Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum

Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum Discuss the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Old 11-09-2006, 05:08 AM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Pittsburgh Steelers Discussion

Talk up dem Stillers....
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 05:14 AM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

2 Recent Changes.

Santonio Holmes moves up the Depth Chart to #2..

Ike Taylor goes from #1 Cb... to Dimeback.. Obviously Cowher has lost his mind.

He benches Ike Taylor... When kendall Simmons, Max Starks and Joey Porter all need benched.
Old 11-09-2006, 08:37 AM    (permalink
skarocksoi
Veteran

skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I fell in love with ike last year, but this year he hasnt played well at all this year, and has mostly been outplayed by Deshea. Ike is a pretty competetive guy though, so I'm guessing this is a temporary thing to motivate Ike to step up his game back to where it was last year. Hopefully it will send a message to the rest of the guys who aren't doing well that they can and will get benched too if they dont start producing.

I think moving Santonio up isnt that bad. He's shown to be pretty explosive when given the chance, and he doesn't try to hold out the ball and score a touchdown from the 5 and fumble it like cedric wilson did. Maybe this will give us a little spark on offense that we are severely lacking.
skarocksoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 09:26 AM    (permalink
steel man
DC GFX Team
Veteran

steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

does this mean Washington is the 3rd WR or Wilson?

Matthew 19:26
Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but With God ALL things are possible
steel man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 09:45 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Holmes moving up to #2 is a great thing. He has way more talent than either Wilson or Washington. He's mlooked pretty good when on the field lined up at reciever. Hopefully he'll be able to be a good deep threat to try and open up the run game a little bit more.

I don't like Ike being benched. Sure he hasn't played as good this year as he did last year but he isn't playing that bad. Plus McFadden hasn't looked any better.

I can't believe they are still letting Simmons play. Kemoeatu looked better than him. Starks needs benched as well but we don't have anyone to put in over him so I guess we'll have to deal.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 10:08 AM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Did Cowher really expect that he could cover Javon Walker one on one with no saftey help? This seems to me to be more of a statement than an actual benching as you need 2 corners on most NFL downs. Mcfadden has played well any time he has been on the field but to place him and Townsend as the as the two starters is ********. As Townsend has been burned worse than any one this year. Plus they gave Ike a four year contract extension, that proved they had faith in him, now after a sub par stretch all the faith is gone what gives? Ike is really solid and he has shut down players like Marvin Harrison and Chad Johnson in the past. Hell he had an INT in the super bowl abd the AFC championship he should be givin time to play threw this ruff patch.

Thank you Lebron James, you are truly a King Among Men.

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

I remember Marshawn Lynch
DeathbyStat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 12:51 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't like benching Ike but they had to do something. They gave up 2 TD's on 3rd and 10. The run defense did their job and it seemed any time Plummer threw the ball our corners were out of position.

I don't think switching Ike out is going to do anything but they almost had to do something after how bad the corners played last week. Personally I would have dropped Townsend to nickleback.

Old 11-09-2006, 01:10 PM    (permalink
Sgt Pepper
Rookie

Sgt Pepper hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Very good idea to have Santonio Holmes starting opposite Hines Ward. Even after not getting many opportunities early in the year Holmes has put up pretty good numbers for the season midpoint. If he doubles those stats it would be a good year for a rookie WR. I think he will do better.

Very bad idea to drop Ike Taylor from a starting role. He had an awful game last week but actually has not had a bad year. He has played well this year against every teams number one reciever. Taylor would be having a pro-bowl type season if he could only catch the ball.

Superbowl XLIII Champions
Sgt Pepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 01:27 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

I don't disagree with the Bumping up of Holmes.

Ike Taylor has atleast put effort in.

Which is why i'm upset we basically bench him, and not Simmons and Starks or Porter who have been Jokes this year.

Porter is playing rediculously bad football. More mouth, less production.

Simmons gets thrown around like a ragdoll, clearly every game the Keomeatu has played in he's outplayed Simmons.

As for Starks, Put Colon in, He's more stout, and more athletic, and Fine Starks every game he shows up to for being overweight.

I'm tired of the pussyfooting around.
Old 11-09-2006, 02:42 PM    (permalink
CDub
Veteran

CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stiller
2 Recent Changes.

He benches Ike Taylor... When kendall Simmons, Max Starks and Joey Porter all need benched.

Moving Santonio up is probably the best of these recent changes. Consider this:
Even though Holmes has only lined up in place of Wilson on every 3rd series, he has more catches and more yards, with only 1/3 of the chances. (I wish we could go back and read former posts to find out who was right as to when he would be moved into the starting lineup, but.....)

Ike's demotion, after listenening a few more times to Cowher's comments, seems to be very temporary and it seems as though Cowher left the door open for Ike to move back into the starting lineup with a solid week of practices. And even if Ike doesn't "start" this week, I get the feeling that he will be put in sooner rather than later during the game.

What really worries me is the fact that Cowher was defending Max Stark's play last week saying that, aside from letting up one sack, he thought Max played a good game. :shock: Now I'm not priveledged to the coaching film, but from what I saw on TV, he played no better than the week before when Burgess ran past him, and this time it was a rookie in Elvis Dumerville.

What's worse is that Cowher said he hought the line as a whole played a pretty good game. Did he not see Ben running for his life?!?!! The only one I thought actually played well was Okobi, and when he's playing the best on our O-line, we've got some issues.

Another thing that worries me is the teams responses to Willie's comments. The national media twisted it a little to make it seem like he wasn't going out and giving it his all cause he felt that noone else was. In reallity, all he said was that he feels like the hunger isn't the same as it was last year and that guys were like what's the use of going out and selling out cause they have become complacent. What worries me is when Hines says that "I can't speak for the rest of the guys" and when Faneca says that "maybe the hunger is a little different" Those two quotes lead me to believe that the team unity is gone and that they really have become complacent. Last year Hines wouldn't have said that, he would have said something more along the lines of "I can tell you that every man in this locker room is going to give their all on every down", or "there's no quit in thisw team". Last year Faneca would have said something more like "The hunger is definitly there" or "We're even hungrier now than before". I think those comments tell a lot about where this team is and where they're headed.
CDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 04:06 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

I said he'd be the starter after the bye week when we drafted him.

Old 11-09-2006, 04:09 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Anyone else hear Porter has gaurenteed a win this week? I don't think we are in a position to be promising wins after our 2nd 3 game losing streak of the year.

Old 11-09-2006, 04:19 PM    (permalink
Sgt Pepper
Rookie

Sgt Pepper hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I don't think anyone should promise a win but I will say the Steelers are a much better team than they have been playing like. They're not gettin beat because they are not the better team; they are getting beat because of careless play. The Steelers are a much better team than the Saints regardless of their respective records. I think the Steelers will win decisivly.

Superbowl XLIII Champions
Sgt Pepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 04:38 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDub
Quote:
2 Recent Changes.

Moving Santonio up is probably the best of these recent changes. Consider this:
Even though Holmes has only lined up in place of Wilson on every 3rd series, he has more catches and more yards, with only 1/3 of the chances. (I wish we could go back and read former posts to find out who was right as to when he would be moved into the starting lineup, but.....)

Ike's demotion, after listenening a few more times to Cowher's comments, seems to be very temporary and it seems as though Cowher left the door open for Ike to move back into the starting lineup with a solid week of practices. And even if Ike doesn't "start" this week, I get the feeling that he will be put in sooner rather than later during the game.

What really worries me is the fact that Cowher was defending Max Stark's play last week saying that, aside from letting up one sack, he thought Max played a good game. :shock: Now I'm not priveledged to the coaching film, but from what I saw on TV, he played no better than the week before when Burgess ran past him, and this time it was a rookie in Elvis Dumerville.

What's worse is that Cowher said he hought the line as a whole played a pretty good game. Did he not see Ben running for his life?!?!! The only one I thought actually played well was Okobi, and when he's playing the best on our O-line, we've got some issues.

Another thing that worries me is the teams responses to Willie's comments. The national media twisted it a little to make it seem like he wasn't going out and giving it his all cause he felt that noone else was. In reallity, all he said was that he feels like the hunger isn't the same as it was last year and that guys were like what's the use of going out and selling out cause they have become complacent. What worries me is when Hines says that "I can't speak for the rest of the guys" and when Faneca says that "maybe the hunger is a little different" Those two quotes lead me to believe that the team unity is gone and that they really have become complacent. Last year Hines wouldn't have said that, he would have said something more along the lines of "I can tell you that every man in this locker room is going to give their all on every down", or "there's no quit in thisw team". Last year Faneca would have said something more like "The hunger is definitly there" or "We're even hungrier now than before". I think those comments tell a lot about where this team is and where they're headed.
Holmes to #2 is a great move.. Ced is a natural 3 and Holmes is a big play waiting to happen. he seems to have trouble at Heinz field with footing (who doesn't).

I'm worried more about Cowher defending the Oline during poor play and not having a problem benching Ike after he's basically had no support.
Old 11-12-2006, 11:02 AM    (permalink
THav916
Veteran

THav916 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Ike has not played well. Townsend hasn't either. But here's my take on it. Taylor should and could be amazing. He needs woken up. Townsend on the other hand, just isn't good. He's shorter, older, slower, and just does a formidable job. Benching him would be fine with me, but wouldn't motivate him to play any better. He's just doing what he can. However, this could be a wake up call for Ike, showing he needs to get his act together, start playing up to his potential, and be our #1 cb. Who knows if this had anything to do with it, but I'm hoping Ike gets a wake up call, and I think eventually Ike and McFadden will be our 2 cb's and Townsend will be the nickel guy.
THav916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 03:53 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal
Anyone else hear Porter has gaurenteed a win this week? I don't think we are in a position to be promising wins after our 2nd 3 game losing streak of the year.
I think it's going to be a tough game. It's going to be hard for me to pull for either team since both are my favorites.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 04:54 PM    (permalink
CDub
Veteran

CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ike gets beat for another one.
Old 11-12-2006, 06:08 PM    (permalink
CDub
Veteran

Halftime.

What do you do if your Dick Lebeau?
Troy and Deshea are out, your front seven are not getting pressure on Brees and therefore you cannot run zone schemes 'cause Brees has time to pick them apart, your DBs are not big or fast enough to match up man to man, and the Saints are finding holes in what is supposed to be your specialty - stopping the run.

Tough situation.
Old 11-12-2006, 07:32 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great game. I'm a Steerlers fan so it's hard for me to say great game because I'm glad they won but the Steelers hit harder and played better than the Saints. Congrats to you Steelers fans who are Steelers fans before other teams (like me, Saints fan above Steelers fan but Steelers are my favorite when they aren't playing the Saints).

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 07:41 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by THav916
Ike has not played well. Townsend hasn't either. But here's my take on it. Taylor should and could be amazing. He needs woken up. Townsend on the other hand, just isn't good. He's shorter, older, slower, and just does a formidable job. Benching him would be fine with me, but wouldn't motivate him to play any better. He's just doing what he can. However, this could be a wake up call for Ike, showing he needs to get his act together, start playing up to his potential, and be our #1 cb. Who knows if this had anything to do with it, but I'm hoping Ike gets a wake up call, and I think eventually Ike and McFadden will be our 2 cb's and Townsend will be the nickel guy.
I think adding Revis who's a young and has more intangibles for Townsend would be perfect.
Old 11-12-2006, 09:21 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

For all of the games we lost due to turnovers its about time we win won because of them.

Old 11-12-2006, 09:22 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by THav916
I think adding Revis who's a young and has more intangibles for Townsend would be perfect.
Revis will be drafted to a team that needs a #1 corner. With Ike and McFadden on the roster we won't take a corner in the first round where Revis will likrly go.

Old 11-12-2006, 09:23 PM    (permalink
skarocksoi
Veteran

skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have to agree that a cornerback seems to be becoming more of a need in this upcoming draft, and we'll probably be in a decent position to take on.

What does everyone think of Ike Taylor? He played much better last year, so was he overachieving then, or underachieving this year?
skarocksoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 10:18 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Ike isn't as bad as he is playing now but he isn't as good as he played in the playoffs last year.

With that said, first round corner is not a need. We have Ike, McFadden, Ricardo and Townsend under contract for next year. There is no need to add a first rounder to that group. After next season Townsend will liekly either be cut or retire and Ricardo will be let go so a corner could be a need then but as for this draft it looks like a second day need to me.

Revis is a great corner and he would be great in Pittsburgh but I don't see any way we look past the holes forming along the O-line and at LB to take a corner that would probably be nothing more than the dime back on opening day.

Old 11-12-2006, 10:37 PM    (permalink
THav916
Veteran

THav916 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Yea agreed, if we had about 4 first round picks, Revis would be great. And I do think we'll be in a position to take the best available at a few different positions (OL,ILB, OLB), i just dont see CB being one of them. If a cb is BY FAR the best player out there, then i'm all for it. I just dont see any situation where that would be the case. We're gonna be able to choose from some good talent.
THav916 is offline   Reply With Quote