Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 05-03-2007, 09:55 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Troy Smith could be a good QB. I think the only true Franchise QBs in this league are Brady,Manning,McNabb(may be in decline), Palmer, and maybe Hasselbeck..am i missing anyone?

post 1,000 :)

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 10:28 PM    (permalink
Bengals1690
Veteran

Bengals1690 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Bengals1690 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderz4life View Post
I think Troy Smith could be a good QB. I think the only true Franchise QBs in this league are Brady,Manning,McNabb(may be in decline), Palmer, and maybe Hasselbeck..am i missing anyone?

get rid of hasselbeck, and you got a good list. congrats on 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by mythbusta View Post
i love my pedestal. thats why im the mythbusta.
who dey?
Bengals1690 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 10:41 PM    (permalink
portermvp84
Pro Bowler

portermvp84 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I figure after this season Rex will be a goner.

Thanks to jackalope
portermvp84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 11:24 PM    (permalink
Ewing
Pro Bowler

Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderz4life View Post

Drew Brees?
Ewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 11:28 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by simms2clayton View Post
when will Favre retire?
never...........

My Raiders Mock

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 11:29 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by portermvp84 View Post
I figure after this season Rex will be a goner.
your sig is SWEET

My Raiders Mock

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 12:45 AM    (permalink
Watchman
Veteran

Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
Chris Simms is our franchise QB. You call me a pessimist ;)?
The franchise doesn't bring in every vet QB it can get its hands on if they have a franchise QB in place.

Simms was ok in 2005, but he was playing his way to the bench in 06 before he got hurt.
Watchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 01:02 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by simms2clayton View Post
Just thought it would be neat to lay out all 32 NFL Teams to see which ones have a "franchise QB." It is in no particular order and teams without any clear cut QB I will discuss later

AFC East
Buffalo: Looks like JP Losman is their guy after they passed on Brady Quinn. But what if he has a horrible season in 07?
Dallas: Tony Romo for now but lets see after 2007
Washington Redskins: Jason Campbell
Chicago Bears: Lets give Rex Grossman another season
Minnesota Vikings: Tavarius Jackson
Saint Louis Rams: Marc Bulger
Depending on the course of events the 2007 season take, I wouldn't put it past any of these teams to be looking for a QB very early in the 2008 draft.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 01:05 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
Being able to say that my team even has a franchise QB makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.
I would say "potential franchise QB." But that's just semantics. For the first time in a while, we won't be looking to add a QB this next offseason

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 01:44 AM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
I would say "potential franchise QB." But that's just semantics. For the first time in a while, we won't be looking to add a QB this next offseason
Why must you harsh my mellow NIP?
Old 05-04-2007, 02:06 AM    (permalink
Phrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchman View Post
ok
LOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOOLOLLO

Did you not watch ANY games?
Old 05-04-2007, 10:55 AM    (permalink
Watchman
Veteran

Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrost View Post
LOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOOLOLLO

Did you not watch ANY games?
All of them, he shined in a couple and was pretty much average in the rest. He threw for 2,000 yds. 10 TDs and 7 ints in 05. That's ok.

Regardless as I said, he was playing his way to the bench in 06, and the franchise has brought in several vet QBs to compete with the supposed franchise QB they have.
Old 05-04-2007, 11:07 AM    (permalink
Finsfan79
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Finsfan79 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post
If Drew Stanton, and John Beck are franchise QBs then Troy Smith is a franchise QB.
possibilities for all 3 to work out but beck and stanton have better tools
Finsfan79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 11:08 AM    (permalink
Finsfan79
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Finsfan79 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Depending on the course of events the 2007 season take, I wouldn't put it past any of these teams to be looking for a QB very early in the 2008 draft.
specially with the cowboys perhaps having 2 top 10 picks
Finsfan79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 11:44 AM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finsfan79 View Post
possibilities for all 3 to work out but beck and stanton have better tools
The only thing Beck an Stanton have on Troy is there taller than 6 feet, Troy has just as good if not a better arm than both and he has mobility.

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 01:07 PM    (permalink
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
Pro Bowler

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll do my take on the AFC starters now, and I'll do the NFC tonight.

AFC East
Buffalo - J.P. Losman = I like him and he has made strides, hopefully he can keep improving and keep his job.

Miami - John Beck = This may be a long learning curve for Beck this year if he is the starter, I think his age and maturity will help, but it may be a long year in Miami.

NY Jets - Chad Pennington = Plays very well when he is on the field, but he has been injury prone, and Kellen Clemens is waiting in the wings.

New England - Tom Brady = 3 Super Bowl rings says alot, but he is a great player who makes below average players into quality players, example...Jabar Gaffney and Reeche Caldwell.

AFC North
Baltimore - Steve McNair = I love him for his toughness, but he is also one who is injury prone, and may not have to much time left in the league. Troy Smith may get a shot there in the future.

Cincinnati - Carson Palmer = A top 5 QB in the league, has great weapons to work with in Johnson and Houshmanzadeh. They could take the next step to the elite level of the league if their teammates could stay out of trouble.

Cleveland - Brady Quinn = I think he will start at some point during the season, and he is my favorite out of the QB that were drafted, if they get some more help on the offensive side he could be a real good one in the future.

Pittsburgh - Ben Roethlisberger = I love Roethlisberger as a game manager, he did a great job with Bettis, Parker, and Ward when they one the Super Bowl two season ago. If he can bounce back from last years tough year he should be fine.

AFC South
Houston - Matt Schaub - The Texans must have seen something for a guy who has only started 2 games. If Houston doesn't solidify their O-line it coulb be a long year for Schaub. They do have the weapons for him in Andre Johnson, Owen Daniels, Ahman Green, and rookie Jacoby Jones.

Indianapolis - Peyton Manning = The best in the game today, and after winning the big one last season there is no doubt in my mind he goes down as the best quarterback to ever play the game.

Jacksonville - Byron Leftwich = Team may be going with him for the 2007 season, but after they could be looking at other options. Leftwich is an average quarterback who is injury prone, and the Jags may not be set with him for 2008.

Tennessee - Vince Young = He is just a winner, and I love that. But I think the Titans needed to bring in some help for him on the offensive side of the ball. Their is need at receiver and uncertainty in the backfield. Young can't do it all on his own right?

AFC West
Denver - Jay Cutler- I love this guy. Cutler has the weapons in Denver and has a very good offensive line. If Culter is having an off day throwing, he will be able to hand it off to one of the workhorse running backs that Denver has in its stable.

Kansas City - Damon Huard - I think it will be Huard's job until Brodie Croyle is ready, and that is just fine for KC. Huard did a great job when Trent Green was injured, and he will be a solid starter for the Chiefs for the near future. All he has to do in hand off to LJ anyway!

Oakland - JaMarcus Russell - He may not start the first game, but he will be under center before the year is over. He is hands down the best QB that was drafted last weekend. In my opinion I think he could have a Vince Young type year this year. He could actually do better since I think the weapons are there in LaMont Jordan, Justin Fargas, Ron Curry, Joey Porter, and Courtney Alexander. If Lane Kiffen can coach this team and get them to buy into his philosophy they will be greatly improved.

San Diego - Philip Rivers - He is another solid game manager. He has tons of weapons around him, and he has the deadliest weapon in LT. Rivers is a good QB, but I am not yet fully sold on him being an elite quarterback.

Here is how I rank the 16 AFC QB's:
1 - Payton Manning
2 - Tom Brady
3 - Carson Palmer
4 - Philip Rivers
5 - Vince Young
6 - Chad Pennington
7 - Ben Roethlisberger
8 - Jay Cutler
9 - Steve McNair
10 - J.P. Losman
11 - Damon Huard
12 - Byron Leftwich
13 - JaMarcus Russell
14 - Matt Schaub
15 - Brady Quinn
16 - John Beck

Thanks to Bone Krusher for the sig
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 03:22 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
IF it doesn't go great for JP this year, Trent Edwards is next in line and I don't see us going for a QB next year.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 03:32 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Leftwich is in the last year of his deal, so whatever his fate is will be solely determined by this season. If he has a bad year or is injured again, he likely will not be re-signed. I think he can become a franchise QB, it just depends if he's healthy and if he raise his play to an elite level. As time goes by, I think more and more that he will never be great but merely good. With our defense, that may not be a problem, but a good quarterback usually doesn't stay good forever. Only elite quarterbacks tend to sustain a high level of play.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 03:35 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unseen View Post
With our defense, that may not be a problem, but a good quarterback usually doesn't stay good forever. Only elite quarterbacks tend to sustain a high level of play.
The Aaron Brooks factor?

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 05:18 PM    (permalink
skinzzfan25
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.

Quote:
Campbell looked like he could be something special last year. Every game he improved by a pretty good amount. With his first offseason as the solidified starter, and plenty of time with the offense (11/12 starters returning) 07-08 should be amazing. Saunders will make this kid shine.
Old 05-04-2007, 08:15 PM    (permalink
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
Pro Bowler

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 View Post
I'll do my take on the AFC starters now, and I'll do the NFC tonight.

AFC East
Buffalo - J.P. Losman = I like him and he has made strides, hopefully he can keep improving and keep his job.

Miami - John Beck = This may be a long learning curve for Beck this year if he is the starter, I think his age and maturity will help, but it may be a long year in Miami.

NY Jets - Chad Pennington = Plays very well when he is on the field, but he has been injury prone, and Kellen Clemens is waiting in the wings.

New England - Tom Brady = 3 Super Bowl rings says alot, but he is a great player who makes below average players into quality players, example...Jabar Gaffney and Reeche Caldwell.

AFC North
Baltimore - Steve McNair = I love him for his toughness, but he is also one who is injury prone, and may not have to much time left in the league. Troy Smith may get a shot there in the future.

Cincinnati - Carson Palmer = A top 5 QB in the league, has great weapons to work with in Johnson and Houshmanzadeh. They could take the next step to the elite level of the league if their teammates could stay out of trouble.

Cleveland - Brady Quinn = I think he will start at some point during the season, and he is my favorite out of the QB that were drafted, if they get some more help on the offensive side he could be a real good one in the future.

Pittsburgh - Ben Roethlisberger = I love Roethlisberger as a game manager, he did a great job with Bettis, Parker, and Ward when they one the Super Bowl two season ago. If he can bounce back from last years tough year he should be fine.

AFC South
Houston - Matt Schaub - The Texans must have seen something for a guy who has only started 2 games. If Houston doesn't solidify their O-line it coulb be a long year for Schaub. They do have the weapons for him in Andre Johnson, Owen Daniels, Ahman Green, and rookie Jacoby Jones.

Indianapolis - Peyton Manning = The best in the game today, and after winning the big one last season there is no doubt in my mind he goes down as the best quarterback to ever play the game.

Jacksonville - Byron Leftwich = Team may be going with him for the 2007 season, but after they could be looking at other options. Leftwich is an average quarterback who is injury prone, and the Jags may not be set with him for 2008.

Tennessee - Vince Young = He is just a winner, and I love that. But I think the Titans needed to bring in some help for him on the offensive side of the ball. Their is need at receiver and uncertainty in the backfield. Young can't do it all on his own right?

AFC West
Denver - Jay Cutler- I love this guy. Cutler has the weapons in Denver and has a very good offensive line. If Culter is having an off day throwing, he will be able to hand it off to one of the workhorse running backs that Denver has in its stable.

Kansas City - Damon Huard - I think it will be Huard's job until Brodie Croyle is ready, and that is just fine for KC. Huard did a great job when Trent Green was injured, and he will be a solid starter for the Chiefs for the near future. All he has to do in hand off to LJ anyway!

Oakland - JaMarcus Russell - He may not start the first game, but he will be under center before the year is over. He is hands down the best QB that was drafted last weekend. In my opinion I think he could have a Vince Young type year this year. He could actually do better since I think the weapons are there in LaMont Jordan, Justin Fargas, Ron Curry, Joey Porter, and Courtney Alexander. If Lane Kiffen can coach this team and get them to buy into his philosophy they will be greatly improved.

San Diego - Philip Rivers - He is another solid game manager. He has tons of weapons around him, and he has the deadliest weapon in LT. Rivers is a good QB, but I am not yet fully sold on him being an elite quarterback.

Here is how I rank the 16 AFC QB's:
1 - Payton Manning
2 - Tom Brady
3 - Carson Palmer
4 - Philip Rivers
5 - Vince Young
6 - Chad Pennington
7 - Ben Roethlisberger
8 - Jay Cutler
9 - Steve McNair
10 - J.P. Losman
11 - Damon Huard
12 - Byron Leftwich
13 - JaMarcus Russell
14 - Matt Schaub
15 - Brady Quinn
16 - John Beck
Here is what I have for the NFC

NFC East
Dallas - Tony Romo = Romo had a very good start to the time he was under center for the Cowboys. Teams started to figure out Romo towards the end of the year, and it showed. However, I think that Romo will have the chance at a very good season. He has good weapons on offense with Owens, Glenn, Witten, Jones, and Barber. The Cowboys also believe they have solidified their o-line with the signing of Leonard Davis. I see a very good year for Tony Romo.

NY Giants - Eli Manning = For some reason I think that Eli will just never be able to get out of Peyton's shadow. He has weapons on offense in Burress, Toomer, and Shockey, who are all good receivers. Eli may be better suited as a game manager. He will be able to hand the ball off to Droughns and Jacobs enough during the year that he may be able to take some of the pressue off of himself. Unfortunatly, I don't think that Eli will ever become an elite level quarterback.

Philadelphia = Donovan McNabb/AJ Feeley = When McNabb is healthy he is arguably the best QB in the NFC. The problem is that McNabb has been injury prone over the past few years. McNabb has done a great job with adequate receivers over the last few seasons, with Terrell Owens being the exception. McNabb more than likely will not be 100% when the season starts, so I hope that the Eagles hand the reins to Feeley over Kolb. Feeley did an solid job when he started a few years ago when McNabb was injured. I feel that Feeley could be a quality starter given the opportunity. However, I think the Eagles would be considered very foolish to let McNabb go after this season. If McNabb comes back fully healed it will be a very good season for the Eagles.

Washington - Jason Campbell = Campbell was solid in the 7 games he started for the Skins last season. I think that with a little more experience he may turn into a very good starter in the NFL. The Redskins have many weapons in place for him including Moss, Lloyd, and Randle El at receiver, Cooley at H-back, and Portis and Betts in the backfield. Campbell has enough weapons that he only needs to be a game manager. The teams has many game breakers on the roster. Why can this team just not put it together? I see good things in Campbell's future.

NFC North
Chicago - Rex Grossman = I saw almost all of the Bears games last year, and me being a Bears fan I am not impartial to him at all. When Rex was on he was very good as we saw during the first month of the season. But when Rex was off he was good awful, as we saw in the games against New England, Miami, Minnesota, and Green Bay. Rex just doesn't seem to have it when it comes to being a starter in the NFL. The kid can play, but he is just way to sporatic in his play. In my opinion his biggest weapon, Thomas Jones, is now gone and he will rely on Cedric Benson to get the job done when he is having one of his bad games. I can't see good things in Rex's future, and I can see the teams looking for another option at QB after this year.

Detroit - John Kitna = Kitna is a solid NFL starter who has a nack at holding down the fort until the QB of the future is ready, as we saw when Kitna was in Seattle and Cincinnati. Kitna has help on offense with Kevin Jones, Roy Williams, and Calvin Johnson and I personally hope he gets the ball to Johnson alot. Kitna will be the starter until Drew Stanton is ready, which may not be until 2008. I think Kitna will be fine as the starter, but I don't see alot of success for the Lions this year.

Green Bay - Brett Favre = I have no words to describe him but iron man. He goes out there week after week after week and plays at a very high level and makes plays. He has been the cornerstone of the franchise for the last 17 years and will continue to be until he feels fit to stop, which may never happen if he has anything to say about that. Brett has two solid weapons in Driver and Jennings, but I am unsure of how Bubba Franks, Vernand Morency, and Brandon Jackson will help the offense this year. Favre will either have a great season or a terrible one. I forsee a great year for him, and I think the Pack may be able to steal one of those wild card spots.

Minnesota - Tarvaris Jackson = He is a guy that I really can't comment on because he has only started 2 games. I personally do not think he is what Minnesota needs, but Childress seems to be very high on him. Jackson still needs time to develop, and he will do so throughout this season. Jackson can be more of a game manager this year because he will be able to hand off to their two headed running attack of Chester Taylor and Adrian Peterson. I can see Sidney Rice becoming a huge part of the offense and becoming Tarvaris's top receiver.

NFC South
Atlanta - Michael Vick = Vick is hands down the best running quarterback in NFL history. However, all that runnning he does can hurt the team at some times. Vick has a good amount of weapons on offense with the likes of Dunn, Norwood, Jenkins, White, and Crumpler. The problem is that Vick likes to do it all on his own, he needs to let his teammates become involved and take some of the pressure off of him. I can't wait to see what type of offensive schemes that new head coach Bobby Petrino has whipped up for Atlanta. If Vick lets the rest of the team take some more of the workload I can see a good year for him, but if tries to do too much it will be another mediocre year.

Carolina - Jake Delhomme = Jake seems to have not been the same QB that he was when Carolina went to the Super Bowl a few seasons ago. And now that Carolina has added David Carr to the mix I think their is the possibilty of a quarterback controversy before the year is over. Delhomme needs to be a good game manager because Carolina has the weapons on offense in Steve Smith, Dwayne Jarrett, Keary Colbert, DeAngelo Williams, DeShaun Foster, and Michael Gaines. If Delhomme can manage the offense the Panthers will be fine, but if he has a rough start I can see Carr getting an opportunity.

New Orleans - Drew Brees = In my opinion Brees is the best quarterback in the NFC. Bress has had back to back terrific season the last two years, and over exceeded expectations after having surgery on his torn labrum following his final season in San Diego. Brees threw for almost 4500 yards last year, and that was done with one of the better running back tandems in the league with Reggie Bush and Deuce McAllister. The receiving corps is solid with Colston, Henderson, Copper, and Meachem. I see great things for Brees and the Saints offense this season.

Tampa Bay - Jeff Garcia = Garcia is an on/off quarterback. He is good when he has talent around him, as when he was in Philly and San Francisco. But when he doesn't have the talent his performance drops, as in Cleveland and Detroit. Tampa is a team that is still rebuilding, but does have good weapons in Cadillac Williams and an aging Mike Alstott. Garcia may have troubles with this offense, and I can see a quarterback competition with Chris Simms before the year is over.

NFC West
Arizona - Matt Leinart = Leinart will have a much better year this year for a few reasons. The first reason is the addition of Russ Grimm as offensive line coach. Grimm will coach up a line that has been the problem of th franchise for the last few years. Once the line can keep Leinart off his backside, Leinart has a plethora of weapons to choose from on offense including Boldin, Fitzgerald, Pope, James, and Patrick. The addition of Levi Brown to the O-line will also be a great step in keeping Leinart healthy. I see a very good year for Matt Leinart and the Cardinals.

San Francisco - Alex Smith = Smith has improved leaps and bounds since being selected #1 overall in the 2005 draft, most of that success can be attributed to the tutelage of Norv Turner. Turner has moved on, but Smith will be fine. The addition of Darrell Jackson should help the passing game. And the 49ers will always have Frank Gore, the NFL rushing leader from last year, to fall back on. The 49ers are a team on the rise, and I can see good thngs for Alex Smith this year.

Seattle - Matt Hasselbeck = Hasselbeck is a solid quarterback, but he seems like he may be on the downside of his career. They have lost a few weapons, but still have Deion Branch and Shaun Alexander, but they are lacking other quality receivers and a tight end. Production may be down for the Seahawks and Hasselbeck this year, and I can see one of the other teams in the West taking the division.

St.Louis - Mark Bulger = Bulger is one of the most underrated QBs in the league. Bulger puts up solid numbers with two aging receivers in Holt and Bruce, and he also has a workhorse back in Steven Jackson. Bulger and the Rams could be in for a very nice season, as long as the receivers keep producing and Jackson stays healthy.

Here is how I rank the 16 NFC QB's:
1 - Drew Brees
2 - Donovan McNabb
3 - Brett Favre
4 - Mark Bulger
5 - Tony Romo
6 - Alex Smith
7 - Eli Manning
8 - Michael Vick
9 - Matt Hasselbeck
10 - Matt Leinart
11 - Jeff Garcia
12 - Jake Delhomme
13 - John Kitna
14 - Rex Grossman
15 - Jason Campbell
16 - Tarvaris Jackson

Thanks to Bone Krusher for the sig
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 09:26 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewing View Post
Drew Brees?
idk...i think Brees has to prove once more he can be the man. He got off to a bit of a slow start and for right now i kinda have him borderline. He's been really good true, but not like Manning, Palmer, Brady good..know what i mean

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 10:16 PM    (permalink
skinzzfan25
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 View Post
Here is how I rank the 16 NFC QB's:
1 - Drew Brees
2 - Donovan McNabb
3 - Brett Favre
4 - Mark Bulger
5 - Tony Romo
6 - Alex Smith
7 - Eli Manning
8 - Michael Vick
9 - Matt Hasselbeck
10 - Matt Leinart
11 - Jeff Garcia
12 - Jake Delhomme
13 - John Kitna
14 - Rex Grossman
15 - Jason Campbell
16 - Tarvaris Jackson
All homerism aside, how can you have Jason Campbell below Grossman, Kitna, Leinart, and Delhomme?

And what are Alex Smith and Eli doing to high?

Last edited by skinzzfan25 : 05-04-2007 at 10:22 PM.
skinzzfan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 10:24 PM    (permalink
skinzzfan25
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

My list of NFC QBs:

1 - Drew Brees
2 - Mark Bulger
3 - Donovan McNabb
4 - Matt Hasselbeck
5 - Brett Favre

Power Gap

6 - Tony Romo
7 - Eli Manning
8 - Michael Vick
9 - Jason Campbell
10 - Jeff Garcia
11 - Alex Smith
12 - Matt Leinart

Power Gap

13 - Jake Delhomme
14 - John Kitna
15 - Rex Grossman
16 - Tarvaris Jackson

Last edited by skinzzfan25 : 05-04-2007 at 10:37 PM.
skinzzfan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 10:25 PM    (permalink
Watchman
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinzzfan25 View Post
All homerism aside, how can you have Jason Campbell below Grossman, Kitna, Leinart, and Delhomme?

And what are Alex Smith and Eli doing to high?
If you are putting homerism aside you wouldn't have to ask that question.