Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 05-05-2007, 03:49 PM    (permalink
Yung Flippa
Veteran

Yung Flippa hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Yung Flippa hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Biggest Improvement

Which team do you think will have the biggest improvment from last year?

Baltimore: 7-4
Yung Flippa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 03:53 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Atlanta has a shot, but I really don't know.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 03:59 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Raiders IMO, they had a decent draft, the line SHOULD be better, they aren't going to make huge strides, but they are heading the right way.

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 04:00 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

zona finally SHOULD start getting around better.
whether or not it's because the cards will perpetually get stuck in mediocrity

detroit might actually gain four wins this year over last year. i mean, it's not horrible, just very young, minus the kitna-nator. SF will make 8-8 this year for sure, if not be a serious contender for a play off spot.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 04:00 PM    (permalink
AdrianWilson12
Veteran

AdrianWilson12 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

San Francisco seem to be the trendy choice. The can certainly win their division. Nolan has transformed that team from near talentless, to good on paper in just 3 years. I really like their depth and think as a young team they'll really progress this year.

I also think Atlanta and Cleveland will be a fair bit better, although that might not reflect in their record. They are both in very tough divisions IMO. I think Petrino will do excellent for Atlanta, especially offensively.

I think Houston might be quite improved, although that is just a hunch. I could see their defense being dominant this year, against the run for sure. Their offense is lacking in talent though, minus Johnson.
#1--Russell I can't be too disappointed in this pick because he is, realistically, a huge upgrade (in the same way that the Great Wall of China would be a huge upgrade over the fence in my backyard) over Andrew Walter.
AdrianWilson12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 04:22 PM    (permalink
JCshutEmDown
Rookie

JCshutEmDown hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Browns and Bucs
JCshutEmDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 04:27 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Detroit will surprise people. I am a Rod Marinelli believer.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 04:30 PM    (permalink
Philliez01
All-Pro

Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Detroit as well, but my pick is going to be the Arizona Cardinals. The Niners are the talk of the town in that division, and much deserved, but I really think Leinart and the addition of Grimm, Whiz and Brown; I really think this is the team that can challenge Seattle.

Also, there DL could be something to watch providing Berry comes back healthy (for once) and the combo of Watson / Branch could be devastating.

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece
Philliez01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 05:09 PM    (permalink
HawkeyeFan
Rookie

HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

49ers, Rams, Browns, Bucs, Panthers
Old 05-05-2007, 05:19 PM    (permalink
Ewing
Pro Bowler

Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.

Either the Browns or the Bucs.
Ewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 05:27 PM    (permalink
Achilles33
Veteran

Achilles33 smells like sex panther.Achilles33 smells like sex panther.Achilles33 smells like sex panther.

The Browns are the Arizona of this year. They will get all this pre-season hype, and then suck, just like Arizona last year.
Achilles33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 05:28 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Raiders. Offence will improve alot and the defence will still be top 5-10. i think 7-9 or 8-8 is a big possibility

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Carr to Cooper in 2015

RaiderNation is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 05:29 PM    (permalink
49erfaithful
Veteran

49erfaithful hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

SF, we have made great improvments on our D, espically in our secondary, and our WR's are solid and reliable
49erfaithful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 05:40 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If you're just talking about in terms of wins and losses (since that's all that counts) then I'll say Raiders or Lions. The Raiders could win 7 games, or the Lions could win 8 games next year and make a 5 game improvement. If you're looking at a team like the Niners, they would have to go 12-4 or the Panthers would have to go 13-3 to do the same.

Basically what I'm saying is that the team that makes the biggest improvement will be a team that won 6 games or less last year. The less games you've won, the easier it is to improve your record.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 05:43 PM    (permalink
Phrost

The Bucs will have another inflated Win amount and possibly make playoffs, because of a WCO veteran QB.
Old 05-05-2007, 07:03 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrost View Post
The Bucs will have another inflated Win amount and possibly make playoffs, because of a WCO veteran QB.
I really don't think Garcia will be able to inflate the Buccaneer's win/loss ratio on his own. If the Buccaneers have more wins this season it will be due to a combination of increased offensive line play, more yards from Caddy, stopping the run on defense and making plays in the backfield.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 07:39 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the steelers will be better than last year =)
Old 05-05-2007, 07:46 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bucs should be better... Raiders can't be worse, so they'll improve... I think Detroit (homer!!!) will be better, not great, maybe not even very good, but better. Maybe if Arizona gets it's act together on O-Line they'll improve.

Vikes should be better, Carolina should definately get back to the playoffs.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 07:51 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would say the Cards but I said them the last few years and then they let me done that being said NE is tough on paper.
Old 05-05-2007, 07:56 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree with the 49er pick. I've been high on them ever since they hired Nolan. It's only a matter of time before they make a deep run into the playoffs. Every move they've made recently I've found myself nodding my head and thinking to myself how much I love what they're doing. I see them and the Cardinals replacing the Seahawks and Rams as the two teams who will duke it out for the division title each year. Although nothing lasts for very long in this league anymore. But you guys get what I mean. There is a power shift occurring right now out west. imo.
Old 05-05-2007, 08:02 PM    (permalink
Kurve
Veteran

Kurve hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Kurve hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Raiders will as long as the offense plays better.....because i truely beleive last year if there offense was medicore at best we could of won 7 or 8 games because the defense kept us in many games we should of been blown out in.
Kurve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 08:24 PM    (permalink
kalbears13
Pro Bowler

Location: The difference between a child's toy and an adult toy
kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope the Cardinals do well and I think they will do well because they haven't been to a Super Bowl before. I, as a Browns fan, feel their pain. They've definitely are on their way to the playoffs very soon. As will the 49ers.
Old 05-05-2007, 08:47 PM    (permalink
drmoyer421
Rookie

drmoyer421 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Bills -

I know most have written them off because of getting rid of thier veterans. But Levy did that last year and with the release of Milloy, Moulds, Posey, Adams, and Vincent.. and everyone had them pegged for the first pick of this years draft and they ended up in the playoff hunt till the last game.

They have the SAME offensive system, with Losman who has been improving and finally with the same coaching staff as stability. They increased thier offensive line with the aquisistion of Dockery. And replaced the loss of McGahee with the tandum of Lynch, Atrain, and Dwayne Wright.

Spikes was never really a factor in last years games, and Ellison stepped in and played extremely well in his place when he was injured finishing with close to 70 tackles in only starting 6 games and playing in 14.

Crowell is a 100+ tackler when healthy and is VERY underrated having to play behind Spikes and Posey when he was young.

And Poslusney will come in and make an immediate impact at MLB.

The only weakness is with the loss of Clements, but with the Cover 2 you can hide your CBs with a strong Dline rush and excellent saftey help. Schobel and Kelsay continue to improve and excell in this system at the defensive end posistion. McCargo will come off of his year injury and help, and they aquired Darwin Walker from the Eagles who had 6 sacks last year at DT.
drmoyer421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 08:49 PM    (permalink
portermvp84
Pro Bowler

portermvp84 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

The Raiders and the 49ers. Both the teams had a good offseason, the 49ers dominated free agency. The Raiders dominated the draft. I think that the 49ers could have a chance to win their divison and make it into the playoffs. The Raiders I could easily see going 8-8 or 7-9. It just all depends how their line does.

Thanks to jackalope
portermvp84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 08:59 PM    (permalink
JT Jag
Pro Bowler

JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Though it likely won't be the biggest improvement, I could easially see the Jaguars going 12-4.
JT Jag is offline   Reply With Quote