Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 05-07-2007, 01:45 AM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

landry is better right now and will only get better. ravens probably got the 4th-5th best steal in the draft with this guy. yall say landry only looks good because of his supporting cast?? i say rhodes only looks good because everyone else (except vilma) sucks on the defense. he is mediocre but looks like an all-pro compared to the other guys. so it can go both ways.

NOTE: i don't believe that about rhodes. rhodes is good but i don't think he is as good as landry. i was just giving an example of why that argument is BS.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig
terribletowel39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 01:51 AM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rhodes easily, Dawan Landry was very good last year, but Rhodes was the playmaker and best DB in the backfield for the Jets. It's not fair to expect the same of Landry since he's playing next to the best safety in the NFL, but that does help Landry out a lot on the field. The Jets CB's were pretty suspect last season, but Rhodes still did a fantastic job. So I say Rhodes.
Old 05-07-2007, 02:01 AM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I seriously doubt that many of those who posted in this thread have actually seen both of these guys play enough in order to make an accurate comparison. They're not RB's or QB's. At best, you could probably say that you like one or the other by a slight margin. But to sit there and proclaim Rhodes as being better by a large margin would imply that Landry is a slouch, and that you went to a substantial number of Jets and Ravens games. The minimal glimpse most of us get of either of them is not enough to make an emphatic proclamation that one is leaps and bounds ahead of the other. Seems as though the fact that Landry is surrounded by such immense talent is by far the single biggest factor that people have based their opinions on. While that is a valid observation, it really should only be a very small portion of the overall appraisal.
Old 05-07-2007, 07:01 AM    (permalink
7-11
Veteran

7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckseason View Post
I seriously doubt that many of those who posted in this thread have actually seen both of these guys play enough in order to make an accurate comparison. They're not RB's or QB's. At best, you could probably say that you like one or the other by a slight margin. But to sit there and proclaim Rhodes as being better by a large margin would imply that Landry is a slouch, and that you went to a substantial number of Jets and Ravens games. The minimal glimpse most of us get of either of them is not enough to make an emphatic proclamation that one is leaps and bounds ahead of the other. Seems as though the fact that Landry is surrounded by such immense talent is by far the single biggest factor that people have based their opinions on. While that is a valid observation, it really should only be a very small portion of the overall appraisal.
smashed pretty much every single person who has said anything in this thread
7-11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 07:26 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kerry Rhodes hands down

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 01:42 PM    (permalink
bernbabybern820
Pro Bowler

bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kerry Rhodes.
They said I couldn't be a high school QB. They said I couldn't get a D1 scholarship. BeerBaron said I couldn't beat the Bears. - Tebow

Proving the doubters wrong.
bernbabybern820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 01:49 PM    (permalink
The Great Jonathan Vilma
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yung Flippa View Post
I'm going with a Homer pick
and say
Dawan Landry, dudes got a bright future ahead of him
Yep, and Kerry Rhodes doesn't. he had just about the best season of any saftey and got snubbed from the pro bowl. just because u ain't seen the guy, don't mean u shouldn't give the credit where its due

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by dRaFtDoRk View Post
You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.
The Great Jonathan Vilma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 01:52 PM    (permalink
The Great Jonathan Vilma
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

not sure if i said it in the above, but i feel Kerry Rhodes, because i think he is slightly better at this point, and has just as good a future in front of him. its hard to remember all the plays he made last year, and i'd like to see a highlight clip because some were damn sweet.

lest we not forget that Kerry Rhodes was also a huge steal in the draft, because i've only seen Landry get credit for that

Quote:
You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.
Old 05-07-2007, 07:09 PM    (permalink
skinzzfan25
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.

Dawan just cause he's related to Laron.
Old 05-07-2007, 07:12 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghettosermon View Post
You can't fault Dawan for having great players around him, he never gets burned deep, he is a sure tackler, and monster hitter, and get's INT's. He was so good last year, I wouldn't be surprised if he is a pro bowler next year. Obviously people will say it's because his supporting cast but he is a heck of a player. Like I said if LaRon plays like his brother did last year, the Skins are golden.

I agree he is a complete player.
Old 05-07-2007, 07:14 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

After seeing Rhodes play against the Pats last season, I think he is one of the top young safeties in the NFL. He is big, fast, can tackle, and seems to be in position almost all of the time. He is a playmaker. Landry had a great rookie season, but Rhodes looked like a top-tier safety in 2006.
Don Vito is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 07:43 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kerry Rhodes

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 07:51 PM    (permalink
Woody56
Veteran

Woody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

I don't get why this is a debate, but its Rhodes. Kerry was arguably the best safety in the NFL last year.
Woody56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 07:54 PM    (permalink
Phrost

As soon as he enters the league where do you guys think Kenny Phillips is compared to the best safeties in the league? Better than Dawkins? etc.
Old 05-07-2007, 07:57 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrost View Post
As soon as he enters the league where do you guys think Kenny Phillips is compared to the best safeties in the league? Better than Dawkins? etc.
No rookie is a sure bet. Sean Taylor was a better prospect than Kenny Phillips will be, Sean hasn't reached elite status yet so I wouldn't call Phillips a lock. He is a better prospect than LaRon and Huff but I have him slightly bellow Sean.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 08:14 PM    (permalink
LitoSheppard
Veteran

LitoSheppard needs more cowbell.

Delete this post.

^ bantx
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEROY_FROM_YONDER View Post
**** this forum it will never ever been good cause its memebers eat doo doo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
I just left him negative rep saying "I don't eat doo doo".
LitoSheppard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 08:16 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Marc Bulger

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 08:25 PM    (permalink
jkpigskin
Pro Bowler

jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i havnt seen that much of rhodes, so ill use this post to back landry, but im not making a claim of whose better

Dawan Landry, 5th round pick out of GTech. Came into camp and beat 3 other guys for the job next to ed reed. As a ravens fan, i didnt expect much. But after 2 weeks i was a fan. He was featured on top 10 jacked up hits for week 2 when he beheaded that raiders WR. He had 5 ints last year and returned one of them for a TD. With his sure tackling, he enabled ed reed to play centerfield again and landry helped Reed have another solid year.

From wat ive heard Rhodes has been a beast, but Landry is no slouch

Go Ravens!
jkpigskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 01:35 AM    (permalink
zoinks
Rookie

zoinks hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by remix 6 View Post
idk how much room is in the pro bowl for a safety

-Reed
-Rhodes
-Polamalu
-Sanders
-Meriweather :)
So which one gets bumped for Chris Hope? ;)
zoinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 09:31 AM    (permalink
High Roller
Rookie

High Roller hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Kerry Rhodes

Faithful Niner Fan
High Roller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 11:15 AM    (permalink
Bengals1690
Veteran

Bengals1690 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Bengals1690 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

never really saw rhodes play, but dawan was beasting in the AFC North

Quote:
Originally Posted by mythbusta View Post
i love my pedestal. thats why im the mythbusta.
who dey?
Bengals1690 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 11:19 AM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoinks View Post
So which one gets bumped for Chris Hope? ;)
Rhodes definetly gets bumped for Chris Hope.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig
terribletowel39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 11:37 AM    (permalink
JoeMontainya
Veteran

JoeMontainya needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
Who is better?
Dawan Landry S
or
Kerry Rhodes S
Rhodes.....
JoeMontainya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 11:57 AM    (permalink
JoeMontainya
Veteran

JoeMontainya needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Jonathan Vilma View Post
Yep, and Kerry Rhodes doesn't. he had just about the best season of any saftey and got snubbed from the pro bowl. just because u ain't seen the guy, don't mean u shouldn't give the credit where its due
How about Sean Jones, the safety from the Browns?
111 total tackles, 70 solo, 41 assists.
.5 sacks
5 INT's
1TD
11 pass deflected

All in basically his first year playing full time.

Shaun Taylor had 111 total tackles aswell with ZERO sacks and only 1 INT, GAVE UP 2nd MOST TD's as a DB (in the entire NFL, actual fact, only behind the Saints DB) and got in the pro bowl. Guess thats the NFC.

Chris Hope:
121 total tackles, 0 sacks, 5 ints

Sean Jones was the 2nd leading tackler of all NFL DB's. He was also tied for #2 in all NFL safeties for INT's.

Fact is, one of the main and only reasons Dwan Landry made the pro bowl over Sean Jones is because of his teams success.

TOTAL TACKLES
Jones:111
Landry:69

SOLO TACKLES
Jone:70
Landry:48

ASSISTED TACKLES
Jones:41
Landry:21

SACKS
Jones:.5
Landry:3

INTERCEPTIONS
Jones:5
Landry:5

PASS DEFLECTED
Jones:11
Landry:6

TD
Jones:1
Landry:1

FUMBLE RECOVERED
Jones:1
Landry:0

Everyone knows Pro Bowls are built off of stats. Landry only got on the squad because he was on a good team.

Last edited by JoeMontainya : 05-08-2007 at 12:00 PM.
JoeMontainya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 05:03 PM    (permalink
The Great Jonathan Vilma
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

no doubt Sean Jones is solid and will be for a long time. to bad he was injured his entire rookie season.

and this thread is nothing against Landry, because he is very solid and does exactly as he's asked. I just feel people aren't aware of how good Kerry Rhodes really is....

Quote: