Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 05-03-2007, 11:31 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm going to say that Anthony Gonzalez will have the best season. With Manning throwing him the ball, he will excel and make plays. There's no way for any team to cover Clark, Harrison, Wayne, Addai, and Gonzalez. I think he is the best bet for a great year.

I love Dwayne Bowe as a Chief, but with Green's situation in flux and only Croyle and Huard behind him, I'm not terribly enamored.

I'm a pretty big fan of Meachum having a big year. He doesn't have to be the primary focus in New Orleans, which is good for him. He can just do his thing. I love Payton's offensive mindset, and Drew Brees is excellent.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 01:14 PM    (permalink
megansett56BC
Rookie

megansett56BC hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

i'm also going with meachem. colston's going to get a lot of attention, as is bush. i believed they also signed eric johnson, so that should get some attention from defenses in the middle. with brees at qb, he could have a monster year.

Belichick might be an a-hole... but I'd rather have an a-hole that wins than one that doesn't.
megansett56BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 02:06 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gonzalez will be the 3rd option for Manning and it'll be tough for a defense to cover him with Harrison and Wayne.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 02:08 PM    (permalink
cordscords
Rookie

cordscords hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

If I cant choose CJ, Meachem.
cordscords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 02:10 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll put in a vote for Craig Davis.

He's got one of the better offensive minds in the game in Norv Turner helming his development, and he's joining an experienced offense where LaDainian Tomlinson and Antonio Gates will draw all of the attention but Davis will have a great shot to contribute thanks to need/talent. His speed coupled with the play action pass, thanks to Tomlinson, could result in big plays by Davis. Heck, you can't even rule out Tomlinson throwing TD passes to Davis.
Old 05-03-2007, 02:19 PM    (permalink
portermvp84
Pro Bowler

portermvp84 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I'm going to say, Ted Ginn was he's rehabbed from his injury, I think he's going to light up the field. He's very fast, good hands and you can use him for a variety of things. Acouple things are KR, PR, he could also make a good slot receiver. I think he will be used very well in Cam Cameron's offense. The Dolphins will have make the best of their situation with Ted Ginn Jr.

Thanks to jackalope
portermvp84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 02:26 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anthony Gonzalez is such a great fit for Indy I think he will be a beast for them teams will be so worried about MH and RW that Gonzo will eat up nickel backs all day long.
Old 05-03-2007, 04:31 PM    (permalink
SaintsMan
Veteran

SaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24cadillac24 View Post
Do I detect a hint of homerism?
I'm expecting him to have a year like Colston last season. Colston put up over 1000yds and 8 TD's while missing 4 games. It's not impossible, safe for injury, that Meachem can get 850yds-1000yds and 7-10 TD's.
SaintsMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 04:32 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really think Craig Davis will end up being beastly this year
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Last edited by bored of education : 05-03-2007 at 07:36 PM.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 04:39 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Meachem will have a great year.
Old 05-03-2007, 04:58 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How many yards did brees hook up with joe horn with last year? those yards have to go somewhere.

right into meech's stat book. SP likes toys. meech is one of those.

gonzo will have a good year too. i mean, when you play the slot with harrison and wayne, and have dallas clark and addai as five threats from wherever. i can see him taking many of the curl and hook routes that peyton throws to and putting putting up consistant numbers every game of fifty yards. well said splat.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 06:19 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfullyquiet View Post
How many yards did brees hook up with joe horn with last year? those yards have to go somewhere.

right into meech's stat book. SP likes toys. meech is one of those.
Hopefully for us Meachem doesn't pick up Joe Horn's injury tendencies as well. ;)
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 06:22 PM    (permalink
Gchu83
Rookie

Gchu83 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Gchu83 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Gonzalez...it helps a lot when your QB is Peyton Manning.
Gchu83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 07:26 PM    (permalink
#1chiefs_fan

Anthony Gonzelaz or Calvin Johnson. Both are in good offenses and will both have 700-1000 recieving yards and 4-8 touchdowns.
Old 05-03-2007, 07:33 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Robert Meachem, #2 WR probably, He's a good talent, Brees had a good season last year, and all of the other teams that drafted a WR have some QB problems except SD and INDY, where Craig Davis could have a great year as #2 WR but I'm not sure how consistent Rivers will be, and at INDY Gonzalez will be #3 WR and I question that he should be a first rounder, but we'll just have to wait and see.

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 07:35 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

Craig Davis
Old 05-03-2007, 07:42 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Meachem because drew brees = beast, beast qb with meachem = best rookie WR next year

and

davis because him n gates will get all the stats, because if davis is more than decent rivers will be forced to throw to only gates n him

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 04:17 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Steve Breaston 4 KR for TD's and 3 TD catches

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 08:18 AM    (permalink
dRaFtDoRk
Veteran

dRaFtDoRk hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Its going to go to a player who was drafted to a pass heavy team, like Robert Meachem or Anthony Gonzalez. I don't think Dwayne Bowe is going to get as many oppurtunities as he should because Larry Johnson is bound to get 30 carries a game.

I'm having a feeling though that Ted Ginn is going to surprise some people and give the Dolphins a legit target to throw to in the next couple years.
dRaFtDoRk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 08:31 AM    (permalink
JoeMontainya
Veteran

JoeMontainya needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yung Flippa View Post
Of Course Calvin Johnson will probably have the best season for wideouts in this years class.

But which of the remaining 1st-Round Wideouts do you think will have the best season?

Miami's Ted Ginn Jr.

Indy's Anthony Gonzalez

San Diego's Craig Davis

Kansas City's Dwayne Bowe

New Orleans' Robert Meachem

It seems like Gonzalez is set up really nicely to have a great season.
JoeMontainya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 08:58 AM    (permalink
constant cough
Rookie

constant cough hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Craig "Buster" Davis!

I would say Gonzalez with Manning throwing him balls but he's got Harrison and Wyane on his team. Davis only has Vincet and Parker ahead of him and Rivers throwing you the ball ain't bad.
constant cough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 09:01 AM    (permalink
lod01
Veteran

lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintsMan View Post
Robert Meachem is a big play WR in a big play Offense. I think he'll have around 1000yds recieving and 10 TDs.
Absolutely no chance of that happening. Odds are he will start as the #3 WR on the depth chart.
lod01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 02:33 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

just because calvin johnson is the best of the rookie wideouts, does not mean he will have the best season.
everyone else is in a viable situation, detroit is just a...[make up word here]
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 02:50 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lod01 View Post
Absolutely no chance of that happening. Odds are he will start as the #3 WR on the depth chart.
Most probably, but I can't see him staying 3rd for long if he learns the Offense quick enough.

Who's going to start ahead of him? Devery Henderson is way too inconsistent hands wise to be a full time starter, and Terrance Copper doesn't have the game breaking potential.
Old 05-04-2007, 04:05 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by constant cough View Post
Craig "Buster" Davis!

I would say Gonzalez with Manning throwing him balls but he's got Harrison and Wyane on his team. Davis only has Vincet and Parker ahead of him and Rivers throwing you the ball ain't bad.
Hence why I chose Davis. Like last year, Addai had a better overall year than Bush because the state of the team helped necessitate it.

And I also think the Chargers defense might regress a bit, and I don't expect LT to repeat his amazing performance, so that helps Davis get the best shot imo of any receiver in the first round to contribute and have the best statistical year.