Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum

Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum Discuss the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Old 11-16-2006, 07:47 AM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule
I think Kolb and Smith will go higher than round 5 and I think Round 2 might be a little too early to take David Harris.

We do need a LB in the second round, though. Maybe someone like H.B. Blades or a good pass rushing OLB.
Nah, HB Blades is really WAY overrated. I'd really rather have Clint Session if I had to take a Pitt LB.

I think Pittsburgh Relies on taking later LBs.

3rd/4th/5th are their LB Time..

Porter was a 3rd... Haggans was a 5th.

From 1982:

First Rounders:

QB: 1

Ben Roethlisberger(04)

RB: 2

Walter Abercrombie(82)
Tim Worley(89)

WR: 5

Louis Lipps(84)
Charles Johnson (94)
Troy Edwards (99) Ugh
Plaxico Burress (00)
Santonio Holmes (06)

TE: 3

Eric Green (90)
Mark Bruener(95)
Heath Miller (05)

OL: 6

John Rienstra (86)
Tom Ricketts (89)
Leon Searcy (92)
Jermaine Stephens (96)
Alan Faneca (98)
Kendall Simmons (02)

DL: 4

Gabriel Rivera (83)
Darryl Sims (85)
Aaron Jones (88)
Casey Hampton (01)

LB: 1
Huey Richardson(91)

CB:2

Deon Figures(93)
Chad Scott(97)

S: 2

Rod Woodson (87)
Troy Polamalu(03)

as for LB:

Some of our best:

Greg Lloyd: 6th rounder 1987
Hardy Nickerson: 5th Rounder 1987
Levon Kirkland: 2nd rounder 1992
Chad Brown: 2nd rounder 1993
Jason Gildon: 3rd rounder 1994
Earl Holmes: 4th rounder 1996
Mike Vrabel: 3rd rounder 1997
Joey Porter: 3rd rounder 1999
Clark Haggans: 5th rounder 2000
Kendrell Bell: 2nd rounder 2001
Larry Foote: 4th Rounder 2002

Thats a pretty solid group.. Not 1 of those guys were taken rd 1. I could See Harris being a monster inside, and I think he'll be in demand come combine time. He's already at pro size 6'2 250lbs and he's got great agility and sideline to sideline speed he won't be around for our 3rd.

As for Pass rushers. Brian Smith will fall due to his hip injury, And we only need 1 for sure this season, we could get a guy next year as well. We still have James Harrison so even if we lose porter we still have a solid (Maybe better?) gut for a few seasons to transition a young stud.

Sorry But David Harris > HB Blades. Blades is all hype. Only guys right now other than Revis is Session who isn't built for a 3-4, but could probably be a solid backup.
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 01:31 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd rather look forward to the rest of this season than the the draft. Until were mathematically eliminated I will care more about this year than next year.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 02:32 PM    (permalink
TerribleEd
Rookie

TerribleEd hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Don't think David Harris will be around after Rd 2. Combine will be huge for him. Today, he's a second....could go up or down a round after Combine.
TerribleEd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 02:38 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal
I'd rather look forward to the rest of this season than the the draft. Until were mathematically eliminated I will care more about this year than next year.
Yea man, I think we keep going. I think Harrison comes back not this week but next and you'll see a spike up in our defense and ST.

I say we'll beat the ravens twice and hopefully they have a late season slide.

at 7-2 they still have

Nov 19 Atlanta 1:00pm
Nov 26 Pittsburgh 1:00pm
Nov 30 @Cincinnati 8:00pm
Dec 10 @Kansas City 1:00pm
Dec 17 Cleveland 1:00pm
Dec 24 @Pittsburgh 1:00pm
Dec 31 Buffalo 1:00pm

If we can beat them twice, they lose to cincy and Cleveland...

If they beat Cleveland and Buffalo, and lose the rest.. they'll be 9-7. If we win out.... we'll be 10-6 and have the division...

Nov 19 @Cleveland 1:00pm
Nov 26 @Baltimore 1:00pm
Dec 3 Tampa Bay 1:00pm
Dec 7 Cleveland 8:00pm
Dec 17 @Carolina 1:00pm
Dec 24 Baltimore 1:00pm
Dec31 @Cincinnati 1:00pm

The game that scares me the most is Carolina. We gotta find a way to shut Steve Smith out. And our defense needs to step up. If the WR's and Oline keep playing good, we could very possibly win all of those.

Even if we lose one and Baltimore finishes 9-7... We'll have the tie breaker.

Cincy

Nov 19 @New Orleans 1:00pm
Nov 26 @Cleveland 1:00pm
Nov 30 Baltimore 8:00pm
Dec 10 Oakland 1:00pm
Dec 18 @Indianapolis 8:30pm
Dec 24 @Denver 4:15pm
Dec 31 Pittsburgh 1:00pm

I could see them winning possibly 3 of those games.. as long as they beat Baltimore in the Rematch, Cleveland and Oakland... making them 7-9...

So there's still a really solid chance we make it...

Wildcard Watch:

AFC East: Jets are at 5-4, and they have a pretty easy schedule minus a few games...

Nov 19 Chicago 1:00pm
Nov 26 Houston 1:00pm
Dec 3 @Green Bay 1:00pm
Dec 10 Buffalo 1:00pm
Dec 17 @Minnesota 1:00pm
Dec 25 @Miami 8:30pm
Dec 31 Oakland 1:00pm

So it looks like they could possibly grab 1 of the 2 available spots.

AFC South: Indy has the #1 seed all but locked, but The Jaguars are sitting behind at 5-4, however QB Controversies and 4 very tough games in the second half, Giants, Indy, NE, and KC. Could be stuck outside.

AFC North: Pitt Needs a surge, because as far as I see it, we have the easiest second half schedule With Baltimore being the only team with a winning record, and they've shown their weaknesses.

AFC West: This is going to come down to the wire. Both San Diego and Denver at 7-2. They still have 2 games against each other.

San Diego:
With Seattle, Denver x2, and KC coming up, they could have 4 losses, meaning they'd finish 10-6, unless Zona, Buffalo or Oakland have an upset..

Denver:
They're second half schedule isn't any easier.
Seattle San Diego x2, KC, Cincy and San Francisco. With the possibilit of a zona upset.
Old 11-16-2006, 03:04 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We should be able to pull out a lot of wins now in the late half of the season. It actually wouldn't suprise me if we ran the table but we have to play at the best of our ability to beat everyone.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 03:11 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

making the #6 wildcard isn't as absurd of a thought as everyone thinks it is. We are only 2 games down from it now.

Old 11-16-2006, 04:08 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Quote:
making the #6 wildcard isn't as absurd of a thought as everyone thinks it is. We are only 2 games down from it now.
It's not even absurd to think we could be the #4 seed.
Old 11-16-2006, 05:46 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

It's not absurd but at the same time it really isn't liekly at all that we make up 4 games in the next 7 weeks. Making up the 2 to get the wildcard is much more likely.

Old 11-17-2006, 06:46 AM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Man,

I"m tired of the Philip Rivers, Eli manning > Ben Roeth talk.

Ben could lose a leg, an arm, throw 60/60 for 600 yards, 10 tds, and rush for 30 and he'd be a product of the system.
Old 11-17-2006, 09:15 AM    (permalink
skarocksoi
Veteran

skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well I'd never say Ben is the greatest quarterback, but he's better than most. I think Eli is pretty overrated and everyone who proclaims how great he is forgets which Manning brother he is.
skarocksoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 11:11 AM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It is an uphill battle for us. Everyone thinks every above average player we get is overrated(Ward, Ben, Troy, Porter) They might be but every one just comes at us about it(I hate to sound like a b**tch. Eli is very overrated until he succeeds in the playoffs were his brother has failed. He is an above average QB...maybe massively above average, but if his name wasn't manning he may not have gone number one(what GM could live down passing up a manning.) He will never be at the level of his brother.(he is inaccurate and is gets rattled by the rush even more than Peyton this leads to many throws off his back foot and he also backs up when being rushed instead of stepping up.) River has looked absolutely sick, I really think he is the best of the bunch. As far a Ben, he is an above average QB, when healthy he is top ten or top 15 in the league (maybe top 5 but thatÂ’s stretching it) but when he isn't completely healthy can be the worst and I mean worst QB in the league. However he is more than a game manager. Plus I don't know why that title is such an insult QBs attempt to learn a feel for the game so they can manage it and not look for a big play on every play and just take what the defense gives you. The other factor to consider is that its only Ben's and the rest of these QBs third year in the league they could be much worse or much better down the road its hard to tell.

Thank you Lebron James, you are truly a King Among Men.

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

I remember Marshawn Lynch
DeathbyStat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 05:11 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Rivers has only played 9 games in the league. Wait until he has a couple of years under his belt before we see how good he is.

Just think if everyone judged Ben off of his first 9 games. Thats right a perfect 9-0 record as a rookie with wins over two underfeated teams that both eventually went on to the superbowl.

Old 11-17-2006, 05:13 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Big games to watch this weekend

Chicago Bears @ New York Jets
New York Giants @ Jacksonville Jaguars
Cincinatti Bengals @ New Orleans Saints
Atlata Falcons @ Baltimore Ravens

We need the Bears, Giants and Saints to get wins to help us out in the wildard scenarion. Atlanta @ Baltimore is obvious. If Baltimore wins this week the division will be all but impossbile to win.

Plus its Cleveland week. Always a big game.

Old 11-17-2006, 07:51 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Steelers | Polamalu cleared to play Week 11
Fri, 17 Nov 2006 09:51:29 -0800
Len Pasquarelli, of ESPN.com, reports Pittsburgh Steelers SS Troy Polamalu (concussion) has been medically cleared to play Week 11 and will start in the game.

All good injury news today. Every Steeler was upgraded to probably other than Willie Reid who is out.

Old 11-17-2006, 10:58 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

A ratings success

Fox's decision to move the starting time of the Steelers-Saints game to 4:15 p.m. proved to be beneficial: The game had more viewers than the marquee matchup Sunday night between the New York Giants and Chicago Bears on NBC and ranked as the third most-watched program for the week. The Steelers' game, which was switched because of the NFL's new "flex scheduling" with the networks, had 21.8 million viewers. The only programs with more viewers last week were ABC's "Desperate Housewives" (22.3 million) and "Dancing With The Stars" (22 million).

Old 11-18-2006, 05:21 AM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Quote:
A ratings success

Fox's decision to move the starting time of the Steelers-Saints game to 4:15 p.m. proved to be beneficial: The game had more viewers than the marquee matchup Sunday night between the New York Giants and Chicago Bears on NBC and ranked as the third most-watched program for the week. The Steelers' game, which was switched because of the NFL's new "flex scheduling" with the networks, had 21.8 million viewers. The only programs with more viewers last week were ABC's "Desperate Housewives" (22.3 million) and "Dancing With The Stars" (22 million).
I'm excited for us to jump to only 1 game behind.
Old 11-19-2006, 12:55 PM    (permalink
CDub
Veteran

CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In the early going we've got some no-name chump running straight up the gut on us!
CDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 12:56 PM    (permalink
CDub
Veteran

CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can we please fu#king cover Edwards!!!
CDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 03:11 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

What a win. BEn dominated the second half and won us the game. Polammalu made huge plays on defense to end their drive with 4 minutes left.

Game started out bad but they turned it around and made a win out of it. Exciting win.

Old 11-19-2006, 03:15 PM    (permalink
steel man
DC GFX Team
Veteran

steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i wanted a big time LBer in the 1st round of the draft but after watching this game we have to get protection for Ben, so i hope we get the best ol in the 1st and take an ol in 3 of the 1st 4 picks(with us taking Brian Leonard in the 2nd or 3rd). we have a great,great future hall of fame QB and he is getting hit so much and he is taking way to many hard hits. just because he is tough and dont give up and is like the energizer bunny and keeps and going and going and going dont mean we should let it keep happening and it is also going to shorten his career. we have our QB so we need to take care of him.

Matthew 19:26
Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but With God ALL things are possible
steel man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 03:21 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

I have wanted OT and LB in the frist two rounds for awhile now.

Najeh looked very good returning kicks and he had a couple of catches today. I think he is solidifing his role on the team to the point he'll be signed back this offseason.

Old 11-19-2006, 03:26 PM    (permalink
skarocksoi
Veteran

skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think that Ben needs to scramble around in the pocket more, because you can really see the difference in his play when he moves around when things start to break down. At the beginning of the year he seemed to try to stay in the pocket to avoid getting hit because of his injuries, and we couldnt do anything. Now when he scrambles, our recievers have time to get open and make some plays.

As for getting an O-lineman in the 1st, Im guessing we'll end up picking somewhere around 15-25 (just a feeling), so I dont really know what might be available by then, especially we go in the 20's. I think a right tackle is the biggest concern because Starks is playing pretty bad, and Kemo is right behind Simmons and could take over there. Maybe a center too because I have a feeling Hartings might retire.
Old 11-19-2006, 06:43 PM    (permalink

If we would just stop turning the ball over we would be unstoppable. 2 of the int's should have been caught. This is just ridiculous. Nice big victory though. Sitting at 4-6 is alot better than 3-7, but we have along way to go to make the playoffs. Always tough to play on the road and beat a rival, so this is a good win.
Old 11-19-2006, 07:51 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarocksoi
I think that Ben needs to scramble around in the pocket more, because you can really see the difference in his play when he moves around when things start to break down. At the beginning of the year he seemed to try to stay in the pocket to avoid getting hit because of his injuries, and we couldnt do anything. Now when he scrambles, our recievers have time to get open and make some plays.

As for getting an O-lineman in the 1st, Im guessing we'll end up picking somewhere around 15-25 (just a feeling), so I dont really know what might be available by then, especially we go in the 20's. I think a right tackle is the biggest concern because Starks is playing pretty bad, and Kemo is right behind Simmons and could take over there. Maybe a center too because I have a feeling Hartings might retire.
if we take a Center I want mozes.

Lineman in the 15-25 range: Levi Brown, Jake Long, Sam baker, Justin Blalock.

I'm thinking we keep trading down, I'm seeing that our secondary is letting too many stoppable passes through. Ike isn't playing to his caliber.
Old 11-19-2006, 09:23 PM    (permalink
skarocksoi
Veteran

Levi Brown at RT would be a monster. He's a beast with the run and can pass block pretty well too, plus he's a high character guy that the steelers love. Being a Penn State student, I've gotten to watch him for a couple of years and hes really a stand up guy. One game this year, the fullback did something stupid and yelled at a coach or something and Levi came over and put the guy in his place. But yeah, I think he'd be a good pick if we go O Line in the first.

Oddly enough, I ended up drafting him in my Madden franchise and moved him to RT to replace starks.