Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Carolina Panthers Team Forum

Carolina Panthers Team Forum Discuss the Panthers

Old 03-02-2007, 12:55 PM    (permalink
JustJoe2k5
Pro Bowler

JustJoe2k5 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.JustJoe2k5 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

The fact that we couldn't re-sign Chris Draft before free agency leads me to believe that he thinks he can be a starter and find more money elsewhere. He probably will, so I doubt he is a Panther next year.

Anyone think someone will take a chance on Drew Carter? He is a restricted free agent, his contract can't be that expensive, and it would only cost a team a fifth-round draft pick to acquire him.
Old 03-02-2007, 01:27 PM    (permalink
MURPHMAN
Rookie

MURPHMAN hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJoe2k5 View Post
The fact that we couldn't re-sign Chris Draft before free agency leads me to believe that he thinks he can be a starter and find more money elsewhere. He probably will, so I doubt he is a Panther next year.

Anyone think someone will take a chance on Drew Carter? He is a restricted free agent, his contract can't be that expensive, and it would only cost a team a fifth-round draft pick to acquire him.
Carter received a higher tender meaning whoever signs him will have to give up a second round pick. With this year's strong WR draft class, I doubt anyone will bite on that.
MURPHMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 02:29 PM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So my question: Who will the panthers draft in the first round? Hopefully not Pat Willis(I thought NFLDC had him going there), because KC needs a MLB(plus alot of other things) Just wanted to know your guys' thoughts on it.
Old 03-03-2007, 04:09 PM    (permalink
FirstAndGoal
Rookie

FirstAndGoal hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

"McMichael on the block
<Mar. 3> According to the South Florida Sun-Sentinel, the Dolphins are looking to deal McMichael, who is the franchise's all-time leader in catches (283) and receiving yards (3,096) for a tight end. McMichael is set to collect a $3 million roster bonus along with his $1 million base salary for 2007.

"They have not said anything to me about it nor have any teams contacted me about it," agent Drew Rosenhaus said. "I've got no comment on it because it's the first I've heard of it." " - ESPN.com

Any chance the Panthers might deal for him? I would love it, he is better than Graham and a year younger.

Sig by DLS42
FirstAndGoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 05:07 PM    (permalink
JustJoe2k5
Pro Bowler

JustJoe2k5 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.JustJoe2k5 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
So my question: Who will the panthers draft in the first round? Hopefully not Pat Willis(I thought NFLDC had him going there), because KC needs a MLB(plus alot of other things) Just wanted to know your guys' thoughts on it.
We re-signed and retained our starters at linebacker and allowed our starter at safety to hit the free agent market. Which means safety will likely be the first position we look to address in the draft.
Old 03-03-2007, 05:08 PM    (permalink
JustJoe2k5
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstAndGoal View Post
"McMichael on the block
<Mar. 3> According to the South Florida Sun-Sentinel, the Dolphins are looking to deal McMichael, who is the franchise's all-time leader in catches (283) and receiving yards (3,096) for a tight end. McMichael is set to collect a $3 million roster bonus along with his $1 million base salary for 2007.

"They have not said anything to me about it nor have any teams contacted me about it," agent Drew Rosenhaus said. "I've got no comment on it because it's the first I've heard of it." " - ESPN.com

Any chance the Panthers might deal for him? I would love it, he is better than Graham and a year younger.
I wouldn't mind the move, it just depends on what it would cost to acquire him. If we could possibly send Miami Keary Colbert and a late-round draft pick, since they need wide receivers, I'd do the deal.
Old 03-03-2007, 07:11 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I wouldn't mind the move, it just depends on what it would cost to acquire him. If we could possibly send Miami Keary Colbert and a late-round draft pick, since they need wide receivers, I'd do the deal.
They need more youth on their defense so we could trade something like Chris Gamble to them for their second round pick AND McMichael. We'd still have two good corners, we'd get a good tight end and we'd be able to get some more depth at linebacker and probably safety while we acquire a true nickel back like David Irons in the second.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 07:43 PM    (permalink
JustJoe2k5
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSite View Post
They need more youth on their defense so we could trade something like Chris Gamble to them for their second round pick AND McMichael. We'd still have two good corners, we'd get a good tight end and we'd be able to get some more depth at linebacker and probably safety while we acquire a true nickel back like David Irons in the second.
That would be a nice deal. We would likely need to throw in a pick to even the deal out though.
Old 03-03-2007, 10:55 PM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So, about MLB, what do you think the team thinks about Adam Seward, they were so high on him last year.
Old 03-03-2007, 11:16 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShutDwn View Post
So, about MLB, what do you think the team thinks about Adam Seward, they were so high on him last year.
I think they've still got a lot of man love, but imo we need at least one more viable starter. Buster Davis or Odell Thurman would be perfect. They could start on the weakside (or compete with Anderson) and then move to the middle if Morgan got injured.

Old 03-04-2007, 09:53 AM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSite View Post
I think they've still got a lot of man love, but imo we need at least one more viable starter. Buster Davis or Odell Thurman would be perfect. They could start on the weakside (or compete with Anderson) and then move to the middle if Morgan got injured.

Don't leave out David Harris, he was impressive at the combine and is a real thumper.
Old 03-04-2007, 11:24 AM    (permalink
JustJoe2k5
Pro Bowler

Just a thought:

If LaRon Landry is available at #14, should we attempt to make a deal with New England? New England trades their two first-round draft picks to move up and draft Rodney Harrison's eventual or perhaps immediate replacement.

We sit at #24 and #28 and draft Greg Olsen and Michael Griffin, two guys that would be immediate starters and immediate impact players at positions of need.
Old 03-04-2007, 05:37 PM    (permalink
FirstAndGoal
Rookie

FirstAndGoal hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Just a thought:

If LaRon Landry is available at #14, should we attempt to make a deal with New England? New England trades their two first-round draft picks to move up and draft Rodney Harrison's eventual or perhaps immediate replacement.

We sit at #24 and #28 and draft Greg Olsen and Michael Griffin, two guys that would be immediate starters and immediate impact players at positions of need.
I think that would be a really good trade, if the Pats would do it. I like Landry better than Griffin, but only by a little bit and adding Olsen in addition would be great. It fills two holes for us, not one.

Sig by DLS42
FirstAndGoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 09:48 PM    (permalink
BIG Country
Rookie

BIG Country hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

The team signed for Clemson WR Kevin Youngblood
Safety should be the #1 priority for Carolina. There are only 3 safeties on the roster, Minter, Deke Cooper and Salley!! TE has now become an option with new OC Jeff Davidson (Charlie Weis disciple). MLB not OLB is an area that needs to be addressed. DE depth is a need. No need anywhere for a DT. Injured LT and C coming back and the OL is switching to the ZBS (no cut-blocking though).
KR/PR MUST be addressed somewhere.
BIG Country is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 02:50 AM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

Quote:
Just a thought:

I'd rather we draft Pouz and then Griffin and wait in the second to take Miller.

Old 03-05-2007, 05:48 PM    (permalink
JustJoe2k5
Pro Bowler

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/141/story/40909.html

That's a very bad Hankton.
Old 03-06-2007, 05:03 PM    (permalink
BIG Country
Rookie

BIG Country hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Chris Weinke was cut today. Marques Tuiasosopo is suppossed to be visiting later in the week.
Safety should be the #1 priority for Carolina. There are only 3 safeties on the roster, Minter, Deke Cooper and Salley!! TE has now become an option with new OC Jeff Davidson (Charlie Weis disciple). MLB not OLB is an area that needs to be addressed. DE depth is a need. No need anywhere for a DT. Injured LT and C coming back and the OL is switching to the ZBS (no cut-blocking though).
KR/PR MUST be addressed somewhere.
BIG Country is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 05:07 PM    (permalink
JustJoe2k5
Pro Bowler

There's a name out of nowhere. Don't know exactly what they feel he would bring to the table. I'd consider Joey Harrington.
Old 03-07-2007, 04:37 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

I'm hearing tuisiasupo's name a lot.

Old 03-07-2007, 08:10 PM    (permalink
JustJoe2k5
Pro Bowler

http://www.charlotte.com/141/story/43059.html

We've also looked into Patrick Ramsey and he may make his decision by tonight or tomorrow.
Old 03-07-2007, 08:17 PM    (permalink
JustJoe2k5
Pro Bowler

Daniel Graham and Eric Johnson off the market. Looks like it'll be Greg Olsen or bust.
Old 03-07-2007, 08:57 PM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Daniel Graham and Eric Johnson off the market. Looks like it'll be Greg Olsen or bust.
I can't put our obvious need at Safety over what would be a luxury at TE. We have tools on Offense, we don't have a starting/young/durable/talented safety.

Reggie Nelson or Laron Landry to me are on another level instinctually.
Old 03-08-2007, 03:00 PM    (permalink
JustJoe2k5
Pro Bowler

ESPN has Cato June and Ken Hamlin as two players who could potentially end up in Carolina. I would support both moves. If we address our two biggest needs in free agency, we suddenly have alot of freedom with how we use our draft picks.

Hamlin will likely demand quite a bit of money, but I think June could be signed fairly cheap when you compare it to other deals that have been made this offseason.

Last edited by JustJoe2k5 : 03-08-2007 at 03:03 PM.
JustJoe2k5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 03:37 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

I'd like to see us sign both, but if I had to choose our signings I'd go with Harrington and June, then the BPA safety at 14 and then Miller in the second.

Old 03-08-2007, 09:36 PM    (permalink
SchizophrenicBatman
Pro Bowler

Location: TJ Warren is a better and more productive player than Jabari Parker
SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Jeff King will break out under Davidson so Im not too concerned about TEs

I've been a big Hamlin fan but his play went down a notch after he got smacked in the head with a pipe so I dont think that risk would be worth it if we had to outbid other teams. June is awful and Id rather pay Draft starter money to compete for an OLB slot/back up Morgan than pay June anything