Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum

Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum Discuss the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Old 11-19-2006, 10:26 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't mind picking Levi up. The Steelers have taken more O-line in the first round than any other position so its a real possibility.

I'd love to land David Harris in the 2nd.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 01:32 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal
I wouldn't mind picking Levi up. The Steelers have taken more O-line in the first round than any other position so its a real possibility.

Levi would definately help out our o-line and Harris is a very underrated prospect that I think could possibly fall into the third, but would be a great addition if we were able to grab him.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 06:47 AM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule
Quote:

Levi would definately help out our o-line and Harris is a very underrated prospect that I think could possibly fall into the third, but would be a great addition if we were able to grab him.
After the OSU Game, Scouts aren't going to overlook him.

IF Jake Long leaves, thats our RT. He pretty much shut down Vernon Gholston, which isn't the easiest of things.

Jake Long, David Harris, Jarvis Moss/James Hardy/Tanard Jackson, Brian Smith, George Batiste/Brian Anderson, Eric Foster, Ikaika Alama-Francis...

Round 1:

AJ Hawk ugly and very athletic. 6'7 320 lbs and he's more than Agile/Athletic enough to Take over for the cement shoed Max Starks as a Rookie.

Round2:

Possibly the Next in line of Great Steeler MLBs taken in round 2?

Levon Kirkland, Kendrell Bell..... David Harris is the best MLB in the NCAA and he's certainly the best ball hawk/block breaker.

Round3:

Tanard Jackson is a prototypical CB. He's fast, he's a mack truck hitter, and he'll be reunited with former Cuse FS Anthony Smith. Smith is going to be good. I know it, and Tanard, well, he's another 3rd round, underrated Cuse player. If he were at a school other than Cuse, he could be ranked in the top 5. If you can, look at his special teams hit against Uconn. He hits just as hard as Anthony Smith. Tanard Reminds me of Ike last year, or Rashean Mathis. Maybe not that high caliber, but he has that potential.

Round 4:

Brian Smith + 20 lbs. + A year behind Joey Porter = A Monster. He's a 4-3 DE who at times has dropped into coverage. He would be a pass rushing nightmare at 6'4 250 lbs. (he's 230 at the beginning of the season) A Broken hip drops him here to us and we're more than glad to take him.

Round 5:

Big, Athletic and some of the best footwork i've seen. He may take a year or two on the PS but i can see him being a starter when Faneca leaves. And you probably won't see any dropoff.

Round6:

Eric Foster

#56, former MLB, plays DT. he's 6'3 265 lbs. He's more than Adequately fast enough for MLB. He can break blocks just as good as any DT in the country and was a huge part in their 9 wins this season. He gets into the backfield on nearly every play. If he can shed blocks that well at the line, Imagine him at LB. He could even move outside. David Harris would take over Kreidwaldts Spot. And we could have him battle Wallace for #2 behind Farrior. We saw how well Teddy Bruschi did it.

Round7:

Former Basketball player, but at 6'6 290 lbs, not to mention 2 years of experience in the Hawaiian 3-4. Possibly another token Samoan Steal late in the draft. Not to mention after adding 40 pounds he's every bit as athletic as he was playing basketball.

UDFA's:

Quintero Frierson
Sam Hollenbach

I'm still undecided about our 4b and 5/6b selections.
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 09:34 AM    (permalink
skarocksoi
Veteran

skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have to say, Mr Stiller, I love those mock drafts you do.
skarocksoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 01:04 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Small Michigan bias though ;)

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 03:52 PM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Does any body know any thing about Fred Bennet CB out of south Carolina, He's 6'1 and runs a 4.45 forty could we end up picking him in the first? South Carolina has had a solid track record for DBs.

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

I remember Marshawn Lynch
DeathbyStat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 04:13 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathbyStat
Does any body know any thing about Fred Bennet CB out of south Carolina, He's 6'1 and runs a 4.45 forty could we end up picking him in the first? South Carolina has had a solid track record for DBs.
Bennett is good but he has some question marks. He usually goes for the big hit rather than the sure tackle, he's a great cover corner but not necessarily a good run supporter. He would be a good addition, though.

Mr. Stiller, I like the mocks as well.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 04:30 PM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He usually goes for the big hit rather than the sure tackle.[/quote]

That sounds like the vast majority of the NFL these day. Allways looking for the knock out blow.

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

I remember Marshawn Lynch
DeathbyStat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 05:00 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We will not draft any corner in the first round. McFadden isn't playing horrible and with the way Ike played and the deal we gave him this offseason he will get another shot next season.

Only places I can realistically see us going in round 1 are LB and OT.

Woodley wouldn't be a bad first rounder if we could get him either.

Old 11-20-2006, 05:45 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBond93
Small Michigan bias though ;)
If OSU had a RT like Jake Long, Or Laurainitis was coming out.. I'm sure he would be in there over Harris.

I just think Jake Long is perfect for our Offense.
Old 11-20-2006, 05:48 PM    (permalink

Quote:
David Harris is the best MLB in the NCAA
Patrick Willis has been playing great and should win the Butkus. Also I think you guys should invest in a WR in the mid rounds but that is a good mock.
Old 11-20-2006, 06:35 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsalltheway
Quote:
David Harris is the best MLB in the NCAA
Patrick Willis has been playing great and should win the Butkus. Also I think you guys should invest in a WR in the mid rounds but that is a good mock.
Well I think Pwillie is a solid MLB, but I think Harris is better suited in a 3-4. I think Patrick is better for a 4-3.

Harris at 6'2 250 lbs is a better disengager of blocks than Willis. However, again thats my opinion.

The 2 additions.. were, Dan Mozes at 5a, and James Hardy at 4b.
Old 11-20-2006, 09:16 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

We need NYG to turn things around against Jacksonville. A Jacksonville loss would be great for us cause we'd only be 2 games out of the wildcard with the tiebreaker over KC.

Old 11-20-2006, 09:18 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Quote:
We need NYG to turn things around against Jacksonville. A Jacksonville loss would be great for us cause we'd only be 2 games out of the wildcard with the tiebreaker over KC.
BUT ELI"S AT THE HELM!
Old 11-20-2006, 10:45 PM    (permalink
Pittbc7
Rookie

Pittbc7 is so money.Pittbc7 is so money.Pittbc7 is so money.Pittbc7 is so money.Pittbc7 is so money.Pittbc7 is so money.Pittbc7 is so money.Pittbc7 is so money.Pittbc7 is so money.Pittbc7 is so money.Pittbc7 is so money.

Weddle would be a nice day one pick. He fills alot of needs and can play either safety or cb in the shaky secondary. His pr value is also very nice considering no one on the team now has shown they can fill the void Randle El left in the return game.
Pittbc7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 11:14 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pittbc7
Weddle would be a nice day one pick. He fills alot of needs and can play either safety or cb in the shaky secondary. His pr value is also very nice considering no one on the team now has shown they can fill the void Randle El left in the return game.
Kind of early to take another Safety/KR/PR person considering we haven't even given smith a shot or seen what willie reid can do.
Old 11-21-2006, 05:21 PM    (permalink
Pittbc7
Rookie

Pittbc7 is so money.Pittbc7 is so money.Pittbc7 is so money.Pittbc7 is so money.Pittbc7 is so money.Pittbc7 is so money.Pittbc7 is so money.Pittbc7 is so money.Pittbc7 is so money.Pittbc7 is so money.Pittbc7 is so money.

Weddle can play CB as well which is what I would project him to play on the Steelers. The secondary has been a pretty big weakness and Ike Taylor's play has disappointed since he signed that contract. Coclough's inury was pretty serious the last time I heard about it too. Why hasn't Reid played anyways? Its not like they have some stud return guy on the team already. Hopefully he can play at some point this season and flash some potential.
Pittbc7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 07:44 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Reid is injured and has been since week 5.

As for drafting an early round corner, we won't. Ike just got a huge deal so they arn't going to give up on him yet. McFadden hasn't looked that bad this year and he will likely be our future at CB. Townsend and Ricardo will both be back next year.

I think we need to add a 4th rounder to that group to fill in for any injuries.

and KR isn't much of a need if they sign Najeh back. He has doen a hell of a job.

Old 11-22-2006, 09:23 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

I want to get either Long or Woodley in the first and David Harris in the 2nd. In the 3rd we take whatever position we didn't get in the 1st round.

Old 11-22-2006, 11:24 AM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Quote:
Reid is injured and has been since week 5.

As for drafting an early round corner, we won't. Ike just got a huge deal so they arn't going to give up on him yet. McFadden hasn't looked that bad this year and he will likely be our future at CB. Townsend and Ricardo will both be back next year.

I think we need to add a 4th rounder to that group to fill in for any injuries.

and KR isn't much of a need if they sign Najeh back. He has doen a hell of a job.
Someone somewhere else pointed this out....

2006 -- Just signed Hines Ward with $10M bonus and C. Wilson with a $2M bonus. Drafted Santonio Holmes.

2007 -- Just signed Taylor with $6.5M bonus and Townsend with $2M bonus. Draft Darelle Revis!
Old 11-22-2006, 10:00 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Only differnce there is that Ike and McFadden are our future at CB while Ward is getting old and Wilson just sucks.

Old 11-22-2006, 11:38 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Quote:
Only differnce there is that Ike and McFadden are our future at CB while Ward is getting old and Wilson just sucks.
Townsend?
Old 11-23-2006, 06:56 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stiller
Quote:
Townsend?
Whats your point. We drafted Holmes because we didn't have our WR of the future. AT CB we have McFadden and Taylor. No need for Revis.

Signing Townsend back was just insurance for McFadden. Him being signed back has nothing to do with who we are drafting. If anything him being signed back makes it less likely we'll draft another corner because they agve him a 4 year deal.

I just don't think we need to spend a pick on a guy who will come in and play dimeback for us and be a career nickleback. We already have that with Ricardo.

Old 11-23-2006, 10:22 AM    (permalink

Quote:
At least Wilson will catch the ball and hang on to it. Holmes is a worthless piece of crap. I like Washington at the number 2 wide and wilson as 3. Holmes has potential but he can't hang onto a ball. Our corners will be fine, I think the linebackers are just not getting the same pressure as lat year and that is making a difference in our coverage.
Old 11-23-2006, 10:27 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Holmes has been a very good reciever for us. The only time he has fumbled was on special teams, never as a reciever. He doesn't have very many drops either.

Just wanted tp point out that he has more catches and less drops than Wilson even though he is lining up as the #4 and Wilson the #2.