Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 05-02-2007, 11:11 PM    (permalink
Yung Flippa
Veteran

Yung Flippa hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Yung Flippa hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default WideOuts

Of Course Calvin Johnson will probably have the best season for wideouts in this years class.

But which of the remaining 1st-Round Wideouts do you think will have the best season?

Miami's Ted Ginn Jr.

Indy's Anthony Gonzalez

San Diego's Craig Davis

Kansas City's Dwayne Bowe

New Orleans' Robert Meachem

Baltimore: 7-4
Yung Flippa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 11:12 PM    (permalink
Xonraider
All-Pro

Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Bowe will have the best season.. followed closely by Calvin.
Old 05-02-2007, 11:33 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think gonzalez will have 800+ yards and 8-10 TDs...He prolly won't have the best but he will have top 3 for rookie WRs
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 11:34 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gonzalez should do very well considering all the talent he has surrounding him. I'd say he gets at least 45-50 catches and 5 TD's.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 11:36 PM    (permalink
volman88
Rookie

volman88 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Dwayne Bowe will be the best if Trent Green stays, cause he will walk in being their best reciever on the team.

Dallas Cowboys/Denver Broncos/Tennessee Volunteer Fan
volman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 11:44 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I might sound like a homer but if Meachem picks up the playbook quickly over the off-season I think he could become a big time contributor in the Saints Offense.

Drew Brees distributes the ball very well, and I think he can excel in Sean Payton's system (similar to how Colston excelled last year). He won't put up monster numbers because there are a lot of footballs to go around, but he could possibly put up above average #'s especially for a rookie receiver.

I expect Bowe to also be a big time contributor in KC's offense. I don't know if Ginn will put up bigtime receiving stats but I think he'll be an explosive returner, and big play threat.
Old 05-02-2007, 11:45 PM    (permalink
trademaster
Rookie

trademaster is so money.trademaster is so money.trademaster is so money.trademaster is so money.trademaster is so money.trademaster is so money.trademaster is so money.trademaster is so money.trademaster is so money.trademaster is so money.

I think Ted Ginn will have the biggest impact, both as a WR and KR

Sig by Mockalicious

'''VICTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!''''

-Johnny Drama-
trademaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 12:01 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I will take Anthony Gonzalez. He is, by far, in the best situation. He can line up in the slot, and exploit favorable match-ups.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 12:10 AM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

It think Dwayne Bowe will have the best rookie season. He's ready to contribute right away and I think he'll slide into the #2 or #3 WR spot easily.
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 12:11 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll take Craig Davis to block.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 12:11 AM    (permalink
Veteran

22,895 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Easily Gonzo. Anybody can thrive in that Colts system with Peyton Manning throwing the ball.
22,895 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 12:15 AM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Robert Meacham

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Carr to Cooper in 2015

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 12:19 AM    (permalink
Xenos
Veteran

Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think they'll all do fine.
Craig Davis looks like he'll play a big role in SD's defense as a slot receiver and punt returner. The guy will provide that deep threat we need. Plus he has very reliable hands, and is willing to block for LT.
Xenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 01:38 AM    (permalink
FilthyRich

anthony gonzalez just because of the system he's entering.
Old 05-03-2007, 01:44 AM    (permalink
SaintsMan
Veteran

SaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Robert Meachem is a big play WR in a big play Offense. I think he'll have around 1000yds recieving and 10 TDs.
SaintsMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 02:16 AM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Out of that group, I'll go with Meachem, Gonzalez, Bowe, Davis, Ginn, in that order. Robert Meachem walks into by far the best situation, becoming the #2 WR on what was already one of the most potent offenses in the NFL, with a top 5 NFL QB throwing him the ball. He should get about 1000 yards and 6-8 TDs. While Meachem's is the best situation, Anthony Gonzalez walks into a pretty good situation as well. He'll be the #3 WR on a team featuring two pro bowlers at the spot, and with Dallas Clark on the field as well, he might not even have a guy covering him half of the time, and he'll be catching the ball from the best QB the NFL has to offer. I could see him getting something in the range of 750 yards and 6-8 TDs. Coming in a close third to Gonzalez is Dwayne Bowe, simply because there is so much uncertainty surroundingthe Kansas City offense at the moment. He has a ton of talent, and were he in a better situation, he'd easily get at least the #2 spot on this list. I'm guessing something in the 750 yard and 6-8 TD range for Bowe as well. I think Craig Davis and Ted Ginn Jr. will disappoint their respective teams. I'll predict about 500 yards and 0-5 TDs from each.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
<Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge
Dam8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 02:32 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think Meachem being the #2 puts him over Gonzalez. Actually that's why I went with Gonzalez. He gets to play in a predominantly 3-WR offense, and he will face favorable match-ups almost every week.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 02:38 AM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
I don't think Meachem being the #2 puts him over Gonzalez. Actually that's why I went with Gonzalez. He gets to play in a predominantly 3-WR offense, and he will face favorable match-ups almost every week.
The Colts used a lot of 2 TE sets with Clark/Fletcher in the slot (and Utecht/Clark at TE), mainly because of injuries, but nonetheless, it was a very effective set, and one, along with some other 2 TE looks, that the Colts will likely use from time to time this year. Meachem will see more PT, and doesn't quite have the established lot of players around him as Gonzalez. I might be a bit biased on the issue though, as I thought Robert Meachem was the best WR not named Calvin Johnson in this draft class.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
Old 05-03-2007, 04:02 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintsMan View Post
Robert Meachem is a big play WR in a big play Offense. I think he'll have around 1000yds recieving and 10 TDs.
Do I detect a hint of homerism?

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 04:06 AM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
keyshawn's gonna be the number 2...
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 11:02 AM    (permalink
Bengals1690
Veteran

Bengals1690 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Bengals1690 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

ted ginn, because i am tired of almost everybody hating on him lately. H e is a dynamic, explosive home run threat that will be a star. And to the guy that said meachem will have 1000 yards and 10 TDs, you obviously are a bigger homer than GRF. Hes a rookie, and he isnt talented enough to have a randy moss type rookie season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mythbusta View Post
i love my pedestal. thats why im the mythbusta.
who dey?
Bengals1690 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 11:13 AM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

Location: Oh please give me a good reputation. I'm so concerned with what you think about me!
ricky bobby hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I'll go in this order

1. Robert Meachem
2. Anthony Gonzalez
3. Craig Davis
4. Dwayne Bowe
5. Ted Ginn Jr.

The quarterback that will be throwing to them was a major part of why I went in that order.
ricky bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 12:15 PM    (permalink
Nitschke-Hawk
Pro Bowler

Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.

Calvin Johnson by far, as good as he is and as much as Detroit passes, with Williams. Geez. I'm kinda scared to play them now but that's really all we have to worry about.

Bosanac01
Nitschke-Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 12:22 PM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitschke-Hawk View Post
Calvin Johnson by far, as good as he is and as much as Detroit passes, with Williams. Geez. I'm kinda scared to play them now but that's really all we have to worry about.
Well, that would be a good answer, if the question didn't explicitly exclude Calvin Johnson from the discussion.

Quote:
Old 05-03-2007, 12:23 PM    (permalink
Nitschke-Hawk
Pro Bowler

Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.

Hahahaha, I just skimmed through the thread, my bad.

Bosanac01
Nitschke-Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote