Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum

Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum Discuss the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Old 11-23-2006, 10:33 AM    (permalink

I'm not a huge fan of either. I guess I just am really sore on Holmes off season antics and his fumbles. Like I said, I really like Washington and would like to see him as the number 2 guy. I like how he gets open and his jumping ability and his catching ability is so much better than what we had in Burress. I really think he is gonna be a good WR for us. We just need to use him more.
Old 11-23-2006, 01:44 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If anyone should be our #2 reciever is should be Holmes. He is 2nd on the team in receptions with less drops and less times being thrown at than Wilson and Washington.

Holmes is our future at reciever and he needs to be the starter now with how good he played last week. Plus I think The Ravens secondary will have alot of problems with his speed.

Washington is in no way better than Burress was.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 12:07 AM    (permalink
Sgt Pepper
Rookie

Sgt Pepper hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snortie
I'm not a huge fan of either. I guess I just am really sore on Holmes off season antics and his fumbles. Like I said, I really like Washington and would like to see him as the number 2 guy. I like how he gets open and his jumping ability and his catching ability is so much better than what we had in Burress. I really think he is gonna be a good WR for us. We just need to use him more.
I cannot believe any human who has seen a football game would ever say Nate Washington does ANYTHING better than Plaxico Burress. I have read some bad claims on this board before but that might indeed be the most rediculous one yet. There is no reason Holmes shouldn't be a starter and no reason Washington should be any better than a no. 4.

Superbowl XLIII Champions
Sgt Pepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 07:08 PM    (permalink

Do you actually watch Washington? The guy comes up with some great catches. Sounds like your one of the Plax lovers. That guy sucked for us and cost us alot of games. Washington hasn't done that. As for Holmes, I'd take Wilson over him anyday right now.
Old 11-24-2006, 09:30 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Plax did alot of good for the Steelers. You must not remember 2004 when he was Ben's favorite target. Plax had all the talent in the world and his only problem was he didn't give 100% on every play and he still deosn't in NY.

Washington currently leads the Steelers in drops. He doesn't have anywhere near as good of hands as Plax.

Holmes has more catches, more yards and less drops than Washington. There is no way Nate should be the #2 and there is no way he is better than Burress.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 11:26 PM    (permalink
skarocksoi
Veteran

skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The worst part about Plax was his attitude. He just didnt have the kind of character that the Steelers look for. He must have lied through his teeth during the combine interviews or whomever drafted him must have had a momentary brain lapse.
skarocksoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 11:45 PM    (permalink
steelcrew43
Veteran

steelcrew43 could make a wolverine purr.steelcrew43 could make a wolverine purr.steelcrew43 could make a wolverine purr.steelcrew43 could make a wolverine purr.steelcrew43 could make a wolverine purr.steelcrew43 could make a wolverine purr.

remember when hines and plax both had thousand yard seasons.....

sig by me
Go buckeyes,steelers, cavs

PM me for jersey transfers
steelcrew43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 10:41 AM    (permalink
skarocksoi
Veteran

skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

remeber when Tommy Maddox was a decent quarterback...
skarocksoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 07:10 PM    (permalink
THav916
Veteran

THav916 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Plax is the man
THav916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 12:20 AM    (permalink
TerribleEd
Rookie

TerribleEd hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Steeler Mock (first five rounds)

Steeler Mock (first five rounds)

Rd 1: Patrick Willis, ILB, Ole Miss

Steelers need to add a playmaker on defense. They could have gone inside or outside here, but Willis is that all around bad ass they need.

Rd 2: Brian Leonard, RB, Rutgers

Perfect complement to Willie Parker.

Rd 3: Ryan Kalil, C, USC

If 20 lbs heavier, he's the number one Center on the board. His technique is excellent and so is his athleticism.

Rd 4a: Brian Smith, OLB, Missouri

Great value here at a need position.

Rd 4b: Jonathan Wade, CB, Tennessee

Reminds me of Ike Taylor. He's even from Louisiana. One of the top CB's in the SEC, he has great measurables. He needs to be more consistent, but was switched to CB during his junior year after playing WR earlier in college career.

Rd 5: Mike Otto, OT, Purdue

Solid pick in Rd 5. Consistent, blue-collar OT. Plays left-side in college - will switch to right side in pro's.

Rd 5b: John Beck, QB, BYU

Twenty-two touchdown passes to four interceptions. Has been named MWC offensive player of the week five times this season. Steelers need to figure out who longterm back-up will be post-Batch.
TerribleEd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 12:27 AM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Huge post coming with offseason info...
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 11:42 AM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Steelers Dream Offseason: (Bit skewed, but could potentially be realistic)

Front Office Pre-Draft Moves:

Resign : Najeh Davenport, Rodney Bailey (Unless Orien Harris is ready), Arnold Harrison(if his knee is ok), Nate Washington, Sean Morey, Tyrone Carter

Max Starks tendered as a 1st rounder or 2nd rounder..
(For this we'll go 2nd)

Free Agents That Make Sense:
*Daniel Graham, Patriots - Young guy who is a great blocker. He's overshadowed by Ben Watson. With the 2 headed monster of Maroney and Dillon, not to mention Kevin Faulk. With the Pats selection of David Thomas from Texas, it probably means Daniel Graham will be leaving. Not only is he a great blocker, but he has execellent hands. Pittsburghs running into a problem where Danimal Kreider is mainly a power rusher type blocker. In Front of Najeh he's fine, however with a Speedster like Willie, he doesn't have time to open a hole right away. With Graham, we'll give Kreider some breathers and go with a solid 2 TE Sets. We do some of this Now but Tuman is no where near the level Graham is.

*Jordan Black - Another young guy with solid blocking skills. I'm sure KC Would be trying hard to sign him so i'm not Sure on this possibility, but if they don't think Willie Colon or Trai Essex are ready, I'm more comfortable with Black than an Unprepared Essex/Colon.

*Cory Redding - 4 year player with Texas ties will look good next to Casey Hampton. 6'5 290 lbs. He could come in, Move Keisel back to his backup job on pass rushing downs. This would allow us to lose Bailey to Free Agency, and have a battle between Keisel, Kirschke and Orien Harris for the 2 backup spots. Redding, Hampton and Aaron Smith could Push San Diego for the best 3-4 Dline. Then again, I think The Browns could push to overpay Redding because of Lack of talent on the line, which we don't have to their degree.

Guys that we may look at that affect our draft:
Kawika Mitchell, Ladell Betts.

Free Agents I want:

Adalius Thomas and Kawika Mitchell.

If we Get Mitchell we don't need a future at Farriors Position. Since I doubt the Chiefs will let him go, I won't consider it. I'm also more than Certain many a team will pay more than the steelers are willing for Adalius.

Draft Stipulations:

Trade down 10 spots for a 1st and 2nd ( Giants got 1st, 3rd and 4th for moving 7 spots back at the end of round 1).

Get a 4th and 5th from the losses of ARE and Kimo.

Draft:

1) Jake Long, OT, Michigan
Jake Long is only behind Joe Thomas for Best LT. He possesses monstrous size 6'7/6'8 and 320lbs. He possesses enough athleticism to jump in right away and be solid, not to mention, he is fast enough to pull. From watching him he's shut down alot of the best DE's in the big 10 and beyond. I think he's just as good in run blocking as pass blocking and instantly upgrades the Offensive line.

2a) David Harris, ILB, Michigan - This kid is just a monster inside. He's first round talent. I know people love Patrick Willis, as I do. He's not a 3-4 ILB in my eyes. Buster Davis is undersized. It's one thing to be a small RB, but Buster has trouble with Disengaging from Olineman, and in the 3-4 he'd have to do that on every play and I have a feeling that he'd be very unproductive. David Harris already is at pro size with 6'2 and 250 lbs. Could add some without losing his speed or athleticism. Learning behind James Farrior will really give the Steelers a future monster to rebuild a linebacker core and turn it into the Steel Curtain 2.0. He has a nose for the ball. He is rarely out of position, but when he is he does possess enough natural abillity to make up for it.

2b) Dwayne Bowe, WR, LSU - Hines isn't exactly the youngest. We have a good 1-2 punch in Ward/Holmes. However, Ced hasn't done what we had hoped for at #2, So Holmes has #2 almost locked now. Nate Washington could end up being a solid #3, but that leaves us with unproven depth. Sean Morey actually caught a pass this past weekend, As much as I had begged to rid us of him. I'm glad we kept him over Chidi Iwuoma. Willie Reid has played in one game this season and up till then hasn't proved more than he doesn't fumble a punt return/kick return. I have a feeling once he gets healthy he could be a viable #3 option and a great returner. Bowe is too good to pass up. He has solid size at 6'3 220lbs. He's bailed JaMarcus out plenty of times. I think after a few years could be more than capable of being a #1.

2c) Tony Hunt, RB, PSU - I wasn't agreeing with this pick all season, however I think with 3 picks in the 2nd, we certainly should pick him up. There's not many players here that we could grab to make a difference. He could be our 3rd down back. He'd be more than capable for taking over for Verron Haynes who's future is in doubt. I figured a UFA Pickup(LaDell Betts), We got Najeh after the draft, Cedric will be in training camp again. Tony Hunt was a WR coming into PSU, he's 6'2, 230 lbs, doesn't possess breakaway speed, but does maintain great hands, ability to take numerous hits before being tackled. Duce will be cut, and I think Hunt will give us a solid 1-2 punch.

3) Jarvis Moss, DE->OLB, Florida - I understand that he was suspended, no one knows why, to this point it's all speculation. He's 6'6 230lbs amazing Athleticism and plays DE. He could add 20 lbs, not lose speed, be stronger and this guy has an insane vertical. He could be our strongside replacement for Joey Porter. Porter is going to ask for huge contract, and that could cause problems. He's getting pretty old, at this point, if we sign him to a big contract, his play has certainly declined, we're basically going to give him a retirement fund and hope he does well. Does anyone remember what happened to Jason Gildon? We held on too long and he withered under us. I think We'd be wise to trade him, But he's a Cowher guy and I can't see it happening. If he were traded. Moss would have 2-3 years behind James Harrison, whos more than capable of being a monster at OLB in his own defense.

4a) Brian Smith, DE/OLB, Missouri - Lucky for us he got injured. Smith was on par for the all-time Big XII Sack record. He would come in behind Haggans. He would challenge Arnold Harrison or force Cowher (or the new coach) to keep a 5th OLB. He's certainly fast enough to take up space in the pass defense (something Haggans lacks, coverage), but he's a beast. Having The Future Quadro of Moss, Harris, Foote and Smith is quite scary for the future.

4b) Jonathon Wade, CB, Tennessee - He's a hard hittin and extremely fast. Bryant has a lot of trouble covering faster WR's. Little known, but Jonathon Wade is the fastest man in the SEC. He played WR so you know he can catch the ball. Wade runs the 100m in a mere 10.2 seconds. He's seen elite WR's of the SEC.

5a) Ryan Kalil, OC, USC
Centers Fall in draft. Heck Greg Eslinger was the #1 rated center for most of last season and even as the #2 fell to round 6. Kalil is an Athletic Center, but Dan Mozes, Enoka Lucas and Samson Satele could go higher than him, dropping him to us. Kalil comes in. Challenges Okobi, and Marvin Phillip. He could win the job, although I think Okobi Will Start and this will be the second season we carry 3 centers. Okobi has had 2 injuries this season (1 almost life threatening). Phillip is considered undersized. Kalil puts on 10 lbs and he's basically Hartings Size and he could be just as effective.

5b) John Beck, QB, BYU - This Guy is not a game Manager, he's a passing Freak. He could sit behind Charlie Batch and learn the ropes for some time. I've talked to John Beck. He's hoping to go elsewhere because he wants to be a starter (I think He can). He said "Pittsburg would probably not be my top choice, roethlisberger will probably be there awhile, but I would love to give you an interview, just give me your phone number and I will call you when I have some extra time.", He's a really nice guy and the mold of a perfect "Steeler" Guy. However I would hope he goes elsewhere to start. So if I had other QB here? Andre Woodson, Brett Ratliff or Isaiah Stanback.

6) Eric Foster, DT->ILB, Rutgers - Eric possesses tremendous Speed and agility for a defensive lineman. He's 6'3, 265lbs and has had plenty of practice disengaging blocks. He may drop to ILB and pull it off better than Teddy Bruschi.

7) Ikaika Alama-Francis, DE, Hawaii - Ikaika is a big DE. He's 6'6 290 lbs (Almost the same as Cory Redding...) he's played in a 3-4 at DE for two years. I think he can come in and give us a young core of Backups waiting for a shot to start.

UDFA's:

QB: Sawyer Smith, Portland State and/or Brett Ratliff, Utah

Both have good arms, have shown pocket presence.

RB: Nate Ilaoa, Hawaii and Jackie Battle, Houston

Ilaoa is 5'8 and is a bowling ball. Hard to be tackled. Battle is 6'1 and is a bruiser.. both are 250 lbs. Give us some bruisers (along with humes back) next season.

FB: Cory Anderson and Brandon Snow
Both are big guys and nimble on their feet. Snow cleared the way for Hunt. Why not.

WR:

Chad Schroeder, WR, Texas A&M
Pure Speed, could be our big KR guy.

David Sutton, WR, UTEP
Everyone Talks about Johnnie Lee Higgins. Schroeder is 6'4, 225 lbs. and he's a burner, could be a UDFA Steal.

Paul Thompson, QB/WR, Oklahoma
With Bomar Dismissed, He took over Quarterbacking duties. he's fast, can scramble and I don't think he's as accurate as Randel El Was, but he's also a bigger target.

OT:

Charles Myles, Illinois
Tony Volponi, Boise State
Dane Uperesa, Hawaii

OG:

Kurt Quarterman, Louisville
Paluani Ma Sun, Oregon
Tyler Kreig, California

OC:
Mike Bihl, Michigan
Matt Maddox, Illinois

DE:

Loren Howard, Arizona State
Melila Purcell, Hawaii
Matt Toeaina, Oregon
Paul Soliai, Utah

NT:
Juan Underwood, Marshall
Louis Leonard, Fresno State

OLB:

JJ Milan, Nevada
Ramon Guzman, Buffalo
Scott Lee, Houston
Jon Radford, Colorado State
Tony Taylor, Georgia

ILB:
Nate Harris Louisville
Zach Miles, Kansas State
Jarvis Jackson, Georgia

CB:

Kenny Scott, Georgia Tech
Joe Porter, Rutgers
Marcus Hamilton, Virginia

S:

Leonard Peters, Hawaii
Joe Sturdivant, SMU
Curtis Keyes, Marshall
Old 11-26-2006, 12:52 PM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah I think we need a linemen first round the ravens are eating us alive.

Thank you Lebron James, you are truly a King Among Men.

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

I remember Marshawn Lynch
DeathbyStat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 01:11 PM    (permalink
THav916
Veteran

Long, Branch, Willis, we need a lot of things right now.

Always enjoy reading offseason moves and draft projections. Mr Stiller, may I ask where you get your information?
Old 11-26-2006, 01:15 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by THav916

Always enjoy reading offseason moves and draft projections. Mr Stiller, may I ask where you get your information?
Such as what? Free Agents? I have premium on Kffl.com and www.theredzone.org

If Ben doesn't get some blocking soon I can see us needing a 1st round QB, because he won't be walking...

I'm not saying we'll gun after those guys.. but they're not necesarily big names and they certainly fill a void.
Old 11-26-2006, 01:30 PM    (permalink
THav916
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stiller
Quote:

If Ben doesn't get some blocking soon I can see us needing a 1st round QB, because he won't be walking...

I'm not saying we'll gun after those guys.. but they're not necesarily big names and they certainly fill a void.

You just seem to speak as if you know what's going to happen and worked with the Steelers and had inside information. I do enjoy reading your thoughts though. I don't like to get carried away with people writing rumor as if it's fact, but I love talking/reading offseason material.

This first half is horrible. I like to think we have several needs and will be able to take the best player available at a few positions....OL, DE, LB stand out to me.
Old 11-26-2006, 01:33 PM    (permalink

We don't even look like we want to play this game. The Steelers look so flat and it also seems like they really don't care.
Old 11-26-2006, 01:37 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Quote:
We don't even look like we want to play this game. The Steelers look so flat and it also seems like they really don't care.
The Oline, Linebackers, and Corners.

Dline is playing to the top of their abilities, heck Keisel chased down a WR.

Troy P and Ryan Clark can't be everywhere to save McFadden or Townsend.

Ben and Willie can't do jack when the WR's don't get open and there's no light because theres like 8 Ravens in the backfield.
Old 11-26-2006, 01:38 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stiller
Quote:

You just seem to speak as if you know what's going to happen and worked with the Steelers and had inside information. I do enjoy reading your thoughts though. I don't like to get carried away with people writing rumor as if it's fact, but I love talking/reading offseason material.

This first half is horrible. I like to think we have several needs and will be able to take the best player available at a few positions....OL, DE, LB stand out to me.
Oh sorry, No, this is just my opinion of the offseason
Old 11-26-2006, 03:23 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What happened with us against the Ravens? I wasn't able to see any of the game...

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 03:24 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule
What happened with us against the Ravens? I wasn't able to see any of the game...

9 sacks.

the oline didn't block, the linebackers got smacked, and With Ike Benched, Bryant Mcfadden did jack.
Old 11-26-2006, 03:27 PM    (permalink

This is why I said we needed to get a big back in the off season. Parker is limited against some kinds of defense. When we don't run the ball well a defense like baltimore is gonna key on the pass all day. We can blame the o-line all we want, but the fact is we need to establish a running game to help them out in the pass blocking. If you look at the weeks we run the ball well, the o-line does a nice job of pass blocking. It's basic fundamentals of the game. Ben still is not 100% healthy and is also just not playing as smart as usual. Most of his stats are decent, it's the int's that have really hurt this year. I really believe the auto accident and not getting a big back has led us to alot of problems. Besides the fact the team has got to be affected and thinking about if Cowher is gonna be back or not. There are alot of crazy things going on in Pittsburgh right now and I think they just don't have a very good outlook for this season. You could almost sense what kind of season it was going to be in preseason. Alot of unanswered questions.
Old 11-26-2006, 03:31 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the worst job done by an offensive line i have seen all year

i wont be able to make the game next week vs the bucs,i have 2 tickets if someone wants them.

The games are still fun to go to, regardless of the play of the Steelers.

But, we definetly need to get some offensive line help... and some passrushers.
mikehop05 is offline   Reply With Quote
THav916
Veteran

Draft time.

Ok, now I know people have their opinions, but you can't be closed minded on things. Just by example (and Mr Stiller I love all the info you provide) but a guy like Mr Stiller clearly wants Jake Long in his mock draft. But if you're open minded, you have to realize you are not the Steelers and that we don't always get what we want. Not to mention the guy we might want could be gone anyway. Which is why even though many of us will focus on just one player, we really should be looking at several and all possibilities.

To me, guys like Thomas, Long, Adams, Branch, Willis come to mind at the top of my wish list for round 1, whether by trade up or down. I've also seen people have strong opinions for and against CB. But I'm gonna throw out another idea, just as that, an idea. Not saying I want it, not saying I demand it.

Fresh off of watching Dwayne Jarrett last night, what would you people think about the idea of taking him, or a WR in general. Now like I said, I don't want you to get carried away like I think this would be our "Best" pick. But say a few other guys are gone. Say the execs still feel Big Ben could be one of the best 5 qb's in the game and this season was just a freaky abberation. Say we could fill some of our other needs by free agency and later rounds. What about getting another weapon to make our offense even more dynamic, have a potential outstanding 1-2 punch when Ward is gone, and get an absolute stud in the first round and worry about the rest later?

Try to have an open mind, but also feel free to disagree. I'd rather have other things too, but I'm not in charge of the Steelers and neither are you. And I want to just throw this out there because often I see the exact same things posted over and over about the Steelers draft. And as we all know after today, we're gonna have plenty of time to talk draft.
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Quote:
This is why I said we needed to get a big back in the off season. Parker is limited against some kinds of defense. When we don't run the ball well a defense like baltimore is gonna key on the pass all day. We can blame the o-line all we want, but the fact is we need to establish a running game to help them out in the pass blocking. If you look at the weeks we run the ball well, the o-line does a nice job of pass blocking. It's basic fundamentals of the game. Ben still is not 100% healthy and is also just not playing as smart as usual. Most of his stats are decent, it's the int's that have really hurt this year. I really believe the auto accident and not getting a big back has led us to alot of problems. Besides the fact the team has got to be affected and thinking about if Cowher is gonna be back or not. There are alot of crazy things going on in Pittsburgh right now and I think they just don't have a very good outlook for this season. You could almost sense what kind of season it was going to be in preseason. Alot of unanswered questions.
Why do we abandon the run on the road? Because the oline doesn't block well for it. Why is Willie So much more effective at home. Because normally the oline and defensive pass rush steps up and Ben isn't forced to throw 50 times.

You had to see the game today.. If you're giving up 9 sacks, and only 3 had blitzes. You're not going to be successful running the ball.