Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Carolina Panthers Team Forum

Carolina Panthers Team Forum Discuss the Panthers

Old 01-15-2007, 11:29 AM    (permalink
SchizophrenicBatman
Pro Bowler

SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought the way we signed Foster was so it would be easy to get rid of him after the first year. Not sure if trading him has the same effect, but I could have sworn if he we cut him this year the hit is minimal
Old 01-15-2007, 01:24 PM    (permalink
JPF
Veteran

JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We'd save about a million bucks by cutting him I believe.
JPF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 02:42 PM    (permalink
SchizophrenicBatman
Pro Bowler

SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looks like you guys are getting what you want, Henning is out along with Maser (OL) and Rod Perry (DBs)

I dont mind the move so much as long as we get a good OC to replace him (ie, not Jim Fassell). And I know you dont keep a coach just because of one player, but you have to factor in the possibility of losing Keyshawn into this.
Old 01-15-2007, 03:48 PM    (permalink
FirstAndGoal
Rookie

FirstAndGoal hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

with henning now gone if keyshawn goes what about ted ginn in the first round? safety and MLB are a bit more pressing issues but we desperately need a good WR opposite steve smith made obvious from last year and I dont think carter or colbert are the answer. ginn would also give us a kick returner, another need of ours.

Sig by DLS42
FirstAndGoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 04:32 PM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstAndGoal
with henning now gone if keyshawn goes what about ted ginn in the first round? safety and MLB are a bit more pressing issues but we desperately need a good WR opposite steve smith made obvious from last year and I dont think carter or colbert are the answer. ginn would also give us a kick returner, another need of ours.
Well, I think we should wait and see if Keyshawn does really leave.

Ginn isn't polished enough for us, I would rather take a Dwayne Bowe.

I want to wait and see who we replace Henning with. Hopefully we don't replace him with another Fassell.

Then we can look at previous offenses of theirs and see who we might want to target.

Anthony Gonzalez would be a good guy to look at, Dallas Baker too. Maybe we get a guy who can use TEs. I hope that Fox lets the guy have room to work.
Old 01-15-2007, 05:17 PM    (permalink
FirstAndGoal
Rookie

FirstAndGoal hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShutDwn
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstAndGoal
Well, I think we should wait and see if Keyshawn does really leave.

Ginn isn't polished enough for us, I would rather take a Dwayne Bowe.

I want to wait and see who we replace Henning with. Hopefully we don't replace him with another Fassell.

Then we can look at previous offenses of theirs and see who we might want to target.

Anthony Gonzalez would be a good guy to look at, Dallas Baker too. Maybe we get a guy who can use TEs. I hope that Fox lets the guy have room to work.
I definately agree that we should wait and see about Keyshawn. This team has way too many other needs to be drafting a WR in the first round if they still have Smith and Key. But if he does leave I also like Bowe. Ginn is a lot like Smith and I think Bowe might complement Smith better. But Ginn can return kicks and is extrememly explosive, so either one would be good.

Sig by DLS42
FirstAndGoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 05:25 PM    (permalink
JustJoe2k5
Pro Bowler

JustJoe2k5 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.JustJoe2k5 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I only question the move to fire Mike Maser. We have too much talent on offense and in the secondary to be as poor as we were in both departments. However, I thought Maser did a solid job with the offensive line through all the injuries he had to deal with.

Hopefully, we'll start to hear about possible replacements soon. I just hope they take their time and hire someone that is the best possible fit and not just the first person that will agree to sign on.
JustJoe2k5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 05:30 PM    (permalink
JustJoe2k5
Pro Bowler

JustJoe2k5 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.JustJoe2k5 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

With a new offensive coordinator, Greg Olsen wouldn't look too bad in the second round. A Jeremy Shockey minus the attitude could do wonders for our offense.
Old 01-15-2007, 09:53 PM    (permalink
pantherzfan28

anybody think carolina will draft colt brennan now that he declared for the draft
Old 01-17-2007, 02:34 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Carolina is going to either draft a QB in Round 2 or wait until the deep QB draft of next year to go with their future signal caller.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 04:04 PM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule
I think Carolina is going to either draft a QB in Round 2 or wait until the deep QB draft of next year to go with their future signal caller.
Yeah, we will see what happens in FA and who we get for OC. That will be huge for forcasting this draft.
Old 01-17-2007, 06:48 PM    (permalink
pantherzfan28

only reason i think they should pick a qb is because we might not have a low pick again
Old 01-17-2007, 07:09 PM    (permalink
JustJoe2k5
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by pantherzfan28
only reason i think they should pick a qb is because we might not have a low pick again
If history repeats itself, we'll have this same draft pick in two years.

'04 - Super Bowl berth / #31 pick in the draft
'05 - 7-9 season / #14 pick in the draft
'06 - NFC Championship Game berth / #27 pick in the draft
'07 - 8-8 season / #14 pick in the draft
Old 01-17-2007, 07:54 PM    (permalink
JPF
Veteran

JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Doesn't matter if we hire a TE coach to be our OC. He won't be able to use them if Fox doesn't want them used.

I'm hopeful it changes, but I'm not going to bank on it.
Old 01-18-2007, 01:58 PM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

We interviewed Bengals QB coach Ken Zampese

http://www.heraldonline.com/247/story/11528.html

I would like to get him. That way we would get a guy who knows what great QB play is.
Old 01-18-2007, 04:44 PM    (permalink
JustJoe2k5
Pro Bowler

Really like his experience

Assistant Coach of the Philadelphia Eagles in '98
Assistant Coach of the Green Bay Packers in '99
Assistant Coach of the St. Louis Rams in '00-'02
Assistant Coach of the Cincinnati Bengals in '03-'06

That is ALOT of experience with very talented quarterbacks and very productive offenses.

Quote:
In 2003, Zampese worked with Kitna, who posted career highs in completions (324), passing yards (3591), TD passes (26), completion percentage (62.3) and passer rating (87.4). Though Kitna’s statistics in 2002 were also solid, his ’03 performance still won him NFL Comeback Player of the Year honors from the Associated Press and Pro Football Weekly.

Zampese (pronounced "zam-PEE-zee") came to the Bengals following three seasons (2000-02) in St. Louis, in which he had an expanding role with the NFL’s most prolific passing offense.

Zampese joined the Rams in 2000 as an offensive assistant. He was promoted to wide receivers coach in 2001, and the Rams led the league in passing yards for a second straight year, averaging 291.4. In 2002, he added the title of passing game coach, and the Rams finished second in the league at 259.6 yards per game.
I would love for the team to hire this guy.
Old 01-18-2007, 07:48 PM    (permalink
JPF
Veteran

Rumors I've heard so far for OC...

Mike McCoy- apparently a few teams are interested in him other than us, supposedly they've asked permission to talk to him and we've said no

Jim Skipper- I hope not, he's pushing 60 and we need youth

Mike Pope, Giants TE Coach- not sure what the status is but "supposedly" we've asked permission

Ken Zampese, Bengals QB Coach- he was in town for an interview supposedly

John Davidson, Browns O-line/OC/Asst HC- one fan site has a picture of him next to a payfor story about our job openings...sorry, but I don't subscibe to their service and I won't. The place is unreputable as hell. The guy swore he knew for a fact we'd be releasing Mike Rucker to resign Moose....3 hours later Moose was cut.
Old 01-18-2007, 08:51 PM    (permalink
JustJoe2k5
Pro Bowler

John Davidson is another decent option. He was the offensive line / tight end coach for New England throughout their three Super Bowl seasons.
Old 01-18-2007, 09:20 PM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJoe2k5
John Davidson is another decent option. He was the offensive line / tight end coach for New England throughout their three Super Bowl seasons.
Wouldn't mind that either.
Old 01-18-2007, 10:22 PM    (permalink
JustJoe2k5
Pro Bowler

I kind of figured the first place we would look outside of the guys already on the staff would be coaches with ties to New England. John Fox seems to have a strong friendship with Charlie Weis, so Weis likely suggested Davidson as a possible candidate.
Old 01-18-2007, 10:26 PM    (permalink
4pAc
Pro Bowler

4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just dropped in to let you guys know that panthers are doing well in forum mock right now 8)

Sig by Darnik44two

Lord Favre Is Immortal
4pAc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 10:30 AM    (permalink
JustJoe2k5
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Bengals | Sheppard could become quarterbacks coach
Thu, 18 Jan 2007 21:02:17 -0800

Geoff Hobson, of Bengals.com, reports if Cincinnati Bengals quarterbacks coach Ken Zampese is hired as the Carolina Panthers new offensive coordinator, recently-hired wide receivers coach Mike Sheppard could become the team's new quarterbacks coach. If Sheppard moves on, former Cleveland Browns head coach Terry Robiskie is one option to coach the wide receivers.
Sounds like a deal may be close. I doubt they would name a coach's replacement if they don't seriously believe he is gone.
Old 01-19-2007, 04:05 PM    (permalink
pantherzfan28

can anybody make me a signature plz ?
Old 01-19-2007, 04:19 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pantherzfan28
can anybody make me a signature plz ?
You can go to the Sig request thread but they usually want you to get your post count up first.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 01-19-2007, 04:19 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2736536

Tim Lewis hired as Secondary coach.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter