Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Chicago Bears Team Forum

Chicago Bears Team Forum Discuss Ditka and Da Bears

Old 11-11-2006, 12:41 PM    (permalink
Hurricane Ditka
Team Leader
All-Pro

Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RexGrossmans-cheesecake
This is a 'lil random but....

OMGWTFIMGONNAKILLSOMEONEWTFWTFMATE!
Is that Nathan Vasher?

sig by VLS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey Joe View Post
I don't care...
Hurricane Ditka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 01:07 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey Joe
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston
Quote:
Quote:

Hasn't changed one bit.
Wow. Why was Urlacher the first player that came to mind?
Huh? :?
Another HI-larious packers joke!
Do you get it? Anyway, he has no room to take shots right now. We whooped the **** out of them at Lambeau and we lead the division (plus we won the division last year and swept them).

Packer fans...Oh what would us Bear fans do if we couldn't make fun of the cheeseheads?

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 01:43 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cavs > Bulls

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 02:07 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51
Cavs > Bulls
White Sox > Indians

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Smokey Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 02:08 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Hasn't changed one bit.
Do you get it? Anyway, he has no room to take shots right now. We whooped the *********** out of them at Lambeau and we lead the division (plus we won the division last year and swept them).

Packer fans...Oh what would us Bear fans do if we couldn't make fun of the cheeseheads?
I was being sarcastic. I have no idea what the hell he is talking about :D

Old 11-11-2006, 02:19 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Cavs > Bulls
White Sox > Indians
Only on account of villiany. That and your payroll is about twice the size of ours. Assholes.

I think we're built for the long-haul better though. Then again, Indians fans have been saying that for the last 5-6 years.

Old 11-11-2006, 04:19 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bearsfan_51, I challenge you to a bet. I say the loser of the bet must wear the other's Sig for the rest of the week up to next Sunday. If the Bears win, I wear your sig for a week, if the Giants win, you wear my sig. Deal?

Or if thats too much, if I win you must put the infamous "86 Giants > 85 Bears" in your sig for a month, if the Bears win I must put "85 Bears > 86 Giants" for a month. If youre down for either of these, let me know. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Im bored and need more motivation to go nuts on Sunday...
Old 11-11-2006, 04:24 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Hmm...an old school duel eh? Personally I don't think the Bears will win, but that's never stopped me before. I don't want to switch sigs simply because I like my sig so much.

How about the loser has to put a picture of the opposing QB as their avatar and their location has to say "_______(said QB), please have my babies".

Old 11-11-2006, 04:32 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Hmm...an old school duel eh? Personally I don't think the Bears will win, but that's never stopped me before. I don't want to switch sigs simply because I like my sig so much.

How about the loser has to put a picture of the opposing QB as their avatar and their location has to say "_______(said QB), please have my babies".
Ok, Im down with that. Haha, your idea is funnier, so let's do that one.
Old 11-11-2006, 04:33 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Shoot, you think we'll win? I think the Bears got this.

Between our defense being a spokesgroup for Band-Aid, and Plaxico calling out the Bears defense, and the only WR on our team with hands going down for the season, it looks like the odds are in your favor.
Old 11-11-2006, 05:06 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense

Between our defense being a spokesgroup for Band-Aid, and Plaxico calling out the Bears defense, and the only WR on our team with hands going down for the season, it looks like the odds are in your favor.
To be honest with you, I don't think the injuries to the Giants defense are as big of a deal as others do because I don't think the Giants have a very good defense anyway. It's pourous against the run when facing good teams and really only has about 3 players of worth (although clearly losing 2 of those 3 will have some impact). While Strahan and Osi obviously would have put more pressure on Grossman, I think we would have been able to run either way.

The biggest key comes on defense. Our Ends will either win this game for us or lose it for us. They need to contain the outside rushing of Tiki Barber and generate consistant pressure on Eli. We need at least 4 sacks in this game to win. I think we can do that, but after watching Ronnie Brown tear us apart I'm not as confident as I normally would be. As much as I think Mike Brown is overated, the rushing defense has not been the same without him.

Old 11-11-2006, 05:41 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Quote:

To be honest with you, I don't think the injuries to the Giants defense are as big of a deal as others do because I don't think the Giants have a very good defense anyway. It's pourous against the run when facing good teams and really only has about 3 players of worth (although clearly losing 2 of those 3 will have some impact). While Strahan and Osi obviously would have put more pressure on Grossman, I think we would have been able to run either way.

The biggest key comes on defense. Our Ends will either win this game for us or lose it for us. They need to contain the outside rushing of Tiki Barber and generate consistant pressure on Eli. We need at least 4 sacks in this game to win. I think we can do that, but after watching Ronnie Brown tear us apart I'm not as confident as I normally would be. As much as I think Mike Brown is overated, the rushing defense has not been the same without him.
Actually, before all these injuries the defense was playing at a high level. And we've been very good against the run all season, the stats don't necessarily prove it but I'll explain that later. Our weakness was against the pass, and Im sure youve heard about our disdain for Tim Lewis and his prevent style defense and zones. Thats why teams scored so easily on us in the first 4 or so games. Then they padded their rushing stats in the second half, thus showing us to be an average rush defense, when in fact our rush defense is very good.

After we started blitzing and using more man coverages, our defense played well. Im not saying its elite by any standards, but we are a very good run stopping defense and good enough against the pass when healthy. Now our ability in both is dramatically hurt. Stray and Osi are very very good run stuffing DEs, and running to the outside was very difficult because of them. Running up the gut was pretty much shut down by Pierce. Now with Osi and Stray out, running to the outside is doable against us.

And you guys will shut Tiki down. Your D was built to stop slasher/skatbacks. Its Jacobs who will present you guys trouble. Im actually hoping the Giants start Jacobs over Barber and just pound the Bears to submission, but I doubt that will happen. Whoever turns the ball over less wins this one.
Old 11-11-2006, 06:36 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Hasn't changed one bit.
Do you get it? Anyway, he has no room to take shots right now. We whooped the *********** out of them at Lambeau and we lead the division (plus we won the division last year and swept them).

It wasn't meant to be a joke. When i first looked at that picture, Urlacher was the first player to come to mind.
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 07:48 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Hasn't changed one bit.

It wasn't meant to be a joke. When i first looked at that picture, Urlacher was the first player to come to mind.
too much cheese in the head maybe?

Old 11-12-2006, 01:50 AM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

I can actually see the Bears getting 3 extra first day/middle picks for the draft. If they decide to Franchise Briggs and trade, that could get a 2nd round pick at least. Plus I don't see Thomas Jones returning, and could be traded to a team like the Jets for a 3rd, IMO. And we do kinda have a log jam at QB with Grossman, Giese, and Orton. If Grossman continues to have a fine season, and just cuts down on the mistakes, I see the Bears locking him up long term in the offseason, and this would mean Griese would probably want to go somewhere else to earn a spot to start. Plus, Orton is our Backup QB of the future, I guess you can say. And I could see Griese being traded to team like Bucs for a 4th rounder.

Thoughts?

Old 11-12-2006, 01:59 AM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I can actually see the Bears getting 3 extra first day/middle picks for the draft. If they decide to Franchise Briggs and trade, that could get a 2nd round pick at least. Plus I don't see Thomas Jones returning, and could be traded to a team like the Jets for a 3rd, IMO. And we do kinda have a log jam at QB with Grossman, Giese, and Orton. If Grossman continues to have a fine season, and just cuts down on the mistakes, I see the Bears locking him up long term in the offseason, and this would mean Griese would probably want to go somewhere else to earn a spot to start. Plus, Orton is our Backup QB of the future, I guess you can say. And I could see Griese being traded to team like Bucs for a 4th rounder.

Thoughts?
I think if we got a Mid 2nd rounder for Briggs, and an early 3rd rounder for Jones that I would pee my pants. Except that I dont want Briggs to go

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma View Post
who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?
bearfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 12:01 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearfan54
Quote:

Thoughts?
I think if we got a Mid 2nd rounder for Briggs, and an early 3rd rounder for Jones that I would pee my pants. Except that I dont want Briggs to go
Briggs is as good as gone, IMO. Save the money, and lock up more important players such as Vasher, Tillman, Tommie Harris, Grossman(?), etc.

Old 11-12-2006, 12:01 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Quote:
Quote:

Thoughts?
oh yeah, btw, I love your new sig :twisted:

Old 11-12-2006, 12:18 PM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thoughts?
oh yeah, btw, I love your new sig :twisted:
:twisted:

Quote:
Old 11-12-2006, 01:13 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Actually, before all these injuries the defense was playing at a high level. And we've been very good against the run all season, the stats don't necessarily prove it but I'll explain that later. Our weakness was against the pass, and Im sure youve heard about our disdain for Tim Lewis and his prevent style defense and zones. Thats why teams scored so easily on us in the first 4 or so games. Then they padded their rushing stats in the second half, thus showing us to be an average rush defense, when in fact our rush defense is very good.

After we started blitzing and using more man coverages, our defense played well. Im not saying its elite by any standards, but we are a very good run stopping defense and good enough against the pass when healthy. Now our ability in both is dramatically hurt. Stray and Osi are very very good run stuffing DEs, and running to the outside was very difficult because of them. Running up the gut was pretty much shut down by Pierce. Now with Osi and Stray out, running to the outside is doable against us.

And you guys will shut Tiki down. Your D was built to stop slasher/skatbacks. Its Jacobs who will present you guys trouble. Im actually hoping the Giants start Jacobs over Barber and just pound the Bears to submission, but I doubt that will happen. Whoever turns the ball over less wins this one.
That's the stereotype against the cover 2 defense, but it doesn't really apply. We're small along the d-line but we have big linebackers that can stand the "bruising" running backs. The only exception has been Jerome Bettis, and Brandon Jacobs is not Jerome Bettis. I'm not sweating him at all.

Old 11-12-2006, 01:47 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Is it true Jacobs called out Urlacher? I kind pity Jacobs if he did... nah! He deserves whatever pain is comming his way.

Old 11-12-2006, 03:23 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

There are a lot of stupid players on the Giants, this is a well established fact. Hanging out with Shockey and Plax can do nothing but have a drastic effect on your intellect.

Old 11-12-2006, 03:31 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
There are a lot of stupid players on the Giants, this is a well established fact. Hanging out with Shockey and Plax can do nothing but have a drastic effect on your intellect.
I just don't understand how guys just can't keep their mouths shut. Just play the game. There is no sense in getting the other team fired up by putting out bulletin board material.

Just shut up and play. Let you're talk be decided by the scoreboard.

Quote:
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
Old 11-12-2006, 03:36 PM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

Quote:
Quote:
I just don't understand how guys just can't keep their mouths shut. Just play the game. There is no sense in getting the other team fired up by putting out bulletin board material.

Besides for Taylor, whenever someone has called us out we have won. I dont see it as a bad thing since it fires up the team

Quote:
Old 11-12-2006, 03:40 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Besides for Taylor, whenever someone has called us out we have won. I dont see it as a bad thing since it fires up the team
Well if it takes the other team firing us up to win a game, then I pity our team. That's pathetic. We should already be fired up for the games.

Quote: