Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 10-31-2006, 06:38 PM    (permalink
4pAc
Pro Bowler

4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodachu
Quote:
Originally Posted by duckseason
The title of the thread is basically an oxymoron. Cards are the champs. Nothing "worst" about them. They showed tremendous heart, and caught a few breaks. Only way to know if they would lose to previous champs, is to let them play eachother. This team has plenty of talent. They deserve full credit.
Baseball's a joke nowadays though, so who really gives a rat's ass?
The first five lines of your post are excellent.
I think the last sentence was pure gold and truthful too

Sig by Darnik44two

Lord Favre Is Immortal
4pAc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 06:40 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetedginnshow
2005 White Sox.
javascript:emoticon(':?')

Considering we dominated the regular season (up until the end) and went 12-1 during the postseason, yea I can see that.

Our pitching absolutely murdered opposing offenses last year. 4 straight complete games against the Angels in the ALCS, are you kidding me? Plus we had a great defensive squad and a good hitting squad. We did come out of nowhere but our pitching is what won us that ring. Timely clutch hitting and great bullpen performances added to that success as well.

We had arguably the most dominant postseason peformance of any team in baseball history. And we should have gone 12-0 if we could've been able to field the ball in Game 1 in the ALCS.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 06:40 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4pAc
Quote:
Quote:
The title of the thread is basically an oxymoron. Cards are the champs. Nothing "worst" about them. They showed tremendous heart, and caught a few breaks. Only way to know if they would lose to previous champs, is to let them play eachother. This team has plenty of talent. They deserve full credit.
If u don't like baseball, why do u post in baseball threads then?
Old 10-31-2006, 06:42 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34
Quote:
2005 White Sox.

Considering we dominated the regular season (up until the end) and went 12-1 during the postseason, yea I can see that.

Our pitching absolutely murdered opposing offenses last year. 4 straight complete games against the Angels in the ALCS, are you kidding me? Plus we had a great defensive squad and a good hitting squad. We did come out of nowhere but our pitching is what won us that ring. Timely clutch hitting and great bullpen performances added to that success as well.

We had arguably the most dominant postseason peformance of any team in baseball history. And we should have gone 12-0 if we could've been able to field the ball in Game 1 in the ALCS.
Considering the Angels got screwed over on game-changing plays in three consecutive games, yeah, it sure was dominant.
Old 10-31-2006, 06:44 PM    (permalink
4pAc
Pro Bowler

4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I like baseball, just not the world series. I enjoyed the conference finals and I do think calling one the worst champioship team ever sounds dumb.

Sig by Darnik44two

Lord Favre Is Immortal
Old 10-31-2006, 06:46 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
2005 White Sox.

Considering the Angels got screwed over on game-changing plays in three consecutive games, yeah, it sure was dominant.
Not really, the Angles couldn't hit the Sox pitching if they were throwing out of their asses.
Old 10-31-2006, 06:47 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
2005 White Sox.

Not really, the Angles couldn't hit the Sox pitching if they were throwing out of their asses.
Correction. Vlad Guerrero couldn't. The rest of them weren't doing too shabby.
Old 10-31-2006, 06:48 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I like baseball, just not the world series. I enjoyed the conference finals and I do think calling one the worst champioship team ever sounds dumb.
Thank u, I understand, u are 1 of those 500 billion who didn't like these last 2 WS cuz had nothing to do with the Yankees or Red Sox.
Old 10-31-2006, 06:49 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
2005 White Sox.

Which is why our pitchers had 4 straight complete games right, because of "game changing plays"? :roll:

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 06:49 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
2005 White Sox.

Vlad is Angels. Vlad do good, Angels do good. Vlad do ****, Angels do ****.
Old 10-31-2006, 07:03 PM    (permalink
4pAc
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Thank u, I understand, u are 1 of those 500 billion who didn't like these last 2 WS cuz had nothing to do with the Yankees or Red Sox.
Not true, I just didn''t watch the last two for some reason... But seriously in major sports conference games are sometimes better than world series

Sig by Darnik44two

Lord Favre Is Immortal
Old 10-31-2006, 07:11 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
2005 White Sox.

Which is why our pitchers had 4 straight complete games right, because of "game changing plays"? :roll:
Well the two aren't directly correlated, and that proves nothing, but sure. But there's no need to argue. Well you can say something else if you'd like, but it doesn't really interest me to talk that much about the Angels or the White Sox.