Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 05-03-2007, 08:56 PM    (permalink
Bengals1690
Veteran

Bengals1690 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Bengals1690 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Best divisions in each conference

Crown the best in the AFC, NFC, and overall

AFC North
NFC East

AFC North overall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mythbusta View Post
i love my pedestal. thats why im the mythbusta.
who dey?
Bengals1690 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 09:02 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i agree on both counts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 09:10 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

AFC: North
NFC: South

Overall: AFC North
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 09:10 PM    (permalink
TwOne
Rookie

TwOne hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

NFC South > NFC East
AFC North

Angels Record: 6-8
TwOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 09:27 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think AFC West could challenge the North. It's between them 2 though.

And I'll say NFC East as the best there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 09:46 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

AFC West

NFC East=NFC South

If I had to choose, I'd give an edge to the South.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 09:48 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The NFC South could be the worst division in football next year. If the NFC North wasn't so bad I would call it, but I'm not sure the North is out of the doldrums just yet.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 09:51 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
The NFC South could be the worst division in football next year. If the NFC North wasn't so bad I would call it, but I'm not sure the North is out of the doldrums just yet.
Eh.

I think the Panthers will rebound and the Saints will still be an NFC Championship contender. I like the Bucs with Garcia and even though their defense may be another year older, I think they'll still be a tough unit. Falcons....ugh I still think they have the personnel to be a Super Bowl team. I picked them last year to make it....and I'm not so sure I can automatically label them a bad team yet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 09:52 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Broncos and Chargers
Chiefs
Raiders

v.

ravens and bengals and steelers
browns

interesting debate. I think the Chargers and Broncos are superior to everyone in the AFC Norris. I'm not worried about records last year. But I think Chiefs are equal maybe a step lower than the three in AFC Norris. browns and raiders similar levels.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 09:54 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Any team in the South could win 9-10 games, but any team could also win 4-5. (Saints probably have the highest floor just because of Brees' veteran leadership)

There just isn't a team I feel comfortably getting behind. At this point I'm leaning Falcons because I think Petrino can come in with some gimmicky stuff and take the division by suprise, same way Payton did last year.

It was a great season for the Saints last year, but I think what gets lost in the shuffle is how awful the rest of the division was.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 10:25 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You know, I just thought of something. I hope Im wrong.

But with all the blitzing thats gonna happen in the NFC East....that means more collisons. More collisons means more injuries.....

Depth could be a factor for us. *thinks*
Old 05-03-2007, 10:35 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the NFC South has this hands down.

As for the AFC, I'm having a hard time picking between the North and West. A huge amount depends on how much of a step back Kansas City takes and how much of a step forwards teams like Oakland and Cleveland take. I'll go with the North for the time being, but it's close.
Old 05-03-2007, 10:37 PM    (permalink
portermvp84
Pro Bowler

portermvp84 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

AFC East
NFC South

Thanks to jackalope
portermvp84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 10:38 PM    (permalink
portermvp84
Pro Bowler

portermvp84 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

My bad I ment AFC West.

Thanks to jackalope
portermvp84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 11:08 PM    (permalink
zoinks
Rookie

zoinks hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

A fairly meaningless yet rather interesting fact:

If you took each division and combined the records of every team in the division, every AFC division finished with a combined record above .500.

By way of comparison, not one NFC division finished the season with a winning record.

AFC East (35-29, .546)
AFC South & AFC West (34-30, .531)
AFC North(33-31, .515)

NFC East (32-32, .500)
NFC North(30-34, .468)
NFC West & NFC South (29-35, .453)
zoinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 03:46 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

**** the NFC East. Overrated nonsense.

NFC South >>>>>>> NFC East

No question.

2006 NFCCG - Saints vs Bears
2005 NFCCG - Panthers vs Seahawks
2004 NFCCG - Falcons vs Eagles
2003 NFCCG - Panthers vs Eagles
2002 NFCCG - Buccaneers vs Eagles

Notice a trend?

Shiver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 03:58 AM    (permalink
TheChampIsHere
Veteran

TheChampIsHere hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

AFC North and NFC South....The Giants and Skins are hurting and I got questions about Romo and the Cowboys. I think ATL and CAR are in for rebound years and the Saints should be strong again.
TheChampIsHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 07:28 AM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not sure if the NFC east is the best, but I believe we will be the most competitive, as we are every year. But this year there isn't really a clear cut winner. And each team has it's question about it's QB. Is Romo foreal? Is Mcnabb going to be the same? Is Eli going to play on the same level for all 4 quaters? Can Campbell start winning after some experience now? But as I posted before, each and every team is loaded with talent on both sides of the ball. So the best, possibly, but the most competitive for sure.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 07:54 AM    (permalink
simms2clayton

AFC South
NFC South
Old 05-04-2007, 07:58 AM    (permalink
simms2clayton

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
How? Atlanta is always talented and they got Joe Horn. Carolina had a great draft and is my pick to win the division. They do much better when everyone isn't talking about them. Tampa revamped their defense by signing Cato June and Kevin Carter and totally improved their OL by drafting a week 1 LG in Aaron Sears and move Buenning to C, and we all know how good New Orleans can be.

This is the most wide open division by far in the NFC because each team has the talent to win the South.
Old 05-04-2007, 08:27 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

NFC south
AFC north
Old 05-04-2007, 08:56 AM    (permalink
constant cough
Rookie

constant cough hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

AFC West
NFC South

Since it's conception the NFC South has never had a team repeat as divison champs. Now that's competitive.
constant cough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 09:20 AM    (permalink
Beans
DC GFX Team
All-Pro

Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll say the NFC South for homerism's sake and also because it is the best conference, but I think the NFC West could suprise this year.

bonekrusher on the sig magic
Quote:
<beans> libid dont worry man i think fondling big black men is a perfectly worthy career goal
<JBond> laughing so hard I am crying
Beans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 11:00 AM    (permalink
myinnerself
Rookie

myinnerself hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

The AFC West is an EXTREMELY tough division, and the last two years they have come really close to having 3 teams in the playoffs. The Raiders are getting better and the Cheifs are getting worse, and this is an extremely competitive division. Also, are there four tougher places to play than Arrowhead, Oakland, Denver, and San Diego? I know you guys will say San Diego isn't that tough, but that's BS, it gets LOUD and if you watch Sunday or Monday night football games hosted in SD it's insane.
myinnerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 11:15 AM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
i'm amazed that people think the afc north is that good. did the bengals really improve that much in the offseason? did pittsburgh? i don't think you could've made the argument they were the best division last year and i don't think you'll be able to make it after this season.
Well... The Bengals do get their star QB (who had a down year) an entire offseason to actually work on his game rather than his knee. We get arguably our 3rd best player back in Levi Jones. Can you actually argue that the Bengals season could have gone any worse last year? Our Oline gets destroyed with injuries, our star defender gets suspended, we have one of the worst starting CB's in the league (Tory James), a botched snap, a missed FG that would've put us in the playoffs then we had one of if not THE hardest schedule.

The Ravens I think are bound to take a step back. Last year they were lucky to avoid big time injuries and this year their two additional games are @SD and IND.

The Steelers IMO are a wildcard, I honestly don't know what to expect out of them this year.

The AFC West is more top heavy, Denver and SD are more complete than Baltimore and Cincinnati. I think the North is more complete as a division top to bottom but I can easily take the argument that the West is the better of the two.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote