Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Carolina Panthers Team Forum

Carolina Panthers Team Forum Discuss the Panthers

Old 04-28-2007, 01:03 PM    (permalink
JustJoe2k5
Pro Bowler

JustJoe2k5 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.JustJoe2k5 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Hurney should get on every phone available and shop that #14 pick to anyone that remotely needs a quarterback.
Old 04-28-2007, 01:46 PM    (permalink
FirstAndGoal
Rookie

FirstAndGoal hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

thats what we need!

Sig by DLS42
FirstAndGoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 01:48 PM    (permalink
FirstAndGoal
Rookie

so who do we look to get at 25? I think definately Nelson and Griffin, two very different safeties. I like them both, and their value at 25 is good, but I give the edge to Nelson.

Sig by DLS42
Old 04-28-2007, 01:52 PM    (permalink
ericcartman

Nice move, I love it.
Old 04-28-2007, 01:58 PM    (permalink
SchizophrenicBatman
Pro Bowler

Location: TJ Warren is a better and more productive player than Jabari Parker
SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I loved that trade. A second and more for moving down to a place where we'll take some we'd have taken at 14 anyway. I would have preferred taking Quinn and holding him hostage but at this rate it doesnt look like anyone wants him LOL

Revis is my favorite corner in this draft so I can see why the Jets made that trade, but still, AWESOME

Michael Griffin @ 25 is what I want
Old 04-28-2007, 02:08 PM    (permalink
JustJoe2k5
Pro Bowler

JustJoe2k5 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.JustJoe2k5 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I liked the trade as well. Puts us ahead of Philadelphia, so we still have a realistic shot at Michael Griffin. Two second-round picks that could be used on players who can contribute immediately. I'd still love to see the Kris Jenkins deal completed.
Old 04-28-2007, 02:21 PM    (permalink
FirstAndGoal
Rookie

Haha if Jenkins is traded for a 2nd round pick, we would have five picks in the first three rounds. That would be awesome because we could fill all of our immediate needs.

Sig by DLS42
Old 04-28-2007, 02:23 PM    (permalink
ericcartman

Well, Adam Schefter (NFL Network) reported that it is highly likely that Kris will still be a Panther after the draft.
Old 04-28-2007, 02:40 PM    (permalink
FirstAndGoal
Rookie

I figured it would be hard to get a trade together, but I still hope for one.

Sig by DLS42
Old 04-28-2007, 02:49 PM    (permalink
FirstAndGoal
Rookie

Griffin's now gone, maybe we'll focus on Nelson or possibly even a WR

Sig by DLS42
Old 04-28-2007, 02:50 PM    (permalink
ericcartman

Is the LB from penn state, a possibility?
Old 04-28-2007, 02:59 PM    (permalink
FirstAndGoal
Rookie

He's more of an OLB while we need more of a MLB. One name I haven't heard of much is the MLB from Michigan, David Harris. Any chance the panthers take him? And also, don't rule out Greg Olsen. The Panthers could really go a bunch of different ways with this pick.

Sig by DLS42
Old 04-28-2007, 03:05 PM    (permalink
FirstAndGoal
Rookie

Now Nelson is gone, leaving Merriweather and his character problems. I think the panthers go elsewhere in the first round and look to pick up a second or third round safety.

Sig by DLS42
Old 04-28-2007, 03:28 PM    (permalink
FirstAndGoal
Rookie

i would have liked the panthers to make the trade the cowboys made. we would have gotten their 2nd this year and thier 1st next year, which probably will be pretty high. Thats a great move for the cowboys, and you can't fault the browns either.

Sig by DLS42
Old 04-28-2007, 03:57 PM    (permalink
ericcartman

I can live with that. Infact, I kinda like it.
Old 04-28-2007, 04:03 PM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't like it much. We needed an inside LB...
Old 04-28-2007, 04:04 PM    (permalink
JustJoe2k5
Pro Bowler

Not the sexiest pick, but it fills a need. I really didn't want Greg Olsen there, so we really didn't have anywhere else to go. I'd look for safety with our next pick.
Old 04-28-2007, 04:06 PM    (permalink
SchizophrenicBatman
Pro Bowler

SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It was a very "meh" pick but after the Pats took Meriweather I really don't know who else we should have taken

If anything we should have tried to trade down again with Dallas
Old 04-28-2007, 04:14 PM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They better be drafting him to be an ILB

hopefully he will make me feel better during training camp.
Old 04-28-2007, 04:27 PM    (permalink
JustJoe2k5
Pro Bowler

If what Michael Smith said is true, we would have drafted Jon Beason at #14. So we get the guy we wanted and acquire an additional second-round draft pick.
Old 04-28-2007, 04:34 PM    (permalink
JustJoe2k5
Pro Bowler

Scott Wright's positives about Beason:

Terrific athlete...Short but not necessarily small...Very good speed and quickness with a burst...Outstanding instincts and awareness...Is strong, physical and plays much bigger than he is...Solid tackler and a violent hitter...Has sideline-to-sideline range...Solid in coverage...Always seems to be around the action...Versatile with experience at all three (SAM, MIKE, WILL) linebacker positions...Has a motor that never stops...Fantastic leader with excellent intangibles...A great special teamer.

Sounds like a solid guy who could fill in at any linebacker position we need him to, if not start alongside Dan Morgan and Thomas Davis.
Old 04-28-2007, 04:45 PM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

OK, lets get something straight, Morgan is done. He will get injured and we won't have a MLB.

I thought James Anderson was going to be a WLB??

I have a feeling we are going to blow our next pick on something stupid.
Old 04-28-2007, 05:04 PM    (permalink
SchizophrenicBatman
Pro Bowler

After reading up some on Beason he sounds like a decent pick who lost a chance to build some draft hype but getting injured his senior year. Typical Panther guy, "team leader" "good character" etc

I think his future is at MLB, if you read nfl.com's profile of him it explains why pretty well. Basically, he's what I was hoping Willis could be for us, except Willis was out of reach. He'll fill in at WLB until Morgan goes down, then take over. I'm fine with this, since I don't think Anderson is ready. I like James as a situational pass rusher, but not as a full-time player yet

Only problem is, we're replacing an injury prone Miami LB...with an injury prone Miami LB?

As for the next pick, I fear the worst also. If you check out the wp28 blog, Beason was the highest guy left when we took him at 25, and actually we had him graded as 25th. Here's the problem, the guys I see at our next pick that we have high grades on are...Ray McDonald and Tanard Jackson

I like McDonald but not on our team. Jackson I hope we have graded as a CB and not a possible move to safety because using a 2nd round pick on a Dime corner is so stupid even our front office wouldn't do it. Theyre dying for safeties though...ugh

Other guys to look for: Abiamiri, Zach Miller, Weddle, Ben Patrick

I'm ok with any of those four, but would love Weddle or Patrick
Old 04-28-2007, 05:32 PM    (permalink
JustJoe2k5
Pro Bowler

I'd love Eric Weddle with our first second-round pick and Justin Durant with our second second-round pick. I also still think Yamon Figurs will be a Panther, simply for his speed.
Old 04-28-2007, 05:57 PM    (permalink
JustJoe2k5
Pro Bowler

Chargers got our guy, perhaps they could ship Marlon McCree back to us.