levitt..

im really thinkin WVU vs USF and Lou vs USF is going to become a big time rivalry

-sig by jkpigskin
Old 05-03-2007, 03:19 PM    (permalink
simms2clayton

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
IMO, 'Dre is by far the most underrated player in college football, mostly against the SEC

6'5 240

I'd like for someone to show me another QB with a 155 rating and 36 sacks. The kid is poised in the pocket.
Old 05-03-2007, 03:22 PM    (permalink
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
Pro Bowler

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by simms2clayton View Post
I'd like for someone to show me another QB with a 155 rating and 36 sacks. The kid is poised in the pocket.
I am guessing that Kentucky is not big in recruiting an o-line for this kid?

Thanks to Bone Krusher for the sig
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 04:14 PM    (permalink
snuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by simms2clayton View Post
Kevin Kolb, Chase Holbrook, and Colt Brennan out of the 4 people I looked up did it.

Last edited by snuff : 05-03-2007 at 04:19 PM.
Old 05-03-2007, 04:28 PM    (permalink
Acreboy
Pro Bowler

Acreboy hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Acreboy hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
You meant Keiland Williams RB LSU right?

This guy?

The guy you mentioned didn't even touch the ball last season...
Because he was a RS.

I talked to a guy yesterday and he has ties to Keiland. He was reported running a 4.3 40...

Richard Murphy has moves that Keiland can't even dream of doing...

Richard will blow up too watch.
Acreboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 09:14 AM    (permalink
constant cough
Rookie

constant cough hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Yeah I meant Richard Murhpy. Yes I know he didn't play last year that's why I'm hyping him on a "Sleeper" thread, get the concept?
constant cough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 11:14 AM    (permalink
OhioState
Veteran

OhioState hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.OhioState hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

i am going to say Lawrence Wilson DE tOSU

He is 6'6" and 270. Is in his junior year which means he knows the system. His scouting report says he runs a 4.6 so i will say 4.75 but that is still pretty impresive for a man of that size. he is poised to have a great season.
Old 05-09-2007, 07:02 PM    (permalink
407Niner
Rookie

407Niner hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

He's a sophomore this upcoming season, and I haven't seen his name mentioned yet but Alabama's MLB Prince Hall is extremely talented. Jeff Jennings HB out of Vanderbilt might take over the starting role and if does could do very well.
Old 05-09-2007, 07:39 PM    (permalink
dcarey20
Pro Bowler

dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.

I see alot of people saying guys that people already know. For the Terps, alot of people are familiar with Darrius Heyward-Bey, Jared Gaither, even Erin Henderson and Dre Moore. So I'll try to pick someone who not many non-Maryland fans would know. My homer sleeper pick is Danny Oquendo, Wide Receiver, University of Maryland

He's coming into his senior season, and he started last year next to Darrius Heyward-Bey, who was the best freshman receiver in the nation. He's slated to be the starter again this year. Comes in at about 6'0, 195 pounds, has good hands, good athleticism. He just does a nice job of getting open and catching the ball when it comes to him. He could also contribute on special teams. He had 30+ grabs for 400 yards and 2 scores last season, and with all the attention that will be paid to Heyward-Bey, Oquendo could be a productive player for us.

Last edited by dcarey20 : 05-09-2007 at 07:48 PM.
dcarey20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 09:02 PM    (permalink
-black
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcarey20 View Post
I see alot of people saying guys that people already know. For the Terps, alot of people are familiar with Darrius Heyward-Bey, Jared Gaither, even Erin Henderson and Dre Moore. So I'll try to pick someone who not many non-Maryland fans would know. My homer sleeper pick is Danny Oquendo, Wide Receiver, University of Maryland

He's coming into his senior season, and he started last year next to Darrius Heyward-Bey, who was the best freshman receiver in the nation. He's slated to be the starter again this year. Comes in at about 6'0, 195 pounds, has good hands, good athleticism. He just does a nice job of getting open and catching the ball when it comes to him. He could also contribute on special teams. He had 30+ grabs for 400 yards and 2 scores last season, and with all the attention that will be paid to Heyward-Bey, Oquendo could be a productive player for us.

a kid down in Florida would disagree

-sig by jkpigskin
Old 05-09-2007, 09:31 PM    (permalink
dcarey20
Pro Bowler

dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -black View Post
a kid down in Florida would disagree
well let's see...

Percy Harvin: 34 catches, 427 yards, 2 TD's

Darrius Heyward-Bey: 45 catches, 695 yards, 5 TD's

As a receiver, I'll take DHB anyday.

Last edited by dcarey20 : 05-09-2007 at 09:34 PM.
dcarey20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 09:50 PM    (permalink
Nightmares Win 6-0
Rookie

Nightmares Win 6-0 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Rhett Bomar!!!
Nightmares Win 6-0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 09:51 PM    (permalink
-black
Pro Bowler

hmm lets see, Harvin was injured during a stretch of the season (missing the complete game or either playing a few plays) and still managed to have over 1,000 all purpose yards and 5 TD's (on a deep and talented Florida receiving core). Playmaker in every sense of the word. DHB on the other hand was basically the only target the team had

i'd take Percy

-sig by jkpigskin
Old 05-09-2007, 10:23 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Aqib Talib will have a monster year and become a 1st round lock possible top 15 pick in '08
Old 05-09-2007, 10:37 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
As much as I hate this team I must say 6.7yards per carry as a Freshman is godly.

Don't hate haha

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 10:38 PM    (permalink
Tigers60

Me I am going to say that Darcel McBath Free Safety for Texas Tech is going to have a huge year for himself and the Red Raiders.
Old 05-09-2007, 10:42 PM    (permalink
MTayls72
Veteran

MTayls72 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

How about the Big 4 CBs in the BigTen?

I know people have said Jenkins already, and even though I think he is a tad overrated on this board (always seems to let a big play up, and Ive seen him numerous times looked lost in coverages) no one can deny he isn't a stud and probably a future first rounder.

But here are the 4...

Malcolm Jenkins-OSU-As said a future first rounder.
Justin King-PSU-Shut down some of the best receivers in the NCAA last year. Future first rounder, little underrated because his INT stats. No one really throws at him.
Vontae Davis-U of I-Just a freshman last year, the future is bright for him. Look for him to be a s-t-u-d in the next couple years.
Jack Ikegwuonu-I think he had some legal troubles earlier this year. But he shuts folks down too.

I don't think another conference can boast a group of 4 better CBs, honestly. Plus this doesn't incude guys like Sherrick McManis (Northwestern) who are up and coming players.
Old 05-10-2007, 01:31 AM    (permalink
bethemooseman3

Definitely LaMarcus Coker