Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 05-02-2007, 02:59 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
I've got the Giants winning about 5-6 games too.
I guess I just don't see it. Looking into the season we have a much easier schedule than last year (thank you NFC North, you Bears fans should know all about that), and at this point of the season you have to assume everyone is healthy, which has been possibly our biggest problem.
Old 05-02-2007, 03:01 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The NFC East will be contested, and no team should do better than 4-2 in division. It will come down to out of divsion schedule, coaching, and injuries. I think the Eagles and Cowboys are the favorites, but all 4 teams have a legitimate chance to win the division. At the very least, I expect the East to send 2 teams to the playoffs.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 03:04 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I HATE guidos....
Old 05-02-2007, 03:10 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Giants are the 4th worst team
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 03:11 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
Giants are the 4th worst team
In the NFL?
Old 05-02-2007, 03:12 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

nope their division

1/4 to 10,000 HOLLERS!!!!!!
Quote:
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
Old 05-02-2007, 03:12 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think people are underestimating how badly Tim Lewis sabatoged our defense last year.

But I digress, because Tom Coughlin continues to do the same to our offense.
Old 05-02-2007, 03:13 PM    (permalink
Xonraider
All-Pro

Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Raiders 3-13 and 1-15... that is a great sense of humor.
Old 05-02-2007, 03:19 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

ok maybe 6-10?
Quote:
Old 05-02-2007, 03:21 PM    (permalink
Xonraider
All-Pro

Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
ok maybe 6-10?
Yeah.. much more realistic.
Old 05-02-2007, 03:40 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
I guess I just don't see it. Looking into the season we have a much easier schedule than last year (thank you NFC North, you Bears fans should know all about that), and at this point of the season you have to assume everyone is healthy, which has been possibly our biggest problem.
That's true, I did forget about the North.

The Giants are short a Left Tackle with an immobile Quarterback. They have no leadership and a roster full of cantankerous players and a lame duck coach that nobody likes or respects. They lost their bail-out offensive weapon, have a very blah defense that basically is two tremendous defensive-ends, a good middle linebacker, and everyone else.

Honestly when I think about it, I'm suprised the Giants even won 8 games last year. Chalk that up to a hot start by Eli and Tiki Barber.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 03:51 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
That's true, I did forget about the North.

The Giants are short a Left Tackle with an immobile Quarterback. They have no leadership and a roster full of cantankerous players and a lame duck coach that nobody likes or respects. They lost their bail-out offensive weapon, have a very blah defense that basically is two tremendous defensive-ends, a good middle linebacker, and everyone else.

Honestly when I think about it, I'm suprised the Giants even won 8 games last year. Chalk that up to a hot start by Eli and Tiki Barber.
I think if we do poorly, its mostly because of coaching.

Our talent isn't that bad at all. And one thing to note, the Giants are usually a team that does well when everyone writes them off.

But I think it could go either way. I wouldn't be surprised to see us tank the season.
Old 05-02-2007, 04:50 PM    (permalink
skinzzfan25
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.

Plus wasen't Tiki like 60% of your total offense?

A lot more weight is going to be put on Eli's shoulders, plus Coughlin doesn't help lol. This is his make or break season in my opinion (Both Eli and Coughlin now that I think of it).
Old 05-02-2007, 05:21 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

AFC

AFC East
1. Patriots 14-2
2. Jets 8-8
3. Dolphins 8-8
4. Bills 5-11

AFC North
1. Ravens 11-5
2. Bengals 9-7
3. Steelers 8-8
4. Browns 7-9

AFC South
1. Colts 12-4
2. Jaguars 10-6
3. Titans 8-8
4. Texans 4-12

AFC West
1. Chargers 11-5
2. Broncos 9-7
3. Chiefs 6-10
4. Raiders 3-13

NFC

NFC East
1. Cowboys 10-6
2. Redskins 10-6
3. Eagles 8-8
4. Giants 7-9

NFC North
1. Bears 13-3
2. Packers 8-8
3. Vikings 7-9
4. Lions 3-13

NFC South
1. Saints 11-5
2. Panthers 10-6
3. Falcons 9-7
4. Bucs 5-11

NFC West
1. Seahawks 10-6
2. 49ers 9-7
3. Cardinals 7-9
4. Rams 4-12

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 05:26 PM    (permalink
JoeMontainya
Veteran

JoeMontainya needs more cowbell.

Quote:
You've got the Cardinals getting a bye? Anything is possible, but I still think there are too many gaps and growing pains with this team to see them shoot above some of the other more established teams.

Then again people thought that about the Saints too, so you never know.
Name me 1 year in the NFL where everything exspected happens? Theres allways that "one team" that surprises everyone. What if I told you at the beggining of 2006 the Saints would be that good?
JoeMontainya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 05:27 PM    (permalink
JoeMontainya
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stl9erfan View Post
Those NFC West predictions are crazy. You think the Cardinals get that much better in their first year with a new HC? The Rams finish above the Seahawks? The 49ers got WORSE? (seriously, explain that one to me-- seven new starters on D, upgrades at both WR spots, another year of experience for QB Smith, and you think SF is regressing? Doesn't seem likely at all.)
Cardinals? You mean to tell me 1 year after what the Saints did, it cant happen with the Cardinals? no more than 2 years ago both there offense and deffense were ranked top 6 overall!
Old 05-02-2007, 05:33 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hate the off-season.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 05:34 PM    (permalink
JoeMontainya
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xonraider View Post
Raiders 3-13 and 1-15... that is a great sense of humor.
Im sure every team would love an extra 3 wins since there such big fans, but dont flatter yourself.
Old 05-02-2007, 05:35 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Well at this moment I'd put the Bears down as a loss and the Lions as a win. Then I think either the Packers or Vikings will get you. I think 2-2 is how it ends up.
Old 05-02-2007, 06:04 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alright, here is my crack at conjecture:

AFC East

1. New England - 13-3
2. New York - 10-6
3. Buffalo - 7-9
4. Miami - 4-12

AFC North

1. Cincinnati - 11-5
2. Baltimore - 10-6
3. Cleveland - 7-9
4. Pittsburgh - 5-11

AFC South

1. Indianapolis - 10-6
2. Houston - 9-7
3. Jacksonville - 8-8
4. Tennessee - 3-13

AFC West

1. Denver - 12-4
2. San Diego - 7-9
3. Oakland - 6-10
4. Kansas City - 6-10

NFC East

1. Dallas - 11-5
2. Philadelphia - 7-9
3. Washington - 6-10
4. New York - 5-11

NFC North

1. Chicago - 10-6
2. Detroit - 8-8
3. Minnesota - 8-8
4. Green Bay - 5-11

NFC South

1. Carolina - 10-6
2. Atlanta - 10-6
3. New Orleans - 9-7
4. Tampa Bay - 6-10

NFC West

1. San Francisco - 11-5
2. St Louis - 9-7
3. Arizona - 7-9
4. Seattle - 6-10

Last edited by Shiver : 05-02-2007 at 06:33 PM.
Old 05-02-2007, 06:21 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMontainya View Post
Name me 1 year in the NFL where everything exspected happens? Theres allways that "one team" that surprises everyone. What if I told you at the beggining of 2006 the Saints would be that good?
Didn't I just say that in my post brainlord?

Old 05-02-2007, 06:22 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
And one thing to note, the Giants are usually a team that does well when everyone writes them off.
True as that may be, it's not at all relavent to the 2007 New York Giants.

Old 05-02-2007, 06:29 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

I think BBD is going to hate me.

Old 05-02-2007, 06:29 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
True as that may be, it's not at all relavent to the 2007 New York Giants.
Yeah, but still, I need something to hold on to.

Im not sure how I feel about this season. Part of me thinks we can surprise alot of people, because our "holes" are blown out of proportion. The other part of me wouldn't mind at all seeing Coughlin fired. As you know, Im not a big Coughlin fan at all.

So I don't know.....Coughlin failing surely indicates that Eli will most likely have a poor season as a result of it, which is something I do not want to see.

At the same time, I don't want Coughlin coaching this team. So I don't know.

But I think we're gonna surprise alot of people defensively this year. People don't understand how bad Tim Lewis truely was.
Old 05-02-2007, 06:32 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
I think BBD is going to hate me.
Na. That could very well be our season. Who knows. I won't write off any possibility. We can do great, we can do horrible. Both are realistic possibilities.